It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Large age difference  (Read 133155 times)

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Large age difference
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2005, 11:55:58 AM »
I am sure that is often the case.   I think I mentioned in my posts a while back about one guy who was 63 and likes 19 year olds.   I noticed he likes to show them photos of his house with servant quarters, the classic car collection, his private plane, his orchards and all his other posessions.    I think if they fall in love it will be with the possessions and not him.  

Heck I might scare off a Russian gal any age if she saw photos of my old pickup and my house.    Well, I guess the bright things of the age difference is that she is 5 years older than the runner up was and if I get a couple of years of happiness that will be great and if I don't it won't be any different that when I was married to my american wife.

Offline jb

Large age difference
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2005, 12:31:11 PM »
I think this is the right forum.
http://www.russianwomenabroad.com/our_forum/viewtopic.php?t=12390&start=75
Here you can see what some of these 20+ year younger ladies think of their older husbands.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
Large age difference
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2005, 12:36:13 PM »
jb, you have to have a password I think to get to the link your trying to show us, unless you can copy and paste.

Offline ConnerVT

Large age difference
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2005, 03:50:45 PM »
To put a different spin on this thread, I was best man at my closest friend's wedding Friday evening.  He was the best man at Natalya and my wedding, and there he met my wife's maid of honor.  Nine month later, they are married.

He'll be 43 next month.  She is 23.  He's American, she is Russian.  They are so good together, that everyone who knows them can not think of a better couple.  She is in the US on a J visa (self financed cultural exchange, exempt from the 2 year return clause).  He needed to talk her out of returning to Russia about 4 months ago.  She was in the US, so it's been there, done that... and was happy to return to her country.  So not every 20 year age difference is based on the escape to the Golden PX and suck the sap dry.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Large age difference
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2005, 06:37:15 PM »
Elen is from the old school that all Russian women who marry older men are out to use them and leave them.
 I/m from that school where I was learned to think ahead at more than honey moon:P

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
Large age difference
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2005, 06:50:28 PM »
Jack, I think Elen is trying to rationalize why a 34 year old woman would want a 54 year old man. Elen is trying to use logic and the logical thing is that the woman wants a green card and the means to obtain it. A meal ticket in other words. We are living in a age when 40 something AW are looking for relationships with younger guys. My cousin just turned 59 and she is engaged to a 54 year old doctor. Age can go both ways. My friend is 51 and his wife is 67 and they have been happily married since 1986. In the beginning my friends tried to talk me out of this and now her friends are doing the same with her. There is no rule book that says relationships have to have a prescribed age limit. If I had met someone 24 it would be a recipe for disaster. I have met a very mature 34 year old lady who does not show any signs of being a scammer or user. I even told a friend that even if within the 90 days it does not work out I still want to give her an opportunity to see my country and to visit her sister who married an American and is very happy. The fiance visa is good for one thing, it allows a little more time to be sure if it was the right decision. The 90 days may not be a lot of time but a lot can happen in 3 months.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 06:54:00 PM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Large age difference
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2005, 07:11:45 PM »
Nope I try to immagine what I would do with husband who's 20 yeras old than me after spending 20 years in marriage:?:?

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Large age difference
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2005, 08:10:38 PM »
Elen, it might be a good thing. He will kick off 20 years before you and hopefully leave you some money and you will still be young enough to enjoy it. ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 08:11:00 PM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Large age difference
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2005, 08:40:56 PM »
Yeah that variant crossed my sceptical mind too. But it was  accompaned by our silly saying "Я стою у ресторана, замуж - поздно, сдохнуть - рано":? (translated something like "I'm staiyng at restorant's doors. It's too late for me to marry, it's too early for me to die."  How many of you do dream about 40 years old bride?

There were also two another opportunities for future in that kind of marriage

-  professional home nurse who knows anything about prostatit-gastrit-and all others ailments with prefix "chronical" and who faced 2 or 3 husband's heart attacks

- young lover:P

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
  • Trips: None (yet)
Large age difference
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2005, 05:05:28 AM »
Quote from: Elen
Yeah that variant crossed my sceptical mind too. But it was accompaned by our silly saying "Я стою у ресторана, замуж - поздно, сдохнуть - рано":? (translated something like "I'm staiyng at restorant's doors. It's too late for me to marry, it's too early for me to die."  How many of you do dream about 40 years old bride?

There were also two another opportunities for future in that kind of marriage

-  professional home nurse who knows anything about prostatit-gastrit-and all others ailments with prefix "chronical" and who faced 2 or 3 husband's heart attacks

- young lover:P

LOL

more like young lover...  but they want our maidens to be their nurse
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didnt speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
Large age difference
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2005, 11:49:02 PM »
Quote from: Kvinna

LOL

more like young lover...  but they want our maidens to be their nurse

Well, it is proabbly cheaper than paying for nursing care, not that many sensible women would hang around for such a deal.

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
Large age difference
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2005, 04:02:53 AM »
Elen,

My wife is 19 years younger than I am (50/31) now and we have been married for almost 5 years now, we have a 2 year old daughter and our relationship is extremily strong, now I will say that money is not and most likely never will be a problm for us.

That said of my original work crew of 17 men who were in Russia for almost 3 years on a construction project all of them brought back Russian wifes. The men ranged in age from 33 to 45, some had been divorced, some had never been married, the average age difference is between the men and their wifes is 18 years. It has been almost 5 years now sense our project in Russia was finished and I still keep in touch with 14 of the original 17 men in my crew, of those 14 there has been 1 divorce so far.

Maybe the sucess of these men is because they were living and working in Russia and that all of the men were well educated, maybe it is in part because they are all making very good money in their jobs. Non-the-less all of them including myself have younger wifes and we are all doing very well with their Russian wifes.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
Large age difference
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2005, 04:24:06 AM »
Oh my TigerPaw's, these are not real numbers that Elen or Kvinna are going to like to read or share with their friends. 14 married couples, married for many years, one divorce and the average age difference being about 18 years.

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
Large age difference
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2005, 05:18:41 AM »
Jack,

Elen and Kvinna are like so many other people "Don't tell me what I do not want to hear". Better yet "Do not confuse me with facts that contradict my preconceived ideas".

Offline KenC

Large age difference
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2005, 05:21:17 AM »
Tigerpaws,

That is incredible.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bruno

Large age difference
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2005, 06:08:03 AM »
Jack, Tiger,

I don't know Kvinna but about Elena, you are wrong... i know a little of the story of Elena and i understandt his reaction...

Imagine yourself, with a daughter who have just quit the adolescent periode ( 18 year ), not already a adult... and you see a foreign who can be your father and who will meet your daughter... i think that your own reaction will be to shoot him...

I understand the hate of Elena about old man who meet young woman but i am sure that she read so post with interest... and maybe each success story can calm her a little ... but without really stop his normal reaction like mother...

Now, i am sure that some go ask why she have not explain it before... simple, woman are more reserved about her private life, specialy russian one... they don't like show all her feeling to a large public...

For these of you who wish young lady, don't forget your potential mother and father in law... if they say "no", same if your relation with the young lady is good, you have a lot of chance that the marriage never happen...

Previously, woman have children very early in russia ( before 20 year old )... and with 19 old difference, a lot of chance that you mother and father in law are more young that you... :shock:

Maybe for Kvinna, Elena, Fiorella,... it can be interesting to know what think a RW married with a AM where the difference of age is more of 15 year... Now that the marriage is a success ( more of 5 year )... what is the advantage for her to life with more old man... like material security, maturity...

Let's go, explain to a mother why it can be good for a young lady to marry a older man !!! It will be difficult to convince Elena but her reply will be the reply of each mother in Russia...

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Large age difference
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2005, 07:14:04 AM »
I have read with interest all the posts on age difference.  My girl is 23 years younger than me.   Some say it's ok, others say no.  But it looks like a "go," so I am planning ahead.   Naturally, I am confident about the relationship or I would not proceed.  So that brings me to my question...where is a good place to live in the US if you don't want all the grief of having a younger wife?  NYC?  San Fran?  I know Arkansas is not the answer :)

I also know New England is faster on visa paperwork, so I may move there in the beginning.

I can live anywhere since my work is everywhere. I am lucky in that sense.  So, where is the ideal place for more liberal ideas?
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
Large age difference
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2005, 09:14:04 AM »

If you have meant that topic on AntiDate about age difference, then it was not about women who are married to much older men. They are adult and this is their choice. The topic was about that men who follows the girls that not look for older men (and they wrote about it in their profiles). Many of those men after they were rejected offend those girls
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didnt speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
Large age difference
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2005, 09:18:28 AM »
Quote from: TigerPaws
Jack,

Elen and Kvinna are like so many other people "Don't tell me what I do not want to hear". Better yet "Do not confuse me with facts that contradict my preconceived ideas".

hm as I remember I don't know you, so you cannot be sure if we are like so many other PEOPLE OR NOT or it is new thread about us in personal?

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Large age difference
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2005, 09:31:24 AM »
Quote from: Kvinna

If you have meant that topic on AntiDate about age difference, then it was not about women who are married to much older men. They are adult and this is their choice. The topic was about that men who follows the girls that not look for older men (and they wrote about it in their profiles). Many of those men after they were rejected offend those girls

Yep that's the jist of what I saw on the antidate forum. Maybe it's the 'anti' that is upsetting everyone needlessly.  Wish my Russian was better but even using translation software the site does not seem anti AM to the extent expressed here.  A bit of contempt prior to investigation...

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
Large age difference
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2005, 09:39:44 AM »
Kvinna, I think most of us here are in agreement with many of your same thoughts and feelings. On occasion we hear about old men who only seek and want young girls. Like with you and many of your Russian lady friends, this does not leave a good taste with a lot of us.

It does happen Kvinna, the world is full of all kinds of people, good and bad. From my observation you and some of your girlfriends want to label, or consider, most foreign men involved in the pursuit for a foreign bride as bad. I think this is what is bothering a lot of the guys here. Just as you make reference to, and you are correct, in that we do not know you, how can we judge you? We want to say the same to you. You do not know us, how can you judge each of us?   

Kvinna, I see a new member just signed up today, a retired army ranger. Ranger Joe is 68 years of age. Ranger Joe dates Ukraine ladies 40 years younger than him. Is that a lot of years age difference? You bet is it.  Is this an example of some of the things you are referring to? Probably. Is this an everyday thing? No, this is the exception, not the norm. Ranger Joe in my opinion has some balls to openly discuss this, but then he is a retired ranger so one would expect him to have some balls. All I can say to this Kvinna is that there are also some very, VERY, wealthy older men in Russia, in Moscow for example and these 60-65-70 year old men also like to run with the young 20 year old Moscow girls. So please, when you ladies start talking about what you perceive as bad things being done by foreigners do not forget to look beyond your own back yard and again realize these are the exceptions, not the norm.

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
Large age difference
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2005, 10:04:48 AM »
Quote from: Jack
 All I can say to this Kvinna is that there are also some very, VERY, wealthy older men in Russia, in Moscow for example and these 60-65-70 year old men also like to run with the young 20 year old Moscow girls. So please, when you ladies start talking about what you perceive as bad things being done by foreigners do not forget to look beyond your own back yard and again realize these are the exceptions, not the norm.

please, give me some example when Moscow girl 20 y.o. is dating with Moscow old man 70 y.o.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Large age difference
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2005, 10:18:12 AM »
Jack,

I'm not stone-deaf, guys and do hear what you are talking here about. But I don't see any reason why should I change my opinion just because of you say something.

Let's spend at first 20 years in marriage like I did then you will be an authority for me in such subject:P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 10:33:00 AM by Elen »

Offline Bruno

Large age difference
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2005, 10:51:47 AM »

[line]
Yep that's the jist of what I saw on the antidate forum. Maybe it's the 'anti' that is upsetting everyone needlessly...
[line]

BC... i have exchange some PM these week with some of the russian woman on these forum... and now, i know a little of the history of antidate...

In the very beginning , it was almost only a black list of man... but with time, it is become a forum like here at RWD with a lot of topic ...

Now, some member of antidate agree that the "anti" is to much... but change of domain name is not a easy step... some thing about this actually...

In all case, the name don't show the real content... i have not read a lot to now but it is not always the negative side... certainly in the newer post...

[line]
please, give me some example when Moscow girl 20 y.o. is dating with Moscow old man 70 y.o.
[line]

Kvinna, i have no example but it is very possible... like young AW date very old rich AM... by example, usually, old chief of mafia have always young woman :cool:... this exist in each country... in reality, the woman use the old man for a better situation... he have money, he is the chief of factory, ...

If i was 70 year old, i am sure that i have no chance to find a 20 year old woman... same in russia... because i am not rich, i have not own house, i have no car, ... i have nothing to give except a old body... :? it why i have search a wife now, for not be alone when i will be old, and for have children... a other of my dream... 

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
Large age difference
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2005, 11:12:02 AM »
Quote from: Bruno

[line]
Yep that's the jist of what I saw on the antidate forum. Maybe it's the 'anti' that is upsetting everyone needlessly...
[line]

BC... i have exchange some PM these week with some of the russian woman on these forum... and now, i know a little of the history of antidate...

In the very beginning , it was almost only a black list of man... but with time, it is become a forum like here at RWD with a lot of topic ...

Now, some member of antidate agree that the "anti" is to much... but change of domain name is not a easy step... some thing about this actually...

In all case, the name don't show the real content... i have not read a lot to now but it is not always the negative side... certainly in the newer post...

hm... and where you find this information? Antidate was made as a forum for women from FSU about hazards and risks of online dating, it was and it is still and it will be so

and yes we have black list and this is very useful for our women, we suppose the men who are involved online dating process (not only westerners but from FSU as well) have to be sure that our women are not "orphans" and they can find the help and protection against some jerks, that is what antidate is supposed to do

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541277
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701