It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello from Georgia U.S.A.  (Read 18991 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello from Georgia U.S.A.
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2017, 08:23:30 PM »

I didn't say otherwise, and am back from a short trip to Kyiv.  Prices are rising, on some items, daily.  Milk products are so expensive for the average Ukrainian, those who don't have children don't even buy milk or cheese.

I was not disputing what you said at all( I am in agreement) -- my post was about a real inflation number -- and my comment was about the "50%" rise --  eg it could well feel like that and just a exaggeration for effect ie no big deal !
I actually do take an interest in comparative prices -- but --I cant remember specifics from before ! So not much help !
I was in the supermarket and open markets food shopping yesterday - and was trying to recall previous prices .

On bigger picture -- rising costs ,inflation,will impact food prices sooner or later -- and demand will see prices rise - and that includes locally produced produce.

To the OP -- some said that she should meet you at the airport = to me -- a nonsense . In a more established relationship - maybe.
Why? Putting yourself in the hands of someone else at this stage -- is opening yourself unnecessarily.

This is 2017 and organising yourself to get to Cherkassy is no big deal --especially so if you drive yourself.( presuming you are a competent + driver! :)

On the phone number -- I sent you info-- did it still not work? If you pm me number I will check it for you.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2017, 08:45:46 PM »
Rick,

I understand your perspective on going in December.  And I have said enough.

But I have one question - and one question only for you on the phone issue.  Have you EVER seen this lady, directly interacting with you (as in a Skype call or any other medium)?  I just have a niggling feeling that something isn't right.  And if you haven't, then I propose that this is the reason for your phone connection problems.  If you answer the question, I'll explain what I mean - and I won't have to because Jay and many others will chime in and immediately know what is happening.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline JayH

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2017, 08:58:34 PM »
That is an issue to me for sure.
But it may be simply solved --or it is possible it means more.

I am loathe to promote paranoia  ( ala Trenchcoat etc) --but --often a little info can go a very long way and save a lot of angst.
Additionally -- Cherkassy is a reasonable size   -- but -- I have told a story( from last year) of  being out to dinner in a restaurant  where the next table was occupied by 3 girls I recognised -- and one spotted me ! I have often recognised girls ( women!) in numerous everyday places here.So--you never know !
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2017, 12:40:04 AM »
Hey Rick, how much do you trust this girl?

If you do, let it ride with emails and meet her in Cherkasy. Make your plans flight, bus/train to get to see her and tell her about each one, maybe she will be excited?

You can also ask if her neighbor will let your 'girl' download skype on computer so you would be able to speak and video chat, just a thought.

It can be hard to go in blindly, only communication in emails but hey, no money being spent, yes? Biggest question here is trust issue. Most people on this board will question your decision if you continue as you have been. I can tell you, I lost a girl because I mistrusted her because we couldn't talk on phone, she had old phone that only worked in one spot in house( no she didn't have to stand on head), so calls rarely ever went through( got same message as you got). Another I will meet for first time soon, she has an old phone and we can speak for 10 seconds before connection fails..........but she does have computer.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline JayH

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2017, 12:57:24 AM »
Hey Rick, how much do you trust this girl?

If you do, let it ride with emails and meet her in Cherkasy. Make your plans flight, bus/train to get to see her and tell her about each one, maybe she will be excited?

You can also ask if her neighbor will let your 'girl' download skype on computer so you would be able to speak and video chat, just a thought.

It can be hard to go in blindly, only communication in emails but hey, no money being spent, yes? Biggest question here is trust issue. Most people on this board will question your decision if you continue as you have been. I can tell you, I lost a girl because I mistrusted her because we couldn't talk on phone, she had old phone that only worked in one spot in house( no she didn't have to stand on head), so calls rarely ever went through( got same message as you got). Another I will meet for first time soon, she has an old phone and we can speak for 10 seconds before connection fails..........but she does have computer.

Good points -- all can be true. I also made some dumb decisions in the past --only later to find out more. It is why I dispute every girl has a smart phone and easy access -- it is not the case.
Negatives need to be considered--but not obsessed over.

FWIW -- LAman  is and has been having current exposure ( as I have and am having)  so info is real and above all else CURRENT from real exposure.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2017, 04:16:14 AM »
I think what Jone may mean OP is, are you communicating with this girl on ppl (pay per letter) basis or even paying monthly or somehow to a dating site or agency, etc. In other words, is there any money incentive for her to keep talking to you. Remember the money you earn may make any such expense look insignificant but to many FSW its a lot of money - they are dirt poor out there, I mean real poor, most are surviving ok by still all the same poor.

OP, you say you've been here a fair while and learn't a lot. The way this girl is acting its classic signs that your 'talking to Boris' as the saying goes. Which is why people ask if you have seen here and wonder about the 'bad connection problem'. Its also I think why some have back down from their advice to go meet her. If its a Boris there will be a no show. You've talked to this woman for 5 years and never seen her on Skype in all that time? She could not arrange something with a friends laptop, she was not intrigued as to seeing you on Skype? You can never get through for a phone call to hear her talk at all? It might all be fine if she is messaging you for no monetary gain what so ever, she might be a bored housewife but it seems a bit strange to me over a 5 year period then the first chance you have to meet something comes up.

You can have bad connection problems in Ukraine, the second girl I met in Nikolaev was a student (24 year old) she just had one of the basic early version smartphones so it was limited what she could do - functionality wasn't great. The present girl I met lives in Kherson and has bad connectivity - slow and whenever she goes away from city centre virtually non-existent unless she gets lucky. Apparently she has contacted phone company and they are looking to improve it in near future. Then again it may depend what mobile plan you get on, I'm assuming a wealthy foreigner can get on a good mobile plan with good coverage to what seems like little money a poor girl may only be able to afford basic plan with connectivity issues. That's my thoughts.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2017, 08:24:50 AM »

Gentlemen, the lady borrows a neighbor's laptop to write Rick everyday so it's safe to say Rick doesn't pay for communication through the agency anymore. She never asked him for money. Scammers and insincere women don't wait years for a guy to put out. The reason this relationship hasn't progressed is because of issues on Rick's end. He concluded she's the best woman in many ways he's ever met. There's no need to waste anymore time and their lives. They need a face to face meeting to decide if they want to proceed or end the relationship. Even if Rick goes over a 4 day holiday weekend, he should go. Don't let a quality woman wait.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2017, 10:04:31 AM »
They have both waited for 3 and half year.
Absolutely no need to hurry up a meeting now.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »

"She is easily the most kind, caring and sensitive woman I have ever met. And funny. Model beautiful." Rick

Rick's trip to see that woman is in December. Another man who can make things happen may cut in line. They have no commitment to each other. The more Rick delays the more he risks losing one of the best women he's ever met.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2017, 11:25:08 AM »
"She is easily the most kind, caring and sensitive woman I have ever met. And funny. Model beautiful." Rick

Rick's trip to see that woman is in December. Another man who can make things happen may cut in line. They have no commitment to each other. The more Rick delays the more he risks losing one of the best women he's ever met.

Oh my god.....after 3 1/2 years or 5 years or whatever....and Rick is risking losing one of the best women he has ever met???? )))

Something tells me that Rick is willing....to take that chance.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline jone

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2017, 11:27:07 AM »

If they have really waited ......

Trench, never put words in my mouth.  I have no suspicions that they are suckering Rick with PPL or the like.  What I can believe, having experienced it, is that someone may be communicating with Rick in his woman's place.  If that is the case, the first reveal would be that he has never seen her in a Skype, Viber or WhatsApp call.  But rather than jump to any conclusions, I'll wait for an answer before thinking wrong things.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2017, 02:37:54 AM »
If they have really waited ......

Trench, never put words in my mouth.  I have no suspicions that they are suckering Rick with PPL or the like.  What I can believe, having experienced it, is that someone may be communicating with Rick in his woman's place.  If that is the case, the first reveal would be that he has never seen her in a Skype, Viber or WhatsApp call.  But rather than jump to any conclusions, I'll wait for an answer before thinking wrong things.

Why on earth would they me doing that? You think she may be contracting out ones that seem reluctant to get on a plane, lol

I think ML is right no need for Rick to rush these things, he should make her wait a good decade or so to be sure ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2017, 08:42:04 AM »
Pochemou ti eto vsegda Tango Whiskey Alpha Tango, Trench ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2017, 10:20:24 AM »
Pochemou ti eto vsegda Tango Whiskey Alpha Tango, Trench ?

Not as much as he who makes a fuss out of saying the word twat ;)

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2017, 07:58:13 PM »
I was told on Sunday that in Kyiv, potatoes have now risen in price to 18 hryvnia a kilo from 8 (when I was there).  It may be short lived, but that is what Ukrainians live with daily. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2017, 08:46:36 PM »
Ochka's parents have huge garden west of Kyiv.
Almost drought conditions there this year and potato crop substantially reduced, along with many other items.
But she was surprised a rise from 8 to 18.
She will check with relatives in Kyiv soon.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2017, 09:06:57 AM »
Bookooc,

I live in Cherkasy in the home that the $50,000 bet was on.  There are at least 2 other Americans that live there as well as a few passers thru. 

If I can be of some help send me a PM.

Offline ML

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2017, 10:12:17 AM »
Bookooc,

I live in Cherkasy in the home that the $50,000 bet was on. 

Mike, what is this bet ?  Is there a thread related to it ?

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2017, 12:15:21 AM »
 :D  I've heard rumors of it before somewhere!  ;D

I guess the OP didn't need any help after all. No PM.  :clapping:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2003
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1993
Total: 2003

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM