It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Honest marriage agency in St. Petersburg  (Read 20331 times)

Offline patroclo

Honest marriage agency in St. Petersburg
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:51:55 AM »
Hello,

I would like to advise the services of this Russian marriage agency in St. Petersburg http://beautyspb.com.
I know the owner, she is very professional, she knows personally all women that comes into her agency.

Cheers!!

Offline BoozeBaron

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Honest marriage agency in St. Petersburg
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:15:12 AM »
Greetings -

Not sure what to do here - So many duplicate posts on this topic - but most are so dated I figured I'd try here first as this is 'the most recent' post on the topic, yet (I think) it's over 6 years old - Plus it got no response or action despite being read over 2000+ times - so figured I'd at least start here... If I get no reply - I'll repost again in the main Q&A section or start a fresh one ...

Anyway - Long story short - I've stepped away from this world for 3-4 years now due to a variety of reasons - but primarily for a medical procedure/surgery - and an 18 month engagement that ended not-so-great back in 2012ish... So I figured I'd just take a breather, get my med issue sorted - and then rethink this venture and if it's truly for me or not...

That said - I do have the chance to go to SPB in OCT/NOV (lovely time I know lol) - but weather aside, I am struggling to find any agencies anymore - let alone reputable ones??... Been ages since I've been on this site (RWD) and see it still gets allot of action, but many of the usual suspects, players, and such are long gone or many things have changed and sites or links been shut down etc.... Everything always changes I suppose...
Anyway - Having done this off and on now for (god) 12 years  :cluebat: I've tried every site and every method and pretty much every thing I can think of... My final conclusion is - You can find the best agency, the best terp, or maybe even the best site or gal - but no one will ever know 'her true intentions' - which is why I prefer face to face meetings ASAP, with several fall-back plans so I can size up the person and situation... I've always been a WMVO type... and that takes allot of time and energy to turn so many stones in search of a diamond ... but it did (almost) work last time... yet I see now it was probably for the best .... but that is another tale for another day... sigh...

All that to say - If anyone can recommend a reputable agency or site in SPB (area) that I can plug into here as I mend from surgery - (as I have nothing but time on my hands here for the next several weeks) - so - figured I may as well brush up on my RU some, and see if I can find any 'diamonds' out there - Also my last 9 trips to EE have all been to UA, BY, and MD  - It's been over 12 years since I've applied for a RU Visa - Are the rules pretty much still the same about needing an 'invite letter' and showing where you'll be staying and such? - Still submit things to DC consulate etc? What's the lead time to get your Passport back etc? (pardon my ignorance - but only just thought about this all last night as I was drifting off - and literally just decided to give it another go this a.m.) ... so buckle up, and enjoy the ride -

Cheers,

BB

PS: This was one of a very few sites that I found - but the only 'review' I could find was written in RU by a female member and she *really* throttled the agency and the guys using it (sex tourists) dated 2015 ... so good to see so many out there are still screwing things up for us 'good guys'... Thanks  ::)

http://www.bridespb.com

PSS: Another thought just hit me with all this terrorist stuff and Putin's power plays and buzzing US ships etc - is this even a trip worth taking? I mean are we sliding back into the cold war days? I see very little mention of RU anymore on here (in my 5 min search - so don't flame me too hard eh) ... But am now wondering if the propaganda machines are being dusted off and maybe Americans aren't very welcome there anymore? Any thoughts on that too would be greatly appreciated... Ta
I'm American born, but work in London, Prague, and NZ... Currently back in the USA

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 10:45:19 AM »
Short and sweet:

No intelligent, logical thinking western man should even be thinking about going anywhere in Russia to meet anyone.

Read the news.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 11:30:08 AM »
But am now wondering if the propaganda machines are being dusted off and maybe Americans aren't very welcome there anymore? Any thoughts on that too would be greatly appreciated

You'll be just fine.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline BoozeBaron

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 11:33:32 AM »
Short and sweet:

No intelligent, logical thinking western man should even be thinking about going anywhere in Russia to meet anyone.

Read the news.

1) I'm well-travelled with 8 companies from the PAC-RIM, EU, US, and Asia... Explained all my "why's" in my OP and tried to ask questions that went beyond a 'newbie' - yet tried not to not sound like an arrogant know it all... b/c I don't know it all.... Having been out of the game for 3-4 years, and frankly speaking, UA was a much easier place to visit and navigate... Just time to change it up some I think.

2) Having dealt with Marussia Automotive the past 9 years in Moscow and SPB I've developed some pretty decent business relationships and rapport with most I engage - I have a great business translator though from Warsaw that travels with me and she covers my arse every trip - She will pull me aside if things are going pear-shaped, or if things are not as they seem - But that is business - this is my heart, soul and future - .... BIG difference, and why I come to RWD to ping my thoughts off of others who've been there, done that...

3) I travel the world and seen some of the best - and def seen some of the worst - If you read my "PSS" commentary - I did ask if anything had changed with Putin's aggression and the recent buzzing of our navel vessels and so on... "Short and sweet" covers it - so I'll thank you for that - but outside of 'read the news' (which I live and do daily, internationally) - I thought I'd pop back on here and see what Dan and the usual suspects MAY have to add or say since many are married to RU women - but also know, many now opt for the easier, more travelled path of Ukraine... which as I explained, I'm kinda tired of for reasons I'm not going to get into here today...

4) I'd like to think I'm intelligent and am def "logical" - (to the point of nausea really) - but only you can judge my character, not me - as that would be presumptive and arrogant - and just downright cocky and rude... But whatever you may think of my question (regarding an agency in SPB), per usual, I get lectured and told how stupid of an idea it is - yet no one offers an more viable alternative or concise reason 'why' that is such a horrid idea? ... I'll assume it is down to what I've already said about Putin and him taking Crimea, shooting down commercial jets and invading eastern Ukraine... So surely you're not going to tell me to go there now right? I was in downtown Kiev when all hell broke loose last time, and couldn't get out of there fast enough... 10 months later I was in Poltava and had to leave there as well .... Crimea is now Russian - so much for Ms. Alushta... I passed on Sochi and the F1 GP race last month despite sponsorship/business obligations ... Just didn't feel right...

Anyway - Thanks for your 2 cents... If anyone has anything else to add beyond geopolitical skirmishes - I'd appreciate the insight...

Cheers,

BB
I'm American born, but work in London, Prague, and NZ... Currently back in the USA

Offline BoozeBaron

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 11:38:41 AM »
You'll be just fine.

Thanks MHR7 ... I have no issue going to MOW/SPB - I just need a reliable source/agency to assist with meeting genuine women...

Cheers,

BB

Offline BillyB

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »
I just need a reliable source/agency to assist with meeting genuine women...

No better source to trust than yourself. I know you want to jump on the plane and meet women and have somebody else do the homework to learn if a woman is sincere but you should learn about the women yourself. Nobody can tell you which woman is a good fit for you. You can also learn a lot about women on the phone and Skype before you jump on a plane. You want to spend $5000 on a first date only to learn the woman wants kids and you can't have anymore? There's a lot you and the ladies can figure out before a first date. You'll also improve your communication skills with the opposite sex so when that first date comes around, they'll love how you talk.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 03:50:43 PM »
Short and sweet:

Read the news.

Well thanks ML, I didn't know my lack of intelligence and logical thinking has consumed me. Just to show how 'il-informed' I am, I am going back again...just to show my lack of intelligence in learning from my mistakes.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 04:08:24 PM »
Thanks MHR7 ... I have no issue going to MOW/SPB - I just need a reliable source/agency to assist with meeting genuine women...

Cheers,

BB

I think it is just about impossible to find a good agency these days.  Better to use a combination of ElenasModels (though some think it has declined), AllSingleRussianGirls.com, LuckyLovers etc. and then actually be present.  There are "English speaking speed dating" events in Moscow, possibly one in SPB also.

Concerning attitudes, I think some RW have gotten a bit more anti-West and are more skeptical, as well as defensive of Putin, Crimea situation etc. 

For myself, I said that I liked both the Russian and Ukrainian people and that I hoped there could be peace between their countries; which is accurate, and doesn't result in either person having to feel that they are compromising their beliefs.

Of course, if she is hard core old school Soviet - you might decide to cut and run.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline JayH

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 04:14:09 PM »
Hey BB-- welcome back.
Agencies-- honest? mmm Not going to happen.
Why not use your experience  to go your own path. You have the resources and ability to make your own way.Once you are in the area( ie eastern EU) it is not far (in time) to go anywhere.
I would concur with ML's advice !  You are familiar with Ukraine-- and I would not let previous experience deter you.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 06:25:26 PM »
Your Alcoholic Lordship ;D,

You may have noticed that one of the major motivations for most Russian women looking for a Western partner in the past was seeking stability and security - with the consequent mushrooming of dating & marriage agencies featuring them after the collapse in Yeltsin's days.

However, an improving Russian economy gradually caused most RW, particularly those from large cities like Moscow and SPB, to abandon the idea. What is left can be found on social sites like VK and Mamba.

On the other hand, their former agencies turned to all sorts of scams to maintain some revenue, therefore a "Honest marriage agency in St. Petersburg" nowadays is practically an oxymoron ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 06:30:26 PM »
Anyway - Thanks for your 2 cents... If anyone has anything else to add beyond geopolitical skirmishes - I'd appreciate the insight...

Cheers,

BB

Have you looked at mamba.ru ?

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »
As someone who's been living in Russia for 3,5 years as a permanent resident, I totally disagree with what people replied in this thread. It all DEPENDS! You can't answer the question unless you know a, b and c.
As someone who lived in USSR during Cold War, I can tell that the situation in Russia now is not even close to what was going on in Brezhnev's times (I wouldn't even mention Stalin's times). One can travel freely, exchange foreign currency, own an apartment, start their own business etc. There's still a freedom of press in Russia. Go to Эхо Москвы or телеканал Дождь and you'll see stuff that even in Brezhnev's time would get you jailed at the spot. In Stalin's time those guys wouldn't survive a single day physically. And under Putin they can live more or less happily and do their job.

Propaganda doesn't feed women, nor it helps them to find decent partners. So I wouldn't be putting too much weight on it. Also the propaganda is mostly anti-American, so if you live in any other country, it shouldn't even be your slightest concern. Even if you are an American, still you have to realize that people in Russia hold different opinions. And you might meet a woman who's not affected by the propaganda. Keep in mind that those who are under influence of propaganda won't be trying to meet you in a first place. That way if she's willing to date you and possibly emigrate, then obviously she doesn't believe the propaganda. There are close to 150M people in Russia, so even if 20% don't believe the propaganda, it's already about 30M people. Whole Ukraine is about 40M. And I'm 200% sure that in Ukraine you can find people who are not less brainwashed than some locals, since lot of Ukrainians watch the same Russian TV stations. So statistically, if there are about 30M people in Russia who aren't brainwashed then what's the problem if you just need to find one woman?

My personal experience is that it's generally safer in Moscow area than in Ukraine and there's more order in general. Also it's much easier to get along with women in Russia, than with women in Ukraine.

I disagree that nowadays the economic situation in Russia is so great and stable. People lose jobs, ruble plummeted and prices grow. Where I live if you earn an average salary, you can only rent a cheap studio apartment, eat and almost all of your money is gone. If you earn an average US salary and rent a studio apartment and eat, you still have about 50% of the money left. But it's not just money. It's a quality of medical services etc. Incomparable. Away from Moscow even doctors earn about US$150 per month. It's nothing. Literally.

Also it's not easy for an average looking local woman to find a decent partner for marriage. So it all comes down to who you are and your demands in a potential partner. In Ukraine the economic situation is more desperate, so it might be somewhat easier to find women for marriage, but those women just want to escape Ukraine. They might not even like you (I won't even mention love). If a Russian woman is willing to marry you, chances are she at least likes you and not just your passport. My Russian wife doesn't want to go anywhere, though an average salary in my country of citizenship is FIVE times higher Russian average. Let alone medical services and etc.

As per agencies, most are scammers, of course, but not all. I'll try to find out locally about the decent ones in Moscow area. And then I'll post my recommendations.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:08:19 AM by papakota »

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 04:55:44 AM »
You might want to check out a new agency in Moscow area. They have a web site. This one:

http://kotkovski.com

They have a flat fee for their service, so one doesn't have to pay per letter, Skype call or phone conversation.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 04:59:01 AM by papakota »

Offline finn1974

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 04:06:38 PM »
Hello,

I would like to advise the services of this Russian marriage agency in St. Petersburg http://beautyspb.com.
I know the owner, she is very professional, she knows personally all women that comes into her agency.

Cheers!!

My friend who's working in SpB also told me nice things about this agency!

Offline msmob

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 12:40:43 AM »
Welcome, Finn1974

I'm always little dubious about recommendations of agencies by new posters ;)

Why? I simply do not understand in this day and age why ladies and men NEED them !

There are lots of dating sites, without the need of a company 'holding one's hand / milking you for accommodation / taxis / interpreters ........

Offline finn1974

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 02:35:36 PM »
msmob,
Why nowadays one might turn to an agency? A few reasons, I suppose. A language barrier. Also I  think that those women who went to register themselves at an agency tend to be more serious about marrying a foreign man and moving to his country. At a dating site, you have to spend tons of time by going through zillion of profiles. Agency is much more to the point in that sense. Like, there! Go and get it! If it's an honest agency then the chances for success are much higher. Most Russian women do not want to leave Russia. So you'd just waste your time talking to those. Those from an agency are different in that sense. They are ready for a relocation. Huge difference!

As per milking...I agree with you that most agencies do that, but there are a few exceptions to this rule! Even in this topic, I've checked out an agency that was mentioned awhile ago by another poster. This one:

http://kotkovski.com

I called the owner here in Moscow and they only charge a flat fee, no additional charges for translation, communication etc. Though they don't have a huge database of women (around 20 ladies or so), but lots of them are from Tatarstan (Kazan) and very exotic and attractive for my taste. There are couple of pages with profiles here:

http://kotkovski.com/ladies

So if you just broaden your horizons and check out different agencies, including small ones like that one I've mentioned, you'd be surprised as of what you could find!

Offline BoozeBaron

Re: Honest marriage agency in St. Petersburg (Odessa?)
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 09:43:50 AM »
Hey guys -

Apologies for going MIA - Dealing with some health issues that literally hit days after starting this thread/post - and do sincerely appreciate the dialogue back and forth that I missed out on till just today! -- So am truly sorry that I couldn't reply sooner.... and to those I 'know' (BillyB and Sandro et al) - you guys already know how much I value your feedback, advice and opinions, so a special thanks to you 2 ... (I know you logged ALLOT of time in RU didn't you Sandro?) Based on previous conversations - that is my lasting memory of our few conversations ..

All that said - This was written 'pre-Trump' and before all hell broke loose with RU and the world really... Gawd, what times we live in now eh?

So - I've been out of the game (world!) for 22 months now - just went thru my last surgery and last round of chemo - with one lapo surgery left to go - but feeling well enough now to travel (got the green light in May from my Doc, that I could travel again) - so have just recently started hunting around - and I'm really being thrown back to square one with all this as I've been out of the game for 2 years and the world really has changed allot during that time...

I've also struck RU off my list now (so, unless someone can make a compelling case to still go despite the current World Cup going on, and Russia running out of beer!) - I see no reason to pursue this path any longer with our current gov't - for I suspect (or sense) a massive pissing match is about to begin - and they may block travels or we may do so in return since we've already deported diplomats etc etc ... Who knows what crazy stunt Putin (or Trump) will try next that will impact US/RU relations and think it's just best to go with what I know works and what is tried and true - I think too, I was still licking my wounds from Ms. Kremenchuk that crashed and burned after 5 trips, 18 months, and a quasi-proposal/engagement - only to find a 'spare UA boyfriend' on the side via Vkontakte (VK) -- Man, you can research and search and background check everything till the cows come home - I even met and broke bread 2x times with the family and had mom and dads full support - but I guess she didn't tell them 'everything' either - Last time I wrote her as 'our song' popped up on the radio and thought I'd send a "how are you?" nice kinda note 6 months after parting ways - and got a 1 word reply = "Married" - Wow... Ouch... I didn't even wanna look.. So just dropped it and took a break... Much needed one too....

Anyway.... Obviously none of us would want to endure that (again) - and we all do everything we can to avoid something like that happening at all costs - BillyB, I read your response (remember, 2 yrs has passed since I asked and you kindly answered me) and I must confess I bowed up a little bit at first with your suggestion or recommendation about me dropping $5K on a useless blind fishing expedition (you know me well enough to know that's totally not my M.O. and have never spent that kinda dosh on a trip to UA or RU) If anyone 'researches' and develops a relationship before hopping a flight, it's DEF me!!! :) - but after thinking about what you said more - You're kinda right of course (and I knew and I know that no agency can truly determine a woman's inner thoughts and motives and what her 'game' is) or we'll just call all that 'sincerity' or if she's playing you (and the field) - You can only achieve or learn that answer with a visit - (and even then, can still get stabbed in the back) so I'm all about face to face meetings and spending as much time together as possible - and do as many 'serious' trips as possible - and just go on 'dates' together and of course, meeting the family ASAP etc etc etc ... But as just said, I'm doing a total reboot here now - and starting fresh from square one - so this really will probably be my only post on here (as RU I think is off the Menu now) and will post any other Q's in the UA sections as needed - but I was looking forward to speaking with papakota as he lives in Russia and shared allot of good info that kinda made sense and aligned with my thoughts as to 'why not?' give it a try - but he also gave me a mini history lesson on the pitfalls as well - so wanted to ask a few more things of him as well -- but see now that he was 'banned' from RWD for reasons I don't know? but that tells me he got sideways with someone on here pretty bad - as I've seen some pretty harsh battles before - but rarely seen anyone ever get banned?

Moving on.... The other issue is I'm now 2 (more) years older than when I last wrote on here - and I was in fine health back then... 22 months later - I'm at 80% on a good day and I know that's a massive deal with the ladies.. but the clock is ticking and honestly I am running outta time - so whilst I'm currently out on 'medical leave' for work, figured I may as well pack my bags and give it one last try... and if I fail - so be it - At least I went down without any regrets ... Funny how life works - The ironic thing is the old saying about 'everything happens for a reason' - Looking back now - *IF* things had panned out with Ms. Kremenchuk - but say we'd gotten hitched, and then I took ill maybe 9 months after that? Who knows what would have happened then?? as my income was slashed by 80% short term - and had to leave work for 22 months - and even today - I'm still not 100% myself ... I'm not traveling till AUG/SEPT/OCT - so hopefully by then I'll be feeling 100% and ready to roar - but am def buying travel insurance in case something pops up and rears its ugly head and have to postpone my travels - sigh - this sucks!!... Gawd I hate when our bodies betray us ... but not much we can do about that aye? If it ain't one thing - it could be something else - like a city bus running you over tomorrow... So may as well live for today...

Anyway - Apologies for yet another one of my infamous lengthy rambling missives - but so many of you put allot of thought into your answers here - I felt really bad about not answering till now... I do appreciate the feedback and am taking it all onboard.

As for 'today' - I'm now searching for flats in Odesa at the moment and think I'll go hang there for 2-3 months this fall... No idea where to re-start my 'search' as most sites are crap now, or out of business, or the 'industry' finally caved in on itself - I also don't know where I stand with the whole K-1 thingy given my reduced income over the past 22 months... Am hoping the 12+ years of 6-7 figures before where I did fairly well would suffice?? - Plus I will start collecting a healthy paycheck again here soon hopefully by fall - but that too has me concerned...  I've been (reluctantly) watching all these different "90 Day XYZ" series while I was laid up in hospital - and OMG - what are these people thinking and doing?? I know they probably pick the "worst of the worst" to make for 'good TV' - but this past season was very scary - both the men and women and all the games being played (and psychological instability of some of the key players) really put me off - SCARY stuff man! :(  I truly feel terrible for some of the ladies that bought into the BS these guys were dishing out - but that's another thread for another day...

Anyway - I'll go poke around the Odesa threads now, and see if I see anything new and useful there to help get me going again... But always welcome sound advice - esp with the change in climate these past 2-3 years now...

I do hope everyone has been doing well - and again, appreciate those that shared their ideas and recommendations as well as those that contributed with some thoughtful/helpful answers... But now it's time to do a full and hard reboot - and take a new approach ...  We shall see! Thanks everyone....

Cheers -

BB :)

PS: If I sound a bit 'weird' - I am on mild painkillers that make me a bit "loopy" at times - but also today is my b-day and is a monumental one - Yeah, this one stings - bad! - So that too lit a fire under my tail that I can't just sit around feeling sorry for myself - I gotta get back into the saddle and see what's out there - I've dated a few AW over the past 2-3 years (coffee/movie/dinner dates etc) - and while they're 'nice' - nothing beats what I once had.. Gonna be REAL hard to top that experience - But, it IS better to have loved and lost, than to never had loved at all... Despite the sh*tty outcome, I still truly believe that :) Ciao
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:04:44 AM by BoozeBaron »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541320
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701