It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Outsourcing Chat girls in Ukraine  (Read 4107 times)

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Outsourcing Chat girls in Ukraine
« on: October 26, 2016, 03:36:21 PM »
I have often toyed with the idea of outsourcing good looking chat girls and women in Ukraine for customer support.

Well, looks like someone has beat me to it.

Namecheap the domain registrat now outsources most of it's team. Guess where?

Kharkov, Ukraine.

The SEO and marketing guys are going crazy over it and buying domains like madmen in order to speak to a live chat agent  :)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Outsourcing Chat girls in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 04:36:28 PM »
Skype live translate supports bi-directional real-time spoken  English<-->Russian translation, so you can speak to them in English and they can speak to you in English, these ummm chat girls...

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 04:47:02 PM »
When Dell outsourced its customer support to India, I stopped buying Dell laptops.

When one of our national phone companies outsourced its customer service to the Philippines, I switched to a competitor, whose customer service is based in Montreal. 

I'm sure it is nice for men to see a pretty face if they are skyping for customer support, but it has its limitations.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline alex330

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 04:56:23 PM »

I'm sure it is nice for men to see a pretty face if they are skyping for customer support, but it has its limitations.

Many times that is the case, but apparently not here. Tech support is known for being notoriously poor. I also shy away from Indian support, but namecheap seems to be doing quite well so far  -

"Best live chat customer support I have ever encountered They will do whatever they can to help you. Oh, and yes, they're very easy on the eyes, too."

Offline Larry1

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 06:05:40 PM »
I worked at two large multinational companies that offshored work to India.

At one there was considerable pressure from the top to offshore back office work. At one point I had to travel to India to perform training. The Company had a large campus with a number of high-rise office towers. While there I explored a bit. One floor contained people who worked in the business that sold automobile breakdown coverage (think AAA, but it wasn't AAA).  Drivers who purchased the service called an 800 number if their cars broke down. The phone call would take them to India where English speaking employees would get their information and dispatch a tow truck to them.

I found out about this from a girl in the breakroom. she invited me to listen in on some of her calls. They all went perfectly. On one I thought she might be stumped. It was from a guy in one of the islands near the coast of Charleston, south carolina. They have an extremely strong accent. But she understood the guy perfectly. Then she called a tow truck driver, whose accent was really thick. she communicated just fine with him as well.

Neither of the two guys ever knew she was in India. They all assume typical American names. Plus, she could speak with no Indian accent. They hire only people who know English well. And then they put them through a long course they called, if I remember correctly, accent modulation.

Interestingly, the tech support people our company's employees had to use did not go through that training, so they had the Indian accent.

At the second company one of the tax executives was a brutal cost cutter. He got rid of a bunch of people in the united states and replaced them in part with Indian attorneys who worked for the company's Indian subsidiaries. The learning curve was steep and most of the attorneys did not work out. There was one, however, who was extremely conscientious and eventually came to do good work. He supervised the new hires in India.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 07:44:11 PM »
I have often toyed with the idea of outsourcing good looking chat girls and women in Ukraine for customer support.

That's discrimination. If you're trying to get your male customers horny, you got to do something to please the female customers too.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline southernX

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 07:47:04 PM »
Australian companies are increasingly using these offshore services, pity is their English is not that good , but worse they have no idea on locations etc if you need map services or information being ascribed to your situation as is with accidents etc

our largest Telco has a fleet of such people , they are totally ridiculous and slow to deal with most aussies despise this offshoring of such services

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline alex330

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 07:48:58 PM »
That's discrimination. If you're trying to get your male customers horny, you got to do something to please the female customers too.

Last I heard discrimination laws were not up to speed in Ukraine   :)

In any case I have yet to meet a woman who works in SEO so they may be safe.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 08:41:40 PM »
Australian companies are increasingly using these offshore services, pity is their English is not that good , but worse they have no idea on locations etc if you need map services or information being ascribed to your situation as is with accidents etc

I have found this as well.  I called a courier service for the cost of a package to a city 300 km away.  The service technician didn't know where the cities were, notwithstanding they are large, by Canadian standards.  I was quoted $300.  I could fly the package there personally for less.  So, I called another courier, and the quote was $20.  I know for a fact that tech was just out to lunch.  I phoned back and complained and was told many of the techs are "new and don't have a good grasp yet of geography".
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 05:19:44 AM »

our largest Telco has a fleet of such people , they are totally ridiculous and slow to deal with most aussies despise this offshoring of such services

I have found this as well.  I called a courier service for the cost of a package to a city 300 km away.  The service technician didn't know where the cities were, notwithstanding they are large, by Canadian standards.  I was quoted $300.  I could fly the package there personally for less.  So, I called another courier, and the quote was $20.

Same here, with many companies now outsourcing to India or The Philippines.  Again, accents and a lack of local knowledge can lead to the downfall of the relationship.  A couple of telcos which had outsourced overseas have now brought their call centres back to New Zealand, precisely for this reason.  I had personal experience of this, talking to a gentleman in Bangalore or somewhere similar.  I have many Indian friends, with all sorts of accents, but I struggled to understand one word in ten from this guy.  I had to give up, simply because neither of us had any idea what the other was talking about.

I know for a fact that tech was just out to lunch.  I phoned back and complained and was told many of the techs are "new and don't have a good grasp yet of geography".

Surely the best course of action would be to train them in the area's geography BEFORE letting them loose on the unsuspecting public!  :cluebat:

Offline jone

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 07:29:00 AM »
Moose Jaw? (I've always loved that name for a city.)

Here's a picture of Mac the Moose in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, population around 33,000.  Local residents are called Moose Javians.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1875
Total: 1886

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM