It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why Ukrainians and Russians will never be Brothers  (Read 41502 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Why Ukrainians and Russians will never be Brothers
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2014, 09:45:45 PM »
International man of mystery,

I have not talked to you via PM in YEARS.  So what confidences could I have violated.  You sound like a sissy when you say such things.

Oh--is that true?Please do not go there-must have been another LT!!
What you think are insults are just plain incorrect and wrong--you know virtually nothing of my situation and circumstances-- and illustrate it by making such widely wrong comments.
I have to laugh at you when you accuse me in that manner--I note your lack of comment about you directing nothing.You hand out repeated attempts to insult in an attempt to provoke-- quite a few directed at me recently--over what? some inane idea of something I never said. You are hardly an important piece of my life-so why would i be bothering.
Manipulating you-- how would that ever have been--I gave you some advice some years ago-- to avoid your trolls and come to rwd-- I also urged you to tone down your posting to avoid being banned--hardly manipulating and I would NEVER have claimed to control you in any way--fact is I spend time to not comment on a lot of nonsense you post.As for me making any such claim--ridiculous.

AC-- my point is that it is what it is--not how we would like it to be, so dealing with the realities is quite different from internet bravado.
BTW--LT has his knickers in a knot because I posted that US ground troops were not needed in Ukraine and that with the right support Ukrainian troops could do the job--comment based on what a more likely scenario would be.LT wants to twist that into a anti-American stance!!

Enough space wasted on that nonsense for the year!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:02:15 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2014, 09:57:53 PM »
AC-- my point is that it is what it is--not how we would like it to be, so dealing with the realities is quite different from internet bravado.

It's not "internet bravado" IMO to say that Ukraine should be given the weapons which they have asked for.

Poroshenko went to DC and made a fabulous speech, only to be met by the usual inaction by our CIC.  Any other competent President would have given his country the military hardware they needed months ago.

lordtiberius

« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2014, 10:05:20 PM »
JayH, who cares?  You never were a friend to me as evidence by your behind my back insults. 

Here is a question.  How is your search going?  Are you married yet?  Why not?

Offline JayH

« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »
JayH, who cares?  You never were a friend to me as evidence by your behind my back insults. 

Here is a question.  How is your search going?  Are you married yet?  Why not?

LT-- nothing said anywhere I would not repeat in open or to your face--  you can be a f...... idiot.!! ;D
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2014, 10:12:40 PM »
I will be Ukraine next month.  You will get your opportunity to do just that, 007.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2014, 10:51:04 PM »
I will be Ukraine next month.  You will get your opportunity to do just that, 007.

I think we both know the answer to that statement.  Lots of internet "hero's" fade away from face to face meetings.  But boys, stop quarreling.  You're supposed to be on the same team.   :popcorn:

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2014, 10:51:48 PM »
you know it is only my opinion , ;)

but if the UN had of actually had some teeth in this  issue it would have been far simpler, quicker , with better results to put UN troops on the ground in the donbass right from the get go , the minute crimea was invaded

it would have removed the ability for any side to make a bigger conflict once UN troops had of established boots on the ground , or risk taking on the wider world community in direct conflict
it would have removed the propoganda apparatus that has thrived in the vaccum as well

even mr putin would i  think have shied away at that ,

SX 

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2014, 10:57:48 PM »

but if the UN had of actually had some teeth in this  issue it would have been far simpler, quicker , with better results to put UN troops on the ground in the donbass right from the get go , the minute crimea was invaded

it would have removed the ability for any side to make a bigger conflict once UN troops had of established boots on the ground , or risk taking on the wider world community in direct conflict
it would have removed the propoganda apparatus that has thrived in the vaccum as well

SX

I agree with you however the UN has no teeth at all without US leadership.  So it goes...

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2014, 11:44:57 PM »
AC
the UN  , needs a revamp imo , badly !!!!

not enough countrys ,[ australia included imo ]  have beefed up their own security to support the top 2- 3 in the world & be responsible for their own security & collectivly that of others 

we had 100 countrys support the UN vote against russia for invading /anexxing crimea,
imagine how the UN would be if it had the mandate to send peacekeepers into ukriane with that level of support ??

yes it will never happen , but it should have  ;)

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

lordtiberius

« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2014, 11:50:40 PM »
First order of business in the UN revamp is throwing Russia off the Security Council.

Second, any new powers granted to the UN sets up a world government.  I would rather see colonialism make a come back than to be ruled over by an international clique of plutocrats.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2014, 02:43:06 AM »
UN troops would have been welcomed by Putin--a frozen conflict means he could effectively control the rebel held areas without actually having to foot the bills for keeping those regions functioning. He has played the same card very well with Moldova/Transnistria, with Georgia/Abkhazia and South Ossetia, and with Nagorno-Karabakh sandwiched between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

UN peacekeepers would mean that Kyiv loses control, likely for a very long time, while Russia gains control. Also, the EU and NATO rules do not allow new members to join permanently when they have territory wrapped up in internal disputes. UN peacekeepers would mean denial of the chances of Ukraine every deciding to join one or both.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2014, 03:39:13 AM »
Peacekeepers! Hahahahaha Вы хоть сами верите написанному ? Нет , конечно
Overall  I would agree with Mendy this time regarding NATO troops
It will  kill Ukraine totally, which is already dead though

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2014, 04:15:23 AM »

And your beloved Russia is in sooooo much better shape?

Hahahahaha

Offline Doll

« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2014, 05:57:26 AM »
And your beloved Russia is in sooooo much better shape?

Hahahahaha
Correct

lordtiberius

« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2014, 06:24:12 AM »
Russia is a leader.  It leads Europe in unsolved murder, abortion and heorin abuse.  Talk to us again about Morality honest Russians.  You are so smart.

Offline Doll

« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2014, 06:30:43 AM »
I agree- Russia is the leader

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #191 on: December 22, 2014, 06:39:25 AM »
I agree- Russia is the leader

Leading the race in having the most collapsed currency in the world???

Offline AkMike

« Reply #192 on: December 22, 2014, 08:59:18 AM »
It's little brother Belarus is also having a major meltdown now including capital controls. Ban on internet sales price freezes, full blown hyper inflation.. bummer ;)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-22/belarus-full-blown-hyperinflation-panic-blocks-news-online-stores-bans-all-fx-tradin

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #193 on: December 22, 2014, 09:06:56 AM »
It's little brother Belarus is also having a major meltdown now including capital controls. Ban on internet sales price freezes, full blown hyper inflation.. bummer ;)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-22/belarus-full-blown-hyperinflation-panic-blocks-news-online-stores-bans-all-fx-tradin

Get ready for a new wave of Belarusian and Russian MOB agencies brim full of Russian beauties desperate to find a sucker from the West to marry and use as a mule.   :devil:

Offline AkMike

« Reply #194 on: December 22, 2014, 09:47:34 AM »
It'd be easy to weed out the katsaps.

Just tell them that you'll be moving to your dacha in UA within a few years. Full time!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:08:18 AM by AkMike »

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #195 on: December 22, 2014, 10:19:34 AM »

SX

I disagree with you there bruddah. U.N. involvement would only have likely escalated into other conflicts and likely made the Ukraine invasion a full scale war. The U.N. is nobody's friend and has no one's interest but, the U.N.. It is a self perpetuating body looking to be the world's military force

Offline calmissile

« Reply #196 on: December 22, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »
I disagree with you there bruddah. U.N. involvement would only have likely escalated into other conflicts and likely made the Ukraine invasion a full scale war. The U.N. is nobody's friend and has no one's interest but, the U.N.. It is a self perpetuating body looking to be the world's military force

Agree with you there.  Might as well pull out and start over.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »
Peacekeepers! Hahahahaha Вы хоть сами верите написанному ? Нет , конечно
Overall  I would agree with Mendy this time regarding NATO troops

Your missives are becoming increasingly maniacal in nature, Doll.

As I mentioned up thread having Canadian soldiers in Ukraine is one way to minimize a full on Russian invasion. Russia can't afford to go toe to toe with a NATO member country, it's that simple.

My guess is in time there will be several NATO member countries with contingents on the ground in Ukraine training Ukraine's soldiers, resupplying/equipping and rebuilding their infrastructure.

You won't be aware of it but there was an American/Canadian combined unit of elite commandos called the 1st SSF (Devil's Brigade). I'm reminded of their 'calling card'  which seems apropos in light of Russia's current predicament. Translated it reads "The Worst Is Yet To Come."

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2014, 11:21:19 AM »

Besides, all the stakeholders have to agree to having Peacekeepers on the ground or there is no mandate. As Mendy has mentioned Ukraine is not so naïve as to request assistance from the third world country club (UN) with most of the member countries  anti west/US and influenced by Russia.

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Muzh

« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
:ROFL:

That is actually hilarious if there weren't all these dead bodies around.  Not even Muzh defends Obama on Ukraine.  Why do you?

Do NOT talk for me. I happen to agree with Mendy, which BTW, you accused me of being a Russian lover because I don't want Obama to send the troops in.

And THANK GOD you are just an ex military grunt who has no decision-making capabilities.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1886
Total: 1897

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM