It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First timer.. Need advice  (Read 9332 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: First timer.. Need advice
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 04:59:55 PM »
GATOR HUMOR EXPLAINED:

A mule (as in the harness) is someone who is used to get across a border.  The woman marries the man solely to get into the country and long enough to establish residency and then figures out a way to dump the man.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 07:21:56 PM »

Trenchcoat, I know you're hurting but don't go too cheap on a sincere girl if you meet one. Don't make her pay a price for the last girl you met who was selfish. Sincere women always deserve more than gold diggers. There's a balancing act when dating ladies. You don't want to give the impression you're buying their love by taking them to 5 star restaurants and hotels but you don't want to give the impression you're pinching every penny to the point they'll think the life you'll provide them with will be a struggle.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 08:09:56 PM »
Trenchcoat, I know you're hurting but don't go too cheap on a sincere girl if you meet one. Don't make her pay a price for the last girl you met who was selfish. Sincere women always deserve more than gold diggers. There's a balancing act when dating ladies. You don't want to give the impression you're buying their love by taking them to 5 star restaurants and hotels but you don't want to give the impression you're pinching every penny to the point they'll think the life you'll provide them with will be a struggle.

Right on the dot.
I know I'm repeating myself but this is still good advice. Before I went to Moscow for the first time my friend told me: Do not think that you're going there to meet your future wife. You're going on vacation to an exotic place and when you get there you're going to have a date. The nice thing about dates is that you get to go too, so have as good of a time as you want to have and if that's not good enough for sweety pie then hit the trap door and move on to the next one.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline ML

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 04:46:49 PM »
. . . hit the trap door . . .

OMG . . . that sound pretty severe !!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2016, 11:56:01 AM »
No, that would be the "golden rule" for a cheap bastard looking to get something for nothing. Is that really your approach to dating women in England? If it is, then by all means there is no need for you to change now, is there?

What amount do you consider as being 'taken for a ride'? 100 euros, 500 euros, 1500, what? So if you buy her a couple of Happy meals at MickeyD's and she still hasn't 'put out' it's time to move on? Maybe you'd buy her a couple more if you've at least had a hand job by the 2nd Happy Meal? What is the policy here?

Ah, it must be your 'golden rule' FP, that's where I got it from from, you did after all buy your wife her ring in Walmart  ::)

Seriously though, love should be free, it shouldn't really matter how little you may spend. What I'm saying is wait and see if the girl is real into you first then spend more. It's not really a case of whether your wealthy here but a case of eliminating wasted time/expense - mainly decreasing the amount of scammers out there, if guys are more prudent with their money they will get fed up of not feeding of it and go away, thus increasing the amount of really interested women out there. That's my thoughts anyway.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2016, 12:13:20 PM »
Seriously though, love should be free, it shouldn't really matter how little you may spend

Were that the case, she'd be dating a FSUM, not looking for a foreigner.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »

Were that the case, she'd be dating a FSUM, not looking for a foreigner.

But she doesn't like the accent of FSUM.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2016, 06:39:44 PM »
Ah, it must be your 'golden rule' FP, that's where I got it from from, you did after all buy your wife her ring in Walmart  ::)

Seriously though, love should be free, it shouldn't really matter how little you may spend. What I'm saying is wait and see if the girl is real into you first then spend more. It's not really a case of whether your wealthy here but a case of eliminating wasted time/expense - mainly decreasing the amount of scammers out there, if guys are more prudent with their money they will get fed up of not feeding of it and go away, thus increasing the amount of really interested women out there. That's my thoughts anyway.

You were not paying very close attention. My wife bought both our rings to get married with at Wal Mart. I still have mine and wear it daily. She did receive another  nice ring I gave her sometime after that.

Being prudent with your money is a good idea, being stupid isn't. There is such a thing as being too stingy. Seriously guy,is that the way you date the English women?

Offline Noch1

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2016, 01:41:33 AM »
You were not paying very close attention. My wife bought both our rings to get married with at Wal Mart. I still have mine and wear it daily. She did receive another  nice ring I gave her sometime after that.

Being prudent with your money is a good idea, being stupid isn't. There is such a thing as being too stingy. Seriously guy,is that the way you date the English women?

Wal - Mart sells wedding rings, really ? :roll eyes:
WOW I never would have thought it LOL.

Common sense, Is not so common!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2016, 05:01:10 AM »

Yes they do actually. In fact they had quite a selection of wedding rings although all we she bought was the two bands.

We had some time restraints and were basically stuck to purchasing some bands on Thanksgiving day or, not have any during the ceremony. Have you ever tried to buy a wedding band on Thanksgiving day?

Offline ML

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2016, 08:45:19 AM »
Smart people buy as much as they can from WalMart.

A high percentage of their stuff is the same name brand that you pay much more for elsewhere. Just recently: Canned goods, frozen goods, Burpee seeds, grass fertilizer, charcoal grills, TVs, OTC and prescription drugs, etc.

And, with their buying volume, they can afford to be picky and demand the best quality for the price they pay.

Before one trip to FSU way back when, I bought a light weight sports shirt at WM for $14 and another at a high end men's store for $49.  At the end of 3 months the $49 one had developed fraying in several places.

Only stupid people avoid WalMart, Costco, etc.
I frequently see multi-millionaires in WalMart, but have never yet seen some people I know who think they are important and worry about who might see them there.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2016, 09:49:03 AM »

I frequently see multi-millionaires in WalMart, but have never yet seen some people I know who think they are important and worry about who might see them there.

Why stop at Walmart? How about Goodwill and other second hand stores? Millionaires shop there too? Many of the items are new or lightly used and sold pennies to the dollar. My wife and MIL like to go to Goodwill and buy new designer clothes for a fraction of the price. My wife just bought a Gucci purse for $7 that was almost new. Some of the things people throw out after paying thousands for it is mind boggling but my wife is she's getting things girls dream of at a fraction of the price.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »

Wal-mart sells more jewellery than any retailer in the U.S., over $2.75 billion annually.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2016, 11:44:50 AM »

A high percentage of their stuff is the same name brand that you pay much more for elsewhere. Just recently: Canned goods, frozen goods, Burpee seeds, grass fertilizer, charcoal grills, TVs, OTC and prescription drugs, etc.

And, with their buying volume, they can afford to be picky and demand the best quality for the price they pay.

Before one trip to FSU way back when, I bought a light weight sports shirt at WM for $14 and another at a high end men's store for $49.  At the end of 3 months the $49 one had developed fraying in several places.

Some things are not the best quality at Wal-mart.  As an example, we purchased sugar and flour there.  I don't use sugar, but the better half likes it in porridge.  He said it was "different", not as good.  I had a bag of flour from another store, and mixed it with the Wal-mart flour.  The Wal-mart flour was greyish, not white, like in the other bag.  We tried twice, thinking it was a one off, but same result. 

Jewellery from Wal-mart is fine, but usually only 10 karat.  10 karat jewellery tends to be sturdier than 14 karat gold.

Clothing at both Wal-mart and Costco tends to be of a lesser quality, similar to H & M, or Gap.  Brand names such as Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein, for example, have been proven to sell inferior quality goods to Costco.  This is the same for all outlets, by the way.

Food products at Costco tend to be of very high quality, it is something they demand of suppliers.  Their Kirkland brands are usually excellent.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:49:58 AM by Boethius »

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2016, 11:47:39 AM »
I really don't understand all the question about how much money to spend on women. Guys should already be experienced in this department. If I invited a woman to go to downtown Chicago it should be for more than a walk around town. Concert, movie,
decent restaurant. Try to avoid nice stores.

Almost all the women I met were happy for a free trip to Moscow. And everyone paid their own way there trusting me to pay them back when they arrived - which happened within minutes. Most of them knew what they wanted to do or see. It was their city but they seldom got to enjoy it.  So we went to art museums and other museums. Water parks, classical music performances, operas, Bolshoi, popular Russian entertainers. Nothing I didn't enjoy myself and exactly what I would be doing at home. I was always able to choose the apartment to rent and consulted about all other choices.

Most were so happy to come and meet me in Moscow. Only three times did I go to their cities and that was worth it also. Several times we even bumped into people they knew in Moscow.

So in summary I want to say keep it reasonable but DO NOT be cheap. If you arrive in Moscow or St. Pete try and get a copy of
[/Where] magazine. Similar to U.S. and gives you many ideas. Just walk into better hotels and ask to see concierge. Plus find Moscow Times Magazine - also free at many places and also free. Both are in English.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2016, 12:00:03 PM »
But she doesn't like the accent of FSUM.

FSUM are ugly
have you seen my receding hairline?

FSUM are very aggressive
wait till we have sex

FSUM are boring
You want to talk about animes?

FSUM are rude
just 3 days ago i shouted at the tenant for not paying his electric bill, and told him will personally chuck him out the house

FSUM are not romantic
my idea of romance is ben and jerrys, order a pizza, duvet, watch a horror, and have sex half way through the movie, spending the remaining 5 minutes of the movie baffled as hell on what the plot is
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline Larry1

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2016, 02:25:53 PM »
Some things are not the best quality at Wal-mart.  As an example, we purchased sugar and flour there.  I don't use sugar, but the better half likes it in porridge.  He said it was "different", not as good.  I had a bag of flour from another store, and mixed it with the Wal-mart flour.  The Wal-mart flour was greyish, not white, like in the other bag.  We tried twice, thinking it was a one off, but same result. 

Food products at Costco tend to be of very high quality, it is something they demand of suppliers.  Their Kirkland brands are usually excellent.

I usually buy from Walmart food products like Busch's canned beans, smucker's peanut butter, spices, and certain cheeses. I buy meats and vegetables elsewhere.

When I was married we had a costco membership. I loved their products. But since becoming single I can't buy meat and fish in the quantities that would make it worthwhile to buy them there. I could get a big pack of steaks and put most of them in the freezer but I'm never very happy with them after I thaw them and cook them.

Offline cc3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2016, 07:42:05 PM »

Smart people shop at Costco; 'People of Walmart' shop at Walmart!

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Offline ML

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2016, 08:53:05 PM »
Smart people shop at Costco; 'People of Walmart' shop at Walmart!

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Hey . . . maybe I am in some of those pictures.

Any royalties paid ?

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2016, 09:03:17 PM »
Hey . . . maybe I am in some of those pictures.

Any royalties paid?

Only if you gave permission for your photo to be used.  Otherwise, you're just "generic crowd face 465453727267."  :(

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2016, 02:49:47 PM »
I despise Wal-Mart and will avoid it like the plague if I can. Unfortunately in small town America that is difficult to do.  Most of the crap for merchandise is from China. Much of the food and produce is also imports. There some things I will buy there and somethings I won't under any circumstance and will opt to drive a great distance to buy it elsewhere. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701