It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Pursuing FSUW 101. The procedures and the dating websites.  (Read 194418 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Pursuing FSUW 101. The procedures and the dating websites.
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2017, 07:05:36 PM »
NOTE: I am using the word Skype generically instead of messenger
or webcam chat etc. 

If you plan on meeting more than one girl then don't Skype at all
until after you meet. All you want is an introduction letter, answer
a couple questions and get a meeting.

If you are going to meet one girl then Skype (or other messenger)
is a great tool, it's a force multiplier. You can read a girls eyes when
you are talking to her. If she seems bored then you are chasing the
wrong girl. You want an interested girl. You could never determine
this exchanging letters.

A girl can say anything in a letter true or false. Most girls aren't
very good saying false things in another language, it will usually
show on their face. 80% of communication is nonverbal. Think
about that for a minute. What they say is less important than
how they say it. Why would anyone throw away 80% of
communication out the window?

I think, I know the answer. If you aren't using it, it's because
you don't have the confidence in your ability to banter, make
small talk etc*. It's a learned trait. You can spend 5 minutes
crafting a sentence to answer a question, but you pretty much
have to do it on the spot during a messenger type call.

*Bantering 101: How to talk to pretty girls
(Without puking on your shoes). 
1. Always have a small 30-60 second conversation figured out
ahead of time. Example: I saw your profile, liked your smile
and thought I better get hold of this girl before everybody
else does. Yada, yada.

2. Always have some prepared questions. Do you want kids?
What things do you like to do in your spare time?
How do I know you won't try to make me eat holodetz?
blah, blah, blah etc. 

3. Limit the conversation to so many minutes. Decide if you
want to see this girl on Skype again or not.

4. If you want to see her again, tell her you have to go but
that you want to see her again and nail down a time and
date. Get her phone number if something comes up. Send
her an SMS telling her you liked her voice/accent/eyes/cute
personality/bubbly laugh etc (don't say tits on the first call
even if they are truly spectacular)

5. If you run into a brain fart or can't think of something to
say then turn it around immediately. Say something like
"You are so pretty, that I totally forgot what I was going
to say." "You make me feel like a schoolboy again" How is
it possible that you aren't married?!? are all the men in
your city blind? etc.

You can also unplug the mike or the camera. Then fumble
around hooking it back up. Then ask what were we talking
about? Oh yes, I remember we were talking about how loud
you are during sex and how thick the walls need to be.

Those will get you a shy smile 95% of the time and you've
turned it completely around from a negative to a positive.

80% of the girls I Skyped with, I did only once. I decided
it wasn't worth my time to continue. I was only interested
in an exceptional girl, so all the so-so girls got sent to find
their love interest elsewhere. One mans coal is another
mans diamond. Lather, rinse and repeat. Don't hang on
to a girl just because she is hot!!!

Never compromise on character.

You will get better and better at this with practice.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline gaspar227

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2017, 04:34:36 PM »
I just wanted to give my 2 cents on dating websites I tried. 

In November 2017 I joined this forum and immediately joined 3 websites.  Cuteonly.com, Ukrainedate.com and DMNotify. All of these are modeled after USA websites, sort of like match.com.  The prices are relatively similar, about $20-$30 a month.

I'd like to take a couple minutes to describe my experiences with each.  My search criteria was very selective at first, 25-35 non smokers less than 140 lbs.  I figure try to see women that in USA are extremely elusive just to compare.  Every woman I mention below fit well within this criterion.  Maybe i'm reaching but for the fist 6 months why not. 

1. Cuteonly:  I only joined this because of their add on here.  When I clicked it there was a 3 for 1 special or something so the price was very reasonable a month (I believe it was more like $45 for 3 months).  This site as access to many former CCCP countries.  The UI is pretty good, easy to search.  The chat leaves much to be desired IMO, but that's actually a plus because many women seem eager to get off of site and viber/whatsapp.
Many of the photos here are very high quality.  The women I have met are extremely nice and most are genuine.  The only downside for me was the chat.  In the 1.5 months, and being extremely selective, I had ongoing communication with 3 very beautiful women.  The only reason I stopped was that I found someone I enjoyed more and suspended my account.

I would rate this site an 8 out of 10 and would definitely recommend and will renew if I need to

Ukrainedate:  This site is all about Ukraine.  It has a great search, it definitely has a nice UI.  There is only one problem.  It seems like the girls here see a lot of traffic.  They are not as quick to reply, and they seem more hesitant, also there are a LOT of fake accounts, people that are there or a very short time asking for your email so that you can communicate without being a member.  I have also seen very attractive girls that I began conversations with suddenly drop their picture and say it's because they have too many messages. 

This seems uncannily similar to a match.com.  I found out about this website from a website that was recommending this for 'hook ups' so I think that the girls are real, or at least a % of them, but that they see a lot of traffic and have had some bad experiences with foreign men.  Also there is a high response rate of particularly attractive women from Donetsk I noticed, which kind of makes me think that there are other scams I just avoided because I refused to engage in email correspondents when all the signs of a scam were there.

I would say this is a very fun site, I like the fact that there's a dedicated app, not just a html site.  There are a ton of really attractive women, but the scam factor and burn-out from the women meant that overall my success rate was low with getting actual connections.  On this site I had at least 10 decent chats with very attractive women, 80% of them eventually made an excuse and tried to turn this to email.   I had 2 try to get me to go to another website (ppl/pp video).  Another woman I decided to stop and another stopped talking to me from Viber.  I still had fun here, but to me it's a lot more work than the others and much more what I would expect from a USA website.  This is part of the 'cupid' sites.  As with Cuteonly I suspended my account because of a relationship i found on another site.

Overall this was a 6 out of 10 for me.  Entertaining, and I can see with more time and energy finding some gems here, but overall the amount of garbage to sort through just makes it frustrating if you actually want to find a woman.  I will not renew. 

DMNotify -- everyone said this was the best site.  I agree.  I had 3 fairly long and successful  Viber/Whatsapp correspondences.  The one from Nakhodka was the first, she was amazingly beautiful, but this was my first interactions with Russian women on Whattsapp.  There were so many things that just were so foreign for me that I think I blew it just out of simple mistakes and overthinking.  The second was an absolute stunner, but things were fairly slow, and unfortunately were outpaced by the last woman, which I'm hoping to visit in about a month.  Overall this site has the worst interface, the worst search tools, the least amount of overall information as far as the search goes, but there are lots of other things that make it unique. 

The most telling thing about this site came when I decided to do a search for men out of curiosity.  And if you search for men, you see why this is the best site.  The competition is very small, especially for USA men (something like less than 100 or so within 5 years of my age).  A few good pictures, and some general knowledge of how to talk to women, and the ratios are so far in your favor.  Also, the chat you can send extra pictures, you can actually use it a like a viber almost, so it's worth it.  I was a gold member (again suspended now) but if you close your account, you lose your membership, whereas other sites maintain it.  That was the only bummer.   The other bells and whistles (personality test etc) are just fun, I didn't see any real value in them (all the women were almost exactly the same LOL..and I was basically opposite). 

I would give this a 10/10 stars.  I think I could visit a new woman from this site every 2-3 months if I had the resources.  The UI is the worst, but once you get past the clunkiness, the guts are the best.  I will definitely get a new account here and possibly try platinum status if I look further. 

** note ** I also got a free account at Elena's models, but their membership costs was very high.  I will say that the women that filled my inbox (that I could not reply to) were not as interesting as with cuteonly or dmnotify.  If this woman I'm with falls through, I may try this site as it is the most polished and would be fun to now compare.

Overall I spent like $200 for 3 months of membership.  About the cost of 2 dates in USA and have been very entertained, learned a lot and think it well worth it to try a couple approaches/websites if you go this route. 

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2017, 10:10:01 PM »
dmnotify web site is registered to Irina Grebneva.  She is also associated with DM PLANET LLP and according to this post, many other sites:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32125
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:20:49 PM by JohnDearGreen »

Offline ML

Great Analysis: Pursuing FSUW 101. The procedures and the dating websites.
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2017, 10:36:38 PM »
I just wanted to give my 2 cents on dating websites I tried. 

In November 2017 I joined this forum and immediately joined 3 websites.  Cuteonly.com, Ukrainedate.com and DMNotify. All of these are modeled after USA websites, sort of like match.com.  The prices are relatively similar, about $20-$30 a month.

I'd like to take a couple minutes to describe my experiences with each. 

Very excellent posting Gaspar; thanks a lot for it.

This is exactly the type of info that those in the hunt should be sharing.
Very specific analysis rather than just wild statements that some make about a site being great or terrible.

Thanks again.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2017, 11:22:42 PM »
dmnotify web site is registered to Irina Grebneva.  She is also associated with DM PLANET LLP and according to this post, many other sites:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32125

I often recommend DMNotify to friends of SC seeking a western man and guys seeking FSU W...   I would NEVER recommend a scam site

Have YOU had a bad experience with DMNotify or an associated site...is this your review ?

Offline JohnDearGreen

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2017, 12:00:00 AM »
I am not Mr. "Foxy".   I simply implied she is one of the major players in the industry.   These sites appear to be registered or operated by her and her partner Nikolay, or their affiliated partners:
   RussianBridesAgency.com
   datingandmatchmaking.com
   allsinglerussiangirls.com
   www.rus-women.com
   7brides.ru

They will even let one of us build yet another affiliate web site with her help:
http://www.owndating.ru/

Blog entry even gives interesting ways to increase your web site income:
http://affiliater.ru/2016/05/
http://affiliater.ru/2015/04/    (click on the "6 comments", Payment to ladies?)

They list one of their goals is to be "rich and honest".   Not necessary to be
poor to be honest...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 11:36:13 AM by JohnDearGreen »

Offline msmob

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2017, 01:20:26 AM »
I am not Mr. "Foxy".   I simply implied she is one of the major players in the industry.   

I apologise... my mistake ..

I thought your posting info from  site called 'romancescam'- discussing dmnotify and it's common database of sites implied a recommendation ...

Offline JohnDearGreen

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »
Unfortunately, one bad affiliate can affect the reputation of multiple sites, as they probably share one common database of ladies.  As the blog mentioned, there was one instance of fake ladies being added, which was discovered and eliminated.   For those who like free sites, click on the link discussing payment to some ladies for being on the free web sites.

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2018, 03:32:06 PM »
I've been trying to set up a few contacts to while getting ready for a trip next month, I read Gaspar's review and took his advice. Joined Cuteonly, DMNotify, and FDating. Of all 3 I get the most hits on F-Dating, with quite a few so far going off site onto Viber/Whatsapp and Skype and still going with a few of them.

Followed by DMNotify, I will get a lot of first responses but not a whole lot of response after that. The ones that I'm speaking to also only seem to get on-site once or twice a week.

Followed by Cuteonly. I think I've only gotten like 3 or 4 responses but they mostly died out after that.

What has everyone elses experiences been? F-dating I think has been best for me since I'm 27. There's been several women there exclaim that I'm the first person in a week that was under 50 and not Turkish to have contacted them lol. Maybe it's just down to the Demographics each site targets? The funniest initial response is the following -

"Анна: It's good luck for me to meet one trustful and fair person at least! I'm so freakin annoyed of men of my father's age who want dono what and turkish/arabic sex tourists whose options are goat or russian whore. Was considering of deleting my account."

Yeah that's one I'm still talking to she's pretty hilarious.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:44:07 PM by IvanM07 »

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2018, 04:03:03 PM »
IvanM07,

tell us more about yourself, the more we know about you, the easier it is to offer "sage" advice...
how much time can you get away from your regular life to devote to this...
past marriages, children, similar kinds of issues...

one piece of advice that absolutely will not fail you no matter your circumstances
learn as much Russian as you can...

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2018, 04:13:18 PM »
IvanM07,

da da da

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2018, 04:14:55 PM »
IvanM07,

tell us more about yourself, the more we know about you, the easier it is to offer "sage" advice...
how much time can you get away from your regular life to devote to this...
past marriages, children, similar kinds of issues...

one piece of advice that absolutely will not fail you no matter your circumstances

Krimster,

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm 27, 6'3, 220lbs, though I'm shooting to be back to 200 before I fly over next month. It's been a lazy Winter here.

No past marriages, no kids I'm aware of, no criminal record, currently learning Cyrllic still. I downloaded about 30GB of Pimsleur, Rosetta Stone, and a few other items for learning Russian. I had initially downloaded all Ukrainian learning materials but learned that pretty much everyone in that part of the world Speaks Russian.

I purchased one of those auto earbud/Smartphone translators. Cant say for Russian but for Spanish it works perfectly well 95% of the time aside from a sometimes wonky translation.

I think initially I was looking to spend 11-14 days over there. The flight to Kyiv will be free just from AA Points which makes it nice.

Realistically I can spend as much time as I need over there and work remotely. I work from a PC although the hours would be very strange I could make it work.

Online krimster2

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2018, 04:44:37 PM »
well IvanM07,
   your purchases certainly demonstrate a commitment to your success!
however, let a veteran offer some practical advice!

Russian grammar will be time consuming to learn, it’s kinda like French with those gender rules, but lacking the grace of French

I’d recommend not depending on technical crutches and just go full immersion, but with some preparation...

for example, I recommend learning simple phrases, like the following:

I want to buy      ya hachoo kopeet

you can make a list of simple phrases you might attach some importance to in English
go to google translate and translate them in Russian and then click on a button and hear their pronunciation, then MEMORIZE it. 

once you do that you can learn some nouns, like beer is "piva", so if you want to buy a beer you say "ya hachoo kopeet piva".  simple, even an American like me can do this!!!

I’d go for the usual what where who why how phrases and then learn as many nouns/verbs as you can

this is how I started, it allowed me to have a 20 minute conversation with a tiny, frail little old man I met at Victory Day, who was a veteran of Stalingrad, at the end of the conversation he embraced me like I was his own son, you don’t get many chances to have an experience like that, and you have to speak Russian to do so...

the sabbatical idea is a good idea!  you can get high speed internet very cheaply in Kyiv
I spent 6 months in Kyiv doing this in 1996, hardly any foreigners there then...

I think you are the youngest I've seen doing this, you have a lot of potential to just play around there if you wanted to, are you sure you want to settle down so early in the game?

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2018, 06:17:07 PM »

What has everyone elses experiences been? F-dating I think has been best for me since I'm 27. There's been several women there exclaim that I'm the first person in a week that was under 50 and not Turkish to have contacted them lol. Maybe it's just down to the Demographics each site targets? The funniest initial response is the following -

I've only used Fdating and talked to older women 35-44. They had similar experiences to the girl you talked to as far as Arabs and Turks. They didn't have many men message them and those that did they generally described as sick men. When I started chatting to them, they commented that it was nice to talk to a "normal" man. I got the feeling that if you have a job, house, are family orientated and chat in a respectful manor, you have a big advantage over most other men on  there

I don't have anything to compare to, but I got a good response rate, actually most replied to my opening message. This may have something to do with the age of the woman.  Like you probably a third died out quickly.  I think being from Australia helped. Our wild life, beaches and climate was of great interest to most of the women, that and the fact that I have custody and are the primary carer of my children, which they were amazed about.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:29:35 PM by Davo2 »

Online krimster2

« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2018, 06:26:55 PM »
a trivial conversation about a serious subject!

guys...
when you’re just starting out...

make sure you completely remove ALL and I mean ALL facial hair around your lips!
why?
because some of you will have “stubble" that can easily irritate a woman’s sensitive skin after prolonged contact...
doing so will be considered a major faux paux on your part!

Online krimster2

« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »
BTW IvanM07,

I’m going to make an assumption that you are an earnest young Caucasian gentleman that is according to your own description 6‘3“ and can hopefully get your weight down to 200...

if you are of at least average, but hopefully above average facial looks, then let me tell you a story...

once upon a time I was in the McDonald’s in Kyiv waiting in line, in walked 2 USA marines in their civilian clothes, we flipped signs and exchanged greetings, there must have been over 100 people in there it was packed, but you could have heard a pin drop, 2 young twenty something all-American clean-cut guys built like linebackers, every woman in the place was drooling over them, I have never in my entire life seen anything like it! 

it’s because almost all western men in Ukraine are usually much older!!!

if you are even remotely close to being a young, white, “alpha” male, then MY MAN!!!
you are going to have it made!!!!

instead of actually working at finding sex, you are going to have to do the opposite!

OMG, do you realize your worth over there?
I don’t think you do...

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2018, 09:28:36 PM »
the sabbatical idea is a good idea!  you can get high speed internet very cheaply in Kyiv
I spent 6 months in Kyiv doing this in 1996, hardly any foreigners there then...

I think you are the youngest I've seen doing this, you have a lot of potential to just play around there if you wanted to, are you sure you want to settle down so early in the game?

Haha, I've had my fun. Up until 3 months ago never thought about settling down or having kids. I don't know why or what changed, I just decided that's what I wanted now. Once I decide on something I tend to stick to that path barring some unforeseen circumstance :D

BTW IvanM07,

I’m going to make an assumption that you are an earnest young Caucasian gentleman that is according to your own description 6‘3“ and can hopefully get your weight down to 200...

if you are of at least average, but hopefully above average facial looks, then let me tell you a story...

once upon a time I was in the McDonald’s in Kyiv waiting in line, in walked 2 USA marines in their civilian clothes, we flipped signs and exchanged greetings, there must have been over 100 people in there it was packed, but you could have heard a pin drop, 2 young twenty something all-American clean-cut guys built like linebackers, every woman in the place was drooling over them, I have never in my entire life seen anything like it! 

it’s because almost all western men in Ukraine are usually much older!!!

if you are even remotely close to being a young, white, “alpha” male, then MY MAN!!!
you are going to have it made!!!!

instead of actually working at finding sex, you are going to have to do the opposite!

OMG, do you realize your worth over there?
I don’t think you do...

Haha well That's an ego boost for sure! I'll attach a pic of me and let y'all draw your own conclusions, I'd say I'm average. Pale as heck, but average.

Online krimster2

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2018, 09:52:27 PM »
IvanM07,
   why did you send me a picture of Brad Pit, isn't that who that is? 8)

you will do just fine, I would stop a little and reflect on your choice to settle down at an early age...
you have a lot of freedom now that you will definitely NOT have AFTER you settle down...
this is a time to have adventure and experience as much of life as you can, before you get all the big responsibility of being a husband and father...
if you choose to give that up for a family now, you will never have that part of your life later...

you could wait 10 years and you would still have plenty of time for starting a family.
and meanwhile you could have a total blast over there, and live a life that would be beyond what most could even dream of...

also, be careful of "first woman you meet" syndrome, don't get fixated too early
if you went there to stay for awhile, it would be trivially easy for you meet super gorgeous women wherever you go in Kyiv, banks, stores, shopping, etc.
my guess is that if you learned enough basic Russian that you'd get about a 50% success rate on asking out these random women to lunch, etc...

also, 3 date rule...
if sparks ain't flyin by the third date, then they probably ain't gonna fly, and time to move on...

see my post about taking your GF to the sauna, this is definitely 3rd date material when you go together...

clean socks, bring lots of clean socks, best to have new shoes
why? Russians always take off shoes when entering a private residence, how very Japanese!!

find out what makes your GF laugh, and always do that
find her inner most fantasy and give it to her s-l-o-w-l-y

watch a lot of Russian and Ukrainian MTV!!!

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2018, 10:29:43 PM »
Krimster,

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm 27, 6'3, 220lbs, though I'm shooting to be back to 200 before I fly over next month. It's been a lazy Winter here.

No past marriages, no kids I'm aware of, no criminal record, currently learning Cyrllic still. I downloaded about 30GB of Pimsleur, Rosetta Stone, and a few other items for learning Russian. I had initially downloaded all Ukrainian learning materials but learned that pretty much everyone in that part of the world Speaks Russian.

I purchased one of those auto earbud/Smartphone translators. Cant say for Russian but for Spanish it works perfectly well 95% of the time aside from a sometimes wonky translation.

I think initially I was looking to spend 11-14 days over there. The flight to Kyiv will be free just from AA Points which makes it nice.

Realistically I can spend as much time as I need over there and work remotely. I work from a PC although the hours would be very strange I could make it work.

IvanM07 if you can spend significant amounts of time in a country looking for a wife get an educational visa which will entitle you to an extended stay and learn the local language from a local university.

In Moscow, Moscow State University offers Russian language courses of varying lengths year round, or at least they did a decade ago. The courses are taught by professionals and the students are from all over the world. Your future wife could end up being from Germany, Sweden or any number of countries in addition to Russia.

Online krimster2

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2018, 11:26:10 PM »
off the top of my head I know of two medical schools, one in Russia and one in Ukraine that teach in English and are internationally recognized
I bet 5 minutes on Google would find more
for the price of a Honda, get a Medical degree while being surrounded by nubile young college students...
damn you could probably even make a YouTube video about your life style...

you know there's gotta be someone already doing this, "but them's that knows, don't says..."
if you're out there, let us know you're here, is it as good as I think it is???

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2018, 10:59:48 AM »
IvanM07,
   why did you send me a picture of Brad Pit, isn't that who that is? 8)

you will do just fine, I would stop a little and reflect on your choice to settle down at an early age...
you have a lot of freedom now that you will definitely NOT have AFTER you settle down...
this is a time to have adventure and experience as much of life as you can, before you get all the big responsibility of being a husband and father...
if you choose to give that up for a family now, you will never have that part of your life later...

also, 3 date rule...
if sparks ain't flyin by the third date, then they probably ain't gonna fly, and time to move on...

see my post about taking your GF to the sauna, this is definitely 3rd date material when you go together...

clean socks, bring lots of clean socks, best to have new shoes
why? Russians always take off shoes when entering a private residence, how very Japanese!!

find out what makes your GF laugh, and always do that
find her inner most fantasy and give it to her s-l-o-w-l-y

watch a lot of Russian and Ukrainian MTV!!!

Haha on the Brad Pitt thing, Never been given that compliment before but I'll take it!

This is all great info to know, I suppose I still have plenty of time to figure out if someone I meet over there I do want to marry, at the very least it would be 5 or 6 trips plus a year or so for a K1 so it gives me plenty of time to reflect and make sure it's what I want.

I've read some trip reports where people seem to take their dates out and they're wearing a suit. Is that normal? I'm pretty informal and hate suits. After my folks wedding 5 minutes after the ceremony I was back in a collared shirt and Jeans at the reception lol.

I may need to make a separate thread called "Ivan's Faux Pas and Folleys" my First "error in translation" I guess you could say.

To start off, asking if a girl would like to meet for a date is the same in Ukraine as it is in America, right?

For whatever reason this girl I'd been talking to on DMnotify and later whatsapp thought I was propositioning her for a weekend at a hotel when I clearly said Date and mentioned some things around town I thought would be interesting (Park, freedom square, parasailing) and later dinner.

I've started getting better results on DMNotify after I stopped looking too deep into the personality compatibility and just playing the numbers game and sending a message to everyone that seemed interesting.

So far the most interesting is one girl Who is a Java Developer (We're both IT Nerds I guess)

IvanM07 if you can spend significant amounts of time in a country looking for a wife get an educational visa which will entitle you to an extended stay and learn the local language from a local university.

In Moscow, Moscow State University offers Russian language courses of varying lengths year round, or at least they did a decade ago. The courses are taught by professionals and the students are from all over the world. Your future wife could end up being from Germany, Sweden or any number of countries in addition to Russia.

I could stay for an extended period but probably not much more than a month at a time without having to return to my office, and attend some worthless progress meetings that could be covered in a paragraph email.

The job allows some remote ability but not total remote ability unfortunately :/

Offline alex330

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »
I've read some trip reports where people seem to take their dates out and they're wearing a suit. Is that normal? I'm pretty informal and hate suits.

Nah, at your age that's not normal man. Pass on that one.

To start off, asking if a girl would like to meet for a date is the same in Ukraine as it is in America, right?

Pretty much the same as far as I am aware. Just ask them out for lunch or dinner so there is no confusion.

So far the most interesting is one girl Who is a Java Developer (We're both IT Nerds I guess)

Would make it easier for her to get a decent job here once she lands.

Online krimster2

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2018, 02:45:32 PM »
suit would only be for some special occasion...

otherwise dress in general just a notch above how you would dress in the US
popular colors for guys over there are black and gray, if you stray too far from this you will stand out...
I had a silver dollar belt buckle the ladies there all fancied, and I let them hold my old dog tags, so stuff like this can be cool...
get a couple of high thread-count silk shirts, some in solids and some in prints

if you're planning on some 5 star locations
then a good sports jacket in a conservative color with a dress shirt and a tie any color but black...

remember the socks/shoes issue..
look for concealable wallets that you can conceal on your person and make this part of your wardrobe and get used to carrying this

if you're in kyiv in the winter don't walk directly on the sidewalk below tall buildings!

every year, large icicles fall from these buildings, sometimes with fatal results

DO NOT go swimming in the Dnipro, but you can hang on the beach

bring a metal detector

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2018, 03:51:53 PM »
I have a question of the strategy that ML states on the op of this thread of contacting 800-1000 women and whittling it down. I know BillyB has suggested similar as well.

In this age of apps I find a lot of women, some even after the first message suggest moving over onto WhatsApp, Viber or Skype. Should I do so and continue my message filter process there or just refuse and continue to message on the dating site?

If I accept it equates to a load more work connecting to them all and then I find some want an instant message situation where I would be stuck messaging back and forth with just that one which could take half an hour or more - also possibly messing up my messaging order also.

On other hand if I knock them back while it's more convenient to handle it all one one site I'm bound to lose a fair few on refusing to move to the App. Some of the girls are very adamant in their wish to move thinges to the app and we know how refusing a FSW goes, lol.

My only other option is to ask them all of my filter questions up front on the first email and hope they reply with all or near enough all questions answered. Then once I sift & sort based on their responses I don't mind moving onto an App with them. I have ten filter questions - did not purposely decide on ten it just reached that number. So I don't know if too many for first message or perhaps preferable for them that it all comes up front for them.

Any thoughts?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2018, 08:32:23 PM »
1/ The number is too high and impossible to control / remember all the ladies and what you discussed, previously

2/ FSU ladies will be 'filtering' you as fast ...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1950
Total: 1961

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM