It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Just signed up on freeukrainianwomen.com - BOMBARDED with messages r they legit?  (Read 39199 times)

Offline wrf101

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Hi all I am new here! I've been to Ukraine twice but that was 9 years ago. Both trips I found a good girl and on the 2nd trip I found a couple scammers as well :(

Anyhow, figured I'd try Ukraine again as I'm now 41 and the dating scene in Utah is not that great - many of the women are divorced with 3 kids and emotional wrecks. I'm oversimplifying of course, but you know how it goes...

So per recommendations on this site I signed up to freeukrainianwomen.com. Probably spent 5 hours on it doing searches and also putting up a good profile with lots of interesting pics of me doing interesting stuff. I'm moderately attractive, in good shape, good job, and I'm pretty good with putting up a good online dating profile. But I am overwhelmed by 20 flirts and another 7-8 letters in 5 hours. I'm sure at this point another 10 have dropped in my inbox.

This may sound like bragging, but actually I'm a bit concerned as to how many of these might be scammers just waiting to pounce on the new guy? Has anyone else had experience with this PARTICULAR site, who could tell me how many of these might actually be legit? Is this just because I'm new, or are women really this desperate to find a decent guy and get the hell out of Ukraine?!? A lot of the girls who sent me flirts were ones I favorited first, and I was picking girls from towns other than the big ones like Kiev and Odessa.

Thanks for any input or tips for this specific site.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:46:36 AM by wrf101 »

Offline TagUrIt898

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
First welcome to the forum. Not all sites are created equal when it comes to finding an FSUW.  Any site or emails that seem to good to be true usually are. I met my fiancé on LuckyLovers, but even that site has it's scammers.  Be smart with your search. Ask questions and don't fall for B.S. because of a pretty face. There are site recommendations, here on the forum. The one that's pretty honest is Elenas Models, you can post a profile for free, but you'll have to pay if you want to make contact.  Please avoid the pay by letter sites, they're almost always a scam. Another site that's completely free and not so bad, is Fdating.com.

Do your homework and read the posts here. Lots of good info on what to do and more importantly what NOT to do.

Tag

Offline wrf101

Cool, thanks Tag!

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
I have never used that website.  But I have used similar websites.

My dad always used to tell me that if you throw a bare hook in the water you ain't a gonna catch no fish.  He then showed me what happened when I put a big fat juicy worm on the hook.   Lots of fish would come to take a bite out of it.

Those who know the routine fairly well will tell you that a new profile gets tons of interest, while an older profile only gets interest from those that can't find anyone new.  Similarly guys looking for women will always go after the new women.

It sounds to me, by your description, that you have put enough information out there (a big fat juicy worm on a hook) to tweak the interest of quite a number of ladies who are looking.

Remember, never send money to anyone prior to meeting them.  Do not promise vacations or big gifts when going to meet someone.

It is better to gain some type of confirmation that the person is real by a VK account (with friend interaction) than to go in blind.  Scammers are really good at create false personalities and profiles, so keep your radar up.

In all things, good luck.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline wrf101

Ok, thanks Jone. What's a VK account?

Offline rogerrab

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
It is the same site as Ukrainiangirlsdating, dmlogin,com, etc. etc.  They must have 30 different urls.  The site is legit.  You can pay $120 for an entire year.  I get email there all the time, I just don't have a chance to check it.  There are scammers, beware.   The PPL scam is having major issues this year.  So women are going out on their own at the honest sites.  So be careful!  Skype chat with your lady as soon as you can and if she can't give you home address, phone number, viber, whatsapp, etc.  just drop her. 

There are a few demons out there that are try to prodate at these sites.  They are very hard to spot.  So trust your feelings.  If you feel you are being asked to buy something, if they are secretive about their social networking presence, you have to watch for signs.  Make her talk about herself and her life, listen for clues. 

I had a friend who used bridesandlovers.  He was going to meet his lady in Italy.  Unfortunately, for his scammer, she let him pay for the plane tickets.  He arrived in Italy only to be greeted by her and her. . .Uncle.  Of course, that was her boyfriend.  They were arranging a post trip, visa scam.  The "Uncle" claimed he gave the lady money for the visa to Italy.   Well, he agreed to pay.  But he needed to consult with his bank the next morning.  Over night, while she slept, he cancelled her flight and hotel room.  He took her to see her "Uncle" the next morning, but somehow lost track of her.   Then he headed back to the hotel, made final payments and took the next flight out to London.

This looks how things will evolve.  It is getting dangerous. 
"Do not give what precious unto dogs.  Neither should you cast your pearls before the swine.  Lest they trample them, turn again, and rend you."

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Anyhow, figured I'd try Ukraine again as I'm now 41 and the dating scene in Utah is not that great - many of the women are divorced with 3 kids and emotional wrecks. I'm oversimplifying of course, but you know how it goes...

I live in the Bakken oil fields and even the toothless, drug addicted crones
with facial hair have a gaggle of boyfriends competing for their attention.

A lot of the girls who sent me flirts were ones I favorited first, and I was picking girls from towns other than the big ones like Kiev and Odessa.

Thanks for any input or tips for this specific site.

The site appears to be a pay by the month site rather than a pay
by the letter or minute of chat site, which is good. You can find
bad/fake girls anywhere so always use your head.

What's your theory on flirt/favorited ? In my mind you or them
are either interested in each other or not. As far as I can see there 
isn't an additional cost of sending them a letter so why not send them
an introduction letter rather than a flirt/favorite?

If you are planning to visit just one girl my recommendation is to put
together a list of what you are seeking and then do a search and write a
letter to every girl in the database who meets your criteria. You won't be
writing anyone but girls that you are attracted to ages say 28-35.

Then you sift through your responses until you find the best one to
visit. If your plan is to visit one MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP PLAN!!!

If you plan to visit many then I recommend that you pick a city and
two weeks before you get on a plane you write the same database of
girls in that city and ask them if they would like to meet you for tea or
coffee. I wouldn't write more than one or two letters in a visit many
campaign.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline jone

I live in the Bakken oil fields and even the toothless, drug addicted crones
with facial hair have a gaggle of boyfriends competing for their attention.

Bill

Bill, stop bringing up your old girlfriend.  Besides, I have it on good authority that she had one tooth. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline wrf101

Hey guys thanks for your wealth of insights!

I don't send flirts it's a waste. I marked a bunch of favorites so I'd know who to come back to and write later.

One question I have is I hear there are a lot less 'serious' girls in Kiev. I've been to Kiev twice and each time I met a girl there, but one traveled from Krivoy Rog to meet me, and the other traveled from Poltava! I met a lot of nice girls in Kiev but they seemed to be either a lot more picky or not serious, or wanting me to buy them things at the local store. Actually two girls in Kiev seemed to genuinely be interested in me, but also wanted expensive dinners and presents, so I'm not sure if they were genuine or just wanted a nice time. I probably only spent $200 in gifts on my trip, but if I went again, I don't think I'd buy any girl a gift until she was my girlfriend. Also, this was 9 years ago, so I'm wondering how the dating/marriage landscape has changed in Kiev.

For those of you have been to Kiev in the last 2-3 years, have you actually met any really good girls there that were serious about finding a foreign husband? I would avoid Kiev altogether but I'm getting a lot of requests from girls in Kiev that are open to Skype video chat (and they're gorgeous) so I dunno maybe give Kiev girls a chance?!

Also has anyone heard of the agency cinderella1.com in Poltava and any comments good or bad about them? Their owners are American and seem legit.

Cheers!

Offline rogerrab

I don't send flirts it's a waste. I marked a bunch of favorites so I'd know who to come back to and write later.

One question I have is I hear there are a lot less 'serious' girls in Kiev. I've been to Kiev twice and each time I met a girl there, but one traveled from Krivoy Rog to meet me, and the other traveled from Poltava! I met a lot of nice girls in Kiev but they seemed to be either a lot more picky or not serious, or wanting me to buy them things at the local store. Actually two girls in Kiev seemed to genuinely be interested in me, but also wanted expensive dinners and presents, so I'm not sure if they were genuine or just wanted a nice time. I probably only spent $200 in gifts on my trip, but if I went again, I don't think I'd buy any girl a gift until she was my girlfriend. Also, this was 9 years ago, so I'm wondering how the dating/marriage landscape has changed in Kiev.

For those of you have been to Kiev in the last 2-3 years, have you actually met any really good girls there that were serious about finding a foreign husband? I would avoid Kiev altogether but I'm getting a lot of requests from girls in Kiev that are open to Skype video chat (and they're gorgeous) so I dunno maybe give Kiev girls a chance?!

Also has anyone heard of the agency cinderella1.com in Poltava and any comments good or bad about them? Their owners are American and seem legit.

Cheers!

Well, I can only speak from my experience.  I met one classy, beautiful, almost perfect ten lady there.  We dated for awhile and became intimate.  It did not work out.  I see her everytime I go back to Kiev.  I know I need to stop that.

But anyway, I met another lady just last year, who was just a scammer looking to get over.  I dumped her the same day we met. 

I have to say that I have a different sense about Kiev.  I actually believe it is among the more honest places to look for a wife.  The women are usually professionals.  They maybe picky but most have a real job.  I have friends who have met "real" women there who have "real" jobs.  One was actually quite wealthy and drove my friend around in her SUV for his entire visit.  Nikolaev, Odessa?  Those towns, on the other hand, have more sex workers, party girls, strippers, etc. who work in the system.

"Do not give what precious unto dogs.  Neither should you cast your pearls before the swine.  Lest they trample them, turn again, and rend you."

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
w101:  You have 2 basic choices.  You can search the site and find the 20 ladies that most appeal to you.
Then start emailing 1 or more until you reach your limit of 1 or more with continued interest...... or you can just wait for the first 20 to email you.   The best choice seems obvious, but that doesn't imply a lady can't be on both lists.

Offline TagUrIt898

I wouldn't discount Kiev or any other part of Ukraine. For example, my fiancé is from Zaporizhia.  A good-genuinely-interested in you for who you are and not for what you can get them girl, will not ask you to buy her anything. If you are talking to any girl that mentions shopping or expensive restaurants, you need to quickly drop her like a hot rock.  I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy her a nice gift or take her to a nice place to eat. You will have to determine who's worthy of these things.  FSUW do NOT like greedy men (cheap and stingy) but it doesn't mean you should try to buy her love either. It's a delicate balance, we can give you the information, but you're the one that has to put it into practice.

There are lots of quality FSUW out there from all of the regions. Do your homework and find a good one. Think with the right head and don't get fooled by the pretty.

Tag

Offline rogerrab

Cheers!

The site is garbage.  If you look, they also own a "review" site.  Where they trash a bunch of legitimate sites, promote another crap site and then talk about their own.  They are a PPL, by the way.  So they charge you by the letter and per minute for skype and phone calls. 

I discovered a lady there who was lying about her occupation and I posted pics of her with her boyfriend.  They claimed she was in "China" and had to wait for her return.  We have been "waiting" ever since.

The lady is a model, one of their big earners. 

http://vk.com/id120232647

Her occupation is supposed to be a "teacher".  Exactly what or who does she "teach"?  And of course as usual with every PPL site, you cannot talk to her on VK.  "Friends", only.  You have to stop pretending that Americans are not involved in the scam industry.  The corporate greed culture in America has it claws deep into the scam industry in Ukraine.  Anthony Volpe, the CMO for Social Discovery Ventures, just gave an interview in May about the scam infested crap site, AnastasiaDate.  Look it up.

It is absolutely ridiculous. 

If you are looking for an agency, I know of three;

marriagebynatali
dreamconnections
mordinson

There is a fourth, but me and my. . ."people" are in a heated discussion about it. 

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
If your plan is to visit one MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP PLAN!!!

You knew I would jump on this, Beel

If you are going on a Visit one, and you have done due diligence -the only back up plan you should have in mind is places to visit..if you screw up and where to start contacting new ladies - it is quite wrong to have a lady(ies) 'in waiting'... They aren't daft ..
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline BillyB

I've been to Ukraine... I found a couple scammers as well :(

I don't think so. ML and I do our work behind a computer.

I am overwhelmed by 20 flirts and another 7-8 letters in 5 hours.

Exercise caution. Rarely do women contact men at first. Even if the site you're using is a monthly subscription, they try to keep their customers interested and if they make you feel like a king, you'll likely stay at a place you're king. Contact the ladies you're interested in and quickly move to Skype and the phone. Use other sites too.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline KenInUtah

Where are you in Utah?  I'm in SLC

Offline wrf101

South Salt Lake City, Cottonwood Heights area. Lol! If you wanna do lunch I'm game :)

Offline jone

Exercise caution. Rarely do women contact men at first. Even if the site you're using is a monthly subscription, they try to keep their customers interested and if they make you feel like a king, you'll likely stay at a place you're king. Contact the ladies you're interested in and quickly move to Skype and the phone. Use other sites too.

Billy,

This is, apparently, not your week for posting.  I put up a nice profile on Elena's.  I received over 40 expressions of interest and letters in the first three days alone.  Many of the letters were from women that I was not interested in, but there were some that were true candidates.

As I said above, it is reflected by the profile you put up.  If you have lots of pictures, then women will seek you out.  I have not had my Elena's profile active for awhile.  I still receive regular expressions of interest and emails.  Originally I thought it was because they wanted to live in LA as I knew my ugly mug was nothing to write home about, but then I realized it was because I had taken care in how my profile appeared.  It was apparent that I was looking for a good woman and capable of having a family.

For those reading this, you might want to watch the Walter Mitty movie.  Early in the movie, Walter joins e-Harmony.  He gets no expressions of interest.  Later, after he has done all the things he does, women seek him out as desirable. 

Food for thought.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
w101:  Also, if you read the FSU women's forums, for a long time the ladies have been training each other to send out hundreds of emails to all the men on the sites,  in the same fashion a few of the men here have done in the past.

Offline BillyB

I received over 40 expressions of interest and letters in the first three days alone.  Many of the letters were from women that I was not interested in, but there were some that were true candidates.

Go to Mamba or any free site that doesn't make money off you. You will not get the same results. Paid sites do this. Even American dating sites that you pay into do this. It ain't rocket science that when a man gets no mail, he loses interest and goes somewhere else. Paid sites often send men mail to keep them interested and even when you stop paying, you get mail.

This is, apparently, not your week for posting.

Why? I'm not ashamed of putting out the truth. If you really believe 40 women every three days per site you're on got the hots for you, that's your business but it ain't reality.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jone

Billy, please read my post again.  I said the first thee days the profile was up there.  There is a great amount of activity when you first sign up.  Not every three days going forward.

I haven't been active on Elena's for awhile.  For the same reason you would not be.  I'm in a relationship.

Above you had commented that women don't seek out men.  My own experience leads me to believe that you're wrong.  I wrote to a couple of the women who contacted me.  They were legit.  The site didn't write the letters.  They did.  I had a nice profile, with nice pics and women contacted me.  No big deal. 

Tonight, in chat, we were sharing with one of the newbies some of the pics off Elena's.  I went into my old, inactive account, and there were 23 new letters there.   These were new letters of people who were looking for someone with my profile and found me interesting.  Most of them were even women.   :D

My profile says that I am in a relationship.  But I would not be surprised if these women were using ML's scattershot approach. 

While Elena's presents people to you, that fit your criteria, in regular emails, etc. (if you have an active profile) it does not generate the letters without the senders participation.

Offline wrf101

I beg to differ that women don't seek men out. I am on both paid and free sites in the U.S. I have done online dating for a long time and I really know how to put up a good profile. I have U.S. women write me all the time and say my profile is funny, interesting etc. If I am constantly logging into a site (or just keep the page open) then that puts me near the top of most search lists when women do searches (searches are often ordered by most recent activity). It's not uncommon for me to get 5-7 flirts a day on a single U.S. site (admittedly 85% are girls I wouldn't date, but 15% are pretty good-looking, in fact I usually don't write girls in the U.S. - I let them flirt with me, then I respond). I've just never had 50 my first day lol.

When I first started out with online sites in the U.S., I didn't receive nearly as much attention. So, it is a skill. Many guys don't get many hits because they don't know how to set up a really interesting profile that also comes across as sincere and genuine.

Anywho, just FYI I can get 3 dates a week here in Utah, most of whom are fairly attractive. The problem is they are 33-43 y.o. divorcees with 2-5 kids (large families in Utah) who don't want to have any more kids, and I've never had kids so I want to have some. Most are also picky and choosy as hell once the fantasy wears off and they see that I'm just a normal albeit decent, gainfully employed guy. Yeah I get decent U.S. girls as gf's every now and then but in Utah, where most people marry young and then have a lot of kids, the divorcees my age tend to be bitter, wounded, scared of being hurt again (all understandable) and then pull all this entitlement shit out because most of the guys in Utah treat women really, really well (sometimes too well IMHO) so they just take decency for granted, and many don't appreciate it at all. Not to mention 60% are at least somewhat overweight, which makes the attractive ones feel even more entitled since they're rarer and thus chased that much harder. So that's why I'm giving Ukraine another shot. I had a lot of fun in Kiev.

And just one other observation: there are girls in the Ukraine who aren't serious about marriage, but will let you take them to a fancy restaurant. Plenty of girls like that in the U.S.A. as well.

Glad I got that off my chest. Ha!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:26:12 AM by wrf101 »

Offline BillyB

My own experience leads me to believe that you're wrong. 

Get more experience. Go to Mamba.ru. There are more FSU women and active online women there than at any site. Set up the best profile you know how in any city of the world you want. At Mamba, you can see who's looking at your profile. Women rarely will search and view profiles and it's even rarer they write the man first.

People have said many good things about Elena's models and some got beat up for saying something bad about them. I've had guys PM me saying they've learned things aren't all cool there. I don't doubt they use the same techniques as American dating sites with recurring monthly memberships fees when they throw out a few teasing letters. Most men who come to this forum do not find an FSU wife. They come excited for a few days or weeks but fade away because it's not that easy to find women who are thrilled with them. If all they had to do is make a new high quality profile every few days to get 40 women writing them, they'd stay excited. Anybody else got 40 women writing them in a few days? Write back every woman who wrote you and see if they will send you a detailed personal letter second letter answering your every question.

Offline jone

Get more experience. Go to Mamba.ru. There are more FSU women and active online women there than at any site. Set up the best profile you know how in any city of the world you want. At Mamba, you can see who's looking at your profile. Women rarely will search and view profiles and it's even rarer they write the man first.

People have said many good things about Elena's models and some got beat up for saying something bad about them. I've had guys PM me saying they've learned things aren't all cool there. I don't doubt they use the same techniques as American dating sites with recurring monthly memberships fees when they throw out a few teasing letters. Most men who come to this forum do not find an FSU wife. They come excited for a few days or weeks but fade away because it's not that easy to find women who are thrilled with them. If all they had to do is make a new high quality profile every few days to get 40 women writing them, they'd stay excited. Anybody else got 40 women writing them in a few days? Write back every woman who wrote you and see if they will send you a detailed personal letter second letter answering your every question.

Why would I want more experience?  My quest was successful.   I'm telling what I experienced and you're telling me I'm wrong.  I'm telling you that Elena's doesn't write letters for their members.  You are trying to tell me that they do.

If we had Elena Petrova on here and she were responding, she'd tell you that you don't know what you're talking about with respect to her site.

I have no idea what Mamba.ru does.  I don't care.  I don't want to be a member there.  My experience is not with Mamba. 

I don't care what your opinion is of Elena's.  I don't care that you want to trash the site because someone says you're wrong.  My attempt was to tell a newbie what my experience was, not what yours was with Mamba.

Offline jone

VKontakte and Odnoklassniki
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 08:03:15 AM »
While many Russian and Ukrainian women use Facebook, the most popular social media site in Eastern Europe is VKontakte.  If it looks a lot like Facebook, that is because Pavel Durov, the founder, appropriated software from Facebook to start the company.  (Pavel was stripped of his company a couple of years ago by Kremlin machinations so that Russia had control over the content of the premier social website operating in the country.)

You can find it on www.vk.com

Sometimes you will hear of another social website operating in Eastern Europe.  It is www.Odnoklassniki.ru.  It translates, I think, into 'Classmates'.  It is not as popular as VK.  And none of my fiancee's friends use it.  I have not heard of any of the forum users having success interacting with women on Odnoklassniki.

Good luck on your search.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541335
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2419
Most Online Ever: 12701