It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The invasion is happening now  (Read 32702 times)

Offline cameraguymn

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The invasion is happening now
« on: February 23, 2022, 09:08:36 PM »
My friends east of Kherson are telling me they hear shelling and loud booming noises. It is predawn but there are many cars out and about more than usual activity. They say that relatives have called them that Kalanchak is in Russian hands. I'm searching the internet but nothing about this. They've been on whatsapp with me for the last hour pretty scared. No internet service but only 4g.

Her neighbors are saying "The Russians are here!"

Part of me hopes they are just imagining this with the context of impending war but I can hear the fear in their voices. I suppose we'll read about this in the mornng. I still hope this is not real.

Offline cameraguymn

Re: The invasion is happening now
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 09:27:25 PM »
Finally it is official. A CNN reporter was on live and there are explosive noises in the background several times. It was a surreal two hours as my friends messaged me. They spoke about leaving to Poland just yesterday but now that plan is probably not feasible.

Offline ghost rider

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 11:25:04 PM »
Well putin has finally done it he has started ww3 I hope the ukraines killed alot of russians damm that man hell.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 09:52:05 AM »
My friends east of Kherson are telling me they hear shelling and loud booming noises. It is predawn but there are many cars out and about more than usual activity. They say that relatives have called them that Kalanchak is in Russian hands. I'm searching the internet but nothing about this. They've been on whatsapp with me for the last hour pretty scared. No internet service but only 4g.

Her neighbors are saying "The Russians are here!"

Part of me hopes they are just imagining this with the context of impending war but I can hear the fear in their voices. I suppose we'll read about this in the mornng. I still hope this is not real.

Good to have some local news on the situation CG. If the Kherson Girl I met is still really in Kherson then I bet she will be pissing her panties right now.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 10:08:36 AM »
No phone service. She counted 12 Russian choppers fly through her neighborhood. Gun shots abound. Maybe a few Russian oligarchs will get fed up with this and oust Putin. No one is winning - Ukrainians, Russians, Americans, no one is winning.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 11:57:59 AM »
No phone service. She counted 12 Russian choppers fly through her neighborhood. Gun shots abound. Maybe a few Russian oligarchs will get fed up with this and oust Putin. No one is winning - Ukrainians, Russians, Americans, no one is winning.

My guess is that Putin will win in the end. While I can understand the invasion not happening harder with more missile use by Russia I'm surprised it is not happening faster. I don't reckon Russian Oligarchs will oust Putin nit unless he makes a complete hash of this. Eventually I think Putin will get the regime change he is after in Ukraine. Hopefully things will then get back to normal and we can get back out there, in a few months perhaps.

Good to hear how things are out there I guess it's kind of expected that services will go down out there for a bit in this & that. Still got internet connection at least for the moment.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline chooter

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 10:23:36 PM »
My wife talked to one of her friends in Stary Oskol, not far from the Ukraine border, today and she called Putin, "body bag Puti". She said people aren't saying much but she can tell there's a lot of unhappy people with Putin.

She thinks Putin has totally lost it, and so does my wife. She and her friends all support Ukraine.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:25:49 PM by chooter »
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.
Take the risk or stay lonely?

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 11:35:42 PM »
My wife talked to one of her friends in Stary Oskol, not far from the Ukraine border, today and she called Putin, "body bag Puti". She said people aren't saying much but she can tell there's a lot of unhappy people with Putin.

She thinks Putin has totally lost it, and so does my wife. She and her friends all support Ukraine.

I’ve spent the last few days chatting with my Russian friends...... All of them are incredibly upset and angry with Putin and they say most in their communities feel the same way...... They’re hopeful this will lead to his demise.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2022, 08:52:45 AM »
I’ve spent the last few days chatting with my Russian friends...... All of them are incredibly upset and angry with Putin and they say most in their communities feel the same way...... They’re hopeful this will lead to his demise.

Oh? How? Do they expect Putang to resign?  >:(
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2022, 11:24:51 AM »
Yeah the Russian women I'm talking to say the same thing. Most people they know do not understand or support this invasion. They shared that there are a few small protests but nothing significant.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 12:11:00 PM »

My inlaws live very close to the border with Ukraine. They clearly disapprove of this invasion. Wifey is clearly shaken of this latest events and refuses to listen to any news other than trying to keep in touch with her parents. Pops is not in great state of health, and this is clearly adding to the angst and stress, and mumski is the only 'support' he has.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline chooter

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2022, 12:21:21 PM »
Russia to partially restrict Facebook access. My wife said uh oh things must be heating up on Putin.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/595865-russia-to-partially-restrict-facebook-access
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2022, 12:45:57 PM »
From my relatives in  south eastern and central Ukraine ,what they have heard as far as actually shelling/bombing /gun fire, and news from their friends and extended families,I'd say most every provincial city airport or other stratigic target was hit. Pretty widespread as far as targeted strikes.
There was some ground fighting outside kherson(which seems odd as its location isn't where you'd think troops would be at this time)

Certainly not limited to the donestk,  luhansk areas.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2022, 12:55:36 PM »
Well putin has finally done it he has started ww3 I hope the ukraines killed alot of russians damm that man hell.
Has finally evolved from the thug to the bad guy---

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 01:10:12 PM »
From my relatives in  south eastern and central Ukraine ,what they have heard as far as actually shelling/bombing /gun fire, and news from their friends and extended families,I'd say most every provincial city airport or other stratigic target was hit. Pretty widespread as far as targeted strikes.
There was some ground fighting outside kherson(which seems odd as its location isn't where you'd think troops would be at this time)

Certainly not limited to the donestk,  luhansk areas.

So with every provincial airport hit how are the sex tourists supposed to visit Ukraine now?

Think the Russian troops attacking Kherson have come up from Crimea. They can keep driving more troops across that bridge they built linking Russia (Rostov area) to Crimea. The fact that no major city has yet fallen to Russian troops as far as I know is kind of surprising. I mean Russian troops were attacking Kherson and all the other cities yesterday as well but they all seem to be holding out so far, whether that will continue who knows.

I think the longer they can keep Russian troops at bay the more pressure will grow on Putin to back down or possibly maybe even a coup against him in some form. Clearly much anti-Putin sentiment in Russia at the moment.

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 02:09:53 PM »
Guess there is a meeting in Belaris possible tomorrow between the two Presidents.

That entire putin speech in  just doing a demilitarized Ukraine project was classic putin from.his old days. Maybe he is just bored?

If Ukrainians independent military on his borders keeps himmupmat night over Rusdian national security interests. ,what's his excuse for not invading china and performing the same demilitarization exercise there?
Because he cant.other nations should take note,weakness breeds aggression.
This isnt a Disney film and people dont play nice or run to safe rooms.
Ifveurope cant see this is their possible future plus 9 or.16 years ,  ...

This entire *but America gave out cookies at maiden*  excuse is laughable .

Did the USA obumbles administration screw around in playing with politics there ,and I a way that's contemptible ? Certainly.

Just like every major power plays in other countries elections as much as theybpossibky can! Hypocrisy for denying it or pointing at others doing it?  That's normal world politics on all sides.

Some are just worse at getting caught at it.

Funny nothing is mentioned at the heavy  hand Russia has played all along in Ukraine's politics

Offline chooter

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2022, 02:49:10 PM »
Just saw on the news where Putin and Lavrov have been sanctioned along with more of their cronies. That's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Also looks like more people in Russia are taking to the streets to protest.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 02:52:23 PM by chooter »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2022, 03:33:20 PM »
Guess there is a meeting in Belaris possible tomorrow between the two Presidents.

That entire putin speech in  just doing a demilitarized Ukraine project was classic putin from.his old days. Maybe he is just bored?

If Ukrainians independent military on his borders keeps himmupmat night over Rusdian national security interests. ,what's his excuse for not invading china and performing the same demilitarization exercise there?
Because he cant.other nations should take note,weakness breeds aggression.
This isnt a Disney film and people dont play nice or run to safe rooms.
Ifveurope cant see this is their possible future plus 9 or.16 years ,  ...

This entire *but America gave out cookies at maiden*  excuse is laughable .

Did the USA obumbles administration screw around in playing with politics there ,and I a way that's contemptible ? Certainly.

Just like every major power plays in other countries elections as much as theybpossibky can! Hypocrisy for denying it or pointing at others doing it?  That's normal world politics on all sides.

Some are just worse at getting caught at it.

Funny nothing is mentioned at the heavy  hand Russia has played all along in Ukraine's politics

I doubt they'll be any meeting in Belarus tommorow that's just Putin thinking the Ukrainians should come and capitulate to him. I don't think Ukraine will accept demilitarising unless they lose this war to the Russians and are forced to. If they do so then Putin/Russia can come in at any time they don't like how things are and change them, they'll be completely at Russia's mercy. All Putin would have to do is think up another bs reason to invade and he would be able to walk right in unopposed. Ukraine essentially has nothing to lose by fighting on other than their lives it's that or spend their days under Putin's thumb.

If Ukraine can degrade Russia's military strength enough then I don't think NATO will have anything to worry about. Russia seem to be very sloppy at the moment so up against NATO I think we would finish them off quickly. NATO can't get involved in this one because of the nuclear issue but if Russia can't beat Ukraine or find it this hard going then they aren't going to stand a chance against NATO.

Offline steveh1155

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2022, 03:34:07 PM »
My wife is from Kyiv and has family there and in another area south of Kyiv. She's been in frequent contact with them and with another friend of hers in Kherson. They're all hearing explosions, and in Kyiv small arms fire (sometimes coming nearby) and strangely, they all still have electricity and mobile phone signal though I can't say for how long that'll last. From news reports I've been watching, there are some badass brave Ukrainians in the fight! http://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/25/ukraine-soldiers-told-russians-to-go-fuck-yourself-before-black-sea-island-death

The effectiveness of the Ukrainian military wasn't anticipated by the Kremlin!

Offline BC

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2022, 03:56:06 PM »
Am in almost hourly contact with someone I have been working with for 20 years and family moving west last two days. If can get out they will come here. Arranged for assistance at border onward. Kids are terrified.

This is an absolutely gut-wrenching experience.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2022, 04:18:52 PM »
Boris's Ukrainian is pretty impressive  :)
Just saying it like it is.

Offline steveh1155

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2022, 04:24:05 PM »

This is an absolutely gut-wrenching experience.

Absolutely...we've slept very little the past couple days. My wife's nephew was going to try to make it to Finland to stay with some other relatives, and we sent him money for the airfare, unfortunately Ukrainian airspace was closed before he had a chance to fly, and now he's not permitted to leave Ukraine being a male 18 - 60yo.
Her other relatives are either too elderly to travel so far, or just flat out refusing to leave their homes.
Our hope is someone in the Russian government will come to their senses and forcibly remove the little dictator.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2022, 05:05:58 PM »

Absolutely...we've slept very little the past couple days. My wife's nephew was going to try to make it to Finland to stay with some other relatives, and we sent him money for the airfare, unfortunately Ukrainian airspace was closed before he had a chance to fly, and now he's not permitted to leave Ukraine being a male 18 - 60yo.
Her other relatives are either too elderly to travel so far, or just flat out refusing to leave their homes.
Our hope is someone in the Russian government will come to their senses and forcibly remove the little dictator.

Deeply unfair how men are treated so much worse than women I think. Should be down to everyone's choice I think what they wish to do. Anyhow, when I went on a date with a girl in Lviv she was telling me how before the EU visa-free scheme came about men used to go near a village towards the Ukrainian-Polish border then detour out into the depths of the forest for miles all the way around the Ukrainian border checkpoint and over to Poland to work. My guess is that method would still be available.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2022, 05:09:48 PM »
Boris's Ukrainian is pretty impressive  :)

Boris has Russian ancestry, not sure where from in Russia. He featured in the UK TV series 'Who Do You Think You Are' about famous people and their family tree. Well before he was PM of course.

Offline chooter

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2022, 10:22:03 PM »
My wife just told me she was told that many Russians have found and started watching Euronews on youtube. She said they're showing a lot of damage in Ukraine that Putin is denying, and pretty much everything else that he's denying.

They're discovering that most all of the athletic associations are pulling events out of Russia and not going to hold any events there and Aeroflot is getting booted out all over the world.

I've never watched it, didn't know it even existed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 10:27:08 PM by chooter »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541541
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 3519