It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Putin is Ruining Russia  (Read 232960 times)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Putin is Ruining Russia
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2014, 08:56:52 AM »
For Doll and others defending Putin: 

There are  more fires raging in the world today than Ukraine.  And there are potential fires ready to ignite. 

Russia is too large to be creating fires.  Russia needs to join the world powers in fostering global stability.

Like that will ever happen!   :ROFL:

Offline Gylden

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2014, 09:04:18 AM »
From the eurozine article

"As fate would have it, one of the first TV projects I was commissioned on returning home was a documentary series about rich Russians in London. While I had been away new Russian money had flooded the city. Everywhere I went in the poshest London neighbourhoods I heard Russian and saw many of the faces I knew from Moscow. "We'll soon own this town," said a Russian banker who lives in London in a programme broadcast by the BBC this year, and who is accused of complicity in the murder of an anti-corruption lawyer in Moscow. "We might leave the British their parliament but we'll own the rest." "

Offline Muzh

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »
From the eurozine article

"As fate would have it, one of the first TV projects I was commissioned on returning home was a documentary series about rich Russians in London. While I had been away new Russian money had flooded the city. Everywhere I went in the poshest London neighbourhoods I heard Russian and saw many of the faces I knew from Moscow. "We'll soon own this town," said a Russian banker who lives in London in a programme broadcast by the BBC this year, and who is accused of complicity in the murder of an anti-corruption lawyer in Moscow. "We might leave the British their parliament but we'll own the rest." "

Ooo, ooo, ooo I know a Brit who would love that very much.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2014, 11:23:55 AM »
Right now Open Newsroom is trying to verify the tweeted message below.

http://twitter.com/UA_Patrioto/status/493380503308079104/photo/1

There are photos such as this for both sides of the conflict.  Other than the baby this photo is no worse than the video Belvis posted of the carnage created by Ukrainian jet rockets hitting a government building.  Combat fought in urban areas will inevitably kill civilians.  Babies too.   

Consider the photos from Gaza where Hamas positions its heavy weapons near schools, hospitals, etc. 

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2014, 11:52:18 AM »
Putin is turning Ukrainians against Russia. This hurts Russia.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2014, 12:16:52 PM »
TRUTH:

I have linked it all over the forum.  Muscovite Borodai admitted to having current contacts with the FSB.  He just returned from a trip to Moscow, and thereafter, the last remaining locals were pushed out of the leadership of the Donetsk Peoples Republic.  One of them, Khodkovsky, admitted the terrorists had a BUK missile from Russia.  He later backtracked, claiming his battalion did not have missiles, but others did.  Today, the other two Muscovites have been appointed to the leadership positions in leading the terrorists.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »
This is not Putin, but the head of Russia's Investigative Committee has demonstrated his disdain for the rule of law.   You think someone abroad is guilty of a crime?  Don't bother attempting to extradite him.  Just send thugs to foreign territory to kidnap him!

http://www.fontanka.ru/2014/07/24/127/
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Muzh

« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2014, 12:23:24 PM »
There are photos such as this for both sides of the conflict.  Other than the baby this photo is no worse than the video Belvis posted of the carnage created by Ukrainian jet rockets hitting a government building.  Combat fought in urban areas will inevitably kill civilians.  Babies too.   

Consider the photos from Gaza where Hamas positions its heavy weapons near schools, hospitals, etc.

Heh

Except some would claim that this young mother and baby were killed by the Ukrainian army and there are no casualties at the hands of the "separatists" terrorists. Just made up stories in the scream media from the west.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2014, 12:30:43 PM »
Until this post you haven't connected any dots at all. You kept
saying that Putin couldn't be trusted hence he is ruining Russia.

So now you are saying that he will ruin Russia by not having
sufficient foreign investment? and that he is stifling foreign
investment because of his false claims regarding Ukraine?

Obama lies daily. Does that reduce foreign investment in the USA?

I think that your logic is shaky at best and you are still jumping
to a conclusion. You should flesh out your argument a bit, starting
at what Putin did, or didn't do then move on point by point.

I am no apologist for Putin but he has grown the Russian economy
quite substantially since he started. The standard of living has significantly
improved.

Frankly I think that the corruption in Russia is what stifles foreign 
investment. There is no equal protection under the law, you might
start a business in Russia and then have it taken from you or the
payola required might be too high to stay in business. If Putin wanted
more foreign investment then he should address that first.

Udachi!

Bill

Follow this:
Putin has acted erratically. He and his government have acted in ways that have caused sanctions from the EU and the USA.
This has created the investment climate in Russia to deteriorate.
Creating enemies, as Putin has done, is bad for the world economy.
...I also find fault with Obama in many areas. I like the West's concept of
championing liberty, freedom, and the right of Ukraine to decide its own future.
   I have to add that Putin's remarks about protecting 'Russian Speakers' everywhere is a scary idea that gives the impression of a Hitleresque individual about to march into the Sudetenland. If he considers portions of Ukraine to be 'New Russia' and he laments the break-up of the Soviet Union, he gives the not-so-subtle impression of not caring about the self-determination of those who live in 'New Russia'. When Russians applaud these expansionist ideas, most of the world reacts with horror, and yes, that hurts Russia. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:34:35 PM by Photo Guy »

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2014, 01:11:47 PM »
Update:

Another US Intelligence evidence released early this morning showing a Sauro's army marching beyond Russia's border unto Ukraine in preparation to a really big battle.

Evidence # 3:

In response, the EU once again called for another meeting to discuss additional new sanctions..

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2014, 01:19:25 PM »
Update:

In response, the EU once again called for another meeting to discuss additional new sanctions..

GQ, check out the reports coming out of Europe regarding the cracks in the veneer.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2014, 01:23:36 PM »
I heard about this. Top EU leaders want to now revoke Putin's membership at the New Russian division of Netflix.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2014, 01:31:10 PM »
Doll, Gator is right. Most eastern Ukrainians do not want to be controlled by Moscow, and most do not want to be a part of New Russia. The Ukrainians I know who prefer the Russian language think that Putin is mad...  that perception hurts Russia.

Quote from: Gator on Today at 06:42:09 AM<blockquote>For Doll and others defending Putin: 

There are  more fires raging in the world today than Ukraine.  And there are potential fires ready to ignite. 

Russia is too large to be creating fires.  Russia needs to join the world powers in fostering global stability.
</blockquote>

Like that will ever happen!   :ROFL:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:35:12 PM by Photo Guy »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2014, 02:05:28 PM »

GQ, check out the reports coming out of Europe regarding the cracks in the veneer.

I dunno Muzh, there have been a few of them really.

One in particular (about suing Russia re: Yukos) is as absurd as Republicans suing (or even impeaching) Obama. Under what jurisdiction is this ever going to get enforced, or better yet, who is enforcing it? The UK (although that's silly because it'll include the kingdom of (No.) Ireland, which I doubt want any part of this. Nor I don't believe it to be Great Britain considering Scotland will soon be voting on a referendum that may in fact separate them from England and Great Britain is technically and officially debunk)?

I can understand the intent/argument that such proceedings are nothing more than *drawing attention to* the matter, but when all is said and done, it doesn't really help the cause (whatever that may be, if any). Where the heck is the UN in all of these? Like all the present conflicts the world over, today, what the heck is the UN doing about in any of it other than sending talking heads making redundant speeches that means absolutely nothing.

If it's about Russia's oligarchs being po'd with Putin due to the sanctions...again, IMO, it's rumors at best, theatrics at worst. To me, it's all a waste of precious time and more importantly - lives; considering through all these silliness - people are dying needlessly.

Worst in all of these, our own government is a major player in the entire mess. If they have hard evidences and incontestable proofs to prove half of ther allegations, then by golly - present the damned things and stop freaking playing games. It's unfortunate, IMHO, the US never expected the Kiev massacre and developed a contingency for. They thought this would be a cake walk. It wasn't and they should've. Now that the cat is out of the bag, no one wants to tackle it directly.

Once the temperatures starts to drop, then you'll know all these silly sanction talks means absolutely nada, man. All of these border on child's play that unfortunately causing many lives.

Let me add: Europe is mired in serious spike in anti-semetism within their societies right now because of the Israel/Gaza conflict. So many fires going on and too many people we call leaders are too busy playing games with one another. Even Slovakia is having internal troubles with their Roma population. Heck, even Turkey is getting into this pissing parade.

With all of these time and monies being wasted, we could, or should, be busy looking for the cure for ebola and the plague being fought right now....
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:17:28 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2014, 03:29:18 PM »
GQ,
What do you mean by this:

'..It's unfortunate, IMHO, the US never expected the Kiev massacre and developed a contingency for...'

Offline jone

« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2014, 03:54:31 PM »

GQ Riding that Dead Horse
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2014, 04:14:19 PM »
Now here's a real story that shows Putin's impact on Russia:

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-07-28/a-50-billion-bill-for-putin-s-aggression

And, it has nothing to do with Ukraine!

Holy Sh&t, Batman!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Thank you for taking the time to clarify your position(s)
« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2014, 04:39:29 PM »
Follow this:
Putin has acted erratically. He and his government have acted in ways that have caused sanctions from the EU and the USA.

Yes, but the sanctions are totally Mickey Mouse. Some oligarch can't
travel to the USA. Who cares? is that actually a sanction?

This has created the investment climate in Russia to deteriorate.

I agree but they didn't get much outside investment before and they
get a little bit less now. 

...I also find fault with Obama in many areas.

I find difficulty finding anything he's done right in any area.

The right of Ukraine to decide its own future.

I totally agree that Ukraine should have the right to decide it's
own future. They even have a right to foul it all up again and again.

I have to add that Putin's remarks about protecting 'Russian Speakers' everywhere is a scary idea that gives the impression of a Hitleresque individual about to march into the Sudetenland. If he considers portions of Ukraine to be 'New Russia' and he laments the break-up of the Soviet Union, he gives the not-so-subtle impression of not caring about the self-determination of those who live in 'New Russia'. When Russians applaud these expansionist ideas, most of the world reacts with horror, and yes, that hurts Russia.

Probably true, but it plays very well with Russian voters.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify your position(s). 

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2014, 04:47:03 PM »
GQ,
What do you mean by this:

'..It's unfortunate, IMHO, the US never expected the Kiev massacre and developed a contingency for...'

Viktor Pinchuk.

Don't mind jone, he's still trying to figure out the meaning of the word *feminist*.  ;) He still believes the world loves us because of our *generous attitudes*, LOL.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:04:34 PM by GQBlues »

Offline GQBlues

Re: Thank you for taking the time to clarify your position(s)
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2014, 05:02:38 PM »
I totally agree that Ukraine should have the right to decide it's own future. They even have a right to foul it all up again and again....

Therein lies the nugget in this entire silliness. Of course Ukraine, as with any nation, reserve every right to do what it please that it feels beneficial for all Ukrainians. If they wanted this change for their country, more power to them. They should've taken a page out of the current Iraq quagmire and understand all possible consequences and provide for appropriate contingency.

One of the first thing they should've done is make sure the country has a stable military. Especially from a country with too many power-hungry overlords and oligarchs, who, for stupid reason seem to not have any problem assembling an army of their own. Whereas the government can't seem to put one together with some semblance of respectability.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this very simple rule. Every coup we've laid witness to, either have a sound military behind a coup for it to succeed, or, all the ruling overlords are gunning for a common cause.i

Two things can tell you about this blunder. What happened in Kiev was unexpected and unplanned for, and/or, they relied so much on *someone* who no longer want to get their hands dirty because it involves far more than they had bargained for - especially when it became evident the result is not what it originally designed.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:09:11 PM by GQBlues »

Offline jone

« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2014, 05:10:36 PM »
Viktor Pinchuk.

Don't mind jone, he's still trying to figure out the meaning of the word *feminist*.  ;) He still believes the world loves us because of our *generous attitudes*, LOL.

Not yours, you greedy SOB.   ;D

Offline AC

• Banned Member
Re: Putin is Ruining Russia? or are you jumping to conclusions?
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2014, 05:56:27 PM »

Frankly I think that the corruption in Russia is what stifles foreign 
investment. There is no equal protection under the law, you might
start a business in Russia and then have it taken from you or the
payola required might be too high to stay in business. If Putin wanted
more foreign investment then he should address that first.

Corruption may have been the number one reason prior to the current crisis in Ukraine.  The illegal invasion and annexation of Crimea brought some superficial sanctions, but now with a civilian airliner being shot out of the sky and 298 innocents dead, Europe has woken up to what is really going on.  The fact that Russia has not stopped the separatists, but is giving them more arms, and is now helping them with artillery fire from Russia; Europe has suddenly grown a back bone.  I just read that Germany is now willing to impose some far more serious sanctions on Russia, which will likely cause much greater economic pain.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/world/europe/us-and-europe-agree-to-escalate-sanctions-on-russia.html?_r=0
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:10:41 PM by AC »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Re: Putin is Ruining Russia? or are you jumping to conclusions?
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2014, 07:01:45 PM »
Europe has suddenly grown a back bone.  I just read that Germany is now willing to impose some far more serious sanctions on Russia, which will likely cause much greater economic pain.

Sure they have. Soon they might threaten to take Putin off the
Euro Christmas card list and a whole host of other tough actions.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2014, 08:47:57 PM »
The Seattle Times (!!!!) is now a respectful source togetehr with youtube and Wikipedia ( and Iphone)

You ask for evidence a few dozen times from numerous people and I help you out. You're too lazy or not smart enough to use google to find info for yourself and you make fun of my news source. If you did some research, you'll find many major news outlets picked up the story.

Your profile has changed. If you still married, I hope you don't debate your husband like you debate people on the internet.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1863
Total: 1874

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM