It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Shadows are still alive!  (Read 4189 times)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
The Shadows are still alive!
« on: September 08, 2019, 09:39:31 AM »
Hi there, I hopped in to fix an issue, and decided to say hello. Not promising any kind of return but you never know if you treat me nicely...
For those who wish to know about me, Shadow and Mrs Shadow are together since 2005, and are married since 2008. Dutch laws are excellent for these ventures. Our two sons, ShadowJR.v1 and ShadowJr.v2 are growing up fast and manage to find information on Youtube faster than their parents. Luckily their interests are nature and space so far...
For thos who are starting on this adventure, these tips are still relevant:- Be prepared to travel.
- If you can take first short trips to decide if a longer time is worth it.- Every RW from legal age to 80 has at least one cellphone. MIL is 75 and has 2. Mrs Shadow has some groups on a social network and one of her friends lives in a Dagestan village of 10 housen ans 20 cows. They have GSM and high speed internet.-- Quit politics. You will never convind your RW that her country is bad, and never convince your friends Russia is not as evil as portrayed.
- find someone who does not want to leave her country, but wants to follow you to the end of the earth
So for all who know me a big HELLO and all search a big GOOD LUCK.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Re: The Shadows are still alive!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 11:46:28 AM »
Hi there, I hopped in to fix an issue, and decided to say hello. Not promising any kind of return but you never know if you treat me nicely...

For those who wish to know about me, Shadow and Mrs Shadow are together since 2005, and are married since 2008. Dutch laws are excellent for these ventures. Our two sons, ShadowJR.v1 and ShadowJr.v2 are growing up fast and manage to find information on Youtube faster than their parents. Luckily their interests are nature and space so far...
For thos who are starting on this adventure, these tips are still relevant:- Be prepared to travel.
- If you can take first short trips to decide if a longer time is worth it.- Every RW from legal age to 80 has at least one cellphone. MIL is 75 and has 2. Mrs Shadow has some groups on a social network and one of her friends lives in a Dagestan village of 10 housen ans 20 cows. They have GSM and high speed internet.-- Quit politics. You will never convind your RW that her country is bad, and never convince your friends Russia is not as evil as portrayed.
- find someone who does not want to leave her country, but wants to follow you to the end of the earth
So for all who know me a big HELLO and all search a big GOOD LUCK.

Excellent tips,

Welcome back Shadow!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 11:52:16 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 12:10:01 PM »
Welcome back, Shadow..

Really glad to hear from you and thanks for your techie help)

You have been missed

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 12:36:58 PM »

Good to see you again Shadow!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 07:32:33 AM »
Hi Shadow and the Shadow Family!

Thanks for fixing what needed fixing. 

Splendid to know your family is doing well.  You are definitely one of the success stories of deciding to start a family and life with a Slavic woman. 

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 12:28:33 PM »
Nice to hear from you Shadow.  It's been a long time.  Be sure to drop in once in a while to give us an update.  Step-daughter Lisa has been fluent in English after 6 months of being immersed in public school without any special language program.  Sure wish I could still learn at that rate in my old age.  :)

Lisa in now in 5th grade and gets very good grades.  Wife is still struggling with finding employment.  Hard for me to understand with double master degrees.  She is still not fluent as she spends so much time watching Russian language media and converses with her Russian speaking friends.   I am hoping that once she gets a job she will be forced to become proficient in English much like our daughter did.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 12:50:06 PM »
  You will never convind your RW that her country is bad, and never convince your friends Russia is not as evil as portrayed.
Convince? Nope-- I wouldn't even try.

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 12:23:23 AM »
Convince? Nope-- I wouldn't even try.

Quite...  When they travel overseas our wives / g/fs judge for themselves ..

Offline Shadow

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 03:27:37 AM »
Nice to hear from you Shadow.  It's been a long time.  Be sure to drop in once in a while to give us an update.  Step-daughter Lisa has been fluent in English after 6 months of being immersed in public school without any special language program.  Sure wish I could still learn at that rate in my old age.  :)

Lisa in now in 5th grade and gets very good grades.  Wife is still struggling with finding employment.  Hard for me to understand with double master degrees.  She is still not fluent as she spends so much time watching Russian language media and converses with her Russian speaking friends.   I am hoping that once she gets a job she will be forced to become proficient in English much like our daughter did.
We have adopted a very simple way of learning, advised by one of their first teacher who was married to a German man.
I speak Dutch with them.
Mrs Shadow speaks Russian.
English they pick up from conversation between us and Youtube/games.
Because both parents speak in their native language, they do not hear 'broken' language and as a result pick up the correct version.
They do have a slight local accent (from school) and in Russian have a foreign accent, but their knowledge of 3 languages is more than sufficient.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »
Helloooo shadow old friend! Nice to see you're still vertical

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 06:21:48 PM »

There's the problem Doug. She shows no interest in immersing herself in the culture and language!
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1969
Total: 1978

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM