It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: From Moscow to Minsk  (Read 10467 times)

Offline xtragic

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: From Moscow to Minsk
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 08:55:41 PM »
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but how the hell do you get the Wifi to work in MSQ? I couldn't even locate a kiosk to buy a sim card. Thank god the girl I was meeting brought her private driver with her and were waiting for me outside. Minsk isn't like Kyiv where you have a high probability of meeting someone that understands some English or very fluent in it.

Also, if you are going to stay in Minsk, stay at the Hampton by Hilton. It's what you come to expect from an American hotel, unless you want to stay in a Soviet era hotel that is over priced in the city center.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2016, 01:03:21 AM »
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but how the hell do you get the Wifi to work in MSQ? I couldn't even locate a kiosk to buy a sim card. Thank god the girl I was meeting brought her private driver with her and were waiting for me outside. Minsk isn't like Kyiv where you have a high probability of meeting someone that understands some English or very fluent in it.

Also, if you are going to stay in Minsk, stay at the Hampton by Hilton. It's what you come to expect from an American hotel, unless you want to stay in a Soviet era hotel that is over priced in the city center.

The little cafes and food stands will give you their wifi password if you purchase something. So spend $2 on a sandwich or coffee and you'll have all the internet you want.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Nikolos

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2016, 10:33:47 AM »
I read some of this thread, I'm not sure if anyone made this point, but you can no longer obtain a Visa at the Airport in Minsk, Must be done through a consulate or embassy...  I don't know why some countries insist on both a invitation and voucher in order to obtain a Visa.. Tourism pumps a lot of money into the economy, you would think they'd be making it easier.. 

When I applied for my Russian tourist visa, all I needed was a invitation and I had the Visa in less than 3 weeks, good for 3 years :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541382
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2395
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2376
Total: 2386

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill