It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Alexei Navalny has died  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
Alexei Navalny has died
« on: February 16, 2024, 07:25:16 AM »
The Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny has died in jail, the country’s prison service has said, in what supporters and western officials have called a political assassination attributable to Vladimir Putin.

Navalny, 47, one of Putin’s most visible and persistent critics, was being held in a jail about 40 miles north of the Arctic Circle where he had been sentenced to 19 years under a “special regime”.

In a statement, the federal penitentiary service for the region where Navalny was incarcerated said that he had “felt unwell after a walk and almost immediately lost consciousness”.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/16/russian-activist-and-putin-critic-alexei-navalny-dies-in-prison
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Alexei Navalny has died
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 10:09:20 AM »
He didn't fall out of a window ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 10:30:06 AM »
if you care about hundreds of thousands of people in Ukraine dying for Putin's ambitions
and you have the misfortune of having Republican reps like Texas does
you need to write em, and say the following:

"I’ve called before to urge the representative to vote for Ukraine funding, but in light of the assassination of Alexi Navalny, I feel compelled to call again. I’m sure that, as a member of the US House of Representatives, the congressman understands the import of this assassination and the implications it has for US security. I want to urge the representative to vote for Ukraine funding as soon as humanly possible because it’s critical to protect American security.”

like Navalny, we are ALL gonna have to STAND-UP TOGETHER and say NO to the American oligarchy's desire for Ayan Rand Fascism
or live with the consequences of our inaction as slaves

but none of ya will...
why?
cuz yur all dumb phuqes brainwashed by Faux Knews lies (election stolen, Biden corruption, ALL LIES!!)

take for example, the catholic church remains as the largest single institution with the highest number of child sexual abuse charges
in the multiple thousands

and what have republicans done?
made drag shows illegal

seriously, I've had enuff of this non-stop ridiculous BS coming from MAGA

« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 10:44:06 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 11:27:22 AM »
It is always sad to hear the death of some who has stood up against people like Putler.

It's kind of funny though and I mean no disrespect to Alex Navalny who did just that, but I have often thought what Alex Navalny would have become if he had toppled Putin. I don't know why but I wonder whether Navalny would have become just the same or similar to Putin, i.e it's the way the society is out in Russia and the way things are, you get into power and the only way it will work is to crush all opposition to you or be crushed yourself and they do the same. Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 01:39:59 PM »
just so we're all PEFECTLY PHUQUEING CLEAR!
the fabricated charges that were made about Navalny, asking MI6 Officer James William Thomas Ford for $10-20 Million a year to start a color revolution in Russia was COMPLETE MADE UP BS
just like the $10 million Burisma payment made up BS about Biden
BS DONE BY THE SAME PEOPLE!!!

FSB ain't gonna arrest itself in Russia
but the FBI arrested Alexander Smirnov when they lured him to Las Vegas
there goes 150 episodes of programming on Fox News, out the windows, just like that!!!! and Biden's corruption impeachment, "poof"
as yet another FSB operation ends in failure...

guess what?
you'll hear it here first...
there will soon be another American detained in Moscow...

it ain't gonna be me, that's fer sure
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 01:51:13 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 02:13:13 PM »

The Russian opposition leader’s final message – to ‘be scared of nothing’ – should be heeded by the west following his death
Sun 18 Feb 2024 03.00 EST

It will be days if not weeks and months before we know some version of the truth of what happened in a grim Siberian jail to Alexei Navalny, the greatest leader Russia never had.

But, it’s the timing that sent a chill down many people’s spines. Because this wasn’t any old Friday in February. It was the first day of the Munich Security Conference, a key global summit attended by world leaders and the Nato secretary general. And top of the agenda this year is the threat to Nato itself.

A threat that just ramped up another notch. “I think Putin is showing he has total impunity. That’s his message,” says Vera Krichevskaya, the co-founder and ex-editor-in-chief of Russia’s last independent TV news station, Dozhd, or TV Rain. She is crying when I call. “I’m speechless. Speechless. It’s so painful. I’m a mess.

Was the timing a coincidence? Or that among the delegates was Yulia, Alexei Navalny’s wife? Hours after the news of her husband’s reported death broke, she showed the courage that Navalny had modelled to the Russian people for the past decade and a half, standing on the stage and saying that she’d asked herself: “Should I stand here before you or should I go back to my children? And then I thought: what would Alexei have done in my place? And I’m sure that he would have been here, standing on this stage.”

He would have. Navalny’s courage was never in doubt. Though the excitement and energy of the protests that erupted across Russia in response to his decision to fly back to Moscow, knowing he faced imprisonment after the failed assassination attempt on his life, now belongs to a different era.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/18/alexei-navalny-didnt-just-show-enormous-courage-and-express-irrepressible-hope-he-embodied-them
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 08:36:26 AM »
MAGA lies about EVERYTHING and disguise their deception and capitulation to power as moral and noble and based in freedom.

MAGA  wants you to think the battle is woke versus unwoke, and in that fight, Putin is an ally to the right. He is their friend.
Putin is an opportunist, searching for leverage, and boy did he find in MAGA,
the fall of Avdiivka is a direct result of Trump coercing Republicans not to vote for Ukrainian funding
so twice now, Trump has interfered with delivery of American weapons to Ukraine, while Russia has supplied FAKE EVIDENCE to Biden's FAKE impeachment
anyone beginning to notice a pattern here?

Offline krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 09:26:04 AM »
as foretold, a US passport holder was just arrested in Russia for "supporting Ukraine"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13103959/Ksenia-Karelina-treason-russia-putin.html

meanwhile, Navalny's widow kicked off of TWITTER for violating TOS (a badge of honor) and Elon Musk is letting Russians use Starlink to kill Ukrainians...

what got Navalny killed and his lawyer imprisoned was THIS!!

http://acf.international/acf-media/Top_200_bribetakers_and_warmongers_UK_Jf9dCzm.pdf

Navalny wrote this info and his lawyer smuggled it out of prison a few months ago (lawyer also charged...attempted truth telling is a capital offense in Russia

the Russian oligarchy's business model is to buy for a ruble from China, sell for five rubles to Ivan and Natasha and give two rubles to the friendly KGB officer who gives half to Putin
and to preserve and enhance this economic  system, Putin has launched the costliest war n the 21st century because he mistakenly though he had an opportunity to STEAL ALL of Ukraine from the Ukrainian people, and give it to his loyal cadre in Navalny's list

for every person Putin kills or sends to prison
1,000 are intimidated to silence

wheter by cigarette lighters, or other means, Navalny's message, was that "resistance is NOT futile"
something we need to take note of here, because we have the same problem to some degree that russia has
oligarchy instead of democracy

« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 01:15:02 PM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541504
Total Topics: 20866