It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...  (Read 109764 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »
Keep in mind that FSU gynecologists advise "use it or lose it." 

One gal told me that her female gynecologist said exactly this. 
She told me she was too embarrassed to tell the gyn that she hadn't had sex in several months.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline IAmZon

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2012, 06:56:43 PM »
FINALLY - almost. 

Tomorrow I leave for the first leg of my trip.  Europe and Eastern Europe for 10 days before arriving in Ukraine on the first of April.

No online love affairs at this time.  Barely any online conocidas actually.  I will begin to more earnestly use online sites now that I will be in country.   However, it's pretty clear that I am neither going to meet a boat load of women, nor visit a handful of women with raised expectations. 

I will use introductory services to a much greater extend than I ever thought I would!  I am fully aware of what all this must look like from the women's point of view ( just shy of pathetic LOL )  But, it does allow one to filter and meet - and that is really all any of this can do in the first place. 

Feels like a field trip so far.   I talked to some friends back in Colombia last week and some of the cities - not all - are getting hotter (more dangerous).  It will be nice to see things for myself with a sober mind.  It will be interesting to make comparisons between the environments in which I have lived. 

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2012, 09:56:54 PM »
have a good trip, Tim!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2012, 07:26:58 AM »
Tomorrow I leave for the first leg of my trip.  Europe and Eastern Europe for 10 days before arriving in Ukraine on the first of April.
That's 18 days ago :o. Do you have one of these ;D?

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Daveman

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2012, 07:33:19 AM »
That's 18 days ago :o . Do you have one of these ;D ?

Heh! but he's already warped (in more ways than one) so he will not be able to see any of these messages until his time/space continuum catches up to the date.. so he'll post in a couple of weeks when his date matches this, but, will we suddenly remember at that time that he posted his response in our past?  When he returns, will he have aged considerably (due to his interaction with RW)?

Will Einstein face off with Hawking?   
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline TheTraveler

• Married to a Disproportionately Hot Russian Wife
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2012, 09:10:05 AM »
Have fun, Tim!

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2012, 06:01:29 PM »
warped? you have no idea ... and I think that will serve me well.

Just completed my first day in Eastern Europe.  my thoughts are:
- I should have packed heavier; these guys know how to dress!'
- No getting around the fact that I am walking around with a money sign posted on my forehead; remember girls are looking for the circumstance first, a specific man second.
- Oh Jesus! this place seems to please me more than South America ... more sophistication, more intelligence, more skinny white girls.

So, I am in Braslava now.  I arrived and spent the day / night in Vienna.  I will visit Prague and Berlin.  Then, early next week I will be somewhere in Hungary ( a country that seems fucked)   I do not KNOW ANYTHING, but Jack Bragg has said that I ought to expect a 30% interest rate from agency girls.  That would leave me with a rather LOW number of women to meet on jack's tour.  But, increasingly, I do not give a $hit.  I am not looking for a line up; I am only looking for one.  I can tell already, I enjoy a similar state here as I do in Colombia.   This has been a good move for me.

Tomorrow I will party in Prague.  I intend to hit all to hit all the high notes, so I am NORMAL on Jack's tour LOL   Romania seems to deserve a second look for me, as does South Spain.   Here, as in Colombia, I do not need to make a "strategy" as a senior citizen with limited options, or some old guy "getting lucky". There is a more favorable matching here for me.  I will take a month or two just to understand it fully.

====

I find in funny/interesting that when I speak to foreigners  even people who know English, I default to my caveman Spanish.  It gives me the ability to "triangulate" in basic conversion that "levels" the playing field a little.   I think that if I had come here with a hungry heart, I would have likely had my ass handing to me by  a huntress.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:08:38 PM by rivardco »

Offline TheTraveler

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »
interesting report, tim!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2012, 01:18:14 AM »
Rivardco-

Don't leave Bratislava until you have a nice cold Zlaty Bazant...then have one or two Pilsner when you get to Praha...

On your way back down to Hungary from Czech (if you're taking the train), if you have time, stop at Banska Bystrica. Hit the town center. I forgot the name of the clock but it was built a few degrees off  center...anyway, that's where the natives hang-out and party, party, and party some more. It's the only 'activity' the young babes have in that town....

Have a great time!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2012, 03:24:39 AM »
Don't leave Bratislava until you have a nice cold Zlaty Bazant...then have one or two Pilsner when you get to Praha...

Roger that!  The beers are crossed off the list.  I was the last one up last night.  (Which is not hard when you have a USA time difference) However, the bad news, and a lingering mystery, is this:  In Colombia I never ever get hang-overs - and I deserve them mightily.   In the USA, the opposite is true.   I did not "over do it" last night, but I can tell this place is a hang-over waiting to happen.

===

This business trip is really a get to know a new client.  I was prepared to do some work, but he is just a great guy and a little behind schedule with his business plans.   He wants to show me Europe.  So, that is how I am "working" for the next 5 days, or so.  Knowing that "familiarity breeds contempt," I think I ought not over stay his welcome.  So, I will excuse myself on Tuesday or Wednesday.   This gives me 9 days before Jack's tour starts, 6 days before I would like to be in Kiev.  Any ideas? I am thinking I stumble into Liyv, or should I stay a few days in Budapest ...

So far, English seems fine!  There is not barrier to language.  In Colombia, Brazil, and other South American countries there is NO English.

Offline Kuna

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »
Rivardco!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT - you are making a trip!  FANTASTIC!

Firstly I'm trilled that you're "on your way"...  and next I am flattered you still remember me.  I drop in here every few months to see what's happening in the nut-house... but busier than ever with family life.

You won't read this till you're "on the ground"...  but if you need anything while away let me know.

Life here is going well...  two wonderful children (the light of my life)...  a happy (and busy) wife... I'm unfortunately I'm traveling a little for work now (unavoidable short duration international stuff) but we have full-time help living in with us.  I was tempted (and may) start a thread on how stupid men are that chase "too young girls" because our 19 yr old German au pair is a lovely girl... but damn kids are just kids!   :P

(Gentlemen,  please launch the flames in a new thread so we don't pollute my good friend's account of his first FSU trip)

Our next au pair (starting later in the year) is from Estonia so it'll be interesting to see the differences, if any.

Let me tell you...  horror stories are easy to find in places like this but if you're switched on you can find what you should be looking for.

'Way back then' I think I told you I'd already spent a long time "cleaning my pipes" after divorcing from my first wife...  If you are in the clear after 3 years you're doing well... It took me 7 years (I think...  but dates are greying over time) to be ready to find what I deserved.  Once found,  life is immeasurably better.

Anyway... I will watch this thread with enthusiasm.  I'm glad you're not going "wife-hunting" but rather going for the experience.  There is much to experience.  You had really good ideas "back then" on what you'd do and what you were seeking... I hope you're still of that mindset.

I only skimmed through this thread so hope I don't repeat anything already said - though I don't care if I contradict others with their own ideas.

There are good women everywhere... a few will turn out to be GREAT women.  Finding the GREAT ones is up to you... no one can help with that...  but listen to your gut...  and don't be too suspicious.

Make friends,  keep an open mind, ask questions,  and respect the answers.  It IS possible that the first woman you meet will be 'the one'...  but the first one doesn't have to be the one.

Please...  oh PLEASE...  post photos of your trip.  Photos are usually the best part of TRs however in your case reading about your journey will be better than any photo.

You're a good man Tim,  and a bit of a $#%$ed up unit at the same time (in a good way)... I hope you find whatever you've gone looking for.

All the very best!

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2012, 09:12:38 AM »
A status report from Kuna - now everything seems complete and ready.    Happy to hear you are doing well and enjoying the family life.

I am in Prague now for a couple days.   It came as a slight shock to learn that NOT EVERY woman is a swimsuit model in Eastern Europe.  However, there clearly are many attractive ladies here.  There is a better sexual energy in the air too (notice I did not say sex, but rather sexual), similar to Colombia, much different to the very frigged and rather "stand offish"  USA.

I have seen enough to begin considering a second trip here.  But, I must admit I am keeping a very open mind on location and purpose.   I just might find a second home.  I will go to Berlin, then Hamburg later this week.   I enjoy the details and excellent in many many things here.  I am not a guy that lives for food, but most  experiences  contain a surprise.  The weather has been perfect and the people are kind (Austrians seemed a little stuck up, however.  But they seem very competent, so I cut them some slack)

Before I leave I will see Ukraine very deeply, perhaps Lithuania too.   Certainly, I will have much more knowledge in two months.  Frankly, I am growing more interested in Romania and Spain now.  I think those cultures would fit me to a "T".  And, I will be able to leverage the recent, significant investment in language.

Finding my second half?  That will have to be a consequence of my life journey - and even though I have not REALLY TRIED online in advance of my trip, I have undertaken enough to set-up the right conditions.   Besides, I am very good with women at this point in my life.  Finding a date is not the problem.  Finding the right date - that is the challenge.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2012, 08:49:04 AM »
Prague is an exceptionally beautiful city. 

I went looking for a good time last night, and I found it.  An after hours club Studio 52.  Seemed like a lot of tough guys and bad girls, but the music was great. I got back to the hotel at lunch time the next day!  Can't do that very often. However, I will say, that in this subculture, the local men are not curious or friendly, and they look like they would be quick to fight.  The woman - pretty much a smarter, more forceful version of Colomibianas.  But, clearly, this is not the mainstream.

As it turns out, I will go to Berlin tomorrow.

Offline Gator

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2012, 08:45:38 AM »
I will say, that in this subculture, the local men are not curious or friendly, and they look like they would be quick to fight.

Some of this is more posturing than willing to go at it.  Also, some of this is gruff reaction to strangers..  Definitely not Latino.   

Then again, it was the bar/club scene, and I have little experience, and maybe you will get you ass kicked if not careful.   

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2012, 12:00:12 PM »
Unfortunately, there is also a persistent disdain for Romas. I don't know what you look like Tim but a darker complexion can spell a likeness to Romas...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »
Unfortunately, there is also a persistent disdain for Romas. I don't know what you look like Tim but a darker complexion can spell a likeness to Romas...

Tim is not dark complected.  His avatar is his photo.  However, they may think him a Blue Man.   :D

Tim, just a joke.   You know that I am supportive of your effort.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2012, 04:31:47 PM »
Yes, I agree. with Misha and Ed.   

I have not been here long, but many beautiful women do NOT have choices.  I have not been here long, but it is HARD NOT to notice that the men treat the women boorishly. This is not Colombia - actually, it seems a much harder place.   Sometimes, I can see an absence of smiles (not always, but yet very noticeable). 

In Colombia, quality / attractive women would prefer to stay in Colombia, and there have a very good life.  Here it appears that there is a GREAT motivation to get the F$ck out! 

Again, early in the trip.  Will have more solid observations and experiences as the days and weeks roll on ...

Offline Eduard

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2012, 07:02:39 PM »
too bad you won't experience Russia on this trip, particularly Moscow and St. Petersburg.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline TheTraveler

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2012, 04:06:58 AM »
love the reports, tim!

keep 'em coming, braugh!

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2012, 06:34:31 AM »
i never wanted to visit Berlin, Germany.  WHY? Nothing wrong with this place!  Great food.  Great Music.  Tons to do.   Not too cold. Sophisticated.  Shockingly more affordable than some cities in Eastern Europe.  Very pretty women - like New York City. I am surprised and impressed.

I will go back to Vienna for a couple days, because that is the place that appeals to me the most. Then, off to Ukraine for a while. 

I still have not "advanced" my trip worth a crap. I have hardly exchanged emails with anyone. Other than agency girls and a couple Elena's members.  I got nothing. BUT, really, that should be enough to start with ... I mean this is not an Easter Egg hunt after all.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »

An interesting issue to kick around here ...

So, I am SUPPOSE to go to Kiev, then Kharkov, then Lugansk, then Zap, then Dniper.  Or at least, that is the plan.   I have pretty damn high expectations now (or should I say, I feel no urge to compromise, or "get lucky). I do not care if I find a girlfriend or wife. Frankly, I think I could do just fine in Europe / South America generally speaking.  In fact,  I am interested in checking out South Spain.  This is really a "IF LIGHTNING STRIKES" kind of trip for me.

But, IF I MEET A WOMAN that makes me question "here is a woman unlike the globs of women I have met over the last several years - perhaps my future wife, the mother of my children - then, how do you say to this woman - "Hey, it was great to meet and hang out over the last couple days, but my bus is taking off and I am going to a different city to take more applications?"   This does not seem very deliberative or manly to me.

The woman I want is not weak, or stupid.  She would not accept waiting in line happily.  This would plant poison seeds.  I have too much experience to not know the consequences to even the most rational and understandable situations - especially in the early days.

Alas, pulling the trigger too early, precludes all other possibilities. And, in this case we are talking 7 - 10 days before I would return to the one with home I have the most interest, and her me. Certainly, it helps that I have had NO communication with anyone before a personal meeting.   There are no artificial expectations.  Nevertheless ....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:28:54 PM by rivardco »

Offline calmissile

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2012, 03:35:54 PM »
rivardco

I am very interseted in your trip and will doing something similar in Ukraine (only) for 2-3 months.
Keep us posted, not only on the romance part but also the difficulty of getting around and finding someone to translate to make sure you get on the right train, etc.   ;D
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Eduard

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »
Personally I think that you guys (Doug, Tim) are making a mistake focusing on just Ukraine. IMO there are vastly more choices of wonderful and gorgeous women in Russia to connect with, but hey, it's only my opinion.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Gator

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »

Frankly, I think I could do just fine in Europe / South America generally speaking.  In fact,  I am interested in checking out South Spain.  This is really a "IF LIGHTNING STRIKES" kind of trip for me.
Italian women too.  From visiting both Spain and Italy, the Italian women are more enthusiastic IMO.   And seem to know more English than Spanish women.  I met an IW decades ago at a Club Med.  Perfect week.  We lost contact.  For years she haunted my imagination.

...then, how do you say to
this woman - "Hey, it was great to meet and hang out over the last couple days,
but my bus is taking off and I am going to a different city to take more
applications?"   This does not seem very deliberative or manly to me.

The woman I
want is not weak, or stupid.  She would not accept waiting in line happily.
 This would plant poison seeds.  I have too much experience to not
know the consequences to even the most rational and understandable situations -
especially in the early days.

Good question and typical of VM trips.   My recommendation:  diplomatically explain the tour concept (she knows the game), purposefully avoid sex but do flirt, make a list, and save some time at the end to return and visit the top of your list. 

If lightning strikes, get off the bus and stay with her.  One of my friends went to a woman's house for spaghetti; he never left.

Warning:    some UW will want to "claim" you.

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »

I have pretty damn high expectations now (or should I say, I feel no urge to compromise, or "get lucky). I do not care if I find a girlfriend or wife. Frankly, I think I could do just fine in Europe / South America generally speaking.  In fact,  I am interested in checking out South Spain.  This is really a "IF LIGHTNING STRIKES" kind of trip for me.

But, IF I MEET A WOMAN that makes me question "here is a woman unlike the globs of women I have met over the last several years - perhaps my future wife, the mother of my children - then, how do you say to this woman - "Hey, it was great to meet and hang out over the last couple days, but my bus is taking off and I am going to a different city to take more applications?"   This does not seem very deliberative or manly to me.

The woman I want is not weak, or stupid.  She would not accept waiting in line happily. 

Somehow Rivardo's idea o perfect woman reminds me of this dating agency video...

Sorry not sure how to post a video itself.
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541335
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701