It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Visitation visa  (Read 17550 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Visitation visa
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2019, 03:11:11 PM »
Billy, you have told this before and it is very misleading.

In general, what you claim simply cannot be done.

Yes, it can happen one in a thousand or more . . . but would be silly to rely on it as a strategy.

I did not list it as a strategy but something that interviewers know that can be done. Website below shows how people can get family members a green card while they are on a tourist visa. My wife easily done it for her mother. Mother stays in America on an expired tourist visa while AOS paperwork gets done. Perfectly legal.

http://citizenpath.com/green-card-adjustment-of-status/

I knew an illegal immigrant for some time. One day he asked if I could write a letter to an immigration judge on his behalf. In a nutshell, I wrote he is a good person and I believe he'd be a great asset to the USA. Immigration judge never called me up to verify I'm real. Guy easily got a green card.

I know a few guys who know a few illegals that spent a few thousand dollars on an immigration attorney and were successful too. The situation I was involved in wasn't rare. I've heard this story a few times from people involved with it all being successful. If an illegal immigrant in this country gets an immigration attorney, has a clean record, and a few letters from US citizens vouching on their behalf they are good people, they get green cards.

People who are living here illegally doesn't even need a family member to sponsor them to get green cards. US citizens vouching for them is enough. There are government websites that tell people what they can do to get green card or their family members green cards. They ARE NOT telling you ALL the avenues they allow to get green cards. I know for a fact people can get green cards by methods that our government hasn't advertised.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

Visitation visa
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2019, 04:22:40 PM »
I did not list it as a strategy but something that interviewers know that can be done. Website below shows how people can get family members a green card while they are on a tourist visa. My wife easily done it for her mother. Mother stays in America on an expired tourist visa while AOS paperwork gets done. Perfectly legal.

http://citizenpath.com/green-card-adjustment-of-status/

I knew an illegal immigrant for some time. One day he asked if I could write a letter to an immigration judge on his behalf. In a nutshell, I wrote he is a good person and I believe he'd be a great asset to the USA. Immigration judge never called me up to verify I'm real. Guy easily got a green card.

I know a few guys who know a few illegals that spent a few thousand dollars on an immigration attorney and were successful too. The situation I was involved in wasn't rare. I've heard this story a few times from people involved with it all being successful. If an illegal immigrant in this country gets an immigration attorney, has a clean record, and a few letters from US citizens vouching on their behalf they are good people, they get green cards.

People who are living here illegally doesn't even need a family member to sponsor them to get green cards. US citizens vouching for them is enough. There are government websites that tell people what they can do to get green card or their family members green cards. They ARE NOT telling you ALL the avenues they allow to get green cards. I know for a fact people can get green cards by methods that our government hasn't advertised.

Look Billy, you are generally knowledgeable and a valued poster here.

But you are just totally out to lunch with your info here.
Most is totally false.

One truth, but only for the case of parents.
Well known and stated that US citizens can petition for green cards for their parents.
And yes, they can do this while parents are here on visitors visa.
But this is not possible for other family members, friends, etc.

Your writing a letter and the man getting green card has nothing to do with that as a method.
The man had applied through the normal channels like all legal applicants and you had merely added some supporting documentation.
This is totally different from what impression you are giving . . . i.e.  that a person can come in illegally and get green card merely by asking people to write letters for him/her.

And sure, there are and always have been humanitarian cases . . . but those are extremely rare relative to the huge number of people who would like to pursue that path.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Visitation visa
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2019, 04:56:29 PM »

Most is totally false.

ML,

I wouldn't totally discount what Billy posted.

Offline ML

Visitation visa
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2019, 05:00:01 PM »
ML,

I wouldn't totally discount what Billy posted.

I didn't.

True than parents can be fast tracked once wife becomes citizen.

And there are always humanitarian cases.

But totally false to think that someone can bring in or meet someone here illegally and easily get them legal.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

Visitation visa
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2019, 06:55:04 PM »

ML, there are government websites that outline people's options to getting a green card. You are free to believe that is all the options available but I'm telling you from my experience there are more options to get a green card the government doesn't advertise. I was part of an unadvertised process helping an illegal alien and a very good person obtain a green card with a letter I wrote vouching for his character. I am not even a relative of that person so basically illegal aliens can get green cards with the help of people who are not even their family members.

So if you believe illegal aliens can't get a green card if their family members doesn't meet certain criteria, they can still get a green card with the assistance of people who are not their family. I've been surrounded by immigrants all my life that are in my family and working with them. I know my stories and heard theirs. People find unique ways to get legal in America and it works. Unique ways of doing things usually requires hiring an immigration attorney which costs thousands but it pumps money into the immigration justice system.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Visitation visa
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2019, 07:10:17 AM »

Most is totally false.....

.....Your writing a letter and the man getting green card has nothing to do with that as a method.

The man had applied through the normal channels like all legal applicants and you had merely added some supporting documentation.
This is totally different from what impression you are giving . . . i.e.  that a person can come in illegally and get green card merely by asking people to write letters for him/her.

Just now started reading this exchange. 

Sorry ML, I’m with Billy on this one based on experience. Our industry alone attracts a lot of illegal aliens who initially worked using faux identifications, and over time had earned enough personal merits from peers, supervisor and even companies which helped in their legalization and eventual citizenship.

It’s a little more involved than maybe the way Billy had written here, but this happens with greater frequency than folks believe. We employ 5 people who went through this process. 2 office engineers and 3 field workers. 3 are already US citizens.

Most of the female I used to know who ditched their student work/travel visas and never went back home are still here and now have legal residency, and none via asylum case, only two via marriage to US citizens. The ones I spoke with told me they earned legal residency via personal sponsorships.

It doesn’t make all these right, and likely will never be openly discussed or declared for obvious reason, but it is as true as day.

Heck, look at our society as we know today dealing with illegal aliens i.e. sanctuary cities et al. We even have local politicians shielding illegal aliens from federal enforcement. Judges, especially from progressive districts, can easily change an illegal alien status with proper accompaniment.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 07:20:21 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

Visitation visa
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »

The ones I spoke with told me they earned legal residency via personal sponsorships.

Could be; but I won't believe until I am shown all the exact circumstances and documentation leading from illegal entry or overstay up to receiving Green Card.

And I know that no one is going to present me with those documentations.

Just think if it were actually true . . . then practically everyone here would be using that avenue to bring (if the spouses agree) brothers, sisters, older children, aunts, uncles, best friends, etc. into USA in huge numbers.

It just doesn't happen.

And further, citizens of some countries (India for example) have 12-14 year waiting lists to bring in relatives.

If there were avenues as Billy and GQ state, then these people would not be waiting 12-14 years to come in.  They would merely come in on tourist visas or come across Mexican border, stay with relatives and then get several letters from family, co-workers, supervisors, etc., stating that they are really good people . . . and get Green Cards.  It simply is not happening.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 11:23:04 AM by ML »

Offline BillyB

Visitation visa
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2019, 12:30:36 PM »
I won't believe until I am shown all the exact circumstances and documentation leading from illegal entry or overstay up to receiving Green Card.

I can't show you the guy's documents but I can show you the letter I wrote on his behalf.

Dearest Immigration Judge,

Yo, yo, yo, check this out. This is coming from a US citizen. I've known Filipe for years. He's one cool cat. He's so cool he lowers the global temperature by 2 degrees Celcius. BOOM! Where are you going to find that kind of asset to America to fight Global Warming? You ain't. He's one cool Mofo so I say let him in by givin up da Green Card.

Over and Out...Respecfully,

MC BillyB

Offline jone

Visitation visa
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2019, 02:33:44 PM »
Could be; but I won't believe until I am shown all the exact circumstances and documentation leading from illegal entry or overstay up to receiving Green Card.

Just think if it were actually true . . . then practically everyone here would be using that avenue to bring (if the spouses agree) brothers, sisters, older children, aunts, uncles, best friends, etc. into USA in huge numbers.

It just doesn't happen.

And further, citizens of some countries (India for example) have 12-14 year waiting lists to bring in relatives.

If there were avenues as Billy and GQ state, then these people would not be waiting 12-14 years to come in.  They would merely come in on tourist visas or come across Mexican border, stay with relatives and then get several letters from family, co-workers, supervisors, etc., stating that they are really good people . . . and get Green Cards.  It simply is not happening.

+1

We just went through this with a gal from Ukraine.  Told everyone that she was a good addition to our country.  Had been here for fourteen years.  Rejected.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

Visitation visa
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »
We just went through this with a gal from Ukraine.  Told everyone that she was a good addition to our country.  Had been here for fourteen years.  Rejected.

The fact she went through the process to get a green card based off citizens vouching for her character means the process is available. Did she have an attorney? Is she still living in America illegally?

Offline ML

Visitation visa
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2019, 03:52:06 PM »
Note:  I have never said there is no way an illegal immigrant can get a green card.
But most of the methods we are all familiar with . . . and do not involve getting reference letters from friends, co-workers or supervisors.
Option 1 – Marriage to U.S. Citizen.  This is by far the most widely used method.
Option 2 – Service in the U.S. Military
Option 3 – Asylum.  You’ll need to show that you have been persecuted, or fear future persecution, in your home country, based on your race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group.
Option 4 – Temporary Protected Status.  Not a green card, but would allow you to stay in the United States legally for a set amount of time if you come from a country that has recently had a civil war, environmental or natural disaster.  Currently Donald is targeting this group as many have been here far past the original time frame.
Option 5 – Cancellation of Removal.  This is the only one in which reference letters are a factor.  And persons cannot just apply for this on their own.  It is available only if you are already in immigration court (removal) proceedings and facing deportation.  The requirements are very stringent and ALL must be met, not just some.  Included is:  Your removal from the U.S. would result in exceptional and extremely unusual hardship to your spouse, parent, or child who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.

Note:  There certainly are ways in which a future employer can help get a person into the country via the H1B and other programs for highly skilled workers.  But this process is not available to those who are here illegally.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Visitation visa
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2019, 08:08:18 AM »

It just doesn't happen.

Absolutely ML. If those cases were that simple, all 11-14 million illegal aliens would follow suit, right?

Heck, conventional wisdom tells everyone our immigration laws are ironclad. No ifs or buts. Like you posted, there are only 4 legal ways to obtain legal residency for an illegal alien living in the US. That much we all know. That's a very rigid guidelines.

As a fact, the latest 10s of 1000s migrant that rushed our southern border seeking asylum all knew full well they will never qualify for asylum...poverty is not a cause for seeking asylum. There's just no doubting that and they were all counting on this. Yup. This is was to prevent thousands of them from scamming our laws and society. Hell, these migrants understand this better than most US citizen, so much so thousands of them are already settling all over the contiguous 48 today.

Marriage to a US citizen, LMAO! Yup. That's very strict, too. No circumventing this one, too... :-\

Cancellation of Removal...Yup. if it weren't for all the tagged disclaimers, this is pretty darn rigid, too...

US military. There's an irony knowing our law grant citizenship to those who disregard our laws and violated our sovereignty in the first place so they can then provide security to our freedom and liberty. LMAO. Funny that, no?

Like I said above, writing reference letters, etc..Of course this is much too simple to be believed that a 'productive, contributing' illegal alien living in the US can be granted legal residency - beyond the 4 aforementioned options - that can make the case simply on the basis of their laudable time within our border.

Certainly I won't take a position of tell anyone this can be done, easily or otherwise. However, it doesn't take away the fact I've seen this happen. It's all those pesky 'special exceptions' that always seem to get in the way, you know.

Not to be absurd about this all, they've even tried to amend California law with Senate Bill 174 to allow an illegal alien to serve/elected/appointed on a state or local board commission/s. LMAO. You don't see this qualifier on that 4 federal options, do you? Doesn't mean it can't be done...

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-immigration-officeholder-20150804-story.html

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article210184089.html
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 08:25:19 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Getting a Visa not gaming the system
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2019, 08:44:19 AM »
Not true. Once a person is in the States on a tourist visa, they can apply for asylum or possibly have a family member apply for Adjustment of Status for a green card.

You and the other guys missed the point.

The point he was trying to make is that she wouldn't violate her
visa that she didn't get because she couldn't go back and forth
to Russia to see her family.

She got turned down from receiving a tourist visa three times,
because she was considered too risky and the advice should be
on how to get a tourist or other type of visa for her. Not how to
stay once she has received a Visa

The post below on the other hand an excellent and on topic point and
I encourage you to expand on this along with some advice for the OP
on how to accomplish this.

LL that stuff doesn't matter if the applicant can't pay for his or her trip.
Income is probably the number one reason people get rejected. The
tourist visa is designed to bring foreign money to America.

Our government or any government website may not say that is their
number one reason for the existence of tourist visas but it is.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 08:51:10 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

Re: Getting a Visa not gaming the system
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2019, 09:52:37 AM »
You and the other guys missed the point.

The point he was trying to make is that she wouldn't violate her
visa that she didn't get because she couldn't go back and forth
to Russia to see her family.

She got turned down from receiving a tourist visa three times,
because she was considered too risky and the advice should be
on how to get a tourist or other type of visa for her. Not how to
stay once she has received a Visa

I know the point the OP was making and I address it trying to get him to see the point of the interviewer knowing there are ways people violate their visas to remain in the US and that his SIL may could choose one of those methods and see her kids again.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2019, 10:06:36 AM »

Certainly I won't take a position of tell anyone this can be done, easily or otherwise. However, it doesn't take away the fact I've seen this happen. It's all those pesky 'special exceptions' that always seem to get in the way, you know.

Not to be absurd about this all, they've even tried to amend California law with Senate Bill 174 to allow an illegal alien to serve/elected/appointed on a state or local board commission/s. LMAO. You don't see this qualifier on that 4 federal options, do you? Doesn't mean it can't be done...

Immigration judges are allotted a lot of discretion. It's hard for an illegal alien to prove they were in America for say 10 years since they probably didn't have records utility bills, a bank account. rental agreements or on the record working a job under the table. A judge could easily accept some letters from citizens that have known them for years and the people writing the letters can be lying.

Offline donedidit

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2019, 07:10:18 AM »
Sounds like the most likely reason is her bank account is not big enough,I would like to think our government is better than that but maybe they are not.But difficult does not mean impossible,our plan now is for the three of us to meet in Valencia Spain in June for a couple weeks and early 2021 contact our congressmen,transfer funds and try again.Thanks to everyone for their input

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM