It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: writing a poem to a girl you hardly know?  (Read 16893 times)

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
writing a poem to a girl you hardly know?
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:47:49 AM »
There is a girl on a site which i contacted. After my first message she gave me her number and told me to add her on whatsapp. She was new to the site, and said she was deleting her account. We talked for around 3 hours typing, more like a non stop flow of messages, and talked on a deep level. Next day she wasn't as responsive, my guess was she found someone else she liked and was focusing on them, so i kept my distance. She is the most attractive girl on the site, so i thought it was bound to happen, somebody might of sent her their financial records, or is better looking than myself. Anyway,s 2 days later i change my whatsapp picture, nd she says "sorry i had a cold, how are you?", my picture now is a better than my previous ones i sent her, other women have told me this, but she is back to being unresponsive once again. This girl reminds me of someone i dealt with in russia, who i messaged once every 2 weeks, which looked like it was going nowhere, as she pretty much found me strange, but eventually she was all over me after a few months, and wanted to meet up. I am wondering if ukranian/russian women like playing hard to get? I might send this new girl a poem for women's day, mixed in with humor/romance, she has told me she is a romantic. She now deleted her account from the site, maybe she found someone she likes, or just fed up with the site, but if she is fed up i don't know why she won't talk to me, she was all over me saying how attractive i am, and how our interests align.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:00:25 AM by dragonkid »
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: writing a poem to a girl you hardly know?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 06:07:29 AM »
NEXT!!!!

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:23:00 AM »
NEXT!!!!

Would have agreed if i never chatted to that girl from russia, who i sent messages as jokes to wind her up, eventually she found me interesting and we were meant to meet up, but i found someone else. I would have just abandoned this girl, but i noticed that sometimes i just don't talk to people for a few days thinking they don't like me, and they end up wondering where i went. This girl is too hot to ignore, and i like her personality, she seems like a good relationship type of girl. Her pictures are naturally beautiful, without these weird poses/photoshop/photoshoots. I am just worried a poem would scare her off, even if it is a funny/romantic one.

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 07:25:08 AM »
I am wondering if ukranian/russian women like playing hard to get?

Some will keep up a wall and may try to not feign too much interest until they have completely fallen.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 07:52:34 AM »
I guess my tolerance for BS and silly games is pretty low because I can't stand dealing with that stuff anymore. I don't dish it out and don't tolerate much of it in return. No offense to Dragon as that's just the age group that he's naturally dealing with but women in their early to mid 20s.....you can keep 'em. FSUW are certainly more mature and tolerable at that age, but still the super hot ones seemingly don't know how to deal with all of the attention.

One day you'll look back and wonder how you ever dealt with all the head games. Once they get into their 30s there seems to be less of it GENERALLY SPEAKING.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 08:10:08 AM »
i get what you mean, the russian girl confused the hell out of me, towards the end she wouldn't reply to my messages, so i just left her for a while, and she would end up messaging me asking how am i etc. It was really confusing with her, which is why we only agreed in meeting, but when time came i told her i found someone else, despite people advising me to meet her just because she was hot and willing to travel and stay at my apartment. I need a girl to be all over me, otherwise i will just think she is not into me.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:12:23 AM by dragonkid »

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 08:40:10 AM »
made the poem, i find fsu women love a good poem. I will report how she reacts over the next few days.

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 09:35:10 AM »
You want a woman who is affectionate and in principle can not breathe without you.
That means you need to find one that replies as much as you want.

As for poems..... be aware that RW might know literature, that means be sure the poem is yours.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 10:02:32 AM »
You want a woman who is affectionate and in principle can not breathe without you.
That means you need to find one that replies as much as you want.

As for poems..... be aware that RW might know literature, that means be sure the poem is yours.

My poems are so terrible that they know they it is my own, no doubts about it. I just find it weird you text a girl in the morning , and she just doesn't respond, doesn't need to be constant texts, but responding once every 8 hours ain't really hard. i tend to text, if they don't respond i leave it be.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 01:37:54 PM »

Dragaonkid, poems are one of those things that can't help you much with the ladies but can scare them off thinking you're weird, especially if you haven't met them yet. I did just fine with the ladies without sending any poems.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 03:54:35 PM »
I did just fine with the ladies without sending any poems.

Depends on the quality of the girl. I had girls who i talked to 5mins, and just when i said goodnight, sent me nudes, and expected me to have a relationship with them. I sent the poem, it was mixed with humor,i lose nothing if she ignores it. If she accepts it, i managed to bag myself the hottest girl i ever met, who has a decent personality by the sounds of it.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 04:54:10 PM »
I sent the poem, it was mixed with humor,i lose nothing if she ignores it.

True.

If she accepts it, i managed to bag myself the hottest girl i ever met, who has a decent personality by the sounds of it.

You haven't met her, and you're a hell of a long way from "bagging" her.  Relax a bit, and let it flow.  If it's meant to happen, it will.  If not, there are plenty of other fish in the sea, especially the way you cast your lures.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 10:13:10 AM »
While it doesn't sound like she is serious about developing relationships at this stage of her life, one must always be cautious about translation issues.

Unless you are really fluent in Russian, and she is fluent in English, things like poetry, idioms and humour don't translate very well. By true fluency I mean that you have lived in a Russian speaking culture and have mastered the underpinnings of what makes a language work in that setting, and that she has lived in an English speaking culture and begun to understand the same, as until then neither are fluent. We men often make the mistake of thinking that she understands English just because she speaks some or even a lot, when in fact her abilities are much more limited than we imagine.

Russians and Ukrainians are generally educated folk and do love poetry -- that they can understand. You are far better off finding poetry from her country's literary masters, make certain you credit the author, and use that as your poetry offerings. Just make sure that you understand the nuances of such prose before sending it along.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 12:25:19 PM »
While it doesn't sound like she is serious about developing relationships at this stage of her life, one must always be cautious about translation issues.

Unless you are really fluent in Russian, and she is fluent in English, things like poetry, idioms and humour don't translate very well. By true fluency I mean that you have lived in a Russian speaking culture and have mastered the underpinnings of what makes a language work in that setting, and that she has lived in an English speaking culture and begun to understand the same, as until then neither are fluent. We men often make the mistake of thinking that she understands English just because she speaks some or even a lot, when in fact her abilities are much more limited than we imagine.

Russians and Ukrainians are generally educated folk and do love poetry -- that they can understand. You are far better off finding poetry from her country's literary masters, make certain you credit the author, and use that as your poetry offerings. Just make sure that you understand the nuances of such prose before sending it along.

She is a translator, my humor doesn't go well with people who aren't fluent in english, but i still like to muck about (some random girl)

For you who don't understand, i said "sorry for the shit sex", asked another friend to help me with my russian.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 03:26:07 AM by Boethius »

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 02:04:50 PM »
I very often help translators understand English. That is the one category of "English speaker" in the FSU that I trust least when it comes to translations. I'd bet a Billion dollars that once she moves to an English speaking country, her English will change dramatically--it takes time, but to be fluent in another tongue one must live in and absorb the culture that underpins the language.

Good luck with the poetry.  :D
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 02:46:28 PM »
she liked the poem, she gave me this response about deleting her account

"I have never wanted to to make a profile on such sites. I tried it. And as I thought there are a lot of fakes. And also one more reason people that can't be liked by me. Maybe it's about long time, then it's possible that people find someone for themselves. But I don't really believe so much in that possibility."

Safe to say she is not interested, she went back to being unresponsive. I am really baffled why she asked for my number, had a deep convo, went to bed, and suddenly changed. She kept calling my casanova, some of these women are confusing

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 02:21:10 AM »
I have a mid 20s daughter (Russian) and viewing her, and many of her friends, I would seldom recommend marriage to a Russian gal that young. There are exceptions, but you have to carefully vet every lady in the process.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 03:28:34 AM »
I have a mid 20s daughter (Russian) and viewing her, and many of her friends, I would seldom recommend marriage to a Russian gal that young. There are exceptions, but you have to carefully vet every lady in the process.

Agreed, at 20-25 finding a woman is like being in a minefield. I have no choice, i tasted a bit of russian women, now i can't go back to women around here. I am just going to have to take my time with this, i am sure i can find some legit women, but i need to screen through lots of women. I look at some of the guys profiles on these sites, and they point out how much they earn (99% of time is bogus), my approach is to just come across really well and see which women bite. The ones that do are mostly attracted to what i wrote, and how i look, which i think is a solid base to start a relationship.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:38:06 AM by dragonkid »

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 08:07:11 AM »
I am really baffled why she asked for my number, had a deep convo, went to bed, and suddenly changed. She kept calling my casanova, some of these women are confusing

Because she's in her early to mid-20s, that's why. Sorry, but you're going to have to go through more women to find a geniune and sane one that's got her $hit together, than those of us searching for women that are 30+. It's just an undeniable truth.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:05:06 AM by GuppyCaptain »

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 09:09:40 AM »
Because she's in her early to mid-20s, that's why. Sorry, but you're going to have to go through more women to find a genius and sane one that's got her $hit together, than those of us searching for women that are 30+. It's just an undeniable truth.

The truth be known he can find ample airheads in the 30+ bracket and up, too  :devil:

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 10:10:29 AM »
Of course, but I think you'll agree that GENERALLY speaking, once women leave their 20s for their 30s there is a change in attitude and seriousness (FSUW or WM). I just think he's truly fighting an uphill battle trying to find a woman that's ready to be AND suitable to be a wife when he's dating 20-25 year olds. Also, at the risk of offending Dragon, he's nowhere near being ready to be married, at least not for the long term. Sorry amigo......

* Btw, I corrected previous post to read "genuine" and not "genius".

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 10:18:52 AM »
Of course, but I think you'll agree that GENERALLY speaking, once women leave their 20s for their 30s there is a change in attitude and seriousness (FSUW or WM). I just think he's truly fighting an uphill battle trying to find a woman that's ready to be AND suitable to be a wife when he's dating 20-25 year olds. Also, at the risk of offending Dragon, he's nowhere near being ready to be married, at least not for the long term. Sorry amigo......

* Btw, I corrected previous post to read "genuine" and not "genius".

Oh yes, I heartily agree. In fact I'd go so far as say he's pissing in the wind. What he should do IMHO, is date the local 20-25 year olds. The 20-25 or even 20-29 yr olds in FSU and England or America isn't much different. Also, at that age there is plenty of beauty, ladies in the parlor and whores in the bedroom to go around.

He started out looking to get laid and found it quite easy to do in Russia and, it is. The way he's going about it it is time consuming and expensive. He now "says" he wants to get married but what he needs to be doing is sowing his seed at home. I'd say he's still too horny to attempt to think with the big head

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 11:30:53 AM »
You are all right, i am not really ready. If i did get married i will probably fuck it up, but i don't want to be in the UK messing with girls i don't like. In my head i want to fuck, but in my heart i want to settle and have a family.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 11:57:51 AM »
You are all right, i am not really ready. If i did get married i will probably fuck it up, but i don't want to be in the UK messing with girls i don't like. In my head i want to fuck, but in my heart i want to settle and have a family.

One day the two will coexist in the same parts of your body. Then you'll be ready young Jedi  ;D

In the meantime you can still travel East, learn the culture and language there to some extent, and not bother with the your local women. You're doing the same thing that I'm guilty of at times, putting pressure on yourself to make a decision and formulate an absolute plan RIGHT NOW. Do what I do to myself when I get like that..... :cluebat:

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 02:13:10 PM »

I too encourage you to go to the FSU. Learn, live, date. Also, continue to date the local babes at home. When you meet "the woman" it will begin to all make sense. You'll want to be married "to her" and all the poontang your leaving on the table will be meaningless and her's is the one you'll be thinking of  ;D

Offline I/O

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 02:21:20 PM »
that's just the age group that he's naturally dealing with but women in their early to mid 20s.....you can keep 'em. FSUW are certainly more mature and tolerable at that age
Disagree - been married to one for longer than I can remember now and they are no different to any other breed in that area. Young FSU women are just as full of girly BS as any other and it's takes a lot of putting up with. The trick is picking the ones who'll grow out of it if you are stupid enough to venture into the younger women market and even more stupidly, add a major age gap to that...

Offline Ludmila

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 11:22:46 PM »
i get what you mean, the russian girl confused the hell out of me, towards the end she wouldn't reply to my messages, so i just left her for a while, and she would end up messaging me asking how am i etc. It was really confusing with her, which is why we only agreed in meeting, but when time came i told her i found someone else, despite people advising me to meet her just because she was hot and willing to travel and stay at my apartment. I need a girl to be all over me, otherwise i will just think she is not into me.

Please, elaborate, what you mean by being "all over me". Are you ready to be all over her? And answer what "being all over somebody  AND FOR HOW LONG :-) means according to you.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 02:03:21 AM »
Dragonkid, Ludamila's question is a great lesson on how easily our English idioms creep into everyday usage, and also how most FSU folk have no way of understand them because language is an extension of a culture, and idioms generally require an intimate knowledge of the culture from which a language lives and breaths in order to be understood.

Offline ML

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 02:36:39 PM »
To be 'all over' someone means that you no longer care about them and have moved on in your life.

This can happen even as you two were previously 'all over' each other in terms of physical touching, wrestling, performing 27 of the 30 kamasutra positions, etc.

These two are also different from being 'over' someone.

If the woman bends over the kitchen sink, pulls down her panties, and asks you to get 'over' her . . . it doesn't mean she wants you to forget her.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 09:07:14 AM »

Just saw this.

This is so typical of the narcissistic, me-first generation of today. "I'm entitled to a hot babe because it's me and I deserve it. No need to work on developing feelings. That's for losers."

:rolleyes:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline TomT

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 09:21:12 AM »
This is so typical of the narcissistic, me-first generation of today. "I'm entitled to a hot babe because it's me and I deserve it. No need to work on developing feelings. That's for losers."

It could also reflect a cultural attitude that is prevalent amongst people of Middle-eastern origin, such as Iranians.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 09:25:56 AM »

Just saw this.

:rolleyes:

Oh and you old guys are any better?

"I'm entitled to a hot babe because it's me and I have a little bit of money, so sit right there and let me tell you how good my life is. here is a picture of me in my boat, he is a picture of my house, here is a picture of me taking a shit in my boat,which is parked at my house.."

Do not turn this to old vs young

Offline Muzh

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 09:44:19 AM »

Oh and you old guys are any better?

"I'm entitled to a hot babe because it's me and I have a little bit of money, so sit right there and let me tell you how good my life is. here is a picture of me in my boat, he is a picture of my house, here is a picture of me taking a shit in my boat,which is parked at my house.."

Do not turn this to old vs young

LMFAO

Bud, as you grow older, you will realize that you are entitled to jackshit. Everything you'll get in life is EARNED. Including female affection. Right now, all you are demonstrating is that you have a lot to learn. Which is fine. The imbecilic act would be to disregard any advice because "I'm always right" typical of young know-nothings.

Good luck, and I mean that sincerely.

P.S. Don't be offended. I have a 22 yo just like you and it's been a long haul with him.  ;)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline TomT

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2016, 05:48:39 PM »
I have a 22 yo just like you and it's been a long haul with him.

Not all kids have the advantage of having a father who values women, honesty, integrity, commitment and work ethic. Some are burdened with multiple issues such as dysfunctional cultures, inadequate parenting and are instilled with an aggrandized sense of self-worth.

Sam's tendency to ignore people who touch upon key issues speaks volumes and I have the sense that he thinks that his audience is stupid, senile and inferior.       

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2016, 07:05:02 AM »
To be 'all over' someone means that you no longer care about them and have moved on in your life.

..and poor Ludmilla was confused  :D

ML

I believe DGs 'all over' was meant to be the latter of your explanations

This can happen even as you two were previously 'all over' each other in terms of physical touching, wrestling, performing 27 of the 30 kamasutra positions, etc.

As in 'into me' ?

So, tonight I'm going to get pissed, after eating out at a nice restaurant - hope I won't be dying for a fag...

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Deasonstacy

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2016, 12:49:43 AM »
Sex on mind and relationship in heart, you are quite a confused person, well keep looking for girls online and offline, one day you may get a mate who will be able to fulfill both your desires.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2016, 01:05:52 AM »
Sex on mind and relationship in heart, you are quite a confused person, well keep looking for girls online and offline, one day you may get a mate who will be able to fulfill both your desires.

I believe all girls like sex.....

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2016, 03:16:47 AM »
I believe all girls like sex.....

Women, possibly.  Girls?  Depends very much on their age, I would have thought.

Offline Deasonstacy

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2016, 11:15:59 PM »
Yes, Dragonkid, women do like sex, but I think most of them don't have sex on their mind.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2016, 02:39:54 PM »
Yes, Dragonkid, women do like sex, but I think most of them don't have sex on their mind.

You mean "like the majority of men do." Right?  ;)

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2016, 03:01:22 PM »

You've obviously never met me. Women tell me when they are around me, sex is aaallllwwwwaaaaayyyyysssss on their minds.  :D

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2016, 05:46:40 PM »
 :offtopic: :tmi: :rolleyes:
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541276
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701