It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Possible scam correspondence  (Read 6630 times)

Offline cameraguymn

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Possible scam correspondence
« on: January 01, 2020, 10:10:09 PM »
So I've been corresponding with this very lovely lady for some time now and I probably know better but I'm hoping that it'll be real.

Her English is very good, even uses some American idioms. She sends me lots of photos - some professional quality and poses and a few phone quality and a few regular photos with family. I like the personality that I see through the emails and her smile would launch a thousand ships across the ocean and continent.

She's from Krasnodon Ukraine and so phone calls don't get through and life is a bit chaotic. She's given me her phone and address but I've yet to connect with her on the phone. No answer.

She mentioned use of internet cafe so some guys (from the other forum) have said that those don't exist anymore but with blind faith and hope perhaps that's where she gets online in the region.

It's been two weeks of corresponding and things are going well but I'm a little nervous with so many posed and professional photos and of course not being able to get her on the phone and the internet cafe remark. I get 2-4 photos every email. And she has a gmail account so that is a little curious.

Some context: I've been to Ukraine and Russia several times in the past and have had a few girlfriends from there who were wonderful and probably should have put a ring on them but I was young and well...a kid in a candy store and thought there'd be an endless supply of beautiful talented women coming along. Then I struck up relationships stateside and forgot about the Slavic beauties. I've traveled the world and respect and am interested in Russian/Ukrainian literature, history and politics. So back in the game.

Any advice would be appreciated and I'd love to hear some of you all's thoughts.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Possible scam correspondence
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 12:13:27 AM »
On a scale of 1-10, this sounds like 2

Anything based solely on emails is not worth it nowadays.

Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 12:28:08 AM »
Sounds like Boris to me.  Absent talking to her on WhatsApp with video, she probably needs a shave.  Hell, it could be me and you wouldn't know the difference.  Your belief in 'her' misfortunes is your undoing.  Every woman, well almost every woman, of marriage age has a smart phone.  To believe anything else is stupidity.   Especially with American idioms and copious pictures.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 01:14:59 AM »
Avoid all women from the combat zone

As a result no problem of phone or problem with internet
No problem to leave their city no problem of taxi, no problem of autorization
No problem they are suddenly detained by the local milice and you are invited to send 2000$

WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE women in the combat zone that probably represents probably no more than 0.01% of the total of women available in all FSU ?????  :deadhorse:
Those combat zone are the perfect pretext for scammers to hide their game.

MAY YOU UNDERSTAND THIS ?

No correspondance with women in those combat zone and really less problems. You will face enough problems to marry an FSU women so don't add more.
And how are you going to handle all the legal work with documents to get her married?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:17:27 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Gator

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 05:42:39 AM »

Excellent point, Pat. 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 07:37:59 AM »

WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE women in the combat zone that probably represents probably no more than 0.01% of the total of women available in all FSU ?????  :deadhorse:

Yet 90% of the scammers are from there (or claim to be from there).
So men get letters from women claiming to be from there. They send
you letters with lots of photos, to keep you on the hook.

Desperate women tend to act desperately, so don't go after desperate
women. Once they aren't desperate then they act differently. If you
want to help these women then find a charity and give them money
but keep romance totally out of it.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 07:41:13 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
yeah seems like good pretext to cover up a lot of issues.

but man - sure would love to meet the real lady in the pictures.

I know better but what would it hurt to spend a few minutes typing a few things a day to keep the creative correspondence. I'll be waiting and preparing for the ask...

As a result no problem of phone or problem with internet
No problem to leave their city no problem of taxi, no problem of autorization
No problem they are suddenly detained by the local milice and you are invited to send 2000$

Those combat zone are the perfect pretext for scammers to hide their game.

MAY YOU UNDERSTAND THIS ?

No correspondance with women in those combat zone and really less problems. You will face enough problems to marry an FSU women so don't add more.
And how are you going to handle all the legal work with documents to get her married?

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 08:27:54 AM »
yeah seems like good pretext to cover up a lot of issues.

but man - sure would love to meet the real lady in the pictures.

I know better but what would it hurt to spend a few minutes typing a few things a day to keep the creative correspondence. I'll be waiting and preparing for the ask...

There's no telling who she is. The photos are used most likely, because she looks good and enticing. Might be a girlfriend of the scammer, an innocent bystander who's photos were stolen or on the slight chance it is her, then she's a scammer. Chances are high your dealing with a dude. From what you've stated your only contact has been email. You've tried to call or skype but to no avail? Move on from this one and don't give it another thought. Even ladies in a war zone have internet and if her intentions were true, she'd be contacting you other than email.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 08:59:36 AM »
T has to go to Donetsk a few times a year.  No problem communication with her via Whatsapp there.  Text, voice, video - they all work.

There should be no reason you can't get her on her phone via Whatsapp or Viber.

Otherwise, what everyone else said.

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 10:22:15 AM »
You can learn more about a FSU girl in 5 minutes on her social media page than 500 emails.

VK has a really good search function. If you know her first name, her age, (birthday is even better) and her city, you usually have a decent chance of finding her VK page. With that said, Ukraine banned VK a couple years ago. Some girls still get on it with a VPN, but you may only be able to find an old account.

Facebook is more common for Ukrainian girls, but you need to know her first and last name to look for her FB page.

FSU girls are starting to get on Instagram too.

Ask her for her social media page. If she says she doesn't have one, she's probably fake. Pretty much all FSU girls of marrying age have a social media page.

There are also reverse image searches you can do. I think Tineye is the name of one. Search her photos and see if they show up anywhere else.

Trust, but verify.

Offline msmob

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 10:53:21 AM »
Most women from the 'disputed' areas of Ukraine...that's Crimea and E.Ukraine aren't looking for a western guy and would not expect you to visit them in their home city on a visit...knowing the 'crap' you'd get at check-points

We have read members who have gone via Russia...

It is not a deal breaker ... The scammer type will show their colours fast enough.

I met a woman from S'donetsk in 2006 who was perfectly lovely.. Not a scamming bone in her body.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 04:28:38 PM by msmob »

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 11:21:23 AM »
All very reasonable and smart feedback.

My guess is that the pictures are stolen or this person actually knows the real person so they have access to the photos.

For curiosity sake I tried tinyeye but it didn't have have hits for her pictures. But it also showed nothing for my facebook picture of my dog or other facebook pictures I've posted on social media so not too confident about that image reverse search platform.

I supposed I'll see if we can arrange for a video call date at her internet cafe. I'd like to do this before the inevitable email about a relative in a dire emergency that needs financial assistance.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 11:27:05 AM »
Lesson learned - don't write to any women in Eastern Ukraine. Don't even look at their profile.

It seems this is a game of who is most right for you right now as opposed to who is actually right for you.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »
Lesson learned - don't write to any women in Eastern Ukraine. Don't even look at their profile.

It seems this is a game of who is most right for you right now as opposed to who is actually right for you.

Every scammer has an idea that they are right for you. Any woman that may be right for you is more than willing to communicate with you. They won't need an internet cafe. Many to most carry a smart phones and have internet access. You have red flags all over the place from this one. It's best to just move along and find a real woman with good intentions. Stop wasting your time with scamming of any sort.

That said, you needn't exclude women from Eastern Ukraine unless you just want to. It's not the region, it's the woman or as in this case the scammer. If a woman has interest and good intentions with you neither worn torn regions or internet will stop you from learning all about her. This ain't the 90's brah. Open visual communication can and does happen in an instant

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 11:57:26 AM »
I get 2-4 photos every email.

Normal women don't behave like that.

I've yet to connect with her on the phone. No answer.

In the past, I've had trouble connecting with women who had land lines. Sometimes I'd get through and sometimes not. These days it seems everybody has a mobile phone and you should be able to connect if not by phone, through app.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 12:07:52 PM »
I know this is crazy debatable but between Russia and Ukraine - Ukrainian women wins hands down.

I expect this correspondence to find clarity and truth within the week.

Every scammer has an idea that they are right for you. Any woman that may be right for you is more than willing to communicate with you. They won't need an internet cafe. Many to most carry a smart phones and have internet access. You have red flags all over the place from this one. It's best to just move along and find a real woman with good intentions. Stop wasting your time with scamming of any sort.

That said, you needn't exclude women from Eastern Ukraine unless you just want to. It's not the region, it's the woman or as in this case the scammer. If a woman has interest and good intentions with you neither worn torn regions or internet will stop you from learning all about her. This ain't the 90's brah. Open visual communication can and does happen in an instant

Offline jone

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2020, 01:12:34 PM »
Mostly you just won't hear anything back when the 'woman' is challenged.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2020, 01:35:34 PM »
I know this is crazy debatable but between Russia and Ukraine - Ukrainian women wins hands down.

I expect this correspondence to find clarity and truth within the week.

You've been given both clarity and truth already from your question. Are you sure you want it, at all? Some guys get in a trance with those pretty pictures, flowery hopeful emails and fall in love with playing that game. So much to the point that they refuse to hear the truth. Your not the first one to come here to this forum seeking this info.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2020, 03:52:33 PM »
You've been given both clarity and truth already from your question. Are you sure you want it, at all? Some guys get in a trance with those pretty pictures, flowery hopeful emails and fall in love with playing that game. So much to the point that they refuse to hear the truth. Your not the first one to come here to this forum seeking this info.

+5
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline jone

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2020, 03:58:36 PM »
It is really a numbers game.  A good scammer can keep thirty to forty email conversations going.  While I do not specifically condone this, for obvious reasons, we could do an exercise whereby some of us, over a period of time, all contact the same scammer and relay to the forum the email exchanges that occur.   My guess is that they would be pretty uniform and that only as the 'relationships' develop would the scammer actually vary the dialogue. 

Still, in the end, it would be a learning experience for the uninitiated.  And the scammer would ultimately get to the position of soliciting funds for >>>>>> (fill in the blank).

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2020, 04:40:48 PM »

Cameradewd,

Look at the title of the thread, which you named  "Possible scam correspondence"
I didn't name the thread, you had some suspicions or you would have named it
differently.

I'm married now but I used to get letters from hot white nurses who were
trapped in Ghana and needed my help to get out. I never replied to them
and maybe I was their only hope, but I doubt it.

I've written thousands of women during my search process. I made a zillion
mistakes but I also learned a few things by reading about the experiences of others. 

I don't know you, or your exact situation or anything except what you've
written. Right now there are 39 people reading this thread only 4 of which
have gone to the trouble to sign up.

When I write a response, I write my advice generically so that those other
newbies can learn from it as well.

There are several things that serious and interested FSUW do.
1. They find a way If they need to hang a coat hanger
out the window with their toes to get better reception they do.
They will have an old phone rebuilt, they will borrow their
sisters/cousins/aunties/old college friends computer if their
computer is broken. They find a way. The will offer solutions
like I can't talk between 7am and 10am but you can call me
at X, Y and Z times. They will help their friend wax their butt
crack or braid her hair or her nails in exchange for some free
translation.

2. They rarely make excuses They will find a solution instead.
However, a non serious girl or scammer will have 50 excuses and no
solutions and will say that they can't chat or video chat.

3. A serious girl will want to see you, your face and hear your voice
and video chat with you.
They will want to look at your expressions
when you say stuff. They will want to hear the tenor and tone of your
voice.

4. They won't ask you to spend money unless it's absolutely necessary.
Even if they need it they won't ask for it or accept it, because that's how
good girls think.

Anytime you don't experience these four things you should suspect that
something isn't right.

Lastly, when you ask questions you will get many opinions and various
advice. Some of the opinions and advice will be better than others. Your
job is to read all of it and sift through what you think is the good stuff 
that fits your personality, goals and situation and ignore the rest. Don't 
get offended, since that won't help you with your goals.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline rwd123

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2020, 04:53:59 PM »
Pat is correct - do not date from the combat zone. Not just because you're unlikely to visit as a foreigner, but it makes (potential) family visits problematic in the future - an event may lead to border closures. Plus there's an elevated risk of mental health issues.

2tallbill nails it again!

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2020, 04:58:59 PM »
you new guys, just leave me shaking my head...

all right, you new guys just listen up...
I am sick and tired of writing your mamas
letters of condolences...

so pay attention to what I’m about to tell ya!

Rule #1
before you do ANYTHING you verify a woman with a video chat...
if you can’t get past this simple hurdle, then move on!!

Rule #2
don’t forget about Rule #1

BIGGEST RED FLAG that there is - not being able to verify her...

you just fell into the very first, most basic scammer trap that there is...
LEARN to recognize them, so you don’t end up in a body bag...

why do you want to do things this way?
this is EXACTLY the results you would expect to get...

but you CAN avoid all this EASILY and get the women to COME TO YOU!

you can “run yourself up a flag pole”
and see who salutes it!!!!

and there’s your huckleberries!

maybe...
I’ll show you a TOTALLY SLY way to GET LOTS of ATTENTION from Russian Women...
I don’t know if I should be so generous with y’all...
I’ll think about it...

BTW, I am currently tracking 7 iphones in Donbass!
EVERY adult has a phone there!
everything works just fine there - even viber, Skype isn't blocked either...
I get good video quality to/from there
even through a VPN
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 05:13:38 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2020, 06:41:08 PM »
Once again, excluding someone because of their location alone is DAFT 'advice'..

The Lugansk region of Ukraine had long had a reputation for 'hairy boris' correspondence, but there are / were genuine ladies there.

For sure, if they claim 'poor internet connectivity' ..run Forest RUN .

The days of long power cuts and cell sites down are long past...

I cannot recall where Beel posted ( within the last few hours)..but if the lady is interested..she'll  find a way to respond... even if it means forming an antenna from a coat hanger.

Offline ML

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2020, 07:39:19 PM »

For sure, if they claim 'poor internet connectivity' ..run Forest RUN .

Wife and I recently watched Forrest Gump, she for the first time.

Next day she was telling Chinese student about watching the movie.

The girl immediately said, run Forrest run.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2020, 08:36:31 PM »
Wife and I recently watched Forrest Gump, she for the first time.

Wife and I watch Forrest Gump last week. You and I just had our anniversaries. What's next?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 12:40:36 AM »

Your future soulmate is out there somewhere. If she is from Krapistan, go to
Krapistan learn a little bit of Kapit (the language) and win her heart. Ukrainian
women are not better than ________________ (enter country here)
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Omega82

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2020, 07:15:18 PM »
is this the same camera guy that went to lake Baikal in the early 1990's? 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2020, 08:10:11 PM »
No. That was 'Marty'. He came by here not too long ago, but disappeared again.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2020, 08:51:50 PM »
Okay I finally and totally believed it was all a lie. Her email and stolen pictures are on scam dating website.

Thanks everyone for warning me. I thought I smarter than this having gone to Ukraine 3 times already.

Offline ML

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2020, 09:33:04 AM »
Okay I finally and totally believed it was all a lie. Her email and stolen pictures are on scam dating website.

Thanks everyone for warning me. I thought I smarter than this having gone to Ukraine 3 times already.

Don't flagellate yourself too much !!

We men are always under the influence of pussy power; so it's hard to keep a clear head and logical thinking.

One thing that I did when searching thousands of profiles on various dating sites . . .

Screen for the characteristics you want (height, weight, education, drinking, smoking, children or not, etc.  . . . and don't even look at pictures during this first screening.

When you start out contacting because of 'looks' then you are really under the influence of pussy power.

Note:  Not saying you did screen by 'looks' first; just a general statement by me.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
One of the keys to success
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2020, 11:40:38 AM »
When you start out contacting because of 'looks' then you are really under the influence of pussy power.

Note:  Not saying you did screen by 'looks' first; just a general statement by me.

Or consider an alternative.

Screen 100 women by looks making sure that all of them are
hot enough to be the future Mrs___________ (your name here),
so then you also take looks out of the equation.

I agree that most men aren't able to resist pursuing the hottest
woman who will write them back. The trick is learning how to
dump a woman who lacks the character, interest, brains or whatever
to be the future Mrs ____________(your name here) no matter how
hot she is.

Once a man learns to dump a blazingly hot woman is the day he learns
how to find the best girl.

Above all you want a "Good Girl" who is really interested in you romantically.

That's my two kopecks on the subject.

I wouldn't advise writing/pursuing a gal that you don't think is hot.

[Edit to add] 

After rereading ML's post I realize he said "first screening" so as
long as you don't write any girl that doesn't pass the looks test
then I don't have any problem with his approach.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 11:47:26 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2245
Total: 2256

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM