It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The state of the situation where you are?  (Read 3583 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The state of the situation where you are?
« on: July 01, 2020, 12:08:41 PM »
So with the likelihood of the situation at large taking a turn for the worse in most people's backyard in the near future I thought it might be of interest for people here to get a comparative idea of how it is looking elsewhere. Generally mostly in terms of likely economic meltdown and societal turmoil that could ensue.

Here in the UK there has been 12,000 job losses announced in the last 2 days. I see that this is only the beginning murmurings that lay ahead and things are likely to get far, far worse in the next few months.

On top of that our government seems to be making the idiotic move to allow citizenship for nearly 3 million Hong Kongers. I see this as an idiotic move when we already have a housing crises and no jobs on offer with high unemployment. To my mind this will only make matters even worse in this country in the next few years.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
The state of the situation where you are?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 02:32:56 PM »
In the USA the June jobs report comes out tomorrow (July 2nd).
They are expecting about 3.1M jobs were added in June.

If you want to check tomorrow (July 2nd) go here
http://www.bls.gov/schedule/news_release/empsit.htm

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:34:38 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Re: The state of the situation where you are?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:02:36 PM »
In the USA the June jobs report comes out tomorrow (July 2nd).
They are expecting about 3.1M jobs were added in June.

If you want to check tomorrow (July 2nd) go here
http://www.bls.gov/schedule/news_release/empsit.htm

Added? Did even more go the previous month?

I would find it surprising if jobs were actually up unless everyone were getting into the medical sector.

Thanks though Bill I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 03:17:52 PM »
On top of that our government seems to be making the idiotic move to allow citizenship for nearly 3 million Hong Kongers. I see this as an idiotic move when we already have a housing crises and no jobs on offer with high unemployment. To my mind this will only make matters even worse in this country in the next few years.

When America gets involved overseas whether it's Vietnam, Iraq, or Somalia, we adopt many citizens from those nations. 3 million is a lot for your nation to take on. How's your Cantonese?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 03:31:09 PM »
When America gets involved overseas whether it's Vietnam, Iraq, or Somalia, we adopt many citizens from those nations. 3 million is a lot for your nation to take on. How's your Cantonese?

Lol, well I'm hoping they won't move into my area. I can just see the Triad coming here with them and a big rivalry going down on the drug scene between them and black drug gangs. Now that won't be a pretty scene, what our governments inflict upon us :wallbash:

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 03:55:46 PM »
Added? Did even more go the previous month?

I would find it surprising if jobs were actually up unless everyone were getting into the medical sector.

Thanks though Bill I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Yes, the largest two months in US History. Although you have
to understand a lot of jobs were lost during the shut down.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 04:06:34 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline I/O

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 11:44:06 PM »
It's been a soft impact here because Gov't coffers were well enough cashed up to dish out a fair amount of relief cash. That's about to come to an end so the next few months could get a bit hairy...

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 03:32:20 AM »
Lol, well I'm hoping they won't move into my area. I can just see the Triad coming here with them and a big rivalry going down on the drug scene between them and black drug gangs. Now that won't be a pretty scene, what our governments inflict upon us :wallbash:

Trench the xenophobe, who seeks a foreign wife, strikes again ..

The British made a commitment to HK, long ago .. know your history ..

Offline Gator

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 04:52:42 AM »
It's been a soft impact here because Gov't coffers were well enough cashed up to dish out a fair amount of relief cash. That's about to come to an end so the next few months could get a bit hairy...

Hi I/O,

The good news is the "land downunder" has avoided the infection surges seen in the US and some other countries.

Splendid to see your name.

Offline Gator

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 05:13:08 AM »
I/O mentioned "Gov't coffers."

The US keeps spending and borrowing, with more to come.  And the Fed has given no sign of slowing the growth of debt.

The debt issue is not limited to the Federal government.  Many states and cities will face a budget crisis. 

It is not just the government.

At the end of May non-financial corporate debt in the United States stood at .... 48.7% of gross domestic product. That’s the highest level in records that go back to 1950.

Household debt stood at more than 75% of GDP.

I anticipate record defaults. 

Meanwhile, the US Congress will be in session for only three weeks between now and September 7.  And when in session, it is paralyzed.

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 08:09:46 AM »
We live in a very rural state with very low population and low population density.

As logical result, we have one of lowest incidences of Corona compared to all other states in USA.

If it weren't for some concentrations in Nursing homes, and stupid kids going to Myrtle Beach and bringing it back . . . we would have virtually zero cases.

Pretty good local compliance with masks, except for the obvious idiots.

We miss going to restaurants and even McDs, but have stuck it out so far.

Have picked up Chicken McNuggets a few times under idea that it was least touched by human hands.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 08:58:52 AM »
The US keeps spending and borrowing, with more to come.  And the Fed has given no sign of slowing the growth of debt.

The debt issue is not limited to the Federal government.  Many states and cities will face a budget crisis. 

America added tons of money to the IMF. A few months ago around 90 nations applied for loans. A lot of nations will be owing us. They may pay interest or be inspired to buy American products. America may turn out to be stronger after this crisis.

There's talk of giving another stimulus check around $1200-$2000 for every adult. Democrats can use the election coming up as leverage to get freebies approved by Republicans and Trump.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 11:29:10 AM »
Trench the xenophobe, who seeks a foreign wife, strikes again ..

The British made a commitment to HK, long ago .. know your history ..

It's not xenophobia, it's how much room we have in terms of housing and how well society at large can get on with one another. As we see from the US example a lot of different cultures together can be pushed too far and at its worst end up in ethnic gang warfare over drugs, etc.

There was no clear commitment made that Hong Kongers would be entitled to British Citizenship because they held a British overseas passport. Our government should be looking to be as restrictive as possible in immigration giving the housing crises we have and the large size of our population already. Fine if people want to bring a spouse in but we really don't need anyone else here, we're creaking at the rafters already.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 11:31:24 AM »
Latest news today Caffe Rouge and Bella Italia restaurant chains have gone into administration Sona few more thousand jobs lost. Chubby girls in the UK must be beside themselves lamenting the loss of their world crumbling before their eyes ;D

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 12:58:54 PM »
Latest news today Caffe Rouge and Bella Italia restaurant chains have gone into administration Sona few more thousand jobs lost. Chubby girls in the UK must be beside themselves lamenting the loss of their world crumbling before their eyes ;D

You forgot Airbus... 1500 jobs gone in the UK ..there'll be more and ultimately a pull out .. Good ol'Brexit' ..

It's not xenophobia, it's how much room we have in terms of housing and how well society at large can get on with one another. As we see from the US example a lot of different cultures together can be pushed too far and at its worst end up in ethnic gang warfare over drugs, etc.

There was no clear commitment made that Hong Kongers would be entitled to British Citizenship because they held a British overseas passport. Our government should be looking to be as restrictive as possible in immigration giving the housing crises we have and the large size of our population already. Fine if people want to bring a spouse in but we really don't need anyone else here, we're creaking at the rafters already.

Where DO you get your 'info', Trench ?   The Equiv of Rhoosh 'news' ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 07:03:05 AM »
Many measures announced today by the Chancellor in the UK to kick start the economy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-53333253

Big question mark remains over how they will get all this money back. Already the UK is set to be around an extra £300bn in debt due to the Coronavirus & Furlough scheme, lost tax revenue, etc. These extra measures could cost anywhere between £30-100bn extra depending upon uptake. I feel though that a lot of it will be a damp squid an not amount to much as uptake will likely not be great. I don't think the £1k bonus for keeping workers on till January will get a lot of uptake, Employers will do the maths and it won't weigh in heavy enough.

I think the UK government like most governments around the world risk either heavy taxes on the horizon and much backlash. Some governments are likely to even be facing bankruptcy over this.

Myself if I were Chancellor I would look to cut costs by saving on the education sector. Most of the learning can be done at home these days and kids have always hated school anyway. One Primary school and one secondary school could remain open covering what could be usually 3 or 4 schools. The kids would go in one day a week to touch base with all their subject teachers and for them to check up work is being done. The rest of the lessons would be done through You Tube type of videos, etc. If you consider how many fewer teachers you would need and less school buildings to maintain the government could save a fortune. Far better than screwing the economy over with high taxes I reckon.

Offline ML

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 09:57:10 AM »
I reported earlier about our low incidence of Covid in this relatively rural area.
But students did bring it back from beach last month.
And another outbreak occurred in several bars downtown in college district earlier this week.
Now our rate of infection is soaring.
Up 67% in one day.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 01:38:49 PM »
I reported earlier about our low incidence of Covid in this relatively rural area.
But students did bring it back from beach last month.
And another outbreak occurred in several bars downtown in college district earlier this week.
Now our rate of infection is soaring.
Up 67% in one day.

Wow, that shows that a lot of people congregating together can spread it fast. Must be a pain now having that situation on your hands. I'm living in a relatively low risk area (so far) so a big percentage increase in cases would be a real pain.

Unfortunately I can see that on the cards. At present throughout the UK (minus Leicester) cases are generally in decline. That makes it safer moving about and doing stuff, not least to say less bother from restrictions, etc. Today I was out though at it was heaving around the retail parks. I was just getting some much needed DIY supplies and as usual used my professional rubber mask and gloves. Hopefully I won't get it but I can see many people getting it, just too many people about to keep the likelihood of infection down.

I reckon far more non person contact style of business being needed in the future if we don't crack this virus one way or another.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2020, 12:52:15 PM »
Latest jobs to go in the UK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53348519

Early days so already the signs are bad, many thousands of jobs already going over the past few days. Likely to increase the nearer to October we get. The Furlough scheme ends then but already starts winding down in August hence some announcements probably intended for then.

Offline msmob

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2020, 01:20:01 PM »
I'm living in a relatively low risk area (so far) so a big percentage increase in cases would be a real pain.

So much for Trench's low risk area .. :popcorn:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12047841/merthyr-tydfil-uk-coronavirus-hot-spot-leicester/

COVID CLUSTER Merthyr Tydfil could be UK’s new coronavirus hotspot as data shows infection rate is now worse than Leicester

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2020, 03:59:16 PM »
You're forgetting Mobers, I spend part of my week in Dorset, one of the lowest infected areas for Coronavirus to date ;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2020, 09:51:28 PM »
You're forgetting Mobers, I spend part of my week in Dorset, one of the lowest infected areas for Coronavirus to date ;)

Nice fail,

1/ You've been busy travelling back and forth to a part of Wales with the highest incidence in the UK .. VERY near to you ..

2/ http://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/25/major-incident-declared-as-people-flock-to-england-south-coast Your other part of the world have seen many COVIDiots

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 01:28:25 PM »
Job losses coming in daily now here in the UK, thick and fast from all sorts of businesses, Pizza Express, WHSmith, EasyJet, Tui, Kier, etc, etc, to name but a few, thousands of job losses in each. Looks like most businesses in the UK are looking to cut about a third of their workforce. At this rate it's not going to be a pretty picture out there. Looks like few companies are wanting to have their hands bound by the Chancellor's job retention scheme and are firing staff as quick as they can.

Going to cause bad economic problems no doubt about it. Way less taxes coming in, spend going up on stuff like statutory redundancy and unemployment benefit/UC Credit. Likely to take many years to sort out I would imagine.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1961
Total: 1970

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM