It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086859 times)

Offline Brasscasing

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1800 on: January 22, 2015, 12:22:55 AM »
This is a great day for Russia.  They should celebrate it and we who oppose Putin and Russia should own it.  Stop the sugarcoat and speak the truth.  They won and we lost and we will continue to loose until we take the offensive if that is even possible given the tons and tons of aid the West has given.

I don't view it that way at all, LT. I think the Russian military will be holding staff meetings and tactical reviews trying to figure out where it all went wrong.

By all reports several specialized units Bn strength+, plus artillery and rocket units were poured into the Donetsk airport and surrounding area for weeks trying to dislodge the supposedly outgunned undertrained little army from Kiev.

Whoever the Ukrainian field commander is he's a student of the concept of concentrating overpowering firepower into a single objective with limited resources as evidenced by retaking the airport on at least one occasion after being pushed back. Amazing actually considering the resources the Russian regulars were committing to the fight.

No, I think there's a little shiver going down Putin's back right now. If it takes this amount of resources to push the Ukrainians back from one destroyed airport what's it going to be like trying to take the capital Kiev if it comes to it?

Yes, Russian forces have the airport...for now. If the Ukrainian military manages to re-acquire the airport that would be a serious loss of face for Mr. Putin. They may attempt it, we'll see.

What the Donetsk airport has shown the Ukrainian people is that the Russian military machine is not unstoppable and can be held at bay with a determined effort.

Overall the Russian military has lost credibility with the airport battle.

Brass
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:25:55 AM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Taz

• Carpe diem...before it seizes you!
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1801 on: January 22, 2015, 12:26:02 AM »
I think today was my breaking point with my Russian friends. They saw the Donetsk airport as a great victory. They failed to understand the continuing loss of life in this conflict that has no reason other than for Putin's ego and pocketbook.

So I politely told them good luck and enjoy the dictator you have. I can't see continuing friendships with people that are so blinded they can't see the overall picture and how much this will hurt Russia (and them) in the long run. They were complaining how they couldn't afford food and everything was so expensive but couldn't grasp the connection between Putin's actions and the direct effect on their lives. They still believe there are no Russian troops in Ukraine and it is all just rebels fighting Ukraine with just a "little help" from Mother Russia.

Based on some of the things i read ,if accurate, would qualify as war crimes. I think it is time to start playing this card and put Russian and Putler on notice. Time for the US to get some balls and make sure Ukraine has at a minimum the defensive weapons they need.

It may seem like an extreme action to terminate these friendships but they are truly possessed by the same disease the seems to affect Doll. I have been on this board since 2006. Doll used to seem pretty normal but it is like she has "Gold Fever" or something else afflicting her and so many other Russians. I hate war but sometimes you have no option but to wage it. What Putler did was not even remotely necessary at all and was a totally made-up crisis. When you can control the media like he does then you can control the narrative. Where I am disappointed is my Russian friends don't even bother to look past the propaganda of PNN (Putin News Networks) aka CNN in the US.

At this point I will be calling my congressmen every day to voice my opinion about needing to help Ukraine against the Russian invasion. Time to stop Putler ASAP and with extreme prejudice. Putin can go eff himself with his olive branch in one hand the and Grad launcher in the other. At this point it is about time to exact retribution against Russia in any way we can. If the Russian people aren't part of the solution then they are part of the problem just like the normal Germans were complicit in Hitler's actions and the moderate Muslims with the extremists.

"Slava Ukraini" - [/color][/size]Geroyam slava!"[/color]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:43:05 AM by Taz »
Take time to learn the language. Even a little can go a long ways...

Get off your butt and go! Don't make excuses why you can't do it, find a way to make it work! Always go with a backup plan too!!!

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1802 on: January 22, 2015, 12:38:02 AM »
Great posts to both Brass and Taz.  Taz a very emotional and real post there; I agree it's time to cut loose the dead weight of "friends" who don't respect the sovereignty of Ukraine and simple human aspirations to self-determine their future.  I also agree that Putin and his senior officers should be captured and held for trial for war crimes, just like that genocidal maniac Slobodon Milosovich was.  Sure go ahead and laugh pro-Putler crowd, but his day is coming.

Offline Taz

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1803 on: January 22, 2015, 01:03:05 AM »
I know only a very small portion of you have seen combat and I hope the rest of you never will. I have never done, or been ordered to do, anything like what the Russians are doing in Ukraine. While war is truly hell, there are certain rules that define how war should be waged. Russia is in violation of so many of these it just crazy.

While I had the "luxury" of being above the fray so to speak, I was always a big, huge target until we could take out the SAMs. Still I was often low enough I could see the carnage, and even worse, smell it. Do you have any idea how bad burning flesh smells once it has just been seared by rocket fire? Grad launchers are pretty indiscriminate weapons compared to many. While you can launch 1 or 2 at a time, you just launch a barrage and hope to destroy everything in a pretty large area. It isn't like you try and take out just one thing, you wipe out everything around that one thing too.

Russia is obviously launching from civilian areas using Grad, mortars, etc. This is in clear violation of international laws. Not surprising though since Putler violated international law to invade Ukraine anyway. I have discussed this with my children so they understand it. One is in the service now, one in a delayed entry and one going to the academy. They are all shocked that nothing is being done about this yet we are constantly told that we must abide by the rules.

It is truly time to just launch a few cruise missiles against the Russian troops that don't exist in Ukraine. Nobody will miss them since they were never there and they were just some rebels who bought their Russian emblems at some market in Donetsk...

Time to stand in front of Putler and give him that 1000 yard stare. I know some of you will know the one I mean. Just look past him, like he isn't there and let him know he means nothing to you and then unleash hell on his army. There isn't a better fighting force in the world than the US armed services. If I could surround myself with a few other groups it would be the IDF, SAS and Aussies (with Kiwi of course). Actually I think the IDF could kick Russia's zhopa in E. Ukraine quite easily.

Get off your butt and go! Don't make excuses why you can't do it, find a way to make it work! Always go with a backup plan too!!!

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1804 on: January 22, 2015, 01:17:14 AM »
Brass & Taz-- you expressed a lot of my thoughts in posts.
Today--all I feel is outrage-Taz--I know you are feeling that too!I was in Ukraine for the majority of last year--and you will know what I mean when I say I understand how Ukrainians feel -the guys there now will attest to how emotional all this is for Ukrainians/
Last year I attended  7 funerals for guys killed in the east- and also a number of memorial services.My emotions-I can hardly describe and today's news bought those days flooding back to me.
Those in life and on forums that think this is some newsreel on TV and nothing to do with them-- simply disgust me--Ukrainians are good people and they need our help.We cannot ignore them.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1805 on: January 22, 2015, 02:24:16 AM »
LT-- seriously -give it a break. Today is a tragedy for the lives lost-that's it.

40 cyborgs dead TODAY. . .

John Schindler, who is no friend of mine, said quoting NATO generals that the Ukrainian soldiers are the best in the world and the Kiev General Staff are the worst.

Own it

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1806 on: January 22, 2015, 02:31:55 AM »
After reading the horrific news this morning I took a moment to pray for the dead UA soldiers from the Airport.  May they rest in peace. They truly gave their all for the struggle to drive the invaders out and preserve Ukraine.

From what I've been told many are from the Cherkassy oblast where I am.

Слава Героям!!

Offline Belvis

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1807 on: January 22, 2015, 02:45:44 AM »
After reading the horrific news this morning I took a moment to pray for the dead UA soldiers from the Airport.

They were dead a few days ago but guys here are fed with Ukrainian propaganda so their reaction is lagged.

I hope the last events force Kiev to real negotiations with rebels instead of indulging to party of war.  Still Moscow support the idea of Donbass as part of  Ukraine under certain conditions. However time is running out, extension of war will lead to final breakup of Donbass from Ukraine. May be already it is impossible, too many civilians were killed by Ukrainian artillery in last days.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1808 on: January 22, 2015, 03:41:05 AM »
Time is running out.  Better to negotiate with these people . . . maybe we will have peace. . . .maybe

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1809 on: January 22, 2015, 04:07:08 AM »
No Quarters, Asked or Given!

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1810 on: January 22, 2015, 04:29:18 AM »
They were dead a few days ago but guys here are fed with Ukrainian propaganda so their reaction is lagged.

I hope the last events force Kiev to real negotiations with rebels instead of indulging to party of war.  Still Moscow support the idea of Donbass as part of  Ukraine under certain conditions. However time is running out, extension of war will lead to final breakup of Donbass from Ukraine. May be already it is impossible, too many civilians were killed by Ukrainian artillery in last days.
The Donbas IS PART OF UKRAINE  It is Russia that has no business there and have invaded a foreign country-- how thick are you?
Or do you want to try and tell us that " There are no Russian Military in Ukraine"?

The rest of your post--is Russian lies--not Ukrainian.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Belvis

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1811 on: January 22, 2015, 05:49:41 AM »
The Donbas IS PART OF UKRAINE  It is Russia that has no business there and have invaded a foreign country-- how thick are you?
If you refuse the negotiations and don't want to talk with rebels you belong to party of war and must share responsibility for dead Ukrainian soldiers and others killed at Donbass.
As for Russia she has business there because Donbass is populated by people (not just some men) who considered themselves as part of Russian people. It's not my claim, it's a fact.
As for invasion in foreign country... should I point you who and where implemented the invasions in foreign countries in the last 20 years? International law must be the same for all countries, otherwise  no sense to discuss this issue.

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1812 on: January 22, 2015, 06:03:05 AM »

As for Russia she has business there because Donbass is populated by people (not just some men) who considered themselves as part of Russian people. It's not my claim, it's a fact.

Simple solution for those so-called 'people'...
Pack up and emigrate eastwards to that cesspool country across the border!  :cluebat:
That country has a demographics problem so I'm sure they are more than willing to accommodate new immigrants.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1813 on: January 22, 2015, 06:25:05 AM »
. .
As for invasion in foreign country... should I point you who and where implemented the invasions in foreign countries in the last 20 years? International law must be the same for all countries, otherwise  no sense to discuss this issue.
Belvis,  asked this question hundreds times here- no answer (just because they know better)

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1814 on: January 22, 2015, 06:42:56 AM »

Why should Moscow get to dictate how Ukraine is structured?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1815 on: January 22, 2015, 06:44:35 AM »
If you refuse the negotiations and don't want to talk with rebels you belong to party of war and must share responsibility for dead Ukrainian soldiers and others killed at Donbass.

How can you refer to international law at all, given Crimea?  Russia has zero respect for international law.

The majority of the population of Donbas never considered itself part of the Russian people. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1816 on: January 22, 2015, 06:46:45 AM »
Belvis,  asked this question hundreds times here- no answer (just because they know better)

evade and deflect from the question..  :rolleyes:  pass the blame on to someone else about another situation..

Typical when YOU don't want to answer the present question.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1817 on: January 22, 2015, 06:57:33 AM »
Belvis, I guess no one wants to negotiate with scum.  Do your worst.

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1818 on: January 22, 2015, 07:27:10 AM »
So, I guess, if you all don't mind, the Latvians and Poles and Germans will retake Koenigsberg.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Taz

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1819 on: January 22, 2015, 07:41:31 AM »
I strongly urge that all you supporting Ukraine immediately call your lawmakers and tell them to support Ukraine. I have been reading a lot more on the Ukrainian news sites and it seems highly likely that chemical weapons were used in the attack on the Cyborgs (UA soldiers) in the Donetsk airport. They have been trying for months to dislodge them and now they just happen to fall...

The soldiers are exhibiting symptoms of possible exposure to gas. The tremors and leg shakes they are seen having in videos is typically indicative of some sort of nerve agent. So of course Russia will immediately accuse Ukraine of something like this to deflect blame from them.

Parading captured prisoners is against international law and yet again these Russian terrorists have done this. Time to just obliterate all the Russians there. Read the rules regarding treatment of POWs.

http://www.icrc.org/ihl/WebART/375-590006

Time to call this a war and kick Russia's ass for clearly violating the Budapest Memorandum. They have committed acts of war and need to be punished.

All you Russians who support these actions can go back under the rock you crawled out from under. This is not how civilized people act! To support Putin and his war show you have no class, are totally uncultured, and obviously deserve the dictator you worship. I hope the suffering for Russia economically will last many decades. The end for to the Putler regime can't come soon enough.

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1820 on: January 22, 2015, 07:48:05 AM »

The invasion of Afghanistan was justified.  The morphing of that war from finding al Queda to restructuring the country was not.  The invasion of Iraq was not justified.  However, neither have anything to do with fomenting war on European soil, which is exactly what Russia did.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1821 on: January 22, 2015, 07:55:40 AM »
evade and deflect from the question..  :rolleyes:  pass the blame on to someone else about another situation..

Typical when YOU don't want to answer the present question.
"Typical ME" doesn't have to answer stupid questions

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1822 on: January 22, 2015, 08:00:22 AM »
You're right Doll, you don't have to answer anyone's questions.  And, when they refuse to answer yours, you should not criticize them.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1823 on: January 22, 2015, 08:03:12 AM »
You're right Doll, you don't have to answer anyone's questions.  And, when they refuse to answer yours, you should not criticize them.

See? It s fair :D

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1824 on: January 22, 2015, 08:04:19 AM »
Not exactly, as you expect your interlocutors to answer your questions, even when you refuse to answer theirs. :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541471
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3481
Most Online Ever: 12701