It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Scam check sites?  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Scam check sites?
« on: June 30, 2018, 05:37:07 AM »
Are there any sites that you can enter messages into, to see if I'm talking to a scammer?... Google search isn't yielding any results.

Offline SANDRO43

Re: Scam check sites?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 06:05:57 AM »
Are there any sites that you can enter messages into, to see if I'm talking to a scammer?...
Several, for instance Stop Scammers (http://www.stop-scammers.com/), Scamwatch (http://www.scamwatch.gov.au), Romance Scam Survivor (http://romancescamsurvivor.org/), etc.
Google search isn't yielding any results.
Try "scam", "scammer", etc.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 07:54:19 AM »

Not all scam sites have all scammers. Scammers also change photos and letters because they got wise to scam sites using their easy to find on Google cut and paste letters because some dumbass guys write scammers they are smart and caught them Googling their information. They've made the scammers smarter and more difficult to find by way of Google. If any guy here is involved with a scammer. Don't be dumb by making them smarter.

Write a lot of women. There's a difference between how scammers and sincere women write letters. Easy to tell. It's like the difference between night and day. Have a conversation with a nun and then a prostitute. I guarantee you will hear differences between the two women.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 08:08:24 AM »
Have a conversation with a nun and then a prostitute. I guarantee you will hear differences between the two women.

What . . . like the prices they quote is different ?

- - - - - - -

Third grade joke:  Why do Nuns travel in pairs ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Davo2

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »
Thanks for the links Sandro.

Billy, as you said her massages were different from all the others..... She did answer some of my questions, but on a whole, she (he) writes long messages, full of expressions of affection, very early on in our communications, as many scammers do.

She was the only full paid member who contacted me, which is unusual for dmnotify. Usually men pay the membership fee, which enables them to talk to non paying members.

Anyway she is almost the opposite of what  I'm looking for 30 ( too young ), no children and no English skills. I was interested to chat as she was from  Ukraine.

There might be no substance to my observations, but when I started chatting online early last year, the only other Ukrainian woman I've talked to declared her love for me after a few messages and without knowing anything about FSU dating, it was obvious she was not genuine. Are the chances of running into scammers  more of an issue when chatting with Ukraine women? ..... I've never had this issue with older Russian woman with children. Maybe scammers aren't successful with this type of profile, no matter where they portray the woman being from.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:05:08 PM by Davo2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »
She was the only full paid member who contacted me, which is unusual for dmnotify. Usually men pay the membership fee, which enables them to talk to non paying members.

1) She paid for a  membership to contact the men she's got the hots for first.

2) Scammer trying to contact as many men possible. With paid membership allow unlimited contacts?

3) Agency employee using profile to keep male customers on the hook.

If the woman has the hots for you, she will answer every question and ask where you're at when you don't write her for a day or two. If this isn't happening, think 2 and 3.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Bece

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 11:22:45 PM »
Why not specified scammers.ru? It is listed on the forum.

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 11:30:37 PM »
Thanks for the links Sandro.

Billy, as you said her massages were different from all the others

Specifically, how were here massages different ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Davo2

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 11:59:48 PM »
Specifically, how were here massages different ?

I posted it in another thread a while ago.... I'll see if I can find it.... The girl was banned from the site eventually.

Offline Davo2

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 12:08:54 AM »
I think this was her 2nd or 3rd message. All of the genuine women I have talked to have been cautious when we first started chatting. They usually don't give too many compliments early on.

Hello, darling xxxxx!!

Thank you for finding time to write me! I am very grateful you for this and
your interest to me!

I want to tell you that you have a very beautiful name, I can only tell you
that your parents made a very good choice when they choose this name for you I
like it very much it really suits a man like you my dear.

Well my day was ok as I was just waiting so very much to come and to see if I
have got an e-mail from you and when I open my "inbox" and saw that I got a
e-mail from you I got very happy,

I can’t describe with a proper word how very happy I was when I read your
letter, I can only say that you my dear took my breath away, I like and agree
with everything that you write about yourself and what you want from this
life..... You simply make me feel a very happy woman that has the privilege to
have met such a very handsome, intelligent and serious man like you my dear"

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 05:48:42 AM »
Yep, spam.

Dmnotify is pretty good at spotting those types of scammers - the ones who profess love too quickly or want you to contact them by email directly on the first message (easier for them to send mass mailings).  But it might take them a few days.   I think you can report suspicious messages/activity and they will review the account quicker. 

There are other scammers out there that Dmnotify can't detect or have cause to suspend.  One of these are dating scammers - the ones who want you to take them to expensive places.  One woman, after a couple of messages, suggested we meet.  Not in her home town of Odessa, but in Geneva or Paris.  She was a good time girl wanting an expensive weekend getaway.

I guess the above is not technically scamming if both parties agree to that type of meeting.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2218
Total: 2228

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM