It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Canadian immigration  (Read 7040 times)

Offline docetae

Canadian immigration
« on: September 01, 2006, 01:07:38 PM »
Hello,

I try to know more about delay and procedure for a Ukrainian woman with one son to move to Canada. Is sponsorship the only way ? What are delays ? Where is the better place for the wedding, Ukraine, Canada ?

All infos are welcome.

Doc
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes Oscar Wilde

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
Re: Canadian immigration
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 12:47:26 AM »
Everything you need to know, in English & French -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline Donhollio

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:25:47 PM »
 I recently called the CIC office and spoke to a real live human!  I called twice during the week ,just to be sure their info matched.
 They have some changes ,or maybe they decided to let the guy call and ask instead of filling out the paper work first.  Anyway 2 guys I know here in Winnipeg have gone through the process,and it has taken them 6 months from the time the papers are sent in.

CIC told me our papers stay in Toronto and are processed in 32 days. At that point they tell you if you are approved for sponsorship.  The slowdown begins in Kiev and Moscows embassys,where 80% of claims are done in 6 months. Most delays are because of incorrect filling out of papers. Also there is no interview unless hey have further questions,usually if they feel that the marriage maybe not genuine.

Other than that the visa is given. As Jachque told me   (can't imagine he got the job due to his English language skills) ::)  " We don't have a income limit ,unless you are on welfare." We don't think it's fair to keep you from your family"  Only Quebec has a income requirement. When I called back after speaking to Jach, I got a woman who told me the limit was around $26 000 ,but it's not enforced.

Offline sierynot

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 11:35:33 AM »
hi first time in.
name is tony and i know little to nothing about Russian marriage.
i have met and spent time now, twice with a beautiful girl from Tashkent however lives in muscow. sorry if i do not know prodigal,
i live in Alberta and if there is someone who could show me the way. i would be forever thankful. i have spoken to CIC and told me,  embassy in muscow and now they sent me to Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
go easy fellows i feel like this  :cluebat: right now    thanks for any info

Offline joe rockhead

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 04:36:36 PM »
Where in Alberta?  PM me.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2256
Total: 2267

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM