It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Altai Krai?  (Read 13228 times)

Offline DCcowboy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Altai Krai?
« on: January 06, 2020, 10:22:21 AM »
Anybody been to Altai Krai? I recently meet a lady from this area.  If things work by the end of the month I want to visit her in February / March time frame.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Altai Krai?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 10:40:34 AM »
You are trolling us, right?

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »
Anybody been to Altai Krai?

Turboguy met his wife VWRW in Barnaul which is the biggest city in that region. They sometimes stop by and post but you can message them directly from their profiles below and ask them to participate in this thread with what they know of the region.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=54

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1474
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 11:39:36 AM »
You are trolling us, right?
Don't get anywhere by not trying! Do you just expect me to stop trying.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 11:40:29 AM »
Turboguy met his wife VWRW in Barnaul which is the biggest city in that region. They sometimes stop by and post but you can message them directly from their profiles below and ask them to participate in this thread with what they know of the region.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=54

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1474
Perfect information, thank you! I will message them.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 01:01:55 PM »
There is trying and then there is whatever this is.

Forgive me if I am not current with your situation, but from what I recall you have not travelled to Russia, correct?  Nor to Ukraine?

1.  Winter is about the worse time to go to Russia, especially to a small city or town.

2.  Provided you have verified this woman is genuine (not from ppl, not from unsolicited email), going WOVO to such a remote place is unwise.  What are your plans if things don't work out?  The chances of finding someone else on fdating or dmnotify or russiancupid in that area will be extremely slim.

3.  What happened with your employment situation, where you could not travel to Russia? 

4.  Why Altai Krai, or other similar remote places?  Why not start with Moscow, St Petersburg or Kyiv? 

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 01:31:17 AM »
There is trying and then there is whatever this is.

Forgive me if I am not current with your situation, but from what I recall you have not travelled to Russia, correct?  Nor to Ukraine?

1.  Winter is about the worse time to go to Russia, especially to a small city or town.

2.  Provided you have verified this woman is genuine (not from ppl, not from unsolicited email), going WOVO to such a remote place is unwise.  What are your plans if things don't work out?  The chances of finding someone else on fdating or dmnotify or russiancupid in that area will be extremely slim.

3.  What happened with your employment situation, where you could not travel to Russia? 

4.  Why Altai Krai, or other similar remote places?  Why not start with Moscow, St Petersburg or Kyiv?
1.  No have not traveled to FSU
2. Not to concerned about winter
3. If things don't work out, at least I tried. It will be good experience.
4. I meet her through EM, and have been able to verify certain aspects of her life.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 11:21:41 AM »
4. I meet her through EM, and have been able to verify certain aspects of her life.

The most important thing now is to verify if she has a genuine interest in you. Call her often. Viber, Skype or whatever. Get a read if she's thrilled everytime you contact her. She and you may be initially thrilled but eventually learn you're incompatible or become bored with each other. If communications remain great, then plan a visit. Some guys recommend to just jump on a plane. For who? Do your homework and get to know the girl you want to visit before visiting.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 11:51:35 AM »
The most important thing now is to verify if she has a genuine interest in you. Call her often. Viber, Skype or whatever. Get a read if she's thrilled everytime you contact her. She and you may be initially thrilled but eventually learn you're incompatible or become bored with each other. If communications remain great, then plan a visit. Some guys recommend to just jump on a plane. For who? Do your homework and get to know the girl you want to visit before visiting.

But be aware that people (both men and women) are often terrible at certain forms of communication, even as they are good with other forms.

So how you perceive her interest in you from communications may not always be correct.

I like to type messages and don't like to talk on phone . . . except with long lost friends from school days, etc. as there is so much shared history and catching up to do.

However wife is very bad at messaging and irritated me quite a lot when we were apart and planning to get together.  But she would talk for hours on phone.  She still does this (now Skype and Viber) with her family and friends in Ukraine and elsewhere.  And she wants me to read and answer all her emails that are school and business related, and even those to her family and friends.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 12:10:56 PM »
But be aware that people (both men and women) are often terrible at certain forms of communication, even as they are good with other forms.

I've spoke to a lot of women on the phone. Some spoke good English but I felt the conversation didn't go well for whatever reason. I've spoke to some women with very bad English and things felt clumsy and I didn't want to call again but there were a few women with very bad English and although we didn't have the ability to communicate, I felt good about them in the end. Some of them girls tried hard to communicate, giggled a lot and I felt they enjoyed hearing my voice and had a genuine interest in me. Regardless of the level of communication DCowboy has with this woman, hopefully they feel good about each other each time they talk to each other. If communication is bad now, it probably will be bad in a face to face meeting and not worth planning an expensive first date.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 12:01:46 AM »

If communication is bad now, it probably will be bad in a face to face meeting and not worth planning an expensive first date.

I disagree, normally communication is easier in person, even with some with poor English skills. Hand movements, facial expressions, hand translator.... Help also.
Now if little chemistry or little interest, it will go nowhere.

Cowboy didn't mention girl's English level.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline BillyB

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 12:15:58 AM »
normally communication is easier in person,

It's possible but is it worth gambling $5000 and a weeks worth of vacation time to find out? It's a safer bet to visit the girl one has great communication with. More likely the communication in person is better too.

Offline whynotme

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 12:41:44 AM »
Anybody been to Altai Krai? I recently meet a lady from this area.  If things work by the end of the month I want to visit her in February / March time frame.
Ask Vladimir Putin, he liked to spend his vacations there.  ;D

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 12:43:22 AM »
It's possible but is it worth gambling $5000 and a weeks worth of vacation time to find out? It's a safer bet to visit the girl one has great communication with. More likely the communication in person is better too.

I agree, lot of money for a first date which goes nowhere.
I was answering about........ bad communication before= bad communication in person. I don' see it.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 12:56:34 AM »
bad communication before= bad communication in person. I don' see it.

I agree with you. I would never tell someone bad communication before equates to bad communication in person. Probably would happen but not definitely.

Offline msmob

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 01:07:22 AM »
BillyB 'spoke on the phone'...shows how long ago he was seeking a bride..

This is the 3rd decade of the 21st C...

Who talks on a phone when videochat is possible on the cheapest smart phone?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 10:03:36 AM »

Most men who go to the FSU never speak to the women prior to the visit. They keep it in the message system/email intentionally or forced to do so by the agency they're using.

Video chat usually happen by appointments and speaker must be on. Calling on the phone I got women picking up during various times and can get a read on their activities and life. Sometimes they'll pick up while walking with friends. One girl picked up while in a club. Some pick up at work. Some pick up while taking a bath. Although girls pick up while busy, I offer to call back later. Most of the time they don't want to let me go.

Offline msmob

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 01:23:39 PM »

The BillyB 'expert' guide to FSU dating 'survey' ?

Most men who go to the FSU never speak to the women prior to the visit. They keep it in the message system/email intentionally or forced to do so by the agency they're using.

You sound like another 'authoritative researcher' of Brides of the FSU .. :D

Do reveal the methodology you used to arrive at such a conclusion..

Video chat usually happen by appointments and speaker must be on. Calling on the phone I got women picking up during various times and can get a read on their activities and life. Sometimes they'll pick up while walking with friends. One girl picked up while in a club. Some pick up at work. Some pick up while taking a bath. Although girls pick up while busy, I offer to call back later. Most of the time they don't want to let me go.

Tosh..

As far back as 16 years ago I had FSU W call on me on Skype at random times  - a deliberate policy to see if I was my own boss, not living with another woman and serious in my search

Nowadays, the call can be voice only and one party will request video

Your 'response' just further emphasises that 'your way' - the way you think others may be doing it ... is WAY out of date ...

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2020, 05:59:13 PM »
Well, back to Ms. Altai Krai, she said she wants to do a Skype call. Sounds positive. She is also in her mid forties, and absolutely beautiful, I mean gorgeous.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 08:32:12 PM »
she wants to do a Skype call. Sounds positive.

Good sign. She seems interested in you enough to request taking communications to the next level. In case she wants video chat, shave and clean up the man cave. She'll be observing the background to get an idea how you keep your place. Don't buy flowers. She may think someone else decorated the place.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 01:28:32 PM »

I disagree, normally communication is easier in person, even with some with poor English skills. Hand movements, facial expressions, hand translator.... Help also.
Now if little chemistry or little interest, it will go nowhere.

Cowboy didn't mention girl's English level.
English is moderate. She took English classes several years ago.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 02:15:07 PM »
Never been to Barnaul but plenty to Novosibirsk and East Kazakhstan oblasts (to the north and south). Don't go in February, there's still a risk of cold snaps where it drops to -30 celsius for a week. March should be ok, April is better because you can hang out at Grelka!

If you have the time fly via Moscow to Barnaul, then take an overnight train to Novosibirsk. A couple of days there before a couple of days in Moscow on the way home. Two weeks would be more than enough to do this. If you only have one week then still spend a few nights in Moscow.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Altai Krai?
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 03:09:20 PM »
Never been to Barnaul but plenty to Novosibirsk and East Kazakhstan oblasts (to the north and south). Don't go in February, there's still a risk of cold snaps where it drops to -30 celsius for a week.

I respectfully disagree.

I went to Russia in January, it was -40F (-40C it's the same) in North
Dakota. Thank the good lord I was in Banana Belt Russia for that.
I advise guys to go. Imagine he meets her in January and he doesn't
like her or she doesn't like him. He doesn't waste another month of
his life waiting until the weather is good, when he could have moved
on already.

OR if he goes there in January and they hit it off, then he doesn't
have to worry about somebody like me flying there and sweeping
her off her feet, while he is sitting at home waiting for good weather
and he is that much closer to living the dream.

In my view, if it's warm enough for a 100lb (45KG) Sexy Russian
woman to live there, then it's warm enough for a man to go see
her.

FSUW LOVE a man of action. Get on a plane, seduce her and win
her heart!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 03:15:28 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2020, 02:08:39 AM »
I respectfully disagree.

I went to Russia in January, it was -40F (-40C it's the same) in North
Dakota. Thank the good lord I was in Banana Belt Russia for that.
I advise guys to go. Imagine he meets her in January and he doesn't
like her or she doesn't like him. He doesn't waste another month of
his life waiting until the weather is good, when he could have moved
on already.

OR if he goes there in January and they hit it off, then he doesn't
have to worry about somebody like me flying there and sweeping
her off her feet, while he is sitting at home waiting for good weather
and he is that much closer to living the dream.

In my view, if it's warm enough for a 100lb (45KG) Sexy Russian
woman to live there, then it's warm enough for a man to go see
her.

FSUW LOVE a man of action. Get on a plane, seduce her and win
her heart!

I see rwd123 AND beel's point of view and get both ..

Personally, I have never been in the north / east of USA in winter - more of a snow-goose and the first time I encountered -25C or lower was when I stood at the exit of a plane at Krasnoyarsk airport - wearing a pair of 'combat' trousers and felt I was naked  - as the wind took away any semblance of body heat

It's not terribly sexy meeting one's 45Kg future wife when you are shaking with cold - one had to collect one's luggage from a tiny shed - before being allowed into the heated terminal building and I didn't understand the made dash to get off the plane - so was last in the queue to prove my luggage was mine !

It's also not sexy having to wear multiple layers of clothes and viewing only the eyes and noses of passing strangers and wondering if one's own nose will fall off..

But.. - OH.. the moment one re-enters the apartment and can ( mutually) disrobe...

Has to be experienced at least once

...  MANY Siberian lasses don't get visits simply because guys doing VM trips miss them out ... SUCKERS ..

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2020, 02:10:47 PM »
Coldest weather I have been in is 15f. But I still am visiting in late February early March. The disrobing sounds fun. ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541272
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2178
Most Online Ever: 12701