It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Chicken Kiev Weekend  (Read 32800 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Chicken Kiev Weekend
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2019, 05:00:22 PM »
Since you want to be 'PC', why don't you use the Ukrainian transliteration for the airport 'BORYSPIL' instead of your combination of Russian/Ukrainian spelling.... Borispil.

Unless someone here with better knowledge of spelling than me, you are welcome to correct me.

Well, now ..

Міжнародний аеропорт "Бориспіль"

I stand corrected  - as the "и" is  y in UA translit

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 02:59:46 AM »

Now Kiev has come good for me as there are cheap flights with Wizz Air from Luton and further afield Ryanair flights from Stanstead. The Wizz Air Hostesses look hot :P and the other benefit is the Zhulyany Airport in Kiev is nearer than Borispil so less travelling time, might even save a few bob also ;D
Nice of ya'll to explain how to get from Borispil   !!

Did any of you actually read what he actually wrote?

For all of you so knowledgeable  why not try that one !! From Zhuliany  to Kyiv.

Me -- I will organise a car   to collect him if he asks me !!  :devilish:

So I am guessing he has got the GBP 13.99  (  USD 18)    return flight !!   
  You can see the tightwads thinking here ! He has obviously been saving up for this trip !!

KYIV - ZHULYANY
 LONDON LUTON
5 April 2019, Friday
Departure times:
14:10
From ‎​£​13.99

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 03:14:14 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 04:37:38 AM »
Nice of ya'll to explain how to get from Borispil   !!

Did any of you actually read what he actually wrote?

OMG

JayH has arrived to 'save' us from ourselves...

If you paid attention..before jumping in and making the usual spectacle of yourself.. you would have realised I was questioning how LAman could have been recently as he is STILL giving out the wrong advive on how to get a bus to the centre of Kyiv from.....Boryspil

If Trench has got the flight for the equiv of x.16 USD and managed not to take a suitcase... he is still ahead of the keyboard crazies who do not try...reality..

Trench.. as always give us your tips on how to 'do it right'))

Offline JayH

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 02:13:06 PM »

Wow, finding the bus to centre??? You could actually run right into it without even knowing...it is right on street as you leave outside arrivals hall. Now if you took the train, I would be more impressed.

OMG

JayH has arrived to 'save' us from ourselves...

If you paid attention..before jumping in and making the usual spectacle of yourself.. you would have realised I was questioning how LAman could have been recently as he is STILL giving out the wrong advive on how to get a bus to the centre of Kyiv from.....Boryspil

If Trench has got the flight for the equiv of x.16 USD and managed not to take a suitcase... he is still ahead of the keyboard crazies who do not try...reality..

Trench.. as always give us your tips on how to 'do it right'))

Geez Moby  -- how stupid are you? Really -- once again your jealousy is directed at anyone  who knows more than you on any given topic  -- you attempt to bash LAman over something where it is clearcut your comment is just plain wrong.
Now if you are being so pedantic over the use of "right on" -- he actually means "right there on the street" --yes -he does know you turn left by 30 metres  .

Of note -- you make zero attempt to address the point I made -- so -- have you ever been to Zhuliany? Not that anything you say can be believed   -- your lying is a matter of record.You have history of not "getting" what others say unless it is spelt out .

Note2 -- Moby diverting another thread to be about him ! :cluebat:

Note3  Just shut up Moby
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 02:17:42 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2019, 08:31:05 AM »
Trenchcoat, if you are dating a girl with a child (or children) and you're not a complete tight wad then I'd recommend a restaurant by the Dnipr called Veranda. It's a classy place and they have a children's room upstairs (Naberezhne Hwy, 11а). Not to be confused with La Veranda which is in the center. There are other nice places I could mention but probably out of your price range. If you want to "treat" a lady to a buffet I like the one on the corner opposite Bessarabsky Market, though I don't remember the name. It's cheap but just say you wanted to try local cuisine.  :P

This company can provide inexpensive apartments but almost no staff speak English. http://rent365.net/

And be sure to get a local SIM card at the airport. If you're only there for a weekend then anything will be adequate.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2019, 03:11:07 PM »
Trenchcoat, if you are dating a girl with a child (or children) and you're not a complete tight wad then I'd recommend a restaurant by the Dnipr called Veranda. It's a classy place and they have a children's room upstairs (Naberezhne Hwy, 11а). Not to be confused with La Veranda which is in the center. There are other nice places I could mention but probably out of your price range. If you want to "treat" a lady to a buffet I like the one on the corner opposite Bessarabsky Market, though I don't remember the name. It's cheap but just say you wanted to try local cuisine.  :P

This company can provide inexpensive apartments but almost no staff speak English. http://rent365.net/

And be sure to get a local SIM card at the airport. If you're only there for a weekend then anything will be adequate.

Thanks RWD, nah I'm not counting on applying to those with kids as it were. Appreciate the link nks to the restaurants though as not been in them yet so may come in handy. Generally just looking at meet ups so a reasonable but bog standard affair will do me. I'll use the same technique as before by asking out for just a drink then following on with food if she looks like she has potential, if not then I've only stated  drinks and that can be that pretty much.

I'm going to go the hotel route for this as less hassle and it's only for a few days. I really want a safe in my room as I don't trust people out there much, only takes a meeting with the wrong type and problems can arise. Apartments can be nice but I've done the apartment shenanigans before and with little English speaking crowd is probably asking for trouble.

The phone sim I agree with you is a good idea if only for a few days, it can be useful and reduce vulnerability a lot. I'll take my cheap dual sim travel phone to keep my risks low.

Other than that it turns out from what I said earlier that I might have to go Ryanair from Stansted as Wizz seem random on the Monday fly backs which is a pain as travel wise they are more convenient. That will mean a flight to Borispil, not as convenient but we'll see how it goes. Ryanair can be pretty cheap also so I'll wait and see what the best deal is that comes up.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 03:23:50 PM »

Geez Moby  -- how stupid are you? Really -- once again your jealousy is directed at anyone  who knows more than you on any given topic  -- you attempt to bash LAman over something where it is clearcut your comment is just plain wrong.

Once again , JayH is 'jumping in' and failing to note I was being ironic about LAman's 'advice' on how to catch a bus to the centre from KBP

Of note -- you make zero attempt to address the point I made

It was and is irrelevant - all you do is tell folks they've not been where they've been and 'get in the way' when the wrong advice is being given ..

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2019, 02:13:30 PM »
Cleaning some older notes off my mobile I found I went to Zhulyany with bus 78, we came back with a trolley bus. In fact we visited the aviation museum next door. The museum is worth a visit during decent weather, especially with a child aged 5 -14 years old.

I have used the airport a number of times, once the old 'Soviet' terminal. The new terminal is both soulless and rather crowed. The usage has surpassed the expectations. The airport also has a new name I. Sikorsky-Zhulany.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 03:49:31 PM »
Well it's done, just pulled the trigger on flights from Stansted with Ryanair for a few days in Kiev in May for there & back for just £40! :D

I'm happy to travel light as just in Kiev a few days so will just take myself and my travel bag. That should work well for me as less stuff to lose. I have my eye on a reasonably priced hotel near Shevchenko Uni/Park. I may possibly have one girl who may come to see me but to be honest this trip is really about giving Krimster's method a crack. I'm going to pass on trying to mobilize the girls through the dating sites for this one as it's getting a bit of a chore anyway. I'm aiming to make this a cheap trip so it won't matter too much if it falls flat, hopefully though it won't. I couldn't get anything to tie up with dates and flight costs till June which was longer than I wanted to wait to try and get some action in. With a bit of luck the weather will be good and I'll have a good time :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 04:08:04 PM »
that's amazing!!!
what an incredible price, what a deal!!!!!

amazing that you're doing this, BRAVO, bravo
remember to have food in the apartment
I hope you can cook something nice????

do you know how to mix a good martini?
have these ingredients as well

you want to get them to talk to you
so you'd better have something interesting to say
you "seal the deal" by bring them to your nearby apartment

cool...
when do you leave?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2019, 04:15:10 PM »
that's amazing!!!

cool...
when do you leave?

Thanks Krim, yeah the first FSW I met there ordered a Martini so it's probably a good drink to have around, I'll get some there. I'll be there in May so a good few weeks yet. I'll go for a hotel as I want a place with a safe as too much bs can go down out there. If I have to slip a few quid for a guest fee then I'll just do that. I appreciate your words Krim I feel better now that I have this booked in :)

Oh, plus cooking isn't my strong suit.

Offline LAman

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2019, 04:22:16 PM »
that's amazing!!!

cool...
when do you leave?

Apparently you missed the part about "hotel' ????
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2019, 04:30:36 PM »
Must add though I'm pretty chuffed with getting the price of the flight so cheap :D Like you say Krim an incredible price really, return train fares from where I live on the south coast can easily cost more than that so averages out to £20 each way, I refused all the extras ;) Hopefully I can do the whole lot with airport parking, hotel for a few nights, travel to airports for just under £300 then put any expenses while over there on my credit card that has a zero percent commission on transactions so say £50 or so for that. Got a few ghrivna notes from before but will add if it looks needed anywhere mostly though I prefer to keep to card more these days, much safer than cash going astray.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 04:44:50 PM by Trenchcoat »

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2019, 05:02:22 PM »
i'm not an expert on cheap travel but I don't think hotels will be the best bang for the pound
it's been a while since I bought a suite at the Dnipro but I paid like $350+ per night for one of the top floor suites
pretty sure you can get a good apartment for under $50 day nearby, but everything is seasonal not sure when things fluctuate - google
shop for your food at gastanome = not restaurants and you could pull off a week trip for 500 pounds for everything

the public spectacle of a nicely dressed foreign guy painting is irresistible to all Ukrainian women
but you really have to act like you're paying them no attention, while you are intently doing so
you will notice them alter their walking trajectory to see your painting
you'll see some slow down
some stop
if you make eye contact with the ones who stop 100% they will try to speak English to you
so be prepared - you literally have 10 seconds to make a good first impression
if they're REALLY pretty ask to sketch them, this is what I'd always do followed by lunch followed by dinner and the kyiv opera and drinks after before back to my apartment
if you don't get at least 3 women up to your apartment during this period, then you're Bee Farmer
what you do after they get there is up to you

"Oh, plus cooking isn't my strong suit."

mine either, Sicilian girl friend made Sicilian deep dish pizza
watched her doing it, memorized it
literally only thing I know how to cook that's not an omelette
try learning something on Youtube and practice before you go
but from my own experience
you want to share the intimacy that cooking provides (while stretching your budget)

you do need a story for why you're in Kyiv
my suggestion (since you can't pull off the old "looking for lost family" routine)
is that you had a girl friend in Kyiv and she just dumped you because of her ex-boy friend
and you still have time before you return to London (don't mention that you then go on to a little village after London, shhhh...)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 06:13:04 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2019, 05:19:47 PM »
i'm not an expert on cheap travel but I don't think hotels will be the best bang for the sterling
it's been a while since I bought a suite at the Dnipro but I paid like $350+ per night for one of the top floor suites
pretty sure you can get a good apartment for under $50 day nearby, but everything is seasonal not sure when things fluctuate
shop for your food at gastanome = not restaurants and you could pull off a week trip for 500 pounds for everything

if you don't get at least 3 women up to your apartment during this period, then you're Bee Farmer
what you do after they get there is up to you

"Oh, plus cooking isn't my strong suit."

mine either, Sicilian girl friend made Sicilian deep dish pizza
watched her doing it, memorized it
literally only thing I know how to cook that's not an omelette
try learning something on Youtube and practice before you go
but from my own experience
you want to share the intimacy that cooking provides (while stretching your budget)

Intimacy of cooking, well I see your point it may do in some cases. When in apartment with Kherson girl it kind of did a little but not being something I excell at probably took away from it a bit.

I think it's something I'll pass over on this time, if a girl has natural chemistry with me then keeping a bottle of martini on hand in a hotel room should do. I'm not going after a suite just a standard room, nicely done with a double bed. I prefer double bed to queen beds as it means your right up against each other ;D

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2019, 05:29:21 PM »
those beds are EXTREMELY uncomfortable
if you get her to your room/apartment
you're getting her the rest of the way, get the queen MUCH more comfortable

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2019, 05:49:34 PM »
those beds are EXTREMELY uncomfortable
if you get her to your room/apartment
you're getting her the rest of the way, get the queen MUCH more comfortable

Well I'll see how it goes and adjust for next time. I've got a few ideas to run with like you suggested in terms of seeing if the women will come to me. Hopefully I won't be turning into a Bee Farmer ;D I'm not exactly confident but willing to give it a shot. It's a fairly nice place to be around there in that part of the city so should be pleasant enough for me :)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »
A martini is a cocktail. You can’t buy a bottle of martini.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2019, 05:58:18 PM »
I assume Trench Coat means the aperitif Martini Rossi. A sweet girls drink.

I guess RWD can look forward this summer to TC tales of misadventure in Kivy.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 06:15:01 PM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2019, 06:04:51 PM »
I assume Trench Coat means the aperitif Martini Rossi.

RWD can look forward this summer to TC tales of misadventure in Kivy.

I go extra dry ;) This year... watch Trenchy's Kivy adventures in full hd :)

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2019, 06:08:19 PM »
"I'm not exactly confident "

and this is your problem
I don't know what it'll take for you to get your "hunter spirit" but you need to...
hunting is all part of the fun of the sport
not just bagging a trophy
but the more you hunt
the more chance you have
of getting "some meat"
and the more you hunt
the better you get at it
just the thought of trying to snag some of that
just thinking that well tomorrow might be my lucky day
should get you through the cold lonely night in ole blighty me bruv
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 06:10:36 PM by krimster2 »

Offline LAman

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2019, 06:10:47 PM »
I go extra dry ;) This year... watch Trenchy's Kivy adventures in full hd :)

Will it show the 'wimmen' running away from the camera.... as they go out of view??? )))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2019, 06:20:50 PM »
"I'm not exactly confident "

and this is your problem
I don't know what it'll take for you to get your "hunter spirit" but you need to...
hunting is all part of the fun of the sport
not just bagging a trophy
but the more you hunt
the more chance you have
of getting "some meat"
and the more you hunt
the better you get at it
just the thought of trying to snag some of that
just thinking that well tomorrow might be my lucky day
should get you through the cold lonely night in ole blighty me bruv

I know, it's far more nicer chasing girls in the FSU. They are like girls used to be in this country decades ago. Instead of the attitudes and awkwardness of today's women in the west these women are an actual joy to interact with. I'm hoping that my mindset adjusts quite quickly and ignores my western woman culture experience. I'm hopeful it will and would rather give this a go as confidently as I can be on the day than bang away on internet dating sites for years in end. Not saying I will have it picked this time around but if I have some positive experiences then that will be a good thing also.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2019, 06:54:10 PM »
you always do better abroad than you do in your home market
big supply of guys like you (whoever you are) in your home market
not so many abroad...
supply and demand
demand in Ukraine is also much higher
very limited supply of men in some demographics
if I were you Trench, don't go for the real young ones
try around 35...
if you think you could be a step parent, then piece of cake for you to find a single mom 28-35 in Ukraine
but that might be more than you can handle
you should think about it though
i've been a surrogate dad to a few kids before I got married
I genuinely like raising children
i am going to really miss my own when they leave for university

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2019, 07:12:03 PM »
you always do better abroad than you do in your home market
big supply of guys like you (whoever you are) in your home market
not so many abroad...
supply and demand
demand in Ukraine is also much higher
very limited supply of men in some demographics
if I were you Trench, don't go for the real young ones
try around 35...
if you think you could be a step parent, then piece of cake for you to find a single mom 28-35 in Ukraine
but that might be more than you can handle
you should think about it though
i've been a surrogate dad to a few kids before I got married
I genuinely like raising children
i am going to really miss my own when they leave for university

Yeah, I'm looking for a girl around her early to mid thirties direction. I think that is the age it would be easiest if she was to come to the UK. Difficult to say as all sorts could come up so I'll have to just go with the flow. I like spending time with my niece's & nephew and a woman with a child I could handle if the chemistry was unquestionably there. It's not the most ideal situation necessarily as it can add implications. I'll just see what comes and hopefully have an enjoyable experience.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2278
Total: 2288

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM