It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Chicken Kiev Weekend  (Read 32248 times)

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Chicken Kiev Weekend
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2019, 07:47:57 PM »
Trench, what site are you using to find your hotel?

I like staying near Teatralna metro, quite a few apts within couple minutes walk.

There are two places next to railway station that are pretty good( 1 hotel, 1 apt) if one needs to be near train station for early flight or early train.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2019, 08:49:49 PM »

I like staying near Teatralna metro, quite a few apts within couple minutes walk.

There are two places next to railway station that are pretty good( 1 hotel, 1 apt) if one needs to be near train station for early flight or early train.

I'm using ebookers. It's going to be about Ł150 for 4 nights so not too bad, decent enough looking hotel and rooms with a double bed. It should be within walking distance of the main train station so not too bad. I'll just have my small travel bag with me so walk from and too train station not too bad by the looks of it. Flight will get me to Boryspil about midday and leaves about midday on the return also. Handy times as gives me time to get to and from the hotel in good daylight hours.

I noticed there is an Ibis next to the train station, they seem to get everywhere these days. To be honest though I don't want a hotel too close to the station, possibly noise and scenery issues (though never actually been to the main station yet). So I kind of want one reasonable near Shevchenko Park to try my luck there so short walk times to the park. Also handy as a fair amount of restaurants around there and fairly near sights of touristy area & shopping centre.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline LAman

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »

I noticed there is an Ibis next to the train station, they seem to get everywhere these days. To be honest though I don't want a hotel too close to the station, possibly noise and scenery issues (though never actually been to the main station yet). So I kind of want one reasonable near Shevchenko Park to try my luck there so short walk times to the park. Also handy as a fair amount of restaurants around there and fairly near sights of touristy area & shopping centre.

Yea it is Ibis next to train station but it is on the back side where Skybus pickup/drop off. It is literally 100 ft away. If you stay near Shevchenko, it is quite a walk from train station and it is uphill, probably best to take metro to Universitet from Vokzalna.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2019, 10:23:43 PM »
It will be interesting to see how you go trench. Approaching women in the street takes some guts and probably what Krim has.... bravado.

It’s easy to to chat with a woman as a friend, but taking that friendly chat to another level, building attraction and rapport, showing her you’re interested in her romantically without looking creepy, is another thing entirely.

As Pat said, you need to pick up on indicators of interest and also give her some yourself, this takes practice for those without natural ability with women.

Online you can do this in the comfort and safety of your home, knowing she’s already interested enough to want to chat with you.  On the street, be prepared to face more rejection than success, in my experience..... maybe the fsu is a little different as you have the foreign factor.

You seem to be perpetually stuck on the first step.... Good luck 🙂

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:30:17 PM by Davo »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2019, 10:54:36 PM »
I assume Trench Coat means the aperitif Martini Rossi. A sweet girls drink.

That is vermouth, I believe.  It's not a martini, though it is a component of a martini.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2019, 11:38:54 PM »

That is vermouth, I believe.  It's not a martini, though it is a component of a martini.

Name on the bottle says it is Martini, in the UK you can't market something that is not true. It can can be mixed further, I'll have a few mixing type of stuff to add to interest :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2019, 11:54:04 PM »

Yea it is Ibis next to train station but it is on the back side where Skybus pickup/drop off. It is literally 100 ft away. If you stay near Shevchenko, it is quite a walk from train station and it is uphill, probably best to take metro to Universitet from Vokzalna.

Your suggestion of the tube maybe a good one, though I like to fill in the areas of the city I'm not familiar with so I know more of my way around the city. Probably less necessary with Google maps these days but still nice to be aware off I think.

I think you're suggestion of hotel is less so, like a lot of Ibis hotels it doesn't really give off a classy romantic ambiance that would be handy for this task. Think about taking a girl back to such a hotel, if it's from Shevchenko it's a bit of a walk or a tube ride then it's not a great look to her from the outside, the external of the building is not pretty then there is all the vehicles, coaches and mess outside. Better I think to have a short initial journey to a nice area and the scenery all to hand ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:09:18 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2019, 11:58:41 PM »
Name on the bottle says it is Martini, in the UK you can't market something that is not true.

It is called Martini & Rossi after the founders of the company, Messrs. Martini and Rossi.  It's not named after the cocktail. :rolleyes:   

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:13:26 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2019, 12:41:32 AM »
It will be interesting to see how you go trench. Approaching women in the street takes some guts and probably what Krim has.... bravado.

It’s easy to to chat with a woman as a friend, but taking that friendly chat to another level, building attraction and rapport, showing her you’re interested in her romantically without looking creepy, is another thing entirely.

As Pat said, you need to pick up on indicators of interest and also give her some yourself, this takes practice for those without natural ability with women.

Online you can do this in the comfort and safety of your home, knowing she’s already interested enough to want to chat with you.  On the street, be prepared to face more rejection than success, in my experience..... maybe the fsu is a little different as you have the foreign factor.

You seem to be perpetually stuck on the first step.... Good luck 🙂
Warning :Today PUA schools, international and local are practicing in a lot of capitals all around the world.
International are the main stream with historical PUA and their affiliates or private coaches and they are from the US. You have also one good (exceptionnaly she is a lady) in UK.
Local are the local guys who try to copy the international one and probably know better the city and the culture (and of course the language). Be careful they are perhaps not skilled as what they tell you.
So Kiev starts to be on the calendar and you will see time to time some instructors and their students hitting some girls in what is called street game.
This one is the most difficult and i suppose that Kreychatik is the first target in their agenda but also some crowdy places (i  will choose underground tunnels of the subway around Maidan or the biggest stations if i were you Trench).
You have also a lot of turkeys of other weirdos who are present around and even if a lot of them will finish with some pros they can mess your game because it raises girls' shield at the end
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2019, 01:14:31 AM »
Warning :Today PUA schools, international and local are practicing in a lot of capitals all around the world.
International are the main stream with historical PUA and their affiliates or private coaches and they are from the US. You have also one good (exceptionnaly she is a lady) in UK.
Local are the local guys who try to copy the international one and probably know better the city and the culture (and of course the language). Be careful they are perhaps not skilled as what they tell you.
So Kiev starts to be on the calendar and you will see time to time some instructors and their students hitting some girls in what is called street game.
This one is the most difficult and i suppose that Kreychatik is the first target in their agenda but also some crowdy places (i  will choose underground tunnels of the subway around Maidan or the biggest stations if i were you Trench).
You have also a lot of turkeys of other weirdos who are present around and even if a lot of them will finish with some pros they can mess your game because it raises girls' shield at the end

Apprieciate the thought Pat, don't worry its not traditional PUA stuff I'm out to do, not at first at least. I'm just going to have to test the water and try various stuff if I'm not getting any girls up. I think its true there are guys that travel to these places like Kiev and the big main touristy cities of the FSU to do the PUA stuff even the more far flung stuff just for sex tourism. Its a real pain as those giys can get in the way and mess stuff up. I think though that in general they are not numerous enough on the grand scale of things to make a significant difference. If you think they will be there probably just about 10-15 minutes or so on average in a spot before moving on. That in the life of the odd few girls passing by is not a great deal of impact in a society where guys picking up girls is the norm. You are right though on trying other places if it seems to be not going well in one area. I'll make a list of different alternative stuff I can do to try and drum up a girl before I go so I''ll have a few back up ideas already just in case.

Offline JayH

« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2019, 02:11:49 AM »
Ya'all are being far to nice to the social misfit!
If he attempts to implement this strategy  -- he will get arrested !!!

And/or the sh.. beaten out of him ! :cluebat:

Make sure you read his hotel reviews --  he can tell you how amazing  the hotel was in such a poor country full of girls as poor as church mice  ! That is the TC style on Trip advisor ( or similar) ahh such expertise to rely on !!!  :deadhorse:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 02:17:17 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2019, 04:16:29 AM »
Ya'all are being far to nice to the social misfit!
If he attempts to implement this strategy  -- he will get arrested !!!

And/or the sh.. beaten out of him ! :cluebat:

Make sure you read his hotel reviews --  he can tell you how amazing  the hotel was in such a poor country full of girls as poor as church mice  ! That is the TC style on Trip advisor ( or similar) ahh such expertise to rely on !!!  :deadhorse:

Yes I know, approaching women in the dark underground may come across a bit creepy so not necessarily the best place.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2019, 05:43:20 AM »
"If he attempts to implement this strategy  -- he will get arrested !!!

s'more down under thunder eh jay
WHO ever got arrested in Ukraine for doing that, y'know who?
nobody...
you're hunting in a territory that has minimal "game management"

you guys are all so conditioned to act like the rest of the herd
going rogue is so in vogue...

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 05:45:28 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2019, 07:00:03 AM »
Well it's done, just pulled the trigger on flights from Stansted with Ryanair for a few days in Kiev in May for there & back for just Ł40! :D

I'm happy to travel light as just in Kiev a few days so will just take myself and my travel bag. That should work well for me as less stuff to lose. I have my eye on a reasonably priced hotel near Shevchenko Uni/Park. I may possibly have one girl who may come to see me but to be honest this trip is really about giving Krimster's method a crack. I'm going to pass on trying to mobilize the girls through the dating sites for this one as it's getting a bit of a chore anyway. I'm aiming to make this a cheap trip so it won't matter too much if it falls flat, hopefully though it won't. I couldn't get anything to tie up with dates and flight costs till June which was longer than I wanted to wait to try and get some action in. With a bit of luck the weather will be good and I'll have a good time :)

ohh when when when, I will time it so I am there at that time to see you in action, please do tell :)
Maybe I'll even be nice to you and show you how's it done  ;D
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2019, 07:08:29 AM »
Trench Coat, I think there is little hope for you, if you do not know the difference between a Martini and Martini & Rossi.

The underground passages by the central train station are rank and foul in Kivy, filled with urine and garbage. Further at night I would be uncomfortable in them. It's a bit of up bus ride or hike to Maidan or to the center.

While I am uncertain as to your specific dates I looked at 4 nights on Booking.com at Salute which is a super cool hotel. The price was $ 256.- US excluding breakfast. The hotel over looks the Dnieper and is next to the children's palace. Think many women bringing or picking up there sprockets. Every woman will be comfortable meeting in this area.

Though avoid the Irish pub down the street. You can walk safely on 15 minutes to the Iron Lady and in about the same time you can be center on Kreshatik. Close by is the Arsenally and there are allot of women there as well for exhibitions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:12:06 AM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline msmob

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2019, 08:00:50 AM »

Maybe I'll even be nice to you and show you how's it done  ;D

How NOT to do it will be more accurate ((

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2019, 08:43:53 AM »
How NOT to do it will be more accurate ((

no, how to do it.

How not to do it we all know he already have accomplished and nailed down to a science.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Davo

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2019, 08:46:17 AM »
Trench, why don’t you broaden your horizons a little.....

I paid $580 aud for over 2 weeks in a nice beach front apartment, over looking the foreshore esplanade.

Every week day I would walk or ride a bike the 4km along it to the city center, for lunch dates. After I would explore the city and parks, where I saw many other attractive women walking during their lunch breaks.

On my way I would literally pass 100’s of attractive women and on the odd occasion I would stop to ask them a questions about the city. All gave me their time, even if they didn’t know English and we used an app to communicate.

Although I wish you luck, you are trying the same trip that you failed miserably with last time. If this one falls flat try something different, including the women you are targeting.

There are many women with one child in their 30’s who want more children and if you treat their child like your own, you probably have her heart forever.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:54:58 AM by Davo »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2019, 08:53:37 AM »
"If he attempts to implement this strategy  -- he will get arrested !!!

s'more down under thunder eh jay
WHO ever got arrested in Ukraine for doing that, y'know who?
nobody...
you're hunting in a territory that has minimal "game management"

you guys are all so conditioned to act like the rest of the herd
going rogue is so in vogue...

That's true Krimster, the western culture is so game managed now mostly by feminist values, 'you can't do this, you can't do that, its not pc to do this or that, women are expecting...' Its such a stuffy straightjacket that men are afraid to even make a move there are now so many faux pas to lay a man low. The awkwardness to a man even trying to pick up a women in the west is severe to say the least because of all the game management going on these days. Game Management in the west entails a guy basically leaves his dignity at the door and make a spectacle of himself acting like a court jester to apparently entertain the woman, how very demeaning.   

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2019, 09:26:16 AM »
Trench Coat, I think there is little hope for you, if you do not know the difference between a Martini and Martini & Rossi.

The underground passages by the central train station are rank and foul in Kivy, filled with urine and garbage. Further at night I would be uncomfortable in them. It's a bit of up bus ride or hike to Maidan or to the center.

While I am uncertain as to your specific dates I looked at 4 nights on Booking.com at Salute which is a super cool hotel. The price was $ 256.- US excluding breakfast. The hotel over looks the Dnieper and is next to the children's palace. Think many women bringing or picking up there sprockets. Every woman will be comfortable meeting in this area.

Though avoid the Irish pub down the street. You can walk safely on 15 minutes to the Iron Lady and in about the same time you can be center on Kreshatik. Close by is the Arsenally and there are allot of women there as well for exhibitions.

The Salute is a funky looking hotel and certainly a step up from the Ibis ;D but I would have a long trip over there from the station, that's not a real big problem but I think I would be going to a funky hotel that may not suit my needs being in not the right area for me. I can see your point if I wanted to aim specifically at women with children, but I'm not wanting to go all out to set myself up on that front. The hotel is not far from the hydropark but that being off any use will mean being there on a good day. To some extent I'm a little concerned that the Shevchenko Park area may have too many students and I'm not really wanting to aim at getting a student girl after unless she is more of a mature student. I am in general open to anyone where there may be chemistry even a girl with a child though I don't currently see that as the most ideal situation. If there is an area, park etc where women in their late twenties to early to mid thirties hang out then that could be ideal for me, either professional girls or girls with general jobs or whatever.

The Arsenally cultural quarter may seem to be of interest but I've tried such places in Lviv and they didn't tend to come up well with the type of woman necessary for dating purposes, sometimes scant on single women alone or those looking too studious to be interested in dating and often no eye contact whatsoever but looking at artefacts. So in general they can be a time consuming waste of time unless you get lucky, so I would much rather pursue other methods as Krimster suggests. The Maidan area is an impressive area, I've stayed in the Hotel Ukraine with a great view overlooking the square. Its not a great area to find a girl though, there is Maidan Square itself with the odd passing person/tourist but often demonstrations and nutters. Opposite and around are a few basic restaurants, some nice enough but often nothing spectacular, then you have a long road that runs the length, here you can see girls passing but they are often on the move so not ideal, its busy and not the most condusive area for meeting girls, at night it tends to descend to youngsters loitering around somewhat drunk.

For me the Shevchenko Park area looks a better area as its less of a linear section of the city and more block like so a more wider selction of options to hand than the Maidan area which is nice but quite confined. I think a park area would suit my needs better where women may linger more and move at a slower pace.   

Offline Boethius

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2019, 10:58:09 AM »
That's true Krimster, the western culture is so game managed now mostly by feminist values, 'you can't do this, you can't do that, its not pc to do this or that, women are expecting...' Its such a stuffy straightjacket that men are afraid to even make a move there are now so many faux pas to lay a man low. The awkwardness to a man even trying to pick up a women in the west is severe to say the least because of all the game management going on these days. Game Management in the west entails a guy basically leaves his dignity at the door and make a spectacle of himself acting like a court jester to apparently entertain the woman, how very demeaning.

What a bunch of hooey. I have sons. Neither of them lack female attention. In fact, one of them mostly rejects advances, doesn’t want a girlfriend. I also have a cousin, older than you, who has no issues finding women to date. This has more to do with you than any WW.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »
What a bunch of hooey. I have sons. Neither of them lack female attention. In fact, one of them mostly rejects advances, doesn’t want a girlfriend. I also have a cousin, older than you, who has no issues finding women to date. This has more to do with you than any WW.

Either the is gay, not yet reached pubity or has only gets approached by mingers or something of the like. I would advise you to turn your trained legal eye on the situation with that son Boe, it is 'highly' unusual. A straight make guy in his prime will always go for an attractive girl that there is any sort of chemistry with. It's girls that turn down guys they are attracted to for serious reasons like serious study or whatever in the west not guys. Even with guys the more time that passes the less choice they can have.

If I were you I would find out what way your son here is actually inclined, does he just go for fatties, is he gay/bi etc, any fetishes he may have. To me a guy who is turning down girls, well there is something more going on there then meets the eye, that's for sure.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2019, 11:19:25 AM »
No, he is young and doesn’t want a serious relationship. 

Not all men think alike. My husband used to get hit on every day, both before and after we married. The last time was about 4 years ago. He was with our son, who was very uncomfortable with the encounter. Not once was husband interested in the woman, and I can assure you, he’s not gay, or into fetishes.

I suspect your view is based on your own lack of success with women at home.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:24:57 AM by Boethius »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2019, 11:50:53 AM »
No, he is young and doesn’t want a serious relationship. 

Not all men think alike. My husband used to get hit on every day, both before and after we married. The last time was about 4 years ago. He was with our son, who was very uncomfortable with the encounter. Not once was husband interested in the woman, and I can assure you, he’s not gay, or into fetishes.

I suspect your view is based on your own lack of success with women at home.

It probably partly is but I would suggest that your husband & sons interest from woman is not common among most men. So they but either look like Brad Pitt and/or be a big Mr Personality.

So what was the line of approach from these women then?

Offline msmob

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2019, 12:03:07 PM »
Trench, suggesting to Boethius that he is 'normal' ? .....  :wallbash:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2232
Total: 2243

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM