It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Prevalence of Interracial Relationships  (Read 15474 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Prevalence of Interracial Relationships
« on: November 14, 2018, 07:29:41 AM »
. It also applies to trying to normalize inter racial relationships where such families are portrayed as the norm, when, in fact, they make up a very small proportion of the population.
I don't have the percentages in front of me, but I know a lot of inter racial relationships.  Not just from the international scene, but just routine relationships.  Why wouldn't and shouldn't this be the norm?  I think more people are getting exposed to more people of different nationalities/races, and they are often finding them attractive.  I would say people were more insulated in the past, but that is 'a-changin'. 

Fathertime!   

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Prevalence of Interracial Relationships
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:50:09 AM »
I don't have the percentages in front of me, but I know a lot of inter racial relationships.  Not just from the international scene, but just routine relationships.  Why wouldn't and shouldn't this be the norm?  I think more people are getting exposed to more people of different nationalities/races, and they are often finding them attractive.  I would say people were more insulated in the past, but that is 'a-changin'. 

Fathertime!   

Fathertime!
You may know a lot in your circle of acquaintances but does that translate across an entire population?
Highly improbable.
It’s most certainly not the norm.
You’re also lumping inter-national and inter-racial relationships into the same basket.
They are quite different animals.
You might want to see the world turn a shade of brown but I quite like the differences amongst people.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 07:59:00 AM »
You may know a lot in your circle of acquaintances but does that translate across an entire population?
Highly improbable. 

My experiences are here in Los Angeles mainly.  Where a lot of people are exposed to a lot of different races.   If you go to Wyoming or Alaska there probably isn't as much exposure to different races so there is very little chance of inter racial marriages. 

You might want to see the world turn a shade of brown but I quite like the differences amongst people.

Oh I see now, you are against inter racial marriages for some reason.  I'm not, I say let people choose who they want to be with whether it be the same color or not.  No restrictions, judgments, or stigmas. While not the norm, it may one day be the norm as that is where it is trending.   

You’re also lumping inter-national and inter-racial relationships into the same basket.
They are quite different animals.

I'm ok with leaving out international relationships, which was my intent if it wasn't clear. 

Fathertime! 

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 08:15:21 AM »
My experiences are here in Los Angeles mainly.  Where a lot of people are exposed to a lot of different races.   If you go to Wyoming or Alaska there probably isn't as much exposure to different races so there is very little chance of inter racial marriages. 

That would explain it.

Oh I see now, you are against inter racial marriages for some reason.  I'm not, I say let people choose who they want to be with whether it be the same color or not.  No restrictions, judgments, or stigmas. While not the norm, it may one day be the norm as that is where it is trending.   
What I am against is the media portrayal that happy clappy inter racial relationships a la tanned fuzzy haired  smiling kids are the norm.

I'm ok with leaving out international relationships, which was my intent if it wasn't clear. 
That’s fine by me.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 08:25:22 AM »
That would explain it.

Keep in mind there are more people in Southern California then there are in about 15 of least populated states combined.  So in that respect Southern California is more typical than Alaska, Wyoming, or South Dakota . 

What I am against is the media portrayal that happy clappy inter racial relationships a la tanned fuzzy haired  smiling kids are the norm.
How would you like the media to portray the children of inter racial relationships?   Believe it or not the kids produced are just like any other children.  Some outwardly happy, others quiet, just normal kids.    Is there something wrong with 'tanned fuzzy haired kids' being portrayed as happy?  Are they supposed to be portrayed as morose and stoic? 
There are a lot of kids of interracial parents, and that number is going to grow as they reach child bearing age. 

Fathertime!   

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 09:11:05 AM »
Keep in mind there are more people in Southern California then there are in about 15 of least populated states combined.  So in that respect Southern California is more typical than Alaska, Wyoming, or South Dakota . 
One state out of 51 is not a typical representation of the population of the US.  You are being quite misleading.
How would you like the media to portray the children of inter racial relationships?   Believe it or not the kids produced are just like any other children.  Some outwardly happy, others quiet, just normal kids.    Is there something wrong with 'tanned fuzzy haired kids' being portrayed as happy?  Are they supposed to be portrayed as morose and stoic? 
There are a lot of kids of interracial parents, and that number is going to grow as they reach child bearing age. 

Fathertime!
Are you being deliberately obtuse or it it a normal state of mind for you? A mixed race family unit, as regularly portrayed by the media, is not representative of the typical family unit anywhere in the western world, however much you wish it to be.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 09:21:24 AM »
One state out of 51 is not a typical representation of the population of the US. 
In respect to the population California represents roughly 12% of all of the US.  Of course there are other populated states similar to California.

Are you being deliberately obtuse or it it a normal state of mind for you? A mixed race family unit, as regularly portrayed by the media, is not representative of the typical family unit anywhere in the western world, however much you wish it to be.
You have already stated how you disapprove of mixed families. My position is I don't care if a relationship is mixed or not, it isn't something important to me.    I have bad news for you though, in 2010 15.1% of marriages in the US were mixed.  That number is probably higher now, and the trend is going nowhere but up. 
 Here is a little googled wiki link on the subject. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_marriage_in_the_United_States 

Fathertime!   

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 09:21:33 AM »
One state out of 51 is not a typical representation of the population of the US. ...

Well, Obama would disagree...he counted 57 the last time.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 09:41:41 AM »
In respect to the population California represents roughly 12% of all of the US.  Of course there are other populated states similar to California.
So you agree with me that the population of Southern California is not typical of that of the US.
You have already stated how you disapprove of mixed families.
Please point out where I have stated this. Again, you are misrepresenting the point I was making.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 09:58:05 AM »
So you agree with me that the population of Southern California is not typical of that of the US.
Point out to me where I said it was typical of the entire US.  Southern California has a greater population then a bunch of states all combined. 

Please point out where I have stated this. Again, you are misrepresenting the point I was making.
Your earlier comment regarding happy tanned fuzzy headed babies didn’t sound too delighted about their existence.    There are quite of few of these children In addition to other children of mixed race parents who have children that have straight hair paler skin etc etc.
The entire group represents millions now if not more so I see no reason why these children shouldn’t be represented in the media just like most anyone else.

Fathertime! 
Fathertime!   

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »
<snip>Here is a little googled wiki link on the subject.<snip>...Fathertime!

:shock:

Oh no! Not you, too! It has fast become a contagious disease in this site!!! An epidemic!! Nooooooo...
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 10:41:24 AM »
Point out to me where I said it was typical of the entire US.  Southern California has a greater population then a bunch of states all combined. 
No you didn’t say that exactly but you did make a comparison of Sourhern California against 15 other states  and broadening  the scope.
Your earlier comment regarding happy tanned fuzzy headed babies didn’t sound too delighted about their existence. 
Ah, so from what ‘sounded’ like something you made an erroneous conclusion. Sometimes it’s prudent to read and understand the point that’s being made.
  There are quite of few of these children In addition to other children of mixed race parents who have children that have straight hair paler skin etc etc.
The entire group represents millions now if not more so I see no reason why these children shouldn’t be represented in the media just like most anyone else.
I quite agree. It’s when only the minority is being portrayed in the media as the majority that suspicions arise that the MSM has an agenda.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »
It’s when only the minority is being portrayed in the media as the majority that suspicions arise that the MSM has an agenda.
Show me how you reach the conclusion that the minority is being portrayed as the majority.

Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 11:27:08 AM »
:shock:

Oh no! Not you, too! It has fast become a contagious disease in this site!!! An epidemic!! Nooooooo...
😀

Offline fathertime

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 11:29:15 AM »
No you didn’t say that exactly but you did make a comparison of Sourhern California against 15 other states  and broadening  the scope.
I pointed out the fact that Southern California has as much population as 15 or so other states.  So in that respect SoCal is representive of a lot of people.
Fathertime!

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 11:32:15 AM »
Well, Obama would disagree...he counted 57 the last time.
And he wasn't even British... [maybe he was really a Kenyan after all?]  :rolleyes:
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline fathertime

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 11:33:25 AM »
Ah, so from what ‘sounded’ like something you made an erroneous conclusion. Sometimes it’s prudent to read and understand the point that’s being made.
The only point you have made is that you aren’t fond of interracial relationships.  I haven’t seen your proof their is a conspiracy in the media.  The group represents millions of not more so they can be portrayed in tv shows without it being disproportionate.  In addition tv is also entertainment so perhaps audiences like to see this sort of relationship. 

Fathertime!

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »
I think it is great that there is a growing number of advertisements that feature interracial couples...

While it is not the current majority, these type of couples have been suppressed for so long that perhaps some over exposure (proportionate compared to their actual numbers) is warranted.   Is this the PC advertising of the future?  Who knows?   

I find it ironic that you, John Gaunt, are having this discussion with Fathertime and GQ Blues.   Fathertime is married to a woman from South America and GQ Blues is a man of Filippino descent, married to a woman from Russia.  And we are all on a forum which, has as its stated purpose, the union of people from one continent or country to another.

As a society, I hope we further embrace children with heads, fuzzy or otherwise.  We need to further eliminate the barriers of race.   And that includes marriages of people with different skin hues.   Personally, I contemplated many different cultures and races prior to my initial foray into Eastern Europe. 

I believe that within two generations we will no longer be having these discussions.  And we will be better for it.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 12:40:46 PM »
...I find it ironic that you, John Gaunt, are having this discussion with Fathertime and GQ Blues.   Fathertime is married to a woman from South America and GQ Blues is a man of Filippino descent, married to a woman from Russia....

Yes, and both live in one of the states (out of the 50, not 51. But please, don't confuse this with Obama's 57 either) largely governed by numbnuts and snowflakes..

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 01:47:12 PM »
I think it is great that there is a growing number of advertisements that feature interracial couples...
Still in the minority’s tho’.

I find it ironic that you, John Gaunt, are having this discussion with Fathertime and GQ Blues.   Fathertime is married to a woman from South America and GQ Blues is a man of Filippino descent, married to a woman from Russia.
I couldn’t care less who I was having this discussion with.
  And we are all on a forum which, has as its stated purpose, the union of people from one continent or country to another.
Really, I could have sworn this was a forum exclusively about Russian women. Perhaps the forum should be renamed?

As a society, I hope we further embrace children with heads, fuzzy or otherwise.  We need to further eliminate the barriers of race.   And that includes marriages of people with different skin hues.   Personally, I contemplated many different cultures and races prior to my initial foray into Eastern Europe. 
I quite like that there different ethnicities and races. Makes for a more interesting world.
Again, for those of simple minds, it’s the over representation of those different hued people on our tv screens I take issue with, especially around Christmas time.
I believe that within two generations we will no longer be having these discussions.  And we will be better for it.
I rather doubt it.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 01:59:21 PM »
Show me how you reach the conclusion that the minority is being portrayed as the majority.

Fathertime!
You’d have to be seeing through my eyes. Yours are obviously blinkered.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 02:03:23 PM »
I agree with John Gault. All women should only be long-legged, busty, blue-eyed blondes with a great set of gnashers.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 02:05:33 PM »
And he wasn't even British... [maybe he was really a Kenyan after all?]  :rolleyes:

No, not British. Just a 'wanna-be' European. They rejected his application to be one because he's convinced Austrians speak Austrian.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 02:06:55 PM »
The only point you have made is that you aren’t fond of interracial relationships.
You’re obviously selective in comprehending what any reader of simple English would pick up in the blink of an eye.
I haven’t seen your proof their is a conspiracy in the media.
Go and sit in front of your Telly and observe. It’ll soon be apparent. That’s your homework. Now run along or it’ll be 6 of the best for you.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 02:14:01 PM by John Gaunt »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 02:12:59 PM »
...Really, I could have sworn this was a forum exclusively about Russian women. Perhaps the forum should be renamed?

Yes, I agree. It should be named 'Trenchcoat, the ultimate British Playboy'...of maybe 'Googler Central'...or, 'My Love Affair with the Bottle. Confessions of an Irish sailor'...

Best yet...'Make Europe Great Again! Hug a Migrant!'...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541386
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3727
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3717
Total: 3727

+-Recent Posts

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:09:50 AM