It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Canada to Russia visa question  (Read 4631 times)

Offline Sous02

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Canada to Russia visa question
« on: August 01, 2015, 12:32:33 PM »
Do I have to travel to one of the consulates or embassy in Canada to be issued a visa to visit my girlfriend in Russia. I am new at this be gentle. Thanks for any help or advice

Offline onlyFSU4me

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Canada to Russia visa question
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 06:59:14 PM »
No you don't. I got my ticket to Russia through a travel agency (Co-op travel) and they organized the visa along with my flight. I think it cost around 150.00 and took about a week to get it. But that was in 2010, price could be different now.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 12:18:24 PM »
I am new at this be gentle.

WE are gentle. We always put lubrication on our boots before asking newbies to bend over! In another thread you say you're engaged but now you're asking about a visa to get to Russia. We recommend not to get engaged to women before you meet them. There have been VERY few men who have done this successfully. Usually those men have had outstanding communications with the lady by Skype and phone before visiting her. Even so, it's hard to understand the person you're going to marry without face to face time and studying their habits. Since you and your lady are engaged before meeting, keep your options open. You've invested a lot but be prepared to walk away from her if something isn't right. You're about to dedicate the rest of your life to this person. Make sure it's right. If not, move on. Plenty of fish in the sea.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Sous02

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 12:40:10 PM »
Sorry I did not mentioned that we have been away on holidays together in other countries. I am asking as I am going back with her to Russia after she visits Canada.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
Sorry I did not mentioned that we have been away on holidays together in other countries. I am asking as I am going back with her to Russia after she visits Canada.

That sounds much better.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Sous02

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »
No problem I appreciate all the help I can get. This is one hell of a process and as I look at the long and short term challenges I get overwhelmed.
I can't believe that a person in as big a country has to travel to Moscow to get a medical. I know long way off from that but I am researching. Is that true by the way?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 05:09:57 PM »
I can't believe that a person in as big a country has to travel to Moscow to get a medical. I know long way off from that but I am researching. Is that true by the way?

Your consulate should have a list of approved medical facilities that they will allow your fiancée to get a medical. There could be some outside of Moscow but that is something you need to find out from them.

Offline Sous02

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 04:08:37 AM »
One of the "visa experts" in my girlfriends city told her she should apply for a U.S. Tourist visa first and then a Canadian visa? Sounds crazy to me, your thoughts?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »
One of the "visa experts" in my girlfriends city told her she should apply for a U.S. Tourist visa first and then a Canadian visa? Sounds crazy to me, your thoughts?

American tourist visa is one of the hardest to get for single FSU women. Does your lady have tons of cash in the bank, children back home and/or property? She has a better chance getting an American tourist visa if she can prove she has something back home worth coming back to.

Offline ML

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 08:43:04 AM »
As Billy said, the 'visa expert' was merely alluding to fact that USA visa is hard to get.

So the idea is, if a person has USA visa in their passport, this probably increases chances that they can get visa to enter any other country in the world.

However, this is a long run and expensive idea, not a short term solution.

i.e. If a person wants to travel 'anywhere' in world in say 3 years; apply for USA visa now and have it in your passport before planning to go somewhere else.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 10:48:57 AM »

Neither will effect the other. Unless she/you both plan on visiting the US, it's pointless and extra work.

Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?

..."Yes, you will still need a Canadian visa (temporary resident visa) to enter Canada if you are from a visa-required country. A visa from the United States does not permit entry to Canada."...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1020&t=16

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline abashka

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 02:24:40 AM »
Yes, it is considered that if you have a USA visa, and you already visited USA it improves your chances for the Canadian one.

USA visa is easy to get now, much more easier than a Canadian one (if you have a good job and some money in the bank), but it does not guarantee anything for a Canadian embassy if your girl does not have strong ties with Russia (I mean family, kids, good job here, property - see above), good salary and some money in the bank.

Before I applied for a Canadian visa I had read tons of information about it and it had taken me about a month to prepare the full pack of documents. I have a good job, salary, property, car, I prepared two A4 letters with description of what I would do in Canada for two weeks- routes, hotels, train/bus numbers, day by day activities etc, I wrote that I would leave my little one at home so I would return back - and after all of it I was not sure I would get it.

Now I have 9 years Canadian visa:) But for me it was really the hardest one!

Offline Misha

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 09:39:59 PM »
Do I have to travel to one of the consulates or embassy in Canada to be issued a visa to visit my girlfriend in Russia. I am new at this be gentle. Thanks for any help or advice

Unless they have changed the rules (again) in the past year, if you can't go in person to a consulate, you have to use an approved agency. The one I have been using these past few years: IVPSC.com. More info as to what is needed: http://ivpsc.com/requirements.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541005
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1877
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM