It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Help On-The-Ground American Reporter In Ukraine Buy a Camera  (Read 2483 times)

Offline The Natural

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10

Offline The Natural

Re: Help On-The-Ground American Reporter In Ukraine Buy a Camera
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 06:15:34 PM »
You know what, you know what I'm feeling like, so just donate a few dollars or be out of here.......
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:22:36 PM by The Natural »

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 08:31:52 PM »
I wish the guy luck, but I think eventually he and his wife (who assists him) will be disappointed.  He is very heavily invested (emotionally and intellectually) in the DNR concept.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 08:35:14 PM »
He is not the first Western reporter.  Simon Ostrovsky, originally from Russia but an American citizen, is the first Western reporter in the area.

Also, that reporter is lying about Ukraine cutting off medication.  Ukraine required permits to enter or leave the terrorist zones, because of well, terrorism.  That did result in medicines (and food, and people) being delayed in reaching destinations.  But it was not a planned action to punish the population.  The terrorists did the same thing, because the worse things are in their controlled areas, the better for them.

He should be begging his terrorist masters/Russian government propaganda arms for equipment, as he is doing their bidding. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 11:58:51 PM »
Neither is he a good writer. A few courses in grammar and punctuation would help him a lot more than a camera at this stage of his immaturity.

He is ignorant of, of just plain lying, to say that there are no regular first-run English telecasts of the conflict. I will give him credit for just being ignorant.

As to his knowledge, even folks from the stone age have dropped "the" from the name of the country that has only one word in its name. I was not at all impressed.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 12:00:28 AM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 07:11:08 AM »
As to his knowledge, even folks from the stone age have dropped "the" from the name of the country that has only one word in its name. I was not at all impressed.

To be fair, mendy, he did NOT use "the Ukraine."  That was written by whoever did the editorial introduction.

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 08:23:40 AM »
Well he's not really a "reporter", he's a blogger. A prolific one at that. He's also rabidly anti Washington and Kiev.

Based on what I've read doing a quick online search (if you seek to solicit money from me for yourself or on behalf of someone else expect me to do some due diligence, folks) at the very least I'd conclude he's paid by the Russian troll factory.

One tweet in particular suggests he's moved beyond "reporting" on the terrorist's actions to active participation...

http://twitter.com/gheliason/status/454972697714647040

Our friend also has a VK account (which I won't link) one pic with his arms around a couple of terrorists with this caption...

"Arriving in Kirovsk for Victory Day! We spent Victory Day with our good friends in Prezrak."

Look up Prezrak or Prizrak, you'll get the idea.

I could continue but suffice to say at this point I've edit: identified him as not being a suitable recipient for my contribution.

Brass
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 08:26:40 AM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 08:33:11 AM »
Well he's not really a "reporter", he's a blogger. A prolific one at that. He's also rabidly anti Washington and Kiev.

Based on what I've read doing a quick online search (if you seek to solicit money from me for yourself or on behalf of someone else expect me to do some due diligence, folks) at the very least I'd conclude he's paid by the Russian troll factory.

One tweet in particular suggests he's moved beyond "reporting" on the terrorist's actions to active participation...

http://twitter.com/gheliason/status/454972697714647040

Our friend also has a VK account (which I won't link) one pic with his arms around a couple of terrorists with this caption...

"Arriving in Kirovsk for Victory Day! We spent Victory Day with our good friends in Prezrak."

Look up Prezrak or Prizrak, you'll get the idea.

I could continue but suffice to say at this point I've edit: identified him as not being a suitable recipient for my contribution.

Brass

Your conclusion appears to be shared by many of us.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 07:10:46 PM »
Anotherkiwi:
That was written by whoever did the editorial introduction.

Thank you for that correction.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2260
Total: 2271

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM