It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Holiday in Crimea  (Read 19677 times)

Offline The Natural

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Holiday in Crimea
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 11:58:08 AM »
Maritime pilot?

Correct Sandro. He actually said the word pilot and I understood what he meant when he explained it a little more. In Norway it is called Los.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »
Smirnov is an original Russian vodka but it is distilled here in the states as well as Russia and widely distributed so it may not be surprising to buy a bottle distilled in the USA.

Enjoying the trip report Roy.
Thanks

I see. Was confused with the "ov" and "off" as Mendeleyev suggested and that it is sold under the country name of USA in our state alcohol monopoly.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 01:12:22 PM »
The young man who drove us home from the centre of Kerch yesterday, had insisted to my wife that we let him be our designated driver here and gave her his card. Why not, he seems dependable and quite chatty.

So my wife called him this afternoon as we planned to go back to the centre, but this time to the harbour area.
On the way there, my wife told me he said he had come from Lugansk where he also worker as a driver but he came here to get work because of the situation there. He told us some very interesting information about the war there, but I will not get into it here as this thread is not a political one.

Most cars are with Russian plates, but I saw a couple with Ukrainian plates.

On photo 4 one can see the passenger ferry go towards the mainland. There is another ferry that carry cars.

Erik always fall asleep in the car. On the photo my wife tries to kiss him awake again  :)

He enjoyed very much a couple of runs with the radio car, was surprisingly competent at the wheels if I must say so myself.

We spent several hours in this adventure park for children and Erik had a great time. Lots of things for the kids to do there.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 01:45:52 PM »
Heres a special service for single guys that might not be too interested in viewing family photos or of the scenery, quite understandable.

I must say that I have never before in my life seen so many hot women in one place as here. Whereever one turns, there is one or more incredibly, lean but curvy, hottie walking by. In the adventure park often with a kid naturally, but on the pedestrian street often alone or with a girlfriend.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »
Of course they are hot . . . it is summer.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 02:14:45 PM »
Roy, I know you're a fan but, the Putin shirt is a bit much. There could be calls for you to turn in your man card  ;D

Offline The Natural

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2016, 02:33:06 PM »
Roy, I know you're a fan but, the Putin shirt is a bit much. There could be calls for you to turn in your man card  ;D

Surely you dont mean I should not wear this t-shirt, a gift from MIL?  ;)
I forgot about the shirt while out but got no ugly looks.
Man card? That expression I must confess Im not familiar with.

Offline Larry1

Man Card
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2016, 03:49:59 PM »
Man card? That expression I must confess Im not familiar with.

Here is the defintion from the Urban Dictionary:

Man Card
Requirement to be accepted as a respectable member of the male community. Can and should be revoked by other respectable males for doing non-respectable-male things.
We had to take away Henry's Man Card because he cried in public when Kristina dumped him.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Man%20Card

Warning: if you're inclined to browse the urban dictionary be aware that you may run across some disgustingly gross phrases.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 03:59:53 PM »
We spent several hours in this adventure park for children and Erik had a great time.

It's okay to admit you had a fun time too. Did you prefer the bumper cars or train ride?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 04:47:02 PM »

You think so?  Along with others here on the forum I have a shirt with Putins image and description on it!  Also a cap  and toilet paper !!
I have even learnt to sing about him!!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:49:46 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline The Natural

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2016, 12:20:13 AM »
It's okay to admit you had a fun time too. Did you prefer the bumper cars or train ride?

Oh, by far the best was the bumper cars, for Erik too. Boys will be boys  :D

Offline The Natural

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2016, 01:41:13 AM »
There is some construction going on around here. The last two photos close to our deck.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2016, 09:15:21 PM »
There is some construction going on around here. The last two photos close to our deck.

Looks pretty dodgy to me!  What about you, BillyB?  You think there's enough PPE to satisfy your health and safety requirements?  :D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2016, 11:10:18 PM »
What about you, BillyB?  You think there's enough PPE to satisfy your health and safety requirements?  :D

Those men are wearing the proper gear for a vacation in Hawaii. If they were on a jobsite in America, they would be asked to put on a shirt, boots, pants, and hardhat. For those who are working outside, they must wear a safety vest with reflectors. Truth is I like their style. They have a better tan than I do.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2016, 04:56:24 AM »
Those men are wearing the proper gear for a vacation in Hawaii. If they were on a jobsite in America, they would be asked to put on a shirt, boots, pants, and hardhat. For those who are working outside, they must wear a safety vest with reflectors. Truth is I like their style. They have a better tan than I do.

A jobsite in Norway would also require protective boots and a hardhat, but I doubt they would care about pants or shirts, at least not on smaller work sites.
But I noticed more the loosely secured scaffold without railings. Thats a definite no-no.
Take a look at the guys working on the electric wires and the guy working in our complex. Was worried he would fall down:

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »
But I noticed more the loosely secured scaffold without railings. Thats a definite no-no
They should try bamboo scaffolding as they do in Hong Kong ;D:

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2016, 06:36:02 PM »

Or wood (the new building next to my hotel in Jaipur):

Offline BillyB

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2016, 06:51:58 PM »

Bamboo scaffolding is only as good as the guy that put it together.

Or wood (the new building next to my hotel in Jaipur):

The wood is temporary support so the recently poured slab above can cure to proper strength.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2016, 03:32:54 AM »
The cigarette boxes here have the same hideous pictures as in the west. Cost 110 roubles per 20 for imported Marlboro which is not far from one tenth of what it cost back home!

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2016, 07:28:56 AM »
no taxes there is why the low price, I left Krim on a train to Germany, half of the other passengers were cigarette smugglers bringing cartons into Poland, and hiding them everywhere on the train from customs officers, ahhhh good times!

Offline The Natural

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2016, 07:37:27 AM »
no taxes there is why the low price, I left Krim on a train to Germany, half of the other passengers were cigarette smugglers bringing cartons into Poland, and hiding them everywhere on the train from customs officers, ahhhh good times!

That is a kind of victimless "crime" that I can like  ;)

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2016, 07:42:03 AM »
Thank you for the images, it seems like things in Crimea are not as bad as many people would like others to believe.

Please keep posting images and your experiences while on holiday.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2016, 12:23:36 PM »

A jobsite in Norway would also require protective boots and a hardhat, but I doubt they would care about pants or shirts, at least not on smaller work sites.
But I noticed more the loosely secured scaffold without railings. Thats a definite no-no.
Take a look at the guys working on the electric wires and the guy working in our complex. Was worried he would fall down:

Interesting photo of the guy on the ladder.  Does not appear that dangerous to me.  None of the wires appear to be power wires.  They look like telephone or cable TV wires.  Therefore, no danger of electrocution.  Also, he has a man at the bottom of the ladder to steady it.

This look relatively safe compared to how they harvest oranges in Southern California.  Basically, they throw a ladder into an orange tree and a picker climbs it and picks the oranges and puts them in a bag.  I think I would rather be the guy on the ladder rather than an orange picker.   :)

Also noticed something in the photo that I found interesting when visiting UA.  Many, if not most of the power poles are concrete rather than wood.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2016, 05:28:17 PM »
The cigarette boxes here have the same hideous pictures as in the west. Cost 110 roubles per 20 for imported Marlboro which is not far from one tenth of what it cost back home!

You told us before Erik was born that you would be giving up smoking.  Did that happen?

Offline The Natural

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2016, 10:24:00 PM »
You told us before Erik was born that you would be giving up smoking.  Did that happen?

Haha, I was just waiting for your reply on that. I remember back in 2011  ;D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1971
Total: 1980

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM