It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: "Why don't you just date an American woman?"  (Read 118225 times)

Offline noelscot

• Commercial Member
  • Offering Ulan-Ude travel support
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
"Why don't you just date an American woman?"
« on: July 23, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »
To the Russian Ladies on the board,

What is the "right" answer to the aforementioned question? To me the question has subtext of "What is this man's defect?"

Thanks.

“The sewage is up to our necks already — whatever you do, don’t make waves.”-Michael Haneke

Offline Vincenzo

Re: "Why don't you just date an American woman?"
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »

Offline Steamer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 05:59:53 PM »
I have never heard this question from a RW but I have heard it from many AW.
My answer is always "I did, in fact I even married one."
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Nat

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:18:26 AM »
To the Russian Ladies on the board,

What is the "right" answer to the aforementioned question?

I guess the women who ask this question expect the true answer, not a "right" one.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 06:56:09 AM »
I guess the women who ask this question expect the true answer, not a "right" one.

IMO, excellent answer Nat and thanks for posting it.

noelscot, take advantage of every possible opportunity to be honest. If that has not previously been a part of your game, consider changing your game. Dishonesty or misleading might get you over the hump in the short term but, in the long run will lead to problems. If it's not the truth, it's lying.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 06:57:51 AM »
Possibly a reason similar to why you're looking at dating a WM.

Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 07:25:29 AM »

Beautiful answer from a sincere RW -straight to the heart of the matter. 
 :applaud:

Noelscot, you want to find a woman with whom communication is easy and interesting, and who is truthful with you and you with her.  Prepared answers are the opposite of this. 

So start with yourself.  Speak the truth.  If your truthful answers do not impress the woman favorably, it is good to discover this now.

My guess is that you still in the correspondence stage.  If true, you need to start talking on the phone/Skype so that your conversations can be spontaneous.

For now I give you two answers which were the truth for me:

Short Answer:

At this stage you don't know if you want to marry a RW.  You simply want very much to know more about RW, and if you met a woman who is ideal for you, and if you felt true love, you would happily marry her regardless of where she is from.

Long Answer:

You first became attracted to RW because the average RW who is interested in you is better looking in her photos than 85% of the AW who are interested in you.  Upon communicating with some RW you found them friendly, and as your communications progressed you discovered many RW differed from AW in subtle ways with regard to background, interests, and values.   On the whole you feel the differences not only charming but infatuating and apparently compatible with your life.  You feel you are a sophisticated man who could embrace a different culture, a different viewpoint. 

Your communications have advanced to the point of flying to the FSU to meet a RW.  [Insert Short Answer]  This will take time, yet you are ready to commit the time because marrying a woman is very serious, compounded by uprooting her to a new world.

Offline noelscot

• Commercial Member
  • Offering Ulan-Ude travel support
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 08:33:39 PM »

I believe credibility is the best policy, not necessarily honesty. But....

Nat, If I answered truthfully, I would say, "A couple guys at work married Russian women, and they seem happy with their choice."

ECOCKS, I did think about responding with, "That sounds like a great idea! Why don't I just go to the bar down the street and do just that?" lol 

Gator, yes, I am still in the correspondence stage. I don't lie to RW or to myself. This question was posed on a video/Skype call. You don't like prepared answers, but at the time the question was posed I didn't have one prepared. There was absolutely no segue to the question. A lot of these conversations are like going before a criminal prosecutor, and my disposition is to clam up and say nothing or change the subject if I have not prepared myself. I think it is one of those "Fail to plan, and you can plan to fail" sort of things. Those are some great answers, by the way.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their input. 
“The sewage is up to our necks already — whatever you do, don’t make waves.”-Michael Haneke

Offline Lily

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 06:15:21 AM »
Say the name "Donna Simpson".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2011437/Worlds-fattest-mother-Donna-Simpsons-daughter-4-feeder.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/12/26/feeling-stuffed-this-is-what-46-st-fattest-woman-in-the-world-ate-for-christmas-115875-22808062/

Ok, she weighs 600lb  spends $750 a week to buy food.

Whom is she looking for?
"He must be handsome, slim, and at least 10 years younger than me."

Vincenzo, this explanation looks plausible to me, but as a RW in Russia I would have a hard time believing it. A woman who is unattractive but who at the same time has this requirements for a man sounds rather unrealistic to me. Such woman must be a complete 'dura', out of her mind, which are relatively rare. In your answer however, you would want to rely on some significant number of then in the US. Again, hard time believing this.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Jumper

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »

"A couple guys at work married Russian women, and they seem happy with their choice."

I wouldn't think there is anything *wrong* with that answer,
and if it is indeed what spiked your interest ,I would think most RW would appreciate the honesty in the answer, as well as understand it raising your curiosity.

Offline Voyager36

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 08:11:08 PM »
To the Russian Ladies on the board, - "Why don't you just date an American woman?"

I asked a RW.

She says because she's not a lesbian.  :cluebat:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:48:59 PM by Voyager36 »

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 08:50:46 PM »
Vincenzo, this explanation looks plausible to me, but as a RW in Russia I would have a hard time believing it. A woman who is unattractive but who at the same time has this requirements for a man sounds rather unrealistic to me. Such woman must be a complete 'dura', out of her mind, which are relatively rare. In your answer however, you would want to rely on some significant number of then in the US. Again, hard time believing this.
You may not believe it, but she's already been married twice. Even she can easily find a decent guy.
Her ex. His father was a diplomat, he went to school with Obama.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:06:28 PM by Vincenzo »

Offline Jooky

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 02:28:17 AM »
Come on...

Does anyone here think that Weekly World News freakshow is in any way representative of what's normal and available in the US?

Offline Muzh

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 06:17:05 AM »
That would be an affirmative, based on what the majority of guys say on these lists. Sour grapes if you ask me.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Gator

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »
Vincenzo,

You just ruined my lunch.   :(

And what percentage of AW in your social circle are similar to this unfortunate woman?

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 04:02:57 PM »
There is only 1 unmarried girl in my company, and she's a copy of this woman. Though, she has a Dutch boyfriend.

If an American girl is decent, she always has a boyfriend.

Offline Jooky

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 02:55:30 AM »
If an American girl is decent, she always has a boyfriend.

Vincenzo, have you had serious relationships in the US? Have you dated much there?

Have you dated women similar to that monstrosity you posted above? Have you even considered it?

I dated plenty in the US. Never did I even consider dating an unnattractive girl, let alone some morbidly obese woman. I agree that dating is easier in Russia, for several reasons, but the 'all the good ones are taken' excuse is lame. It's not that bad in the US. At some point all the 'taken' girls were single, right? And if 'all the decent girls are taken', they're taken by some other dude. So why not you?

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 06:09:46 AM »

Vincenzo, have you had serious relationships in the US? Have you dated much there?

Have you dated women similar to that monstrosity you posted above? Have you even considered it?

I dated plenty in the US. Never did I even consider dating an unnattractive girl, let alone some morbidly obese woman. I agree that dating is easier in Russia, for several reasons, but the 'all the good ones are taken' excuse is lame. It's not that bad in the US. At some point all the 'taken' girls were single, right? And if 'all the decent girls are taken', they're taken by some other dude. So why not you?

Jooky, I am not at all disagreeing with you only to add: There are many, many beautiful available women in the US. Proportionately, likely not as many as Russia but still many. Of course every one has their own idea as to beauty and attraction.

As for the big ole gal in the picture, there's plenty of those too. There are also plenty of men who prefer them. Not my cup of tea but, I do know a couple of guys that won't date anything but fat women and don't mind feeding them as much as they'll eat  ;D . Strange? No doubt but true nonetheless. Proof positive that there is a "butt for every bucket"

Offline wicheese

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 09:04:58 AM »

I have to agree with what Jooky wrote, dating in the USA is not nearly as bad as many on these boards make it sound (at least it was not 18 months back before I decided to focus on my FSUW).    What I have seen from traveling there and also from hearing stories of people who have posted on these forums and shared there pictures:

1. Fat men who complain about fat WW have a chance to attract a thin attractive lady (the same could be said for generally unattractive men).
2. It's a lot easier to find someone who will accept a large age gap (in the USA it seems to be a pretty tight 5 years with the really attractive women having 0 as they look for a younger man).
3. A man who is socially inept when it comes to dating in his own country has a chance in the FSU because language barriers and cultural factors might shield these deficiencies. 
4. It seems like a lot of men rush to the FSU soon after a divorce which in a ways seems like a way of validating themselves, which does not seem to bother the typical FSUW who is looking overseas.

The bottom line is, we can be less than perfect, but still find what would be considered a top tier lady who is beyond what we normally could attract locally.  For myself, I have absolutely no problem telling anyone who asks why I looked in the FSU, it had everything to do with the ability to upgrade on the options I can attract in my corner of the world (not that there is anything wrong with those options, I just was a little greedy).

BTW, I'm not sure how many men run, but just go to a runners club or a major marathon and you'll find lots of attractive, thin, and often educated women (they just will not be too interested in the men sporting a nice Buddha belly).

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 09:05:26 AM »
There's something eery and sad in people's reality when the only social option left who'll give them the attention are those they humiliate and scorn.

Buyer beware...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:09:38 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 10:40:05 AM »

I've dated.

The word "dated" has million variations. It seems to me that it has very different meanings in the US and Russia.
If a Russian girl dates me, it means something. She likes me and tries to evaluate me as a potential life partner. She doesn't have a pool of suitors behind the door, I'm the only one. I have to behave similarly.

When an American woman wants to "date" you, it often means that she already has a boyfriend who is really a sex friend. Gross!

Maybe, something is wrong with me. In Russia, many girls make an eye contact with me, never in the USA except muchachas.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:48:09 AM by Vincenzo »

Offline Lily

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »

When an American woman wants to "date" you, it often means that she already has a boyfriend who is really a sex friend. Gross!

Maybe, something is wrong with me. In Russia, many girls make an eye contact with me, never in the USA except muchachas.

Is this really a behavior of an AW? I would like to know, because as soon as I now live in Canada, I may be perceived by WM just like they perceive their usual AW.

Where can I read about how WW behave at dating?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »
It is an overgeneralization, Lily, just as was Vincenzo's posting of a 600 lb woman as an example of AW.  There are not too many 600 lb women, even in the U.S.

If you really want to know how WW date, visit a women's forum.  You will get far more insight into what you are looking for than you ever will here.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Lily

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 11:44:32 AM »
I see, thanks Boethius :)

Offline Nat

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
Nat, If I answered truthfully, I would say, "A couple guys at work married Russian women, and they seem happy with their choice."

Well, you can use this answer - there's nothing wrong with it :)

Come on...

Does anyone here think that Weekly World News freakshow is in any way representative of what's normal and available in the US?

Exactly.

wicheese, great post! :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1909
Total: 1920

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM