It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Dnipro january travel advice  (Read 29071 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Dnipro january travel advice
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 06:38:24 AM »
Tom I'm impressed.  Visit many is difficult .  I tried a can you come out tonight ploy on f date tonight.  no chance.  I think an element of pre planning is required.  So yes I have a hot date planned in dinopro

Exactly! When I first brought this up with my trip to Lviv last year in the summer I was pilloried on here for not coming up with much (just two women), making mistakes and not making it work. Its easy though for a novice to make mistakes with it though first time around and yes pre-planning/messaging can help. I found that most girls want a bit of rapport built up beforehand, it doesn't have to be a lot but a prior message or two before asking them out. In fairness I understand why as neither of you know each other so its a bit of a blind date and if anything it can feel strange from the guys perspective also until you meet together.

Hence why its best to send out a few messages before you get there to get the ball rolling so you can ask the girl out say on the second or third message. If anything if out there already its better to be patient and do the message process route than hit a brick wall with a load of girls as in the long run its quicker and more rewarding. I also wouldn't bother to stae if you are out there or not, vague seems to be best out there it seems for FSU dating. Compared to visit one its a whole different ball game in approach, its preobably best to have a few girls lined up in advance if possible before going out there.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 10:28:15 AM »
A minimum of 36 hours notice of come out for a first date please.  Can you come out for a first date in an hours time has never worked for me anyware let alone f s u

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 01:23:45 PM »
Depends what method(s) you're using to get dates and meet women. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 02:44:38 PM »
A minimum of 36 hours notice of come out for a first date please.  Can you come out for a first date in an hours time has never worked for me any where let alone f s u

For you maybe.

But many guys here (who were on the ground) have reported on contacting FSU gals (for first time) and meeting with them within an hour or two.

And be careful before you comment about these gals . . . because some of them are married to the guys here.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 04:33:44 PM »
The best way is for YOU - is to ALWAYS be prepared for a date!

Trench, for you this means clean underwear every day is a must!
remember what your mother told you when you were a “wee lad” about being killed in an accident and what would happen if you had dirty underwear on!!!???

seriously, folks, you guys never “hussled” women in Ukraine out somewhere in the market for instance?

OMG!!!  really!!!
I used to troll the big outdoor market in Kyiv at the women’s clothing section for the crem de la crem of the flower of Ukrainian womanhood

would melt your eyeballs off

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 04:59:35 PM »

But many guys here (who were on the ground) have reported on contacting FSU gals (for first time) and meeting with them within an hour or two.

You know ML, talk is cheap.  Many guys???  Sure I can believe girls just sitting at home for some guy to call her up for a quick date. Maybe a pensioner. Most, if not all, girls are gainfully employed.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2019, 07:09:18 AM »
Due to still having not filed my tax I've delayed Dinipro until February.  Thinking of renting an automatic car from sixt unlimited mileage £170 a week.  I've driven a few KM in a car in the Ukraine and been a passenger in cars taxis and mini buses.  Any big issues I should know about? 

Things I know:  big pot holes, turning right on reds illegally, I have an international driving licence as in grey paper one year as well as photo card,  warm clothing for breakdowns, deer,

If I park in the street in dinipro will the car be ok ?

For example Rome Italy leave car un locked, no bags, parcel shelf off, glove compartment open, flat street out of gear hand-break off.  pay the street kid a few euros to watch car

Online krimster2

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2019, 11:27:21 AM »
"if I park in the street in dinipro will the car be ok ?"

NOPE!
in Ukraine, next morning your car will be resting on cinder blocks, tires and battery gone...

but since this is a common problem, there is an equally common solution...
paid parking garages/lots with guards run by the "parking mafia"
ask a local for directions to the nearest one, but you will have to walk awhile back and forth to your car
ahhh... fun times...

unless you have specific plans that require a car, would not recommend renting a "machina" because of all the hassle...
much easier to rent a car AND driver and they can be at your disposal 24/7 if you want
I can't remember how much I paid my drivers, it was so long ago, maybe 50 USD/day + petrol/lunch, etc

biggest driving dangers - extortion by cops!  clueless people on road, road rage pridorki, think Mad Max and you get an idea...
I bought a Mitsubishi Colt, when I lived in Sevastopol, and found it to be reasonable for the area
it's not Germany, so you don't generally need to do Auto-Ban speeds, under 70 KPH average town driving speed on a major road
be aware that pedestrians rarely look at the road before crossing it!!!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:43:52 AM by krimster2 »

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2019, 02:22:38 PM »
Ok, back to reality...

Car on the street should be fine.  As anywhere, don't leave valuables in plain sight and lock the car.  And pick a well lit, public area. Of more concern would be damage from side-scraping and such in narrow roads.

Speed limit through towns is 50, but you will rarely see a speed limit sign posting this.  Just a town name sign, and then a similar one past the town with a diagonal red line through the town name.  Those are the bookend markers for speed reduction.

I got an earful from T when I blew through the first small town at 90 kph.  She said "didn't you see the sign?"; I responded, "what sign?" At the next town she pointed it out to me - the town nameplate.

Offline ML

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2019, 02:29:32 PM »

Car on the street should be fine. 

Steve, I strongly disagree with you, and agree with Krim on this issue.
My wife has a lot of experience with this from family and friends.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2019, 02:31:19 PM »
"Car on the street should be fine."

I assume you're talking overnight parking
NO, OVERNIGHT IS NOT OK!!!
day time parking is OK

here's how to tell for sure 100%!!!
do you see other cars parked on the street at night?
likely you will also not see park benches (torn up for firewood), manhole covers are worth $1 in scrap metal so they're gone to, don't fall down the hole!!!!
if you're in a neighborhood where there are no stray dogs, GTF out ASAP!!!!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:34:36 PM by krimster2 »

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2019, 02:52:53 PM »
Our experiences differ, but then we parked in main areas of the city.

In Mariupol the car was left overnight on a street next to our apartment, which was a side street off one of the main streets from the city square.  In Kharkiv we again left the car overnight on the street next to the apartment, but that street was Nauky Ave, one of the major roads in the city.  In Poltava we parked in the apartment courtyard the first night and on the street the second night.  In Kyiv we parked on a side street in a cluster of new apartment buildings.

We have parked the car off the street in other towns and cities, but only during the day.  Also, it was not a rental, but a Mitsubishi Lancer that T has had for 8 years.  It's in great condition with the only sign of age from the model shape and the foggy headlights.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2019, 03:12:26 PM »
I've had problems with hire cars in the USA standing out as new from LA south

Online krimster2

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2019, 04:22:25 PM »
your experience was for a few days, try over a few years and then tell me...
Russian over night parking = Russian roulette - do ya feel lucky? well do ya?

try parking your car on a dark street in a major city in Ukraine and see how long it lasts
like I 'splained to ya, look around at night, if you don't see ANYONE parking on the street, there may be a reason for that!!!

I have seen cars on cinder blocks, tires missing, early in the AM, call AAA, good luck!!!!

Online krimster2

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2019, 04:50:58 PM »
" from LA south"

that area is ALMOST as bad as Ukraine!!!!!!  do not park over night on the street there!!!

Offline JayH

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2019, 04:56:31 PM »
Ok, back to reality...

Car on the street should be fine.  As anywhere, don't leave valuables in plain sight and lock the car.  And pick a well lit, public area. Of more concern would be damage from side-scraping and such in narrow roads.

Speed limit through towns is 50, but you will rarely see a speed limit sign posting this.  Just a town name sign, and then a similar one past the town with a diagonal red line through the town name.  Those are the bookend markers for speed reduction.

I got an earful from T when I blew through the first small town at 90 kph.  She said "didn't you see the sign?"; I responded, "what sign?" At the next town she pointed it out to me - the town nameplate.

With all due respect to ML and exposure -- the K is referencing a time long ago ( as he is overprone to do) ~!!

Steve offers solid comments - and note -it is recent!
I have had a car virtually everyday I have been in Ukraine -at times leaving it for days at a time- mostly left in unsecured street parking  . Note2 -- that represents more days than K lived in Ukraine !

While it can be true that a car could be molested -- I do not rate it much higher odds than if it was left unattended in an out of the way place anywhere in western countries.Certainly no worse than UK !

Additionally -I know Dnipro quite well and was there again a few months ago - and left the car day and night parked conveniently !

As an observation -- February is not a month I would choose to start driving in Ukraine -- it has been snowing heavily the last few days- and Feb is the coldest month. Also -- Dnipro city centre -- is quite compact and easy to get around - either walking or on trams.
Once there -I would rate it highly as a city where a car is not needed -I was there once for a week without using the car .So choosing accommodation location is important.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online krimster2

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2019, 05:16:13 PM »
"While it can be true that a car could be molested..."

not if the car is over 18......

xactly, my point, who wants a freakin molested car!!!!
then, it wouldn't "feel right" any more, and doubt would start to creep in
next thing ya know I'm lookin at other cars... sad...
so if you care, if you really, truly, care, get a garage....
otherwise, whatever.....

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2019, 05:35:53 PM »
your experience was for a few days, try over a few years and then tell me...

like I 'splained to ya, look around at night, if you don't see ANYONE parking on the street, there may be a reason for that!!!

It was 2 months, but T has had the car for 8 years, perhaps a 1/4 of that time with it parked on the street.

The second sentence is very true - park where other cars are parked, never by itself on a street or alley.

Online krimster2

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2019, 07:41:41 PM »
your mileage may vary in Ukraine
like real estate, it's all about "location"
also be aware in Ukraine of cops putting a locking device on your rented car and then demanding payment
another way your car could be stolen in Ukraine
but most common thing is being vandalized and pieces stolen...

Offline JayH

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2019, 04:17:15 PM »
your mileage may vary in Ukraine
like real estate, it's all about "location"
also be aware in Ukraine of cops putting a locking device on your rented car and then demanding payment
another way your car could be stolen in Ukraine
but most common thing is being vandalized and pieces stolen...

K ==  I know I poke at you about how long ago you were there ( living) :) -- but -- prior to  2014 dealing with the Police was like Russian roulette -that is true. I had many many incidents  with Police -- and  until Police in some areas got faster cars - I decided I would never stop !! Simpler to outrun them than to spend time arguing!
I had decided some time previously to never pay -in any circumstances !Needless to say -that caused plenty of issues in itself !Crimea was a hotspot for Police problems on the road!
It was nothing to have multiple attempts in one day of police attempting to -or stopping you.On one memorable day -- the same cop- in different locations -- stopped me on the way to pick up my lady- then on our way out to eat- then on our way home ! All with no cause -other than a reg nos from a different region !
Since 2014 - nothing like the previous problems . The only time since then a cop has looked for money was when I did not have my headlights on during the day after coming out of a servo -- and he suddenly changed his mind after I pulled out my phone and  took photo of his id !
In more recent times-  the Police are again taking interest in traffic issues - and have or are getting more up to date radar equipment . Some regions are much more active than others .
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2019, 05:39:41 PM »
As to trench and maybe Lyndon I think we brits have a more down to earth approach to women and no longer put them on pedestals as per the USA and Ausi guys

You want to lump us in one bunch all 300 million of us. I will be happy to do the
same for you.

At least we Americans don't stink, like you Brits. Don't you worry that you smell
bad and that any American will smell better than you? What will happen if your
girl compares you to an American who showers at least daily? compared to Brits
who change their sweaters twice each winter?

What about your uncircumcised knob? Don't you worry that it smells like dirty socks?
Maybe that is the reason that you haven't found a girl yet?

SHOCK as 8.4million Britons reveal they shower just once a week
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/847608/How-often-should-you-shower-daily-revealed

Stinky Brits take just FOUR baths and 227 showers each year
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/stinky-brits-take-just-four-4934422

The British are smelly
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/french-do-not-wash-official-but-the-british-are-smelly-1186193.html

What to do about a smelly penis
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322562.php

One in three British men snore, have smelly feet and fart a lot, study finds
http://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3749152/one-in-three-british-men-snore-have-smelly-feet-and-fart-a-lot-study-finds/

Startling number of Brits admit suffering from bad foot hygiene
http://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/6497199/startling-number-of-brits-admit-suffering-from-bad-foot-hygiene/
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2019, 02:12:49 AM »
Cheers Bill.  I guess you bit at my wind up.  Never a bad idea for the guys from the British colonies to remind their overlords to wash more often.  As to the circumcision debate yes cleaner but less sensation so why promote you country's abuse of male babies.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2019, 02:22:27 AM »
Useful info on dinipro cars.  I was amazed to see winter tyre tire technology in action on my last trip to Ukraine  compared to my Mud and snow tyres tires in last week's UK snow.  The woman I'm meeting had suggested a road trip but was not so keen when I suggested February and suggested a future road trip as well as this February week in dinipro.   So I guess it will be uber or what ever she suggests.

Online krimster2

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2019, 06:50:04 AM »
words of wisdom to those who have ears to listen...
the best approach towards dealing with “problems” in Ukraine
is to simply avoid them in the first place...

after experiencing what happens to cars parked overnight in the streets of NYC and LA, I can tell you those places are a “piece of cake” compared to streets in Ukraine...

sure, some people in Ukraine may go 6 months before their street parked car is vandalized and relieved of its tires or battery, some less, some more....
but sooner or later, one morning when you go to unlock your car, you’re going to have “a little surprise”...

so, decide which is less of a hassle for you, garage, or auto-repair....
don’t rely on luck in Ukraine!!!!

in Ukraine, being "proactive" is much better than being "reactive"
i.e., condoms are cheaper than STD treatment, even though not every person is infected with an STD
you had BETTER start to think this way over there, otherwise you might lose more than auto parts...
after you live over there awhile, you will develop a defensive sense of paranoia, which travelers unfortunately, generally have not yet acquired...

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 10:00:06 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2019, 05:33:56 PM »
Bags packed ready for 2 am bus to Heathrow.   Dinipro here I come for a week.  A little anxious as my last Ukrainian relationship turned into a farce when I realised she already had an English sugar daddy who lives 10 miles from me in the UK.  Sadly eyes wider open this time.  Shame as I liked the innocent new feel last time now I'm a little more jaded.  No back up plan either this lass and I hit it off or I stay in a hotel and rent a car and go drive about.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM