It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Any Resources on Belarus or Central Asia?  (Read 5647 times)

Offline JDfwhl

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Any Resources on Belarus or Central Asia?
« on: January 09, 2018, 08:05:15 PM »
Hello all,

I'm JD. I'm 28 and I live just outside of Washington,DC. Last summer I took my first trip outside of North America and spent a few months teaching English in West Ukraine in a small town called Khmelnitsky (I was also able to spend some time in Lviv and Kiev as well). I dated some local girls during my time there, but nothing serious. I'm looking to get married and start a family in the next two years or so, and I've pretty much decided to look in the FSU when the time comes. There are some aspects of slavic culture I really enjoy. Whether dating or not I plan making several more trips to the FSU.

I'm also very interested in the international dating/introduction industry in general. I'm currently collecting the relevant info I find onto a blog I started (I won't list it here because I think it's against the forum rules).

If anyone has any resources or experience dating/traveling in Belarus or Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan , etc.) I'm all ears. There's not a lot of info on those places and I find them interesting. 

I'm not a huge fan of forums, but I'm here because I figure there's some valuable experience and info here that I'd be unlikely to find anywhere else.

I look forward to learning more!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Any Resources on Belarus or Central Asia?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:15:39 PM »
There are some aspects of Slavic culture I really enjoy.

Two points:
1) Many things that guys think they like about Slavic women and culture are really not true.  i.e.  Slavic women are really not that much different from Western women.  So don't believe any hype you are reading on agency sites, etc.

2) Most of the successful marriages here between WM and FSUW involve a FSUW who really doesn't seem to bring much Slavic culture with her.  i.e. She fits right in quickly into Western culture.  The ones that pine for the Slavic culture are the ones that become unhappy in their marriage, flame out, and go back home.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 08:44:57 PM »
Welcome.

Last week there was a very useful thread posted.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=22374.0

Has some info on Belarus. Use the search function here too.

Ignore posts by Trenchcoat and all his detractors. Too much noise that is not helpful. As you spend more time here, learn to put some on the Ignore List. It helps to weed out the baloney so you can read in peace.

Good luck in your search.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 11:01:09 AM »
Indeed, Welcome, JD

Wallm(art) highlighted a great thread by Mendy - who - as a westerner - probably knows the FSU better than most

Belarus is the most western CIS nation and there's a lot of traffic between Latvia and even more with Poland.  There's VERY few guys go there in proportion to Ukraine

In my humble opinion FSU W from here are more like ladies from the FSU days due to their 'interesting' President - who thinks he is grooming his son for the post and he keeps 'winning' with Soviet-like 97 percents ;)

Ignore posts by Trenchcoat and all his detractors.

Fixed your error ...

Offline rwd123

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 11:26:23 PM »
Hello all,

I'm JD. I'm 28 and I live just outside of Washington,DC. Last summer I took my first trip outside of North America and spent a few months teaching English in West Ukraine in a small town called Khmelnitsky (I was also able to spend some time in Lviv and Kiev as well). I dated some local girls during my time there, but nothing serious. I'm looking to get married and start a family in the next two years or so, and I've pretty much decided to look in the FSU when the time comes. There are some aspects of slavic culture I really enjoy. Whether dating or not I plan making several more trips to the FSU.

I'm also very interested in the international dating/introduction industry in general. I'm currently collecting the relevant info I find onto a blog I started (I won't list it here because I think it's against the forum rules).

If anyone has any resources or experience dating/traveling in Belarus or Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan , etc.) I'm all ears. There's not a lot of info on those places and I find them interesting. 

I'm not a huge fan of forums, but I'm here because I figure there's some valuable experience and info here that I'd be unlikely to find anywhere else.

I look forward to learning more!
It's been a while since I've been in that part of the world, but spent a lot of time in Kazakhstan and a little in Kygryzstan.

Almaty is a great city, the rest of the country nothing special (though development may have improved over the last decade). Bishkek is ok but far less developed than Almaty. Women there are quite westernised, you have to go further south towards the Ferghana Valley, etc. before you notice conservative Islam. The majority of women are Kazakh/Asian though still plenty of women from Slavic roots - moreso in the north of the country. From my experiences in Central Asia it is a blend of Russian (Soviet), Western and Asian influences.

The good thing is governments in Central Asia have woken up to the benefit of visa free travel, it's so much easier to visit now... much easier than Russia.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »
I forgot to mention I've been to Minsk a few times before, but again not for a few years so my experience is probably not that valuable.

Offline Jamesukjames

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 08:45:14 AM »
Well we've heard the USA opinion.  My British opinion is Slavic women are way nicer than UK Anglo Saxon women .  In the UK it would be like finding a unicorn unless she had Slavic roots.  Belarusian girls are lovely but Ukranain are that bit softer. I can't advise on the pay to chat sites they do seem to corupt people. 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Any Resources on Belarus or Central Asia?
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 09:26:22 AM »
Well we've heard the USA opinion.

There is more than one opinion among Americans about FSUW.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 01:19:54 PM »
I personally think UK women are in general a lot worse than US girls in general but that will depend on where you are in the US or UK I guess. Some northern UK lasses may not be too bad, Welsh girls may be ok too, no idea about Scottish or Irish girls.

Where I am from in southern England the girls are difficult unless you are willing to accept anything which I never have. They are often cold and difficult to interact with, have an all too high opinion of themselves. They often play a lot of guys along so odds of landing one are low unless you're near a perfect specimen, lol.

JD O would just say the places you state are going to likely quite different. I've been to Belarus but that no doubt differs a lot from a Muslim country in mid Russia region thousands of extra miles away. The cultures will be different and while there may be a few similarities your knowing what stuff means, conventions, obstacles both cultural & religious will likely be difficult. You may luck out and get into a relationship but I think unless your not fussed it may be better to focus on just one country.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 05:08:12 PM »
I personally think

No - you don't - think - at all

UK women are in general a lot worse than US girls in general but that will depend on where you are in the US or UK I guess. Some northern UK lasses may not be too bad, Welsh girls may be ok too, no idea about Scottish or Irish girls.

...and you've not known many S.English girls by your own admission and  - as ladies on here tell you - you're unlikely to .... know ANY ..from ANYWHERE..given your attitude.

So tell us about where you've been to and dated US lasses ...?   

Surely, this isn't YET ANOTHER of TC's BS generalisations ?

Where I am from in southern England the girls are difficult unless you are willing to accept anything which I never have. They are often cold and difficult to interact with, have an all too high opinion of themselves. They often play a lot of guys along so odds of landing one are low unless you're near a perfect specimen, lol.

TC - THEY aren't willing to accept YOU ...  I lived in S,England for 65 percent of my life and just do not recognise your 'description'

JD O would just say the places you state are going to likely quite different. I've been to Belarus but that no doubt differs a lot from a Muslim country in mid Russia region thousands of extra miles away. The cultures will be different and while there may be a few similarities your knowing what stuff means, conventions, obstacles both cultural & religious will likely be difficult. You may luck out and get into a relationship but I think unless your not fussed it may be better to focus on just one country.

TC,

according to you, you've also been to Poland, Ukraine and Russia - but you've learnt nothing about the women in those nations, either - other than there's a common denominator re your fails - YOU ..

So, PLE-ease be mindful that your 'advice' needs to come with a public health warning

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2018, 09:01:32 PM »
Msmob I went on UK pof and match .  F dating.  Fsu women are more fun better educated make more effort with clothes grooming and just plain being nice to date.  I seriously would rather be single than date a UK woman.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1966
Total: 1977

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM