It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukranian trip report for friend.  (Read 33545 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Ukranian trip report for friend.
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 03:17:07 PM »
Advice : always eat local when you visit a country... it will be cheaper and better taste that a copy of your home food !

Best borscht I had (except wifeys) was at a roadside cafe (trailer with tent attached) about 200 miles between Kyiv and Donetsk at 2 am.

Offline Wayne B

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »
Bruno, I am sorry but, a hot dog in Ukraine is like ordering a Bayk's' ding dong on bread!  You are so right in saying.....why you come to my country and order such $hit that I cannot compare.... Why don't you try what we like to eat here......SHASHLICK, BORCH, DUMPPLING'S WITH TAR TAR  THE BREAD'S....Oh so so good!!!

Offline Wayne B

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 04:04:37 PM »
Best borscht I had (except wifeys) was at a roadside cafe (trailer with tent attached) about 200 miles between Kyiv and Donetsk at 2 am.
BC, you eat borsh for breakfast or you and wifey just come from 'Disco' :D  I am joking with you...I actually had my Anna's mom's borsh for the first time for breakfast....and it was very good...I know for a fact because, I ate two more bowl's and I would have ate more....but, Anna, took my bowl away :(

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 07:07:33 PM »
Shocking! :o  Who would've guessed?
BillyB, what did you expect from two Looney Birds of a feather ;D? And I am not referring to the girl, we should try to locate her, and offer our congratulations on her narrow escape from a fate worse than brain death ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline timothe

• Self honesty is a very elusive thing.
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2007, 10:39:36 PM »
Bruno, I am sorry but, a hot dog in Ukraine is like ordering a Bayk's' ding dong on bread!  You are so right in saying.....why you come to my country and order such $hit that I cannot compare.... Why don't you try what we like to eat here......SHASHLICK, BORCH, DUMPPLING'S WITH TAR TAR  THE BREAD'S....Oh so so good!!!

Waiting for the day when Homer Simpson says "mmmm...shashlik"! :P

Offline prince_alfie

• Welcome to the Iao PROJECTS, my art gallery.
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 06:42:53 AM »
Waiting for the day when Homer Simpson says "mmmm...shashlik"! :P

Very funny! Yeah, I'm afraid that the "matchmaking" is pretty much over :p Oh well, she only sent me an email that said, "I've praying about it and I'm afraid that we don't make a good match."

His future plans include going back to Kiev or other parts of the Ukraine to try again. Apparently he seems to be rather persistent. No stopping him at all...
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 07:42:06 AM »
His future plans include going back to Kiev or other parts of the Ukraine to try again. Apparently he seems to be rather persistent. No stopping him at all...

I thought he was in a financial bind. How does he plan on saving to go on another trip? Does he plan on eating hotdogs without the hotdog?

It's apparent from the only girl he's met in the FSU, he thinks FSU women are hotter than what he's used to at home. That's the little head doing the thinking.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline prince_alfie

• Welcome to the Iao PROJECTS, my art gallery.
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 09:12:15 AM »
I thought he was in a financial bind. How does he plan on saving to go on another trip? Does he plan on eating hotdogs without the hotdog?

It's apparent from the only girl he's met in the FSU, he thinks FSU women are hotter than what he's used to at home. That's the little head doing the thinking.

No clue actually... that's all he was willing to disclose during the business conf call last night. Of course, he is leaving his sat. nights open for home dating too apparently.
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline SilverBUllet

Re: Ukranian trip report for friend. When in Kyiv - Puzata Hata for meals
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 12:18:44 AM »
Anyone thinking restaurants in Kyiv are expensive should instead visit Puzata Hata in Kyiv.
http://www.puzatahata.kiev.ua/eng/about It is an authentic Ukrainian food cafeteria style chain all over Ukraine. Very tasty food and nice restaurants, best part you can have a meal there for 55 Hryvnia or less. That is about $8!!! :D :D :D :D :D Highly recommended.
В чужо́й монасты́рь со свои́м уста́вом не хо́дят.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Век живи́ — век учи́сь.
Live and learn.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 12:37:54 AM »
Anyone thinking restaurants in Kyiv are expensive should instead visit Puzata Hata in Kyiv. http://www.puzatahata.kiev.ua/eng/about It is an authentic Ukrainian food cafeteria style chain all over Ukraine. Very tasty food and nice restaurants, best part you can have a meal there for 55 Hryvnia or less. That is about $8!!! :D :D :D :D :D Highly recommended.
In case you haven't noticed, the last post in this thread was from almost 2 years ago :-\.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SilverBUllet

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 12:48:47 AM »
In case you haven't noticed, the last post in this thread was from almost 2 years ago :-\.
Duly noticed. Topic is still valid and kicked it back to life again.

Век живи́ — век учи́сь.
Live and learn.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 02:19:49 AM »
Duly noticed. Topic is still valid and kicked it back to life again.
Actually the topic is truly dead. The friend got stood up, and Prince_Alfie got scammed.

Why are you constantly making links to that restaurant in various threads ? Your gentlemen's club ?
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline SilverBUllet

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 11:43:30 PM »
Actually the topic is truly dead. The friend got stood up, and Prince_Alfie got scammed.

Why are you constantly making links to that restaurant in various threads ? Your gentlemen's club ?
It is a cafeteria, hardly a Gentlmen's Club. Problem is that too many visitors and expats in Kyiv don't know better than to burn a lot of cash every day in expensive restaurants. Not knowing about that there is a middle of the road, less expensive solution too, beween MacDonalds at the low end and Marrakesh on the pricier side.  :rolleyes2: I have spent too many times at the Samsung Internet center on Mandarin Plaza overhearing Americans calling and desperately e-mailing home for emergency funds to WU. Either scammed, robbed or just kept the wallet wide open for a few days before turning broke with 14 more days before their return flight. PH would have kept them out of trouble.  :rolleyes2:   

Век живи́ — век учи́сь.
Live and learn.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »
It is a cafeteria, hardly a Gentlmen's Club. Problem is that too many visitors and expats in Kyiv don't know better than to burn a lot of cash every day in expensive restaurants. Not knowing about that there is a middle of the road, less expensive solution too, beween MacDonalds at the low end and Marrakesh on the pricier side.  :rolleyes2: I have spent too many times at the Samsung Internet center on Mandarin Plaza overhearing Americans calling and desperately e-mailing home for emergency funds to WU. Either scammed, robbed or just kept the wallet wide open for a few days before turning broke with 14 more days before their return flight. PH would have kept them out of trouble.  :rolleyes2:   
I was in Kiev 5 years ago, and TGIF was the most expensive food I had there. I am pretty sure that there are many inexpensive places to eat, however it depends largely on the habits of their 'date' where the guys end up. Instead of flocking at tourist places, following the locals is the way to get a good and inexpensiv meal. Being able ot read cyrillic and having a basic understanding of the local cuisine does help.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541321
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701