It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317391 times)

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #650 on: June 03, 2019, 06:22:50 PM »
If they are 'Irish' and have lived there more than two generations - they are AMERICANS - seeking a heritage - from an Irishman ;)

Ok, thank you for that.  Not sure why you felt you had to state it.

John and Kathy are from Ireland, moved here about 20 years ago.  Hence they are Irish.  Their kids are Americans with Irish parents.

My dad is American with Slovakian parents.  My mom is Korean with Korean parents.  I am American with American and Korean parents.  Need me to answer any other genealogy questions?

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #651 on: June 03, 2019, 07:24:10 PM »
Ok, thank you for that.  Not sure why you felt you had to state it.

John and Kathy are from Ireland, moved here about 20 years ago.  Hence they are Irish.  Their kids are Americans with Irish parents.

My dad is American with Slovakian parents.  My mom is Korean with Korean parents.  I am American with American and Korean parents.  Need me to answer any other genealogy questions?

Firstly, thank you for bothering yo answer and YES they are Irish by my reckoning !

I will explain... Too many Americans...esp in Boston ...have this REALLY annoying habit of playing the 'Oirish card' when they are no more Irish than the current Pope.

They are AMERICANS.. and some of them sent money to terrorist organisations to destabilise my homeland...thinking they were helping 'heroes'...

But thank you for you genealogy and your pride in being American.. I wish more 'Irish' Americans thought like you.

Offline ML

« Reply #652 on: June 06, 2019, 10:21:08 AM »
Ukrainians know very little about money and how to manage it, according to a survey that the American International Development Agency, or USAID, and the National Bank of Ukraine released on June 6.

The survey has measured the national financial literacy of 28 countries and gave Ukraine and Poland the lowest scores — 11.6 out of 21. This is also the worst result among the 14 surveyed European countries.

http://www.kyivpost.com/business/usaid-report-ukrainians-have-worst-financial-literacy-in-europe.html

Note:  This does not apply to my Ukrainian wife.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #653 on: June 06, 2019, 10:35:29 AM »
this is true, something someone contemplating marriage to a UW needs to consider
just one of many subjects they need to learn, and which you may need to teach
OTOH, this experience proved handy when I gave my oldest daughter a credit card and a bank account from which she is expected to pay her own bills, maintain a balance sheet
raising a Ukrainian wife and American child are similar
besides personal finance, I also taught both how to drive a car!!
and helped them with their schoolwork!

Offline ML

« Reply #654 on: June 10, 2019, 09:48:24 PM »
We all know, or should know, that most politicians love to spend the public's money, so they must have taxes to do that.

In my state, the Legislature passed a law that allowed cities some so called "Self Rule."
One thing included was the right to impose a city sales tax.
So guess what?  Several cities have already done it.

And, today I closed on sale of a parcel of land.
Took deed to courthouse to record.

My 'bill' included the following line items with individual amounts for each line.
Recording fee
Additional pages recorded past first page
County special fee
State special fee
County excise tax
State excise tax
Housing fee for homeless
County special fee #2
Farm land fee
Heritage program fee
Courthouse improvement fee
Assessor fee
911 Fee
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #655 on: June 10, 2019, 11:01:47 PM »
Congrats with your states raising taxes. We’ve gone through most phases of that here, although after sighing relief from dodging measure EE, which would’ve raised our property taxes on each of our properties an average of $260.00/EA per year, we found out our home insurances went up an average of 32%. When I called to ask why, they told us it had to be done due to the overwhelming claims made last year due to the wildfires the state suffered.

If that isn’t enough, our governor signed a law today that included providing free health care to illegal immigrants between the ages of 19-25. Payments for this to the tune of $98 million/year via taxation. Why not, they raised our auto insurance premiums the same year they granted these illegal aliens licenses to drive without mandating the same insurance requirements on par with legal residents and citizens. Our raised premiums made up for that.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 11:03:31 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

« Reply #656 on: June 10, 2019, 11:18:59 PM »
20 years ago in the bay area, it cost me 35K in fees, permits and inspections only (not including construction) to remodel my house...
crazy
besides regular home owner's insurance, you need a high risk earth quake insurance policy in the bay area
that will give you sticker shock
if you bought your property recently in California, then your property taxes are crazy as well
and you could never send your kids to most of the public schools there
so you have to add private school to your budget as well

In Texas home owner's insurance will run you an average of $5,000/yr for a million dollar property with a 1% deductible
consult a Topo map before you buy and you won't need flood insurance, if you do, don't buy there

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #657 on: June 11, 2019, 01:54:44 AM »
Congrats with your states raising taxes. We’ve gone through most phases of that here, although after sighing relief from dodging measure EE, which would’ve raised our property taxes on each of our properties an average of $260.00/EA per year, we found out our home insurances went up an average of 32%. When I called to ask why, they told us it had to be done due to the overwhelming claims made last year due to the wildfires the state suffered.

If that isn’t enough, our governor signed a law today that included providing free health care to illegal immigrants between the ages of 19-25. Payments for this to the tune of $98 million/year via taxation. Why not, they raised our auto insurance premiums the same year they granted these illegal aliens licenses to drive without mandating the same insurance requirements on par with legal residents and citizens. Our raised premiums made up for that.

I read this and it reminded me of why I left the country of my birth.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #658 on: June 11, 2019, 07:58:58 AM »

I read this and it reminded me of why I left the country of my birth.

Undue and misappropriated taxation for political agenda is just the tip of the California iceberg, maxx.

..California’s largest cities are ground zero of the state’s expanding homeless population. Contrary to most city leaders’ claims that this is a housing problem, it is not that simple. While California’s housing costs are through the roof, many of those living on the streets are not even from California, but come here for the state’s liberal policies on drug use, easy theft opportunities and lack of criminal convictions, generous welfare benefits, as well as the “sanctuary” status – and the weather...

Typhoid, hepatitis, tuberculosis, and yes...the bubonic plague...iolani thinks SF's poop problem is bad, sheessh, come to LA, homes. I'll show you what *bad* is...and Garcetti (D), our mayor, wants to run for POTUS. LMAO!

http://californiaglobe.com/fr/bill-to-ban-rodenticides-coincides-with-rat-infestation-and-disease-in-los-angeles/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 08:11:45 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

« Reply #659 on: June 11, 2019, 09:21:54 AM »
"One thing included was the right to impose a city sales tax."

this means the land right outside the city boundary that won't pay this tax, will rise in price...
and the mean price of properties in this area will be higher due to lower property taxes

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:49:08 AM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #660 on: June 11, 2019, 11:03:05 AM »
"One thing included was the right to impose a city sales tax."

this means the land right outside the city boundary that won't pay this tax, will rise in price...
and the mean price of properties in this area will be higher due to lower property taxes

Krim, you missed that it is a sales tax, not a property tax.

There will be increased sales for those businesses that lie just outside the city boundaries.

Online krimster2

« Reply #661 on: June 11, 2019, 12:06:27 PM »
usually they're connected
if you have one, you have the other...
long time ago I owned a little tiny place in Monterey, California
I had to pay a property tax surcharge, for being in the "downtown business zone" even though I was miles from the downtown business zone, WTF?...
all kinds of surcharges, none of which made any sense to me...
but the weather and the beach, and the mountains south of Carmel, OMG!

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #662 on: June 11, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »
Steve,

Congratulations on your wedding !

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline ML

« Reply #663 on: June 11, 2019, 09:09:05 PM »
Wife agreed to watch over two children (4 and 6) for a week so the parents (her relatives) could take a vacation.

Luckily, she took them to her parent's small farm in western Ukraine where they have been thrilled to help with daily care of some small farm animals, do some garden work, go fishing in pond and nearby river, etc.

They are pretty good kids with no behavioral problems . . . but I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing and was much too risky.  For instance, she hadn't been back to Ukraine for 2 years, so the youngest didn't even remember who she was.

Offline msmob

« Reply #664 on: June 11, 2019, 09:47:50 PM »
Well. clearly they took to her and most Kids respond well to interesting company.

Offline ML

« Reply #665 on: June 14, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »
I much prefer college sports to professional games.
But still, I usually watch the Super Bowl and several of the NBA finals games.

The just completed games between Toronto and Golden State have to rank, for me, as some of the greatest games I have ever seen.

Yes, I know that Jabbar, Chamberlain, et al had talent; but I much prefer the current game wherein the medium and long range (and free throw) shooters are the stars.

And Curry in particular has revolutionized the game (although probably not many can follow him) with his extraordinary range.  He regularly shoots anywhere between the half court line and the 3 point line.

Once, just before a half time, he shot from the free throw line at opposite end from his basket and hit the upper side of the rim.  Another time he shot from under the basket at opposite end from his basket and hit the front of the rim.

Offline ML

« Reply #666 on: June 20, 2019, 02:19:47 PM »
Where would Melania be if her husband were a democrat?

On the cover of almost every magazine almost every week.

Offline msmob

« Reply #667 on: June 21, 2019, 12:26:36 AM »
Where would Melania be if her husband were a democrat?

On the cover of almost every magazine almost every week.

Is she ?   Not in Europe ...  We had Mrs 'O'Bama' on your 'Late, Late show ' filmed over here, though ;)

She lead a victory over the UK at Dogeball - inflciting heavy damage to 'our' Harry Styles  ( a pop star , apparently )

http://metro.co.uk/2019/06/18/james-corden-late-late-show-uk-london-michelle-obama-hits-harry-styles-crotch-dodgeball-sky-10002534/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 12:32:48 AM by msmob »

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #668 on: June 21, 2019, 06:42:07 AM »
The Obamas are spending this weekend at the Clooneys' Villa Oleandra in Laglio, on Lake Como.

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ML

« Reply #669 on: June 21, 2019, 08:09:42 AM »
The Obamas are spending this weekend at the Clooneys' Villa Oleandra in Laglio, on Lake Como.

Sandro, did you have to buy a new suit to attend?

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #670 on: June 21, 2019, 04:10:52 PM »
Sandro, did you have to buy a new suit to attend?
Alas, I am not invited :( ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ML

« Reply #671 on: July 01, 2019, 10:50:57 AM »
Wife returns in 5 hours after month long visit to Ukraine.

Guess it is time to start cleaning the house.

Online krimster2

« Reply #672 on: July 01, 2019, 10:58:02 AM »
freaking panic mode
pay the kids $100
is what I'd do...

think pulp fiction
cleaning out the blood
in the back of the car
I do full forensics
before my wife returns

Offline msmob

« Reply #673 on: July 04, 2019, 03:21:44 PM »
Still married? )

I am 3 hours away from meeting SC for the first time in 7 weeks

Offline ML

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1860
Total: 1871

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM