It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Texting or Calling first  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Surfer

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Texting or Calling first
« on: June 18, 2018, 11:33:56 PM »
Hi All,

I wanted to know about your experience with FSU women regarding texting and calling first. Let's say you start communicating with a girl through EM. Do FSU women expect men to always initiate the conversation everyday through texting or calling?

In the past, I have had few FSU women telling me clearly that as a girl they should not be the ones initiating the communication. A man must always contact first and they will follow.

Sometimes it seems to me that this is a universal rule. But then again, I wanted to know how different FSU women are than the rest when it comes to initiating contact.

There was a girl I knew through EM with whom I used to communicate through whatsapp or Skype. She outright questioned my intentions a couple of times. And when I asked her why she felt that way. She said, "you seem quite casual and only respond when I text you" (which was clearly not correct with the exception of 1 or 2 days). Even later, she would quite often initiate the calls or ask to schedule a call. To be honest, I really liked that because she would always find a way to initiate contact with me and I did the same as well. It was both ways.

I have also known girls through EM for over a week with whom I always initiate the contact first. Either through text or scheduling a call with them. It seems to work quite well and they almost always respond quickly and even ask some questions on their own. However, I was wondering if it's going to be like that always or after a few weeks, the girl will start initiating as well?

Would like to know the thoughts of the more experienced members.

Thanks.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Texting or Calling first
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 11:50:41 PM »
There are no 'rules' for this as I experienced it.

I 'found' my  1st wife, thought her attractive but too young and could see she looked at my profile, too.  She initiated contact.

My present partner hadn't logged in to her profile and I spent  nearly 2 months trying to find her via social media.

After she figured I must be interested, she asked me to go to video chat aftet an exchange of two letters.

I am a confident person and yet these ladies demonstrated they knew what they wanted...  ))

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 12:29:36 AM »
Well of course it differs between women, but the 'culture' is that you are the one who should initiate contact, that shows your interest and that shows your true intentions. (according to my experience with these women)

So it will be like that for a while until she decides you are the one, so just keep at it, don't always wait for an answer, keep reminding them you are there, you want to have contact and it will one day turn around and it will be on equal terms more.

when you will come to the tipping point, that is when she decides you are her man, and you will never be left alone again.  :cheesy:
Now my girl had this notion as well, even though she did reach out to me in that first contact on fdating, but for a couple of weeks, If I didn't say good morning, she kept quiet but kept checking her messages.. as soon as I had started the conversation though, there was no end to it, yet every morning was the same.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Surfer

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 12:41:55 AM »
Well of course it differs between women, but the 'culture' is that you are the one who should initiate contact, that shows your interest and that shows your true intentions. (according to my experience with these women)

So it will be like that for a while until she decides you are the one, so just keep at it, don't always wait for an answer, keep reminding them you are there, you want to have contact and it will one day turn around and it will be on equal terms more.

when you will come to the tipping point, that is when she decides you are her man, and you will never be left alone again.  :cheesy:
Now my girl had this notion as well, even though she did reach out to me in that first contact on fdating, but for a couple of weeks, If I didn't say good morning, she kept quiet but kept checking her messages.. as soon as I had started the conversation though, there was no end to it, yet every morning was the same.

Thanks @Nightwish, I agree with you about being persistent.

And about the part you mentioned, "If I didn't say good morning, she kept quiet but kept checking her messages". How do you know if she kept checking her messages? :)))

I have noticed that too actually. For instance, you know that "Last seen" timestamp thing on whatsapp :)

Offline Surfer

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 12:42:30 AM »
There are no 'rules' for this as I experienced it.

I 'found' my  1st wife, thought her attractive but too young and could see she looked at my profile, too.  She initiated contact.

My present partner hadn't logged in to her profile and I spent  nearly 2 months trying to find her via social media.

After she figured I must be interested, she asked me to go to video chat aftet an exchange of two letters.

I am a confident person and yet these ladies demonstrated they knew what they wanted...  ))

Thanks @msmob for your response. You are a fortunate man.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 12:55:17 AM »
Thanks @Nightwish, I agree with you about being persistent.

And about the part you mentioned, "If I didn't say good morning, she kept quiet but kept checking her messages". How do you know if she kept checking her messages? :)))

I have noticed that too actually. For instance, you know that "Last seen" timestamp thing on whatsapp :)

Exactly that, on both Viber and whatsapp I could see her online or just being online, I have to say that this was never an issue, just a behavior I came across with several ladies and a bit more frequent from ladies from FSU. (Filipinas for example is NOT this way)

I have talked to my girl about it and she admitted that yes she wanted me to be the one who initiated contact, that was how she was brought up, the courtship from men was an important part, and this was one way.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 08:56:15 AM »
I wanted to know about your experience with FSU women regarding texting and calling first. Let's say you start communicating with a girl through EM. Do FSU women expect men to always initiate the conversation everyday through texting or calling?

In the past, I have had few FSU women telling me clearly that as a girl they should not be the ones initiating the communication. A man must always contact first and they will follow.

First of all, FSU women don't want all 50+ guys writing them to text or call. Once you establish yourself as a favorite of some of the girls, you will get their number.

Yes, it is your job to call or text. If they text or call you first, it's a bonus. If you don't call or text enough, they will think your mind it somewhere else. If you call or text too much, they may think you're desperate or don't have other things to do in your life. Also when you do make contact, don't wear them out. Some guys try to make a conversation last forever. I'm almost always the first to end the conversation.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 11:43:18 AM »

Yes, it is your job to call or text.

Nonsense ...  It's done me no harm on sites where the ladies can see who checks out their profile - to NOT write and to be written TO ...

If they text or call you first, it's a bonus.

...and you know they are interested in you ?...

If you don't call or text enough, they will think your mind it somewhere else. If you call or text too much, they may think you're desperate or don't have other things to do in your life. Also when you do make contact, don't wear them out. Some guys try to make a conversation last forever. I'm almost always the first to end the conversation.

There's that tense thing - AGAIN ... " I'm" as opposed to " I was "..STILL checking out dating sites "on behalf of new members", BillyB ... ?   [ emoji for 'koneshno' ]

If you 'click' - rare will be pregnant pauses, 'wearing 'em out' ...  your goodbyes will take ages !

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 04:06:54 PM »
I have had few FSU women telling me clearly that as a girl they should not be the ones initiating the communication. A man must always contact first and they will follow.

Nonsense ...  It's done me no harm on sites where the ladies can see who checks out their profile - to NOT write and to be written TO ...

Should I believe FSU women or should I believe Moby? Hmmm
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 12:50:39 AM »
Should I believe FSU women or should I believe Moby? Hmmm

The correct question should be:

Should we believe BillyB or Moby ?

Then there's :

1/ which one of us could converse better with a non English speaking FSU woman in Russian

Oh, and

2/who's still going there ..?

"quod erat demonstrandum", BillyB ...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 10:12:32 AM »
If we are talking about the first letter to profile I think if a girl is interested she will 'chose' who she is interested in and message them first. The first girl I met I messaged first the last girl she messaged me first. The last girl who messaged me ended up showing way more affection than the first girl.

So for me at least I think the girl is better at choosing and me deciding from the selection that write to me. I think if I try and call the shots by choosing which I message I admittedly probably just make a farce of it and get girls that aren't that into me. The way I see now is if she chose me then it was entirely her choice and must have been some interest there, if I chose to message first then she might have little interest at all but seeing as I'm paying to go meet her it's no skin of her nose.

Note though Surfer, watch out for girls that message you that have interest in other matters such as scammers and the like. They are often real racy looking pics and will let their intention be known in a short time anyway.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 01:41:13 PM »
Trench..

You are demonstrably lousy at even getting a date,yet you still offer 'advice'..

Penny dropping?

Try passing ..you suck at this...sorry

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 10:24:52 PM »
Trench..

You are demonstrably lousy at even getting a date,yet you still offer 'advice'..

Penny dropping?

Try passing ..you suck at this...sorry

Actually I may have a couple coming through now for a meet up :)

Anyway the point I'm making I'd essentially the same as what your saying.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701