It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Just another introduction  (Read 32662 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Just another introduction
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2018, 07:52:01 PM »
A FSW loses nothing by being real enthusiastic over guys that peek her interest. If he arrives and there is nothing and she has better things to do she'll drop him like a hot potatoe. Western Men bear the cost of the travelling so we need to consider the effort we're making also. I think most newbies myself included get excited when a FSW takes interest, I know I did. Compared to the miserable state of online dating in the west it's like a dream. Thing is after a while we learn to compose ourselves more. We know on meeting even the best online communication can come to nothing. DC may have the right girl for him here or he may not. Looks to me he needs to make his decisions and like the rest of us learn as he goes.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2018, 11:46:17 PM »
Looks to me he needs to make his decisions and like the rest of us learn as he goes.

I see NO evidence of you having  learnt anything, yet !!

I have no idea about the UK / FSU dating scene - but moist of those married to FSU W or in LTR's keep telling you they had no problem finding a date at home, either .....

Let's say you manage to persuade a good looking lass to come to the UK ..do you think she'll leave you because she'll see richer, better looking guys ....   

What are you going to do - keep her locked up at home ?   I've read you suggest you will get her pregnant and she'll feel 'tied' to you ..... by having a child with you ...   

I have news for you ..Women talk and you'd find that the coffee mornings and play group sessions would make it clear that other husbands are 'different' ... so you'd better not let the kids out either ... :wallbash:

You really seem to have issues with women, in general

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2018, 03:40:02 PM »

I have no idea about the UK / FSU dating scene - but moist of those married to FSU W or in LTR's keep telling you they had no problem finding a date at home, either .....

Let's say you manage to persuade a good looking lass to come to the UK ..do you think she'll leave you because she'll see richer, better looking guys ....   

What are you going to do - keep her locked up at home ?   I've read you suggest you will get her pregnant and she'll feel 'tied' to you ..... by having a child with you ...   

I have news for you ..Women talk and you'd find that the coffee mornings and play group sessions would make it clear that other husbands are 'different' ... so you'd better not let the kids out either ... :wallbash:

I've learnt a lot Mobe, guys on here such as BillyB, 2tallbill & Krimster have really helped me out a lot. In addition I have learnt from my experiences out in the FSW. Now I know guys like you Mobe rely on your rich man's ticket to secure a girl who will kiss up to you and the FSU have many women that will do that. For me though I go into this as a regular guy. This year I'm quite confident of a positive outcome. Im feeling I'm getting a good idea of my way around the FSU dating game. I think I may even have some moves that you are unaware off ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2018, 06:05:15 PM »
mobe has posted in the past that he is not rich.

Your post indicates a level of misogyny that will ensure you will continue to fail in the FSU.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline DCcowboy

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2018, 07:41:42 PM »
Back to our regularly scheduled program. ME. She is pressing forward to get her visa to come visit. I hope she does because as stated I am way to busy at work to break away for a weekend trip. We will see how it goes. I will keep you updated. If she visits and things go well I already am planning on visiting this summer basically three months after she visits. and probably again three months after that.

Offline msmob

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2018, 11:26:36 PM »
mobe has posted in the past that he is not rich.

Thank you, Boethius ... Our TC never pays attention

When we go to the nice plays you see - it really does involve research re a project we're investing in

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2018, 02:28:20 AM »

There’s not much I agree on with Moby but this post is bang on.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2019, 05:08:37 PM »
Unfortunately 😔 red flags just went up. I know she is a private person, but red flags just went up. I asked her a simple question of the name of the company she worked and she replied that there are things we won't know about each other but when we are a family we will know everything and that was a ways out. Not sure how to reply especially when I told her who I exactly work for.

Offline LAman

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2019, 06:39:31 PM »
Unfortunately 😔 red flags just went up. I know she is a private person, but red flags just went up. I asked her a simple question of the name of the company she worked and she replied that there are things we won't know about each other but when we are a family we will know everything and that was a ways out. Not sure how to reply especially when I told her who I exactly work for.

but, but, but...…. she's a '14' !!! )))

Red Flag is to be into someone before really knowing them.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline ML

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2019, 07:39:45 PM »

I don't think it is necessarily a red flag.
One mistake is thinking that because person A tells person B about his/her situation X, that person B must also tell about his/her situation X.
Some people are prone to blab on and on about their various situations, while others are more cautious.
Now if B asked A about his/her situation X, then that is different.

Where a person works can be a very sensitive issue.
I certainly tell very few persons exactly my work situations.
I try to be as vague as possible saying I consult for various firms who are investigating many other firms and projects.

Big reason when dealing with potential romantic partners is you don't want them trying to contact your firm for ANY reason.  And since romances often go south . . . sometimes one person tries to cause as much trouble as he/she can to the former romancer.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2019, 09:41:58 PM »

DON'T REPLY. Doing so will likely be a downhill slope from there on out. FSW love to f around with WM's minds I think. Often there is nothing to it but they don't realise they freak WM out by taking up certain positions on things that make us think the worst. If you ask her you'll most likely hit a brick wall, it will be a pointless act.

End of the day until you're in long term deep with a girl stuff like where she works is a bit by the by. A job's a job, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it. Just press on with the relationship and avoid bringing it up, it will just stir things up more, let her tell you in her own good time which is probably what she'll do down the road at some point.

With a bit of luck it won't be that she's on the game ;D

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2019, 09:53:48 PM »
Exactly most woman have experienced some idiot make Romeo making fools of themselves and her at her  workplace.  Also she's fighting for her position as alpha in your relationship.  The person giving the least information away is alpha.  So dc enjoy the train wreck that s coming

Offline southernX

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2019, 11:08:51 PM »

no red flag that i can see , generally they are much more private and wont disclose all their personal information to anyone but very close people in their lives , even then it may still be kepy to themselves

the work place is or can be very private , that is her lifeline to survival , and she may well protect its privacy until she knows you can be trusted and have earnt that trust over time

dont judge her by what is normal in your life experiences  . she may also be a bit introverted

. learn more before you judge incorrectly imo , continue on with the usual general cautions at play

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline msmob

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2019, 01:06:39 AM »
DON'T REPLY.

Well, that's it, then

What ever Trench 'advises' - do the opposite

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2019, 02:08:43 AM »
Well, that's it, then

What ever Trench 'advises' - do the opposite

All depends on what result DC wants as it was for James. If the guy comes on here wanting to make a go of it with the girl, I'll say to him what I feel is the best way to go for that. I've had a difficult FSW and time over again I would have dealt with that differently but I learnt what I needed to learn. DC can either learn the way I did and mess things up with the girl or try my suggestion which I believe is the best way forward, up to him. He may decide not to do what I suggest but instead to push her for an answer. I think the more he does this the more damage he'll do to the relationship and if he does it enough it will fall apart. He may just decide he is better of trying to find out from her that's up to him. I'm just saying what I reckon on it all, and you Mobers?

Offline msmob

« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2019, 02:48:27 AM »
Trench,

You FSU W experiences have been fails because you are difficult and your little brain ruled.

By what you post on here  I can see you have learnt nought and your advice sucks ..

The one disastrous trip I had had from a dating point of view was because my Russian sucked and the lady wanted me to live in Russia as her parents were ill.

Most of your 'advice' is that of a clueless misongynist. ...

Offline JayH

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2019, 03:01:48 AM »
I don't think it is necessarily a red flag.
One mistake is thinking that because person A tells person B about his/her situation X, that person B must also tell about his/her situation X.

Where a person works can be a very sensitive issue.

no red flag that i can see , generally they are much more private and wont disclose all their personal information to anyone but very close people in their lives , even then it may still be kepy to themselves

the work place is or can be very private , that is her lifeline to survival , and she may well protect its privacy until she knows you can be trusted and have earnt that trust over time

dont judge her by what is normal in your life experiences  . she may also be a bit introverted

. learn more before you judge incorrectly imo , continue on with the usual general cautions at play

SX

2 wise men !
I have often posted about guys needing to be respectful and sensitive to HER situation.
There can be a lot of reasons eg a guy who thinks this online situation is how a real life meeting will be--whereas- she is no where near that stage of including him in her life.
It may say-proceed with a little caution -- see how it unfolds.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2019, 03:06:40 AM »
Trench,

By what you post on here  I can see you have learnt nought and your advice sucks ..

The one disastrous trip I had had from a dating point of view was because my Russian sucked and the lady wanted me to live in Russia as her parents were ill.

Most of your 'advice' is that of a clueless misongynist. ...

Moby gets upset when I agree with him --on TC it is often !

TC-- clueless "advice" given by you is not helping anyone. You have next to zero real life exposure  to a relationship-let alone with an fsuw .
As Moby said--the more you write-the more obvious that is -to everyone. :cluebat: :deadhorse:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline GenMish

« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2019, 05:34:02 AM »

My take?
She doesn't want to risk her employer finding out she might be leaving for good, that could take her off the promotion list. This should sort itself after you meet and she trusts you fully(which I think what was meant by 'family')

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2019, 05:47:26 AM »
DC,

Please bear in mind you have not met her yet, nor she you.  Red flags at this stage is if she stated the opposite - she loves you, you are the only one for her, etc.  Or if she's asking for money - to buy plane tickets, to 'expidite' a visa to USA, emergency health issue, sick family member...

Her stating that you don't know each other yet sounds sensible, except possibly the use of the word "family" instead of "we get to know each other better".  It could be a translation thing - she may be fluent in English, but she is still translating in her head.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Just another introduction
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2019, 09:09:22 AM »
DC Welcome

Am I the only one slapping my forehead at your breaking THE #1 rule - DO NOT JOIN ppl sites.....

Matey, you are wasting your time and money - most of us have worn the t-shirt and wised up .......

HOW can you be chatting on WhatsApp and still paying for letters ...?

IF this seems harsh - it's supposed to ....  We're rooting for you ...  We're on your side ..... PLEASE listen...

You are going to end up being fleeced in Moscow

I agree with Moby, you are just throwing money away. If you want to have some translated
conversations then get a translator, make three way calls they are worth it, but keep any
money grubbing agency out of it. They rarely have your best interests in mind.

RWD Commandment number 3
"Work to eliminate any agency from your communications."

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1740.0

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline jone

« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2019, 09:45:25 AM »
If she is with a PPL chances are you're being played.   While I haven't followed this thread, I can tell you if she is on a PPL and she won't tell you what she does for a living, and she is very good looking, she probably is on the PPL to make money.

This is not to say that she wouldn't hook up if the right guy came along.   Of course she might already have that right guy and is only using you to pay her bills.

Many women know that it is nigh on to impossible to get a visa to the States.   Therefore, they can keep up the online chatter, in perpetuity, which they are getting paid for, if they are seeking to do something impossible.   

Unless the OP is ready to hop on a plane, the rest of this is just mental masturbation.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2019, 10:11:03 AM »
As a codicil, 95% of the guys who talk to women on FSU dating sites never get on a plane to visit the woman.   If a woman is getting paid by a PPL, then, she will have a plan for when a guy actually does come for a visit.   (Her own interpreter, agreements with restaurants and cabby drivers to kick back part of their fees, etc.)

But PPL women play the odds.   They know that 95% of the guys won't get on the plane.  So all she has to do is be very nice on the internet to the guy.

Oh, have you heard the latest take on PPL's?    They start out on a subscription site and tell the guy that they can't understand what he is saying so they need to be on a PPL so that they can both understand each other (only that site has good enough translation services for their needs).  A great way to ameliorate the transition into the guy paying money to the gal.

Couple of thoughts:

1.  If the guy doesn't get on a plane, there is no sense in carrying on the relationship.  A guy who won't get on a plane is an easy mark for any woman.

2.  PPL gals are very sophisticated.   They have been taught EVERY trick in the book about how to get a guy to spend money on a PPL site.

Am I the only one who sees this?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2019, 10:18:23 AM »
If she is with a PPL chances are you're being played.   While I haven't followed this thread, I can tell you if she is on a PPL and she won't tell you what she does for a living, and she is very good looking, she probably is on the PPL to make money.

This is not to say that she wouldn't hook up if the right guy came along.   Of course she might already have that right guy and is only using you to pay her bills.

Many women know that it is nigh on to impossible to get a visa to the States.   Therefore, they can keep up the online chatter, in perpetuity, which they are getting paid for, if they are seeking to do something impossible.   

Unless the OP is ready to hop on a plane, the rest of this is just mental masturbation.

Actually, in another thread, he was 'planning on hooking up with the gal in another country apparently because his employer will not allow him to go to Russia. He even contemplated quitting his job if the sentiment persisted.

OY! Men without dates.  :-X 
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2019, 12:35:54 PM »
Thought the guy was talking about a girl he was actually with, lol. Now I recall it having you mentioned it GQ, DC was just messaging the girl but couldn't visit for quite some time.

So of course the girl will not want to disclose where she works, she won't want any weird communication from some random guy with her workplace, stands to reason. Even as a guy I wouldn't want this from disclosing to a girl where I worked, wouldn't want any awkwardness at work with them saying 'hey, we've got this message from.... (strange message) they obviously know you, whats it all about????'

That's even before you get to all the men she may message over time, if she told each one where she worked she could be plagued with her workplace recieving all sotrs of strange messages from a load of weird wacko's.

DC, if you are trying to check whether the girl is a sincere girl there are other ways to do it. You can't expect to give her info that may compromise her way of life to someone who she's never physically met/relatively new to her. So its not a Red Flag, I'm not saying all is sound, but its not a sign at your stage in relations with this girl.

Generally, if she sends you serious down to earth messages she's likely ok, learn what the other subtle ways of checking if she is sincere are and go by that. Don't expect to feel entitled to know everything about the girl from the word go as a relative stranger to her, its basically her choice on what she wishes to disclose to you and when. So an appropriate time & place for everything as they say.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701