It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 17072 times)

Offline ScottinCrimea

Re: Quick question
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2007, 08:13:56 AM »
Zeus,
     I'm impressed that you are looking for information, but it seems you have been fed an incredible amount of misinformation. Those of us with experience have been hearing these same falsehoods over and over again and I think what you are experiencing here is not an attack on you personally but an attack on what you are sharing that you have learned that, with your limited experience so far, you have every reason to believe is true - everything from the nature of FSUW to the conditions in Ukraine and Russia.  You can weigh those sources versus us for a long time, but until you actually spend time in these countries and with a FSUW you won't really know who is correct.  Just keep in mind that many of us here started out with some of the same ideas that you have now.
     I'm really curious about where you are getting your information to draw your conclusions regarding the "vast" difference between Ukraine and Russia.  Remember that they were essentially the same country up until 17 years ago with the same infrastructure, the same economy and the same government.  In its early years of independence Ukraine did struggle, but they have come a very long way even in the past five years.  Look at your sources and see how current they are.  Also, you might want to keep in mind that vs Russia, Ukraine has a more democratic government and continues to move more rapidly in that direction.  Maybe your sources are tainted because there is less (I didn't say none) government censorship of the press in Ukraine.
     Economy-wise, In Russia, from what I understand, most of the economic gains have been in the larger cities while many areas continue to fall farther behind.  It's a huge country and there are a lot of disparities.  I loved in a a city of 450,000 in Ukraine and I saw many more Mercedes and BMW's there than I would see in a comparable US city.  The last figure I heard was that there were over 50 millionaires living in that city.  New construction is everywhere.  Sure there are still people living in poverty, but take a trip to Appalachia sometime.
     As far as pride in their country and culture, I don't think you'll find more anywhere.  They have been through hell fighting for their country.  While you as an ex-Marine understand this idea, I'm sure you have your frustrations with how many Americans don't appreciate the country they live in.
     I don't have time to go into more, but I want you to have the understanding that most of what you have heard so far is dead wrong.  It's good that you bring these up on the forum because it allows others to correct the misinformation before you get yourself in trouble.  Still, until you actually spend time there, it will be hard to wipe out all of the false images that the Western press and movies have instilled about the FSU.

Offline Makkin

• Opted-Out
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2007, 11:00:53 AM »
Zeus,

The members giving advice actually care about how you see things and want you to be a great sucksess..lol my spelling again. They want you to be good at understanding and learning.
  I bet YOU if you had any questions people here would run to answer them for you or lead you to the answer. Unlike some members here who they would ignore and not waste time on thats not YOU. You would be helped in every step of this process.

Your Friend,

Makkin
FUBAR

Offline Jazzyclassy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2007, 12:28:04 PM »
Mail Order bride it is insulting to every woman and I would not use this word for your future girlfriend , as she wont tolerate this .

You are very young man and plenty of things for you to  be occupied with , such as University ,I am myself doing my masters degree , it is very serious work and sometimes you simply do not have time for private life.

It is not new anymore to have Russian or Ukrainian or polish and so on wife, just it is not for everybody, some people should stick to their nation. It is a very serious step it is not just this forum it is very important decision in your life and if you really want to find  a Russian girlfriend  you just need to realise that it is completely different way of thinking and completely different world for you.

Truly to say am a little bit sick of the fact that a lot of people say bad words and comments towards American women and so on , I know that many men are oriented towards family in the US and women are more career oriented , but that does not mean they can not be happy together.

this internet dating , relations are very hard to maintain and it takes a lot of sacrificing. You need to make sure you are ready for this.

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2007, 12:38:42 PM »
Very good advice, Jazzy.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline I/O

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2007, 02:40:01 PM »
Excellent post Jazz. Spot on.

I/O

Offline acrzybear

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2007, 03:02:12 PM »
OMG!!! it snowed in Texas this year and now KenC complimented/agreed with Jazzy!! I think the world will be coming to an end soon!! ;D  (couldn't help myself)
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2007, 03:48:36 PM »
OMG!!! it snowed in Texas this year and now KenC complimented/agreed with Jazzy!! I think the world will be coming to an end soon!! ;D  (couldn't help myself)
I calls em as I sees em.  Always have and prolly always will.
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline I/O

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2007, 04:08:15 PM »
I calls em as I sees em.  Always have and prolly always will.
Ah.......yes I see. Ya seed Lena and callsed her. Good call.

I/O

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2007, 04:17:55 PM »
Throw a woman a rope and she will either use it to tie up the loose ends or she will hang herself, in this case the lady (Lily) was smart enough to use it to tie up the loose ends and hang someone else in the process. Not a bad effort when you think about it.

I/O

Lmao, we could all learn from this guy.

Offline Mir

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2007, 04:20:50 PM »
.......keep in mind that vs Russia, Ukraine has a more democratic government and continues to move more rapidly in that direction........

Also the incidence rates for murders and rapes are double (x2) in Russia c/w Ukraine.

http://www.nationmaster.com/cat/cri-crime

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2007, 04:25:48 PM »

You are blessed with youth.  Enjoy it, but do take your time because your quick decisions so far do not impress me.  BTW, did you ever disclose elsewhere at RWD why you feel that RW may be better than your current dating pool?  In other words, what motivates you to spend a lot of money on this endeavor?

Well for one thing, I've dated plenty of American women, and I've found out you either get a pretty girl who'se crazy or you get an ugly girl who'se saine

American women have the attitude that they're going to be as obnoxious as they want and they'll eventually find someone who'se going to put up with it. The only women with a halfway decent personality are making up for the fact that they aren't much to look at.

Ofcourse their are exceptions to this, but everyone who managed to find one planted an engagement ring on her finger by the time she was 18.

On top of the fact that I'm currently living in Alaska, we have a major women shortage here. But I'm not about to leave considering theirs a ton of excellent diesel jobs here, and the companys have to be competitive to get a skilled mechanic.

Alaska is a stones throw away from Russia, so plane tickets won't cost half as much as they will in the 48.

Offline Makkin

• Opted-Out
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2007, 04:31:32 PM »
Zeus,

Your so close...Thats a great advantage....You have options many of us do not have actually.

Makkin
FUBAR

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2007, 06:13:02 PM »
Alaska is a stones throw away from Russia, so plane tickets won't cost half as much as they will in the 48.

I doubt this is true, carrier rates are effected more by competition than distance. Have you priced your airfare yet?

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2007, 06:31:41 PM »
I doubt this is true, carrier rates are effected more by competition than distance. Have you priced your airfare yet?

lol.....no. If nothing else I can just get on a boat. If Alaska was any closer to Russia they would be the same continent.

Offline Mir

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2007, 10:50:56 PM »
Yes get on a boat, Vladivostok here I come........ ;)

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2007, 02:27:42 AM »
In the other internet place  we have an american woman , who is very lovely and I found out that she is very understanding and rather thoughtful , she always talks about her family and about her traveling and she is very insightful and smart, I liked her very much and was very glad as soon as she was coming online because I liked her attitude and how she was opened to know more about other nations and was very forward thinking , unfortunately  she comes to that place very rarely and I do not get a chance to talk to her much, but I am truly confident that there are many such women, down to earth ,nice women in the USA .
 Just some guys are very unlucky to meet different american girls , that is why they  sort of gave up to find nice woman there, which is sad , but they happen to be happy with russian or another women , from the other part maybe it was their destiny or something.
Anyway  I think we should not blame american women, as they grow up in some difficult atmoshpere of puritanizm and at the same time they all want to be like those stars on TV . Of course in their mind sometimes things can not click right, the same as in the mind of some russian girls as well, who are oriented only on money appearance and parties. That is  the same factor in every nation.

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2007, 06:36:33 AM »
In the other internet place  we have an american woman , who is very lovely and I found out that she is very understanding and rather thoughtful , she always talks about her family and about her traveling and she is very insightful and smart, I liked her very much and was very glad as soon as she was coming online because I liked her attitude and how she was opened to know more about other nations and was very forward thinking , unfortunately  she comes to that place very rarely and I do not get a chance to talk to her much, but I am truly confident that there are many such women, down to earth ,nice women in the USA .
 Just some guys are very unlucky to meet different american girls , that is why they  sort of gave up to find nice woman there, which is sad , but they happen to be happy with russian or another women , from the other part maybe it was their destiny or something.
Anyway  I think we should not blame american women, as they grow up in some difficult atmoshpere of puritanizm and at the same time they all want to be like those stars on TV . Of course in their mind sometimes things can not click right, the same as in the mind of some russian girls as well, who are oriented only on money appearance and parties. That is  the same factor in every nation.

Yes their are good women in the United States, problem is they're all married. Much like the woman you described.

In Alaska, the women are not so great. Theirs alot more men than women. The population density reads 102 men for every 100 women in Anchorage, but I'm still walking into bars with 11 men and 3 women.

The women in Alaska are starting to become stuckup beceause they know men have to compete over them, they have an expression about men "the odds are good but the goods are odd".

The men have many expressions for how annoying the women in Alaska are, basicly neither gender much gets along with eachother here.

Theirs also the fact that theirs a huge lesbian surge in Alaska, meaning out of those 100 women, not all of them are even on the market.

Men are having a similar problem in Alaska as women are in Russia.

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2007, 07:33:44 AM »
Yes their are good women in the United States, problem is they're all married. Much like the woman you described.

In Alaska, the women are not so great. Theirs alot more men than women. The population density reads 102 men for every 100 women in Anchorage, but I'm still walking into bars with 11 men and 3 women.

The women in Alaska are starting to become stuckup beceause they know men have to compete over them, they have an expression about men "the odds are good but the goods are odd".

The men have many expressions for how annoying the women in Alaska are, basicly neither gender much gets along with eachother here.

Theirs also the fact that theirs a huge lesbian surge in Alaska, meaning out of those 100 women, not all of them are even on the market.

Men are having a similar problem in Alaska as women are in Russia.

Oi that is so scaring what you are saying , about those lesbians and little percentage of women in Alaska than men. Yeah I can understand such problem and indeed in Russia we have less men than women and if they are amazingly  great they are all married already , that is true.

Well the thing is though you need to exclude this word market, I mean maybe I  do not understand again the meaning of it, but it is just not shopping , you need to be really in love in order to proceed with international dating, you can not just chose buy and enjoy that , cos no, it is not commercial relations , these are feelings and you need to be very careful with women in general not only with Russian ones .

Well cos women have special psychology , today they have this opinion tomorrow they decide something else, for them it is normal and nothing special ,when for the man it is disaster. She can think that she loves you but after like 6 months of corresponding she might find out that it was just some infatuation and lust and  after such experience you might think that all women are scammers and can be very hurt.

when actually you need to be patient and take it slowly, it is rare when people met once and just got married and they live happy and  everything is ok, mainly when they do it so quick , they are divorced as quick as they were married.

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2007, 03:30:27 PM »
Oi that is so scaring what you are saying , about those lesbians and little percentage of women in Alaska than men. Yeah I can understand such problem and indeed in Russia we have less men than women and if they are amazingly  great they are all married already , that is true.

Well the thing is though you need to exclude this word market, I mean maybe I  do not understand again the meaning of it, but it is just not shopping , you need to be really in love in order to proceed with international dating, you can not just chose buy and enjoy that , cos no, it is not commercial relations , these are feelings and you need to be very careful with women in general not only with Russian ones .

Well cos women have special psychology , today they have this opinion tomorrow they decide something else, for them it is normal and nothing special ,when for the man it is disaster. She can think that she loves you but after like 6 months of corresponding she might find out that it was just some infatuation and lust and  after such experience you might think that all women are scammers and can be very hurt.

when actually you need to be patient and take it slowly, it is rare when people met once and just got married and they live happy and  everything is ok, mainly when they do it so quick , they are divorced as quick as they were married.

Lol, about the Market thing, I keep using American expressions forgetting not everybody here is American.

On the market = Unmarried

Off the market = married

We're not implying theirs a market, it's just another pointless expression.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2007, 06:20:47 PM »

Coming from Anchorage, you have to fly all over the World to get to Vladivostok next door and pay roughly $5000 for your airfare. Go to Moscow on on the other side of Russia, you may have to pay $1300. Do you have to $ to visit any woman in the World? If you don't, pick your city wisely before you get involved with a woman that you may have to let down because the trip is out of your budget.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2007, 10:32:58 PM »
What is a mail order bride please?

Question addressed to Zeusophobia.

No "mail order bride" here... only "rent a wife" !!!

[youtube=425,350]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=PlsBinSwswc[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=y5kFiFVqEZw[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=C4GfTsnwqiM[/youtube]

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2377
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2363
Total: 2374

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM