It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ils-usa.com  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Wayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
ils-usa.com
« on: April 23, 2014, 08:09:45 AM »
Has anyone used this service to obtain a Russian visa?

http://ils-usa.com

It looks like their fees for processing, mailing, etc. add up to $103. How does that compare to gotorussia or any other outfit?

Am I understanding that you MUST use this service?

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: ils-usa.com
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:25:07 AM »
You must use a service approved by the Russian consulate. They must walk your visa application in to the consulate office, you cannot. I've never used them folks. Look at www.travisa.com

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:32:42 AM »

Am I understanding that you MUST use this service?

No.

I've used travisa and gotorussia to obtain Russian tourist visas in the past. All these companies do is take your documents/passport and send them to a Russian consulate in America. When they send your passport back with a Russian consulate issued visa, you're good to go.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:49:24 AM »
I looked up on the www.travisa.com and they just charge an extra fee to send it to ILS who then sends it to the embassy. I don't see any advantages to using an EXTRA agency.

It looks to me that any US Citizen applying for a Russian Visa must go through ILS or go to the embassy IN PERSON.

It was many years ago when I went to Russia, and I did use gotorussia for a tourist visa sujpport, but at that time you merely mailed the application to the embassy.

It seems like this SIMPLIFICATION OF VISA FORMALITIES actually has increased the time, effort and cost to get a stupid visa!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 10:08:20 AM »
I looked up on the www.travisa.com and they just charge an extra fee to send it to ILS who then sends it to the embassy. I don't see any advantages to using an EXTRA agency.

It looks to me that any US Citizen applying for a Russian Visa must go through ILS or go to the embassy IN PERSON.

It was many years ago when I went to Russia, and I did use gotorussia for a tourist visa sujpport, but at that time you merely mailed the application to the embassy.

It seems like this SIMPLIFICATION OF VISA FORMALITIES actually has increased the time, effort and cost to get a stupid visa!

The Russian consulate changed the rules about 3-4 years ago IIRC. YOU, personally are not allowed to present an application for a visa to the consulate in person. It must be one of the prior "approved" visa companies. I believe there a 5 such companies or were the last time I got my visa. In person is the ONLY manner in which visas are issued. Thus, take your pick of which company you wish to use. You will use one of them or, you will not get a visa. You can dick around all you like trying to save $30-40 bucks but remember, often you get what you pay for.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 05:01:11 AM »
The Russian consulate changed the rules about 3-4 years ago IIRC. YOU, personally are not allowed to present an application for a visa to the consulate in person. It must be one of the prior "approved" visa companies. I believe there a 5 such companies or were the last time I got my visa. In person is the ONLY manner in which visas are issued. Thus, take your pick of which company you wish to use. You will use one of them or, you will not get a visa. You can dick around all you like trying to save $30-40 bucks but remember, often you get what you pay for.

The advantage of being in little New Zealand - we can still apply for visas directly to the Embassy in Wellington, either in person or by post (although they recommend using a courier company).  One improvement that I've noticed as I look at their website - "You cannot apply for a visa earlier then 3 months before your entry to Russia."  At the time of my last trip you couldn't apply more than one month before, and that gives you very little time to rectify a mistake in the application if your ducks aren't precisely in a row.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 05:30:53 AM »
The advantage of being in little New Zealand - we can still apply for visas directly to the Embassy in Wellington, either in person or by post (although they recommend using a courier company).  One improvement that I've noticed as I look at their website - "You cannot apply for a visa earlier then 3 months before your entry to Russia."  At the time of my last trip you couldn't apply more than one month before, and that gives you very little time to rectify a mistake in the application if your ducks aren't precisely in a row.

When was your last trip?

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 04:48:01 AM »

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 06:32:08 AM »
I don't remember exactly when it changed but, you might want to re-check your process. My understanding at the time that it was for all nations (I assume that little island of yours is a nation?  ;D ) For some reason it is required that you pay a visa procurement company to present the application. I can only guess it's a way for some in the consulate to receive the standard kickback.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 07:28:30 AM »
This procedure changed only about two years ago, so if you went to Russia before that it does not apply now.

The ils-usa fees add $103 to the cost of the visa.

I called ils and the man said that currently they are not giving the 3 year multiple entry visa for Crimea. Your only choice is a 30 day maximum tourist visa or 90 day maximum private visa.

There are special forms to fill out for Crimea. Of course, hardly anyone on this forum wants to go to Crimea.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 03:25:42 AM »
I don't remember exactly when it changed but, you might want to re-check your process. My understanding at the time that it was for all nations (I assume that little island of yours is a nation?  ;D ) For some reason it is required that you pay a visa procurement company to present the application. I can only guess it's a way for some in the consulate to receive the standard kickback.

I did check it quite thoroughly when it was introduced in the USA, because so much fuss was made on this forum.  What applies in your country does NOT apply in mine.  In any case, we don't have any such "visa procurement companies" here.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 05:44:05 AM »
I did check it quite thoroughly when it was introduced in the USA, because so much fuss was made on this forum.  What applies in your country does NOT apply in mine.  In any case, we don't have any such "visa procurement companies" here.

That's because your little island is special. I suspect special much in the way that New Zealanders find their sheep  :D

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 05:10:13 PM »
That's because your little island is special. I suspect special much in the way that New Zealanders find their sheep  :D

You're still confusing us with Australians - you know, the people that live in our West Island.   ;D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701