It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 305128 times)

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #2050 on: December 06, 2020, 09:40:29 AM »
The only thing serious about it is the fearmongering and it being used as political tool to restrict our rights and movement

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2051 on: December 06, 2020, 09:53:51 AM »
Remember Criticism of Sweden's Less Restrictive Lockdown Policies?

Bloomberg today:

"Sweden booked a government surplus twice as big as expected in November, due to lower disbursements and higher tax income than expected."

I predict mid-2021 after-action reports of the pandemic will show the merits of keeping schools open and focusing on protection of the elderly and other vulnerable citizens. 

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 09:56:47 AM by Gator »

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2052 on: December 06, 2020, 10:41:34 AM »
Overall, seems Sweden has had a budget surplus over the last 20 years or so...  quite enviable.

http://tradingeconomics.com/sweden/government-budget

Unemployment went up as well since COVID.  I reckon their unemployment system had surpluses to work with as well with no reliance on further debt.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/527418/sweden-monthly-unemployment-rate/#:~:text=The%20unemployment%20rate%20in%20Sweden,rate%20stood%20at%208.9%20percent.

Overall story as far as measures go:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/03/sweden-anti-lockdown-covid-deaths

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2053 on: December 06, 2020, 08:13:07 PM »
The only thing serious about it is the fearmongering and it being used as political tool to restrict our rights and movement
Doesn't make sense, why would our politicians worldwide want to restrict rights and movement?

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2054 on: December 06, 2020, 09:36:05 PM »
Doesn't make sense, why would our politicians worldwide want to restrict rights and movement?

Fathertime!

I'm not saying this to be facetious but, you really need to pay attention to whats going on around you. The s*it is getting real. Granted it will take you to stop getting absorbed in the mainstream fake news. Your being lied to FT and you don't even know it. The leftist narrative isn't real. It's about control and your democrat "progressives" are pushing it hard. Joe Biden didn't win. You waking up going out into public and breathing isn't killing anyone. Look at what's going on around you

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2055 on: December 06, 2020, 10:02:24 PM »
I'm not saying this to be facetious but, you really need to pay attention to whats going on around you. The s*it is getting real. Granted it will take you to stop getting absorbed in the mainstream fake news. Your being lied to FT and you don't even know it. The leftist narrative isn't real. It's about control and your democrat "progressives" are pushing it hard. Joe Biden didn't win. You waking up going out into public and breathing isn't killing anyone. Look at what's going on around you
None of this answers the question of why would governments from around the world want to restrict rights and movement. 

. You waking up going out into public and breathing isn't killing anyone. Look at what's going on around you
Pandemic or not, I haven't closed my shop for one day this year.  I see the public every single day, and a lot of them too.   Construction is booming, people are concerned about the virus...even a lot of the construction guys are wearing masks now.  Most know the pandemic is real.   Heck, even my wife/son visiting Colombia caught it now, the boy is fine and wife is symptomatic although going to be fine as well.  I'm pretty sure I get what is going on.  I happen to be an idiot (Like Trump) , and only wear a mask when I'm forced to (Supermarket/Bank etc..etc.)   
 I had a near 500 pound man come in today, without his mask, his skinny wife had one on though! Many of us fairies here in California do what we want, even if it kills us.     What are you seeing going on in public that you think I'm not seeing?

Fathertime!   

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2056 on: December 06, 2020, 10:26:35 PM »
None of this answers the question of why would governments from around the world want to restrict rights and movement. 

What they want is total control and power over  all of the minions and governments in the world. That includes every aspect of our lives. It is a global movement and it is all about control. I'm completely dumbfounded as to how any educated person can not recognize what is happening not just here but everywhere in the world. The United States and specifically the US Constitution is in their way. The US is the last bastion of freedom and the strength in the world. They have just stolen our election despite what you believe about the election. It has happened. Why all this is occurring is a deeper subject for another day or thread but, it is happening.

Pandemic or not, I haven't closed my shop for one day this year.  I see the public every single day, and a lot of them too.   Construction is booming, people are concerned about the virus...even a lot of the construction guys are wearing masks now.  Most know the pandemic is real.   Heck, even my wife/son visiting Colombia caught it now, the boy is fine and wife is symptomatic although going to be fine as well.  I'm pretty sure I get what is going on.  I happen to be an idiot (Like Trump) , and only wear a mask when I'm forced to (Supermarket/Bank etc..etc.)   
 I had a near 500 pound man come in today, without his mask, his skinny wife had one on though! Many of us fairies here in California do what we want, even if it kills us.     What are you seeing going on in public that you think I'm not seeing?

Fathertime!

Well you have stayed open so far but, till when? Look at your main street businesses that have been forced to close. How long before you are forced to? What I'm seeing that you don't recognize is exactly this. You haven't closed yet but what will you do when they force you to close? How many more lock downs or spikes in covid cases? The fake news media tells us we must follow instructions and covid guidelines. They tell us the election is over and China Pedo Joe won. Move along, nothing burger. Operation Mockingbird is in full effect. Look it up. The truth is out there if you look for it but you won't hear it in the MSM. The narrative is false. The spikes in covid is false. If the lock downs, distancing, masks actually worked we wouldn't have a problem now would we? Lock downs create bigger problems than a virus that only kills .05% of those that contact it.

My prayers for your wife and child

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2057 on: December 07, 2020, 12:04:53 AM »

These early vaccines don't seem like a one and done kind of vaccine since the immunity they provide may not last past a year. We may have to rely on them for the rest of our lives. I hope they create something better.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

« Reply #2058 on: December 07, 2020, 01:29:45 AM »
Still, many variables left to learn.

Like if getting vaccinated keeps people that do get in contact with the virus from spreading it.

How the vaccines work out for children.

What happens if someone gets vaccine A, and the following year gets vaccine B

Along with learning how long the various vaccines will protect someone.

Will take time.  I do hope there are plans to collate mass vaccine information so it can continue to be studied.

Offline Gator

« Reply #2059 on: December 07, 2020, 06:43:10 AM »

I had a near 500 pound man come in today, without his mask, his skinny wife had one on though! Many of us fairies here in California do what we want, even if it kills us.     

You are doing your part to speed us to herd immunity.   :clapping:

Offline Gator

« Reply #2060 on: December 07, 2020, 06:49:34 AM »

These early vaccines don't seem like a one and done kind of vaccine since the immunity they provide may not last past a year. We may have to rely on them for the rest of our lives. I hope they create something better.

We do  not know long-term immunity because we do not have long-term data.  Nevertheless, even if it is effective for just a year, immunization will will greatly reduce spread (lowering the risk of you becoming exposed).

As BC says, we have much to learn.  The good news - medical research will continue and we will know more, much more about what best to do.     

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2061 on: December 07, 2020, 07:49:40 AM »
What they want is total control and power over  all of the minions and governments in the world. That includes every aspect of our lives.
I don't this happening.  The pandemic will end and life will largely get back to normal at some point.  I don't see the incentive for politicians around the world to coordinate and proceed with what you are describing. 

Well you have stayed open so far but, till when? Look at your main street businesses that have been forced to close. How long before you are forced to? What I'm seeing that you don't recognize is exactly this. You haven't closed yet but what will you do when they force you to close? 
I have a lot of 'critical equipment', so I don't expect to be forcefully closed.  I do see a lot of businesses are closed and I'm not entirely for that.  Assuming it is as temporary as stated things will be back up and running in a few weeks...we shall see.   

My prayers for your wife and child
Thanks, they are doing very good based on the pictures they are sending. 

Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2062 on: December 07, 2020, 07:59:37 AM »

. They tell us the election is over and China Pedo Joe won. Move along, nothing burger. Operation Mockingbird is in full effect. Look it up. T

BTW I used the dreaded google and looked up project mockingbird.   The US has probably doing this crap for decades, which is one reason I've railed against our foreign policy based on bs. 

Fathertime! 

Offline Gator

« Reply #2063 on: December 07, 2020, 08:15:22 AM »
TRACKING NINE VACCINES THAT WILL END THE PANDEMIC

(5 Western and 4 Sin0-Russian)

A good summary with charts (too large to download here):

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email

Canada leads the world in planning for vaccinations for its population, having reserved a number of inoculations equal to almost 400% of it population (i. e., enough doses to immunize each Canadian four times).   Not far behind are UK (295%) and Australia (269%).   Placing 32nd in the world is the US at 138%.  Most of the world nations are under 100%, many well under. 

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2064 on: December 07, 2020, 08:46:02 AM »
I don't this happening.  The pandemic will end and life will largely get back to normal at some point.  I don't see the incentive for politicians around the world to coordinate and proceed with what you are describing.

From their view it's all about power. The world has succumbed to junk science in the name of science.What happens when this pandemic weakens and along comes the next virus or pandemic? It was too easy for them to suspend basic civil rights for a virus with less than a .05% death rate. This isn't the bubonic plague or even the Spanish flu. There is a globalist move on the world looking to control every aspect of our lives. The corrupt election is not even the beginning. It's been happening for years now, they don't care who knows or try to disguise it. Tell the lie often enough and it becomes truth

I have a lot of 'critical equipment', so I don't expect to be forcefully closed.  I do see a lot of businesses are closed and I'm not entirely for that.  Assuming it is as temporary as stated things will be back up and running in a few weeks...we shall see.   
Thanks, they are doing very good based on the pictures they are sending.

Don't fool yourself, if it happened to them, it can happen to you. In a few weeks? Californicate is going into the strictest lock down in the country. Where does it end. If pedo Joe takes office he's already declared masks and lock downs for his first 100 days. Where is the science?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 08:47:47 AM by Faux Pas »

Offline Gator

« Reply #2065 on: December 07, 2020, 10:47:20 AM »

If pedo Joe takes office he's already declared masks and lock downs for his first 100 days. Where is the science?

Just masks..........so far.  However, he will run into the same obstacle as Trump - the decision is made by state governors. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2066 on: December 07, 2020, 06:46:19 PM »

Director of National Intelligence wrote an Intelligence piece for the Wall Street Journal and gave an interview on Fox News saying China deliberately and intentionally downplayed the virus and allowed it to spread to the world.

http://welovetrump.com/2020/12/07/director-of-intelligence-ratcliffe-says-china-deliberately-and-intentionally-allowed-the-wuhan-virus-to-spread/
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2067 on: December 07, 2020, 07:19:02 PM »

Director of National Intelligence wrote an Intelligence piece for the Wall Street Journal and gave an interview on Fox News saying China deliberately and intentionally downplayed the virus and allowed it to spread to the world.

http://welovetrump.com/2020/12/07/director-of-intelligence-ratcliffe-says-china-deliberately-and-intentionally-allowed-the-wuhan-virus-to-spread/
I believe very very little from our government people.  FP already showed me project mockingbird. 

Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2068 on: December 07, 2020, 08:48:40 PM »

From their view it's all about power.  ........ It's been happening for years now, they don't care who knows or try to disguise it. Tell the lie often enough and it becomes truth
power for what purpose, and how could the entire world be in on it?  I don't see it. 

Don't fool yourself, if it happened to them, it can happen to you. In a few weeks? Californicate is going into the strictest lock down in the country. Where does it end.
Here in the land of fairies and fruitcakes, the lockdown is being ignored by a lot of people this time.  Still lots of cars all over the roads, nothing like the first lockdown.  People aren't buying into it this time, despite record setting deaths.   

Fathertime! 

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #2069 on: December 08, 2020, 12:50:33 PM »
What they want is total control and power over  all of the minions and governments in the world. That includes every aspect of our lives. It is a global movement and it is all about control. I'm completely dumbfounded as to how any educated person can not recognize what is happening not just here but everywhere in the world.
Eventually this will all happen. This is not the last pandemic. Food shortage is likely because of climate and various calamities.
Don't let the uneducated confound you...give them an inch and they will lose a mile [no one specific is singled out]

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #2070 on: December 08, 2020, 12:52:54 PM »
Here in the land of fairies and fruitcakes...
California? 
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #2071 on: December 08, 2020, 01:20:22 PM »
Biden Picks Xavier Becerra to Lead Health and Human Services
The selection of Mr. Becerra, the California attorney general, is a surprise. If confirmed, he will face a daunting challenge in leading the department at a critical moment in the pandemic.
http://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/06/us/politics/xavier-becerra-hhs-health-secretary.html
 Biden vowed to let science direct the pandemic and instead... nominates a lawyer for HHS. Now what is up with that?

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #2072 on: December 09, 2020, 07:00:46 PM »
AP-NORC poll: Only half in US want shots as vaccine nears--------
Associated PressLAURAN NEERGAARD and HANNAH FINGERHUTDecember 9, 2020, 3:20 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — As states frantically prepare to begin months of vaccinations that could end the pandemic, a new poll finds only about half of Americans are ready to roll up their sleeves when their turn comes.
The survey from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research shows about a quarter of U.S. adults aren’t sure if they want to get vaccinated against the coronavirus. Roughly another quarter say they won’t.
Many on the fence have safety concerns and want to watch how the initial rollout fares — skepticism that could hinder the campaign against the scourge that has killed nearly 290,000 Americans. Experts estimate at least 70% of the U.S. population needs to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity, or the point at which enough people are protected that the virus can be held in check.
“Trepidation is a good word. I have a little bit of trepidation towards it,” said Kevin Buck, a 53-year-old former Marine from Eureka, California.
Buck said that he and his family probably will get vaccinated eventually, if initial shots go well.
more........
http://www.aol.com/news/ap-norc-poll-only-half-180524854-202053476.html

Offline ML

« Reply #2073 on: December 10, 2020, 10:13:54 AM »
I heard something very interesting (and for first time) on PBS news last night (or maybe night before).
Reporters always ask Biden team members being interviewed about the who gets priority for Covid Vaccines.

The answers are usually the same:  Front line health workers, Those in nursing homes, First line responders, Those over age 65 with existing health issues.

But the newest Biden team being interviewed added next the new category very quickly . . . and then went on to something else.  The reporter did not raise any issue about that latest new priority group.

So what was the new category ?

Black and Hispanic persons.

I said to wife:  What ???

And I was shocked that the reporter asked NOTHING about it.

Note:  I had heard something earlier (I think) about Blacks and Hispanics catching Covid at a higher rate . . . so I am not against them being higher priority.

But still the shock from hearing this as Biden team policy . . . without any questioning at all by news media.  Unless I have missed the boat entirely.

Wife made good observation however (I am frequently amazed at how quickly she is catching on to politics and psychology in USA) by saying:  "I'll bet the Blacks and Hispanics, rather than being pleased . . . will start complaining that they are being used as Guinea pigs to see if they die, before 'white people' get the vaccine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

« Reply #2074 on: December 10, 2020, 10:47:42 AM »

Black and Hispanic persons.

The explanation is that they have suffered disproportionately more deaths. 

Typical response of   Democrat obsequious treatment of blacks while keeping them on the Democrat Plantation of substandard education and welfare.   Under Trump they were getting jobs, real jobs. 

Meanwhile relax, go to the back of the bus, and wait. 

One word of caution, when its your turn, we may not have any more of the vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna.  Maybe the AstraZeneca for you or some of the others such as J&J.   

Wife made good observation however (I am frequently amazed at how quickly she is catching on to politics and psychology in USA) by saying:  "I'll bet the Blacks and Hispanics, rather than being pleased . . . will start complaining that they are being used as Guinea pigs to see if they die, before 'white people' get the vaccine.

Sadly, the government  has already conducted this type of experiment.  Google: "Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male."

And yes, blacks are more skeptical about taking COVID vaccine.    If they refuse, who receives their doses? 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2238
Total: 2249

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM