It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: So what do you think? "Avi's story"  (Read 154861 times)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
So what do you think? "Avi's story"
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2010, 09:37:46 AM »
Here's my take on the entire situation: If you find yourself in the same or simular position, "GIVE HER THE DAMN GREEN CARD!!!" In the end it would have cost far less and in terms of finances and grief. As I recall Avi lost his job, apartment, investigative costs and attornies fees. In addition to that he had to suffer arrest and jail. How sad, all because he refused to give her a green card.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 09:54:13 AM »
I found Ilana to come across (present) as a woman who was married for 30 years and fell out of love with her husband. Nothing deceitful, it just happened. 30 years, 2 children, built a business, had a home...seems pretty normal and a story which plays out every day. If her marriage had deteriorated to the point where they were merely friendly roommates (been there done that) then there is nothing inherently wrong with falling in love with a doctor (who BTW was probably himself divorced after a moderately long-term marriage - but that's merely speculation based upon age).

That seems very different from a woman like Yelena who was scheming from the start to use the guy as her GC mule to get to the US.

Watching Yelena's face in the covert hotel lobby pictures, I sincerely doubt she loves the new guy either. He is merely a means to an end or an asset to be played until no longer useful, albeit with some possibly enjoyable head-banging sex along the way to make the time pass more quickly.

Avi was "desperately lonely" (been there and done that gig too) and fell prey into a trap. Over-confidently (perhaps thinking because he himself was Russian) that he would never be in the situation of getting scammed (based upon the recurring theme that "if anyone loved me it was her" which was repeated a couple of times.

The real takeaway here should be a lesson for all the guys who come here protesting how much in love they are and that they can do this in 2-3 trips (usually while assuring us that despite doing this on the cheap they are not compromising quality) are taking far more risk than they dream. If Avi, himself a product of the Russian culture could be taken in and fooled, consider carefully how clearly your brain is functioning in analyzing the signals and reading the gal.

Keep the spidey-sense turned on and concentrate on protecting yourself while trying to find happiness and enjoying the love of the right woman.

If it was easy, anyone could do it.
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2010, 10:22:26 AM »
Quote from: Boethius
Jews have lived in Azerbaijan for centuries, GQ. Garry Kasparov's father was an Azeri Jew. The "Muslim" countries of the FSU do not have the same problems with Jews as Arab countries do.

I understand that Boethius. The remark was more tongue in cheek. The Soviet were religiously oppressive and thus people's religion became almost irrelevant. So yes FSU folks' mentality with cross-religion union likely have far less significance than in the US or even the western hemisphere. However, it didn't escaped my wife's amusement after I mentioned this case with her, knowing what she knows how these things are looked upon today and here...an ex-boyfried of hers is Muslim.

Quote from: Lily
So you ask us what do we think of that? I'd say the story is telling us that no maturity, no age differences, no common language and cultures can save anyone from abuse and betrayal. That's what it is about.

Absolutely. This largely have more to do, and greatly in common with, with men who travel to FSU searching for someone to fill a void in their sorry lives. Instead of spending productive time to 'better oneself' and change their current social status quo, they instead hurl the blame at the women in their lair and seek out a stranger from another country out of desperation. That state of mind is the evil that lurks in these relationships.

A lonely and desperate person will always be a very insecure bloke. The process AMs have to go through to import a void filler and immigrate her here is a path that easily gives an impression 'he's doing everything for her'. Mix that with the fact he's lonely and desperate to begin with, it's the perfect recipe for the creation of a highly controlling John Frankenstein. And yes, these women aren't rocks. Honest intentions have very little to do with it. They're human beings. They will awake from a nightmare just like any other. It won't take them a whole lot of time to see for themselves and fully understand the REAL reason why many of these men are in places like the FSU looking for 'wives' to begin with. These men may feel significant and get attention while in FSU, but they will all have to come back home AND reality. Only this time, sexy Olga gets to 'live' with 'his' reality for as long as livable.

The subliminal definition behind the phrase 'traditional women' are 'submissive', dependent & helplessness. Perfect companion for one who is lonely, desperate and controlling. AWs have done away with these silliness and these men know that full well...so they search in FSU.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:25:50 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2010, 10:26:29 AM »
Bottom line- it was a bad luck. I personally don't see how he could detect the red flags. Yelena is a good actress, I believe.
Only red flags were that she had motives for getting herself and her 2 sons out of the country.  That was probable driving force for her actions.   Her 2 men partners were just stepping stones for her goals.  The AM always needs to analyze the goals of the RW's children and their future interests.   She was not great looking and with 2 older sons, she could fall in the "desperate" category.  Opportunities for her and her family would be better here.

Avi's first wife appears to be quite attractive and maybe out of Avi's league, which may be why their marriage slowly fizzled out.   I see no problem with her marrying a doctor.  Avi is a nice guy but maybe not a ladies man.

Offline Steamer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2010, 10:27:13 AM »
Just a question- why did he apply to Immigration Service so many times? Ok, fraud is bad, but how could it help him? I am not sure how it works.

Yelena hurt him so he wanted to hurt her. When he tried to report the fraud, the INS didn't care and then hurt turned into frustration. Sometimes you just have to let go.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2010, 10:32:44 AM »

Absolutely. This largely have more to do, and greatly in common with, with men who travel to FSU searching for someone to fill a void in their sorry lives. Instead of spending productive time to 'better oneself' and change their current social status quo, they instead hurl the blame at the women in their lair and seek out a stranger from another country out of desperation. That state of mind is the evil that lurks in these relationships.

A lonely and desperate person will always be a very insecure bloke. The process AMs have to go through to import a void filler and immigrate her here is a path that easily gives an impression 'he's doing everything for her'. Mix that with the fact he's lonely and desperate to begin with, it's the perfect recipe for the creation of a highly controlling John Frankenstein. And yes, these women aren't rocks. Honest intentions have very little to do with it. They're human beings. They will awake from a nightmare just like any other. It won't take them a whole lot of time to see for themselves and fully understand the REAL reason why many of these men are in places like the FSU looking for 'wives' to begin with. These men may feel significant and get attention while in FSU, but they will all have to come back home AND reality. Only this time, sexy Olga gets to 'live' with 'his' reality for as long as livable.

The subliminal definition behind the phrase 'traditional women' are 'submissive', dependent & helplessness. Perfect companion for one who is lonely, desperate and controlling. AWs have done away with these silliness and these men know that full well...so they search in FSU.

Amen...
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2010, 11:42:24 AM »
Sorry folks my internet crashed last night and I lost a rather lengthy post I had written in responce to GQ's. post.

Offline Daveman

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »
I agree, yet I don't know if he could see anything wrong.
I myself asked money for my older son's military service, also J. sent me money for   some hospital stuff. It was less than $7,000 but close. What else could be the "signs"? Nothing.
It was a bad luck.

Yes, money is not an issue inside a relationship (I mean the giving, not problems caused by a lack thereof)... but, Doll, did you refuse to eat with your husband, or avoid him on a daily basis?  I think that is an enormous warning indicator of things to come and one that anyone should have been able to see. 
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2010, 01:41:50 PM »
Maxx-

1) Avi's first mistake was marry someone from Azerbaijan. Fun wedding ceremony that must have been...Azerbaijan is technically a Muslim nation. He's Jewish for chrissakes...

2) Also, Avi pointed at his forehead to describe the scratches on his ex-wife's neck and cheek...considering that alleged scratches were the reason why the police deemed she was telling the truth to cause for his arrest, one would think the location of the scratches will be heavily ingrained upon his memory, no?

Her attorney wanted to bargain for $1,000.00 plus a green card as leverage for a 'peaceful' divorce seem rather strange. At that point, IMHO, I would have paid the $1,000.00 and added monies to hire that silly attorney. They already filed the AOS, and very likely her conditional GC was well on the way. Removal of the condition do hinges on their marriage however things do happen that may be out of their control. That in itself, if given proper presentation may prove they did try to make the marriage work but just couldn't do it. Any good attorney certainly can make this case that such circmstances shouldn't be a cause of deportation. I know a couple who had this happen here in LA and they both hired an immigration attorney and was successful in helping her stay. To come out and say the marriage wasn't working out and be honest to DHS from the get-go (as opposed to staying married despite the fact just to earn the removal - which to me IS fraud) and try to find an amicable way to keep her status here was what they chose to do. They did, and took the chance and were both legitimately rewarded. There's no fraud in honestly giving a marriage a chance. Failing upon doing so doesn't make a marriage fraudulent.

3) Just saying....could it be that Avi was far too emotional to yield an ounce of sense, or, too controlling and lost sight of the fact that if he in fact wanted a 'peaceful' divorce, this was the very best opportunity for him to pursue? Was his definition of a 'peaceful' divorce was file the papers and deport the woman?

1) The Azerbaijani factor  I can't be certain but I do not think she is Muslim. I seen some photos of her she had sent to Avi and she was wearing a mini skirt with a leopard print top at a cafe in Azerbaijan. Would this indicate that she was not a devote Muslim? Or not one at all? I think I read elsewhere after the above quote that this comment was said in jest.

In my file footage of Avi's interviews (there were several) I had asked him what mistakes he had made in his approach in finding a wife over the internet. He looked a bit taken back as if it was something he hadn't given any thought to. He said he made the mistake in considering a woman from one of the lower countries. That these countries were known for their criminality. "They walk on the corpses to get what they want" was his words, whereas that "Russian women are good" meaning safe.

GQ, I think you mentioned that Nat had a reaction when you mentioned Avi and his troubles with a Azerbaijani wife. If she doesn't mind could you fill us more in on her thoughts? Anyone else?

2) Brain scatter, ramblings and Russian problems with gender identification If you notice at 2:44 of the second clip Ilana says "he cheated on him". You have to listen close. I noticed Avi saying in clips (that I didn't use) his getting the right gender wrong with his "he's" and "her's". I noticed this with Zoya as well. I asked a Russian woman I know about this and she said this mistake was common with Russians. Is this true? Have you noticed this?

I spent dozens of hours talking with Avi and hundreds of hours editing his interviews. I have spent so much time thinking about this case. I noticed that Avi would have episodes of what I call brain scatter. There were times he would suddenly not focus on what he was trying to communicate but would say whatever would pop up into his mind. He would go off on tangents filling me on all kinds of unimportant details. He would get excited. It was a real edit job to get this story told. Frankly I think Avi was suffering from Traumatic Stress Disorder. I wouldn't call it Post T.S.D. as when I filmed his story it was still an on going issue. So when he pointed to his forehead and then lowered his finger to his neck and said "she had scratches on her cheeks" I think he may have had a picture of her in his mind of her hair mussed up on her forehead. Remember she was an actress and looking the part of an abused woman would involved doing something about a neatly coiffed hairdo. Most FSU women take pride in their appearance and do not look slovenly with messed up hair. Remember she went into another room with her 18 year old son who had called the police. The son who wanted desperately for his mother to leave with him into that other room before the police arrived.

3) Pride verses Practicality of cutting a deal Avi wasn't alone in making his decision to try and deny her a green card. He had talks about what was going on with Ilana, their two sons, Elizabeth the attorney and later Zoya. All were of the opinion Yelena did not deserve a green card. That Avi should not lift a finger to help her get one. The attention was to get Avi a good divorce outcome as far as spousal maintenance and have her give up her prenuptial agreement right to live in Avi's apartment. Doing this in exchange for pretending they were still living together was not going to be in the cards.

Remember in the video he says "rarely was she at the apartment (she was living with Michael at that time) but she had her things here to show she was still living here". According to Avi this was so she could claim she was still living with Avi in case the USCIS made a surprise visit.

Avi thought she was not in the position to bargain and neither did any of his advisors. He had detectives footage that showed that Yelena was spending the nights with Michael. The footage showed the detective putting a clip on the tires of Michael's Lexus tire and on the apartment door with filmed time coded footage of her and him going into the apartment and not leaving until the next morning. This is what it takes in Maryland (or maybe it was Virginia).

Also keep in mind as far as green card bargaining goes. Avi's male pride was offended. It is not hard to imagine all the reasons why. Also there was something else. According to Avi Yelena had insulted his family. Made fun of his youngest son who was suffering from health problems (Very mentally bright. No problem there). She had made allegations that Avi and Zoya were having an affair. Something that amused Zoya as preposterous and irritated Avi when I interviewed them. The best word to describe it all was the audacity of the idea of giving her a green card after all if that. Besides it was against the law.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:51:48 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2010, 03:01:56 PM »
Yes, money is not an issue inside a relationship (I mean the giving, not problems caused by a lack thereof)... but, Doll, did you refuse to eat with your husband, or avoid him on a daily basis?  I think that is an enormous warning indicator of things to come and one that anyone should have been able to see. 

The cold treatment did not come until after Avi married her and filed all of her immigration documents. In case some wise guy reading this thinks "Well I just won't file my fiancee's documents" it doesn't work if she claims to be abused. Controlling her by not filing documents is looked upon by the courts and the USCIS for what it is, control and abuse.

Dave, you asked me up thread if there were any red flags with Yelena. As Doll pointed out asking for a big amount of money right before they come is not one of them... although it might be... Frankly red flags may not be red at all but just look that way to those on the alert for them. This issue cause quite a lot of turmoil with the Russian ladies from another board. I remember really catching hell with my "Red flags of a Green Card Girl" thread. No explanation by me of "false positives" would suffice.  But I will give it a try anyway.

Avi's Yelena had left her youngest son back in Azerbaijan. I believe he was about 7 years old. Avi had already gotten a K-2 visa for him. She had left him behind so she could first scout out the home Avi had prepared for her. She was being cautious and told Avi this was the reason. Soon after she put pressure on Avi to give her a very favorable prenuptial agreement. Avi told me that she would cry and carry on about what would happen to her and her children if for some reason their marriage broke up. How would they live? Where would they live? So Avi found a Russian woman attorney, Elizabeth and requested to her that she make the terms that were best for Yelena's interests. Which Elizabeth did. Once that was done this cautious woman requesting they get married right away. Soon after that file the affidavit of support and adjustment of status. Then the deep freeze came.

I have seen cases where the standard operating procedure is;
1) Get married ASAP
2) File all immigration documents
3) Then go on honeymoon

I remember Gary's wife Elena had Gary stop at the service center to file the adjustment of status right after they were married. Honeymoon came later.

Other red flags are and I know I have got to be careful with those, is not caring about the wedding ceremony, how the groom is dressed, avoiding churches (I know you have to use ZAGS in Russia to make it official), taking photos only for USCIS requirements and not any for  friends and family, forgeting birthdays of the USC spouse and anniversaries, lengthy phone calls to immigration savvy "friends" and the word "document" said over and over again, sudden emergency trips for reasons that are difficult to check and not doing anything that indicates plans for a long term life together. An example of the last one would not caring if the husband learned your language even if he asked. Again any of these red flags may have an alternative explanation other than marriage fraud. 

Offline Rubicon

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2010, 03:12:21 PM »
Yes, this is what I read "between the lines". Business like this doesn't fail over night- it takes time, and Ilana definitely saw it coming. Though anything could happen.
I know the families where the wives just got tired of being "home alone", so they left.
It does happen, but then don't come to the camera with this tearing story.
This is what caught my eye, Lily's too.
I do understand that the goal was to show how nice Avi was, but please- Ilana is noble?
Noble wives do not trade their husbands (in most cases). What I see- is how she hates this K-1 stuff. Did you hear what she said about RW on fiancee visa versus Mexican aliens?
This is what was the focus of her  defending after "Avi is not abusive" . It is a very "sensitive material"  8)

Doll, you need to go back and watch the videos more closely.  it was not Ilana who compared RW on fiance visa to Mexican illegal aliens, it was Avi.

Offline Rubicon

• Banned Member
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2010, 03:18:57 PM »
Here's my take on the entire situation: If you find yourself in the same or simular position, "GIVE HER THE DAMN GREEN CARD!!!" In the end it would have cost far less and in terms of finances and grief. As I recall Avi lost his job, apartment, investigative costs and attornies fees. In addition to that he had to suffer arrest and jail. How sad, all because he refused to give her a green card.

so, with that logic, just give a wanna be carjacker your keys (okay if he is armed before you are maybe you should, maybe that is not the best comparison).

the point is, criminals should not be rewarded.  Yelena should be sent to jail for one year for blatently commiting immigration fraud, and than deported back to Azer.  US politicians need to stop being spineless and enforce the law.  only if criminals like Yelena are prosecuted and deported, will other potential future criminals like her be discouraged to break our laws.

Offline Rubicon

• Banned Member
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2010, 03:30:20 PM »
I understand that Boethius. The remark was more tongue in cheek. The Soviet were religiously oppressive and thus people's religion became almost irrelevant. So yes FSU folks' mentality with cross-religion union likely have far less significance than in the US or even the western hemisphere. However, it didn't escaped my wife's amusement after I mentioned this case with her, knowing what she knows how these things are looked upon today and here...an ex-boyfried of hers is Muslim.

GQ,

essentially you are arguing that because Avi was lonely and desperate, and/or not a good catch, that Yelena was justified in her actions of commiting immigration fraud.  in fact you go beyond even that, implying that Yelena had to wake up from her "nightmare", and that Avi was probably "controlling".  you ignore the overwhelming evidence that Yelena intended to commit immigration fraud from the beginning, and did so.  but she was not happy to do just that, she also had to falsely accuse him of domestic violence, to satisfy her enormous ego about her own self importance.  the fact that you would take her point of view in this debacle is pathetic.  why do you think that criminals should be rewarded??  do you think that we have laws on the books only to be defiled and spit upon?? 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
GQ,

essentially you are arguing that because Avi was lonely and desperate, and/or not a good catch, that Yelena was justified in her actions of commiting immigration fraud.  in fact you go beyond even that, implying that Yelena had to wake up from her "nightmare", and that Avi was probably "controlling".  you ignore the overwhelming evidence that Yelena intended to commit immigration fraud from the beginning, and did so.  but she was not happy to do just that, she also had to falsely accuse him of domestic violence, to satisfy her enormous ego about her own self importance.  the fact that you would take her point of view in this debacle is pathetic.  why do you think that criminals should be rewarded??  do you think that we have laws on the books only to be defiled and spit upon??  

I didn't take it that GQ was arguing this at all. What he was saying is there is consequences for not being in the right condition mentally, emotionally and financially to do this process. That what happens to some men is that they turn into controlling monsters. They become cavemen defending their cave. I would quickly add that not all men are like this. Some know when it is time to let it go. They believe in flight rather than fight. Make sense? GQ? Rubicon?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:52:58 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Rubicon

• Banned Member
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2010, 03:38:54 PM »
Sorry folks my internet crashed last night and I lost a rather lengthy post I had written in responce to GQ's. post.

Hi Maxx2,

is anything being done to change this current situation which allows women to commit immigration fraud and get away with it??  just what specifically are the current laws, and why are they not being enforced??  are you or anyone else trying to change the laws in order to prevent future fraud from occuring?

did Yelena win any monies in her suit against Avi for 250K??  or did a judge also hopefully dismiss her lawsuit??

the stress of this situation, and I think the stress of cancer, shows on Avi's face.  it's very sad that "nice guys finish last".  Yelena knew that Avi was "maki"  a nice guy, and in her evilness did what she could to take advantage of him and now she seeks to profit from her actions further... a very sad story.

Offline Rubicon

• Banned Member
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2010, 03:45:33 PM »
I didn't take it that GQ was arguing this at all. What he was saying is there is consequences for not being in the right condition mentally, emotionally and financially to do this process.

respectfully, I disagree with you.  re-read GQ's quote.  he implies that Avi was seeking a traditional (GQ's opinion that in a traditional marriage women are submissive, is not the point at all in the first place, and in the second place it is just his opinion.  there are many different types of marriage.  in a traditional marriage, a husband is "submissive" to his wife by supporting her financially, while she might be "submissive" to him by taking care of the home and cooking--not all AW are against traditional marriages, in fact traditional marriages are probably still a majority)  "submissive" wife, and that he was "controlling".  he states that she had to wake up from her "nightmare".  he does not hold her accountable in any way shape or form.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »
Thanks for the fairly long response Maxx. I will make a special note of the civility I found your post to be in...that’s a very good sign, Maxx.

GQ, I think you mentioned that Nat had a reaction when you mentioned Avi and his troubles with a Azerbaijani wife. If she doesn't mind could you fill us more in on her thoughts?
Her reaction was solely isolated in the religion aspect of what I mentioned. She have more than a few friends in Novosibirsk who are Muslims. Mostly from Azerbaijan. She was born in Uzbekistan, moved and grew up in Tarjikistan before her family settled in Novo.

2) Brain scatter, ramblings and Russian problems with gender identification

I notice this quite a bit from newly arrived immigrants in their first years here, including myself and Naty, and many others not solely from FSU.

I spent dozens of hours talking with Avi and hundreds of hours editing his interviews. I have spent so much time thinking about this case. I noticed that Avi would have episodes of what I call brain scatter. There were times he would suddenly not focus on what he was trying to communicate but would say whatever would pop up into his mind. He would go off on tangents filling me on all kinds of unimportant details. He would get excited. It was a real edit job to get this story told.
There are times one can easily determine what is burning from the color of the smoke a'churnin'. I need for you to please read what you stated carefully and very closely from the point of view of a newly arrived, highly dependent and helpless foreigner.

I noticed that most seem to be convinced the woman is/was an actress and used that talent to deceive Avi. Without the benefit of witnessing or hearing this woman explain her side,  I remain indifferent. But this much I can say for now, considering you said you’ve heavily edited this film, leaves me to believe there were countless of ‘takes and re-takes’ that took place as we now watch Avi. To me, he appears like a highly-charged, emotional man, confrontational tone at the very least. Now, he’s either ‘acting’ that part, which would make him a hell of an actor, or worst; he’s really like that in person. You even admit that he’s a piece of work yourself, so dunno

3) Pride verses Practicality of cutting a deal Avi wasn't alone in making his decision to try and deny her a green card. He had talks about what was going on with Ilana, their two sons, Elizabeth the attorney and later Zoya. All were of the opinion Yelena did not deserve a green card.

We, each of us, occasionally invite the devil into our lives. Why, all of the sudden is there a need to have everyone else decide for us as to whether or not we should live with it for the rest of our lives?

Just like the advice people throw at one another in this saga from folks in the internet they don't know. It is one thing to have to live with the devil because of your own mistake/s, it is quite another to live with it the rest of your life based on a mistake you’ve allowed someone else to make for you.

In the end Maxx, Avi gets to live with everyone else's mistake and the gal is still in the US with her green card.

When we stop making sense, life has a very nasty habit of continuing to make it for us.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
GQ,

essentially you are arguing that because Avi was lonely and desperate, and/or not a good catch, that Yelena was justified in her actions of commiting immigration fraud.  in fact you go beyond even that, implying that Yelena had to wake up from her "nightmare", and that Avi was probably "controlling".  you ignore the overwhelming evidence that Yelena intended to commit immigration fraud from the beginning, and did so.  but she was not happy to do just that, she also had to falsely accuse him of domestic violence, to satisfy her enormous ego about her own self importance.  the fact that you would take her point of view in this debacle is pathetic.  why do you think that criminals should be rewarded??  do you think that we have laws on the books only to be defiled and spit upon??  

LOL.

Rubicon-

If you read that particular post, you'll find it is YOU who are implying the charges you're trying to lay on me. That post was for the nameless, faceless desperate and lonely blokes presently littering the streets of FSU. You, however, is always free to make the association yourself.

The phrase that men speak of when they say 'traditional women', i.e. in the MOB, subliminally define submissive, dependent and helpless women. That's my opinion, you're definitely entitled to yours.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 04:06:31 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2010, 06:16:43 PM »
Thanks for the fairly long response Maxx. I will make a special note of the civility I found your post to be in...that’s a very good sign, Maxx.

There has been many good signs lately  ;D

I appreciate your scepticism. That is your taking a deep critical look at these tales of woe. Scepticism keeps things honest and ourselves as well. In the near future I plan to release more films on this subject right here on RWD. I would appreciate very much your scepticism of the subjects of these films. They need a critic. Could you do that for me?

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2010, 06:18:27 PM »
Hi Maxx2,

is anything being done to change this current situation which allows women to commit immigration fraud and get away with it??  just what specifically are the current laws, and why are they not being enforced??  are you or anyone else trying to change the laws in order to prevent future fraud from occuring?

did Yelena win any monies in her suit against Avi for 250K??  or did a judge also hopefully dismiss her lawsuit??

the stress of this situation, and I think the stress of cancer, shows on Avi's face.  it's very sad that "nice guys finish last".  Yelena knew that Avi was "maki"  a nice guy, and in her evilness did what she could to take advantage of him and now she seeks to profit from her actions further... a very sad story.

I will answer these questions a little later. Thank you for asking them.

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2010, 06:32:49 PM »

:applaud: :thumbsup:

Offline Doll

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2010, 06:38:50 PM »
Wait, the "signs" we are talking about could be seen before she got here. Somebody mentioned this money as a "red flag".

Offline Doll

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2010, 06:43:12 PM »
If you notice at 2:44 of the second clip Ilana says "he cheated on him". You have to listen close. I noticed Avi saying in clips (that I didn't use) his getting the right gender wrong with his "he's" and "her's". I noticed this with Zoya as well. I asked a Russian woman I know about this and she said this mistake was common with Russians. Is this true? Have you noticed this?
Yes, it is quite common with people who don't speak English well enough.

Offline Doll

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
1) Get married ASAP
2) File all immigration documents
3) Then go on honeymoon

I remember Gary's wife Elena had Gary stop at the service center to file the adjustment of status right after they were married. Honeymoon came later.

Other red flags are and I know I have got to be careful with those, is not caring about the wedding ceremony, how the groom is dressed, avoiding churches (I know you have to use ZAGS in Russia to make it official), taking photos only for USCIS requirements and not any for  friends and family, forgeting birthdays of the USC spouse and anniversaries, lengthy phone calls to immigration savvy "friends" and the word "document" said over and over again, sudden emergency trips for reasons that are difficult to check and not doing anything that indicates plans for a long term life together. An example of the last one would not caring if the husband learned your language even if he asked. Again any of these red flags may have an alternative explanation other than marriage fraud.

Guys, I am in a "fake" marriage!    I did all the above!

OMG!

Offline Doll

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »
 ooops)))

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1950
Total: 1961

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM