It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: So Quick Question/Sanity Check  (Read 16480 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: So Quick Question/Sanity Check
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »

No, it is the culture created by replacing manners with the proletariat.  It is not the language.

Ah I wondered if they really were that direct/blunt, or was just the translation too, thanks for clearing that up Boethius. I kind of find it kind of funny when a FSW comes out with a overly direct/blunt phrase. Often though after I've read it through a bit and got over the surprise I see that there is a sort of common sense to what the girl is saying and its often meant in a more practical way than the abruptness that it first appears to be. It can even be kind of endearing in a way, lol :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline whynotme

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2017, 06:18:59 PM »
We all grew up thinking the USSR was gonna bomb us and hot Nikitas were always spies trying to kill 007 right?

Are you 44 years old? Should be 64  8)

Btw, Vladivostok is not Siberia, it belongs to the Far East. Don't show your ignorance to the girl.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2017, 06:25:00 PM »
whynotme is from Vladivostok. She can be very sweet and helpful,
but if she thinks your an idiot/narcissist/liar/scammer/etc then
you should know that she bites. 
My husband never write here, he laughed when he read it. Me being sweet is the least suitable for me description. (Usually I don't bite, just break the dishes).

Offline whynotme

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2017, 06:30:08 PM »

No, it is the culture created by replacing manners with the proletariat.  It is not the language.

Snobbery doesn't adorn anyone, especially "the lady", who often makes references to her rural Ukrainian roots.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2017, 06:37:07 PM »
It’s not snobbery. It’s a fact. It also has nothing to do with class. Create a brutal, vulgar society, which is what the Bolsheviks did, and this is the inevitable result. But don’t worry. The social media culture is putting us on that same path.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline whynotme

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2017, 07:38:02 PM »
It’s not snobbery. It’s a fact. It also has nothing to do with class. Create a brutal, vulgar society, which is what the Bolsheviks did, and this is the inevitable result. But don’t worry. The social media culture is putting us on that same path.
Paranoia doesn't adorn also.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »
No paranoia. Just an attentive observer.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jumper

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2017, 06:00:05 AM »
Jumper, Whynotme is your wife right?

I'm curious about something

No,
 I have spoken in chat quite a bit with her husband, and her , awhile ago when that part of the website was more active.

As far as local FSU w.
I live currently in the Chicagoland area.
There are hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians alone, if you add in Russians or eastern Europe and like ,Lithuanians etc , you can't go to any store,event, park,zoo , freinds bbq, whatever ,without running in to more than a few.lol
 So ,similar to NYC, it is very easy to meet snd date FSU living here in all the typical ways  ,which does include regukar social media ir dating website's, and I did when single.
Here every 4th store ir restuarant, is Baltic, or eastern European persuasion,  and eastern orthodox churches are the norm and not rare at all.

I think there are many other  areas of the country like this, but other areas with very little FSU influence  ,and I can't offer any experience in those areas.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2017, 07:22:40 AM »
No,
 I have spoken in chat quite a bit with her husband, and her , awhile ago when that part of the website was more active.

As far as local FSU w.
There are hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians alone, if you add in Russians or eastern Europe and like ,Lithuanians etc , you can't go to any store,event, park,zoo , freinds bbq, whatever ,without running in to more than a few.lol
 So ,similar to NYC, it is very easy to meet snd date FSU living here in all the typical ways  ,which does include regukar social media ir dating website's, and I did when single.
Here every 4th store ir restuarant, is Baltic, or eastern European persuasion,  and eastern orthodox churches are the norm and not rare at all.

I think there are many other  areas of the country like this, but other areas with very little FSU influence  ,and I can't offer any experience in those areas.

Would you suggest he try his luck with FSW in home country/city then or even Chicgo/NTC?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2017, 07:44:26 AM »
FWIW:
Admittedly, I never dated an Eskimo, but methinks they'll be the same except for some cultural nuances. So no thanks on the salted whale fat.

You'll be surprised at the extent by which culture affects people. If an Eskimo husband allows you shelter in their home (typically igloo) for the night, it pretty much means he has allowed for you to be "serviced" by his wife be it physically, emotionally, etc to ensure that his guest is well looked after :P  :popcorn:

Eventually that aspect of their culture is bound to disappear of course, thanks to globalisation no less. Perhaps given enough time, everyone's culture will even merge as one as we move through the information age :popcorn:

Of course, Regardless of that, societal classes always remain ever present. Proletariat, Bourgeoisie, Aristocrats, they're there no matter how you see it.  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:02:45 AM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline ML

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »
As far as local FSU w.

But remember that these FSU women who are already living in USA are likely over time to not act much differently than AW women and . . . horrors . . . they probably look like AW.

Best to stick with the unadulterated version picked from the native croplands; and then keep her under your control and sheltered from interaction with AW as long as you can.

But still at some point . . . you will still have to replace.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2017, 09:47:51 AM »
Would you suggest he try his luck with FSW in home country/city then or even Chicgo/NTC?

Absolutely.

I met some fantastic women of various nationalities,locally,  and as far as FSU specific, most were established, well educated,,great English,  and completely understand and assimilated into local culture.
Why the heck would I not recommend meeting them?

Randomness of dating and two people falling in love and wanting to marry is small odds you will marry any specific I individual regardless where they live.
I certainly always recommend dating locally (not just FSU women either)

It eliminates the bulk of hurdles guys face dating internationally.
If they want to try dating internationally,  that of course fine as well. Id never recommend doing thst to the exclusion of local dating.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:59:49 PM by Jumper »

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2017, 09:50:50 AM »
Best to stick with the unadulterated version picked from the native croplands; and then keep her under your control and sheltered from interaction with AW as long as you can.

But still at some point . . . you will still have to replace.

Savage :ROFL:

:rolleyes: Humor time! Boss to fresh-hire:"You think you're so special that you're irreplaceable? I bet I can find an AI (爱) who's cheaper and better at your job!"
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »

You say brutal & vulgar Boethius, do you still belive society in the FSU is so? If so how can a WM hope to find love there? Is it a case of finding  a girl that is into you so she does not feel to act against you/your interests?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »
You'll be surprised at the extent by which culture affects people. If an Eskimo husband allows you shelter in their home (typically igloo) for the night, it pretty much means he has allowed for you to be "serviced" by his wife be it physically, emotionally, etc to ensure that his guest is well looked after :P :popcorn:

Eventually that aspect of their culture is bound to disappear of course, thanks to globalisation no less. Perhaps given enough time, everyone's culture will even merge as one as we move through the information age :popcorn:

Of course, Regardless of that, societal classes always remain ever present. Proletariat, Bourgeoisie, Aristocrats, they're there no matter how you see it.  :popcorn:

Hmm.  I know Inuit (they are no longer referred to as "Eskimos"  :) ).  None of them live in igloos, at least, not the type of igloo we normally think of ("igloo" is the Inuit word for "house").

The offer of a wife is far more complicated than you state, and the wife has a say in the matter.

Here's a nice overview -

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2066/do-eskimo-men-lend-their-wives-to-strangers
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:12:44 PM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2017, 01:00:52 PM »
You say brutal & vulgar Boethius, do you still belive society in the FSU is so? If so how can a WM hope to find love there? Is it a case of finding  a girl that is into you so she does not feel to act against you/your interests?

IMHO, it has not changed yet.  I don't think it has an effect on marital relations, though.  You have to look at the individual,not the society.

Offline gaspar227

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2017, 05:16:39 PM »
So yeah Vladivostok.  No longer a worry.  Which is good.  There's two sides to all of this, and I think she was pissed off she's stuck in her city in the cold and thought "i'll marry a foreigner and fix all my problems" then they realize that it's like a ton of work, language barrier, long distance, still lonely, and it's not likely to end for a while. 

In other words like everyone says here, it takes more than just wanting it.  So regardless, that ship has sailed, and I've learned a lot. 

We are still friendly and all that, what are your guys thoughts on having someone on the ground helping me profile some of the other girls on the site, advice and the like?  Like as a 'consultant'.  Pay a fair price for advice, maybe a little help understanding what's going on?  I mean I'd post everything here but it would always end up somehow bashing Trenchcoat :)

I can predict some of what will be said, but honestly a little risk of small $ for some maybe good advice and insights seems pretty reasonable.  If she would even do it.  I mean I know it's not siberia but holy hell it looks cold and miserable from the pictures she shared with me.  I know if the tables were turned, i would get some enjoyment out of that especially if i was looking to save money for a trip like she is.

Are you 44 years old? Should be 64  8)

Btw, Vladivostok is not Siberia, it belongs to the Far East. Don't show your ignorance to the girl.

I honestly don't know why you gotta hate!  But it's that kind of comment that makes me think I need someone to friggin interpret what's going on with FSW. 

It's a JOKE! (and I know you joke) But it's also true. It's the end of the Trans Siberian Railroad though...so i generalize.  Whatever it is, it's cold AF.

And James bond is still relevant.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2017, 07:40:22 PM »
So yeah Vladivostok.  No longer a worry.  Which is good.  There's two sides to all of this, and I think she was pissed off she's stuck in her city in the cold and thought "i'll marry a foreigner and fix all my problems" then they realize that it's like a ton of work, language barrier, long distance, still lonely, and it's not likely to end for a while. 

In other words like everyone says here, it takes more than just wanting it.  So regardless, that ship has sailed, and I've learned a lot. 

We are still friendly and all that, what are your guys thoughts on having someone on the ground helping me profile some of the other girls on the site, advice and the like?  Like as a 'consultant'.  Pay a fair price for advice, maybe a little help understanding what's going on?  I mean I'd post everything here but it would always end up somehow bashing Trenchcoat :)

I can predict some of what will be said, but honestly a little risk of small $ for some maybe good advice and insights seems pretty reasonable.  If she would even do it.  I mean I know it's not siberia but holy hell it looks cold and miserable from the pictures she shared with me.  I know if the tables were turned, i would get some enjoyment out of that especially if i was looking to save money for a trip like she is.

I honestly don't know why you gotta hate!  But it's that kind of comment that makes me think I need someone to friggin interpret what's going on with FSW. 

It's a JOKE! (and I know you joke) But it's also true. It's the end of the Trans Siberian Railroad though...so i generalize.  Whatever it is, it's cold AF.

And James bond is still relevant.

I think its good to post on here Gaspar about problems and stuff that doesn't work out. Some people when they have a something that doesn't work out run and hide. I don't think it helps anyone to do this not least the person concerned since they are still just as much in the dark and will be little better prepared next time. I get the impression the similar problems crop up over & over in the FSU dating scene. Its why I put up with the Trench bashing as to be honest it doesn't bother me a lot I would rather try and learn something and endure the routine bashing than quietly keep it all too myself. I think you too are doing the right thing by owning up to a situation that hasn't worked out, it happens to most of us really.

I also think that many women approach International dating with an idea in their mind - some may just want to find that special someone but others have other ideas either along with this or separate entirely. I think in your case it sounds like it may be a case of a girl wanting to get out off Dumpsk, the girl I saw last lived in a city (Kherson) that could be described as a Dumpsk - generally a place where there are few good bits, most cities will have some good/reasonable bits but in general they are not great places to live. Nice cities in the FSU are like St.Pete's, Moscow, Kiev, Odessa, etc. The impression I get is that there are many Dumpsk type of cities and even in the nice cities outside the city centre there are many grotty areas.

Hence a girl that wants to get out of Dumpsk may at first seem a motivated one but the problem of her motivation comes into play. If she ends up more motivated to get out of Dumpsk than having a want to be with you then the road ahead may become a rocky one. A pretty girl in Dumpsk is just of value to the local guys that want to hit on her and possible leave her holding a baby and then ditch her for the next pretty girl of which the FSU seem to have in abundant supply :) Brought to the US or UK, hell even Australia the girl then has a lot of worth, they are a prime target for rich guys, partying/socialising guys and just about ever geezer going that is desperate to try his luck. As said even a moderately pretty girl there tends to be more pretty than moderately pretty western girls a 5-6 in FSU is a 7-8 in the west, etc. Once the girl is in US/UK etc they have a lot more options than constantly having to prettify themselves for a local FSU stud guy who will either not notice them or treat them badly for all there effort. If her luck is really in, in the FSU the guy might even do decent by her.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2017, 10:14:18 PM »
Trench stop overanalyzing every woman and their intentions.  Man, if you talk like how you write you must be a real charmer.  :)

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2017, 04:41:49 PM »
...I think in your case it sounds like it may be a case of a girl wanting to get out off Dumpsk, the girl I saw last lived in a city (Kherson) that could be described as a Dumpsk - generally a place where there are few good bits, most cities will have some good/reasonable bits but in general they are not great places to live.

Here you go again - generalising about something that you know nothing about.  You have never lived in any of these places - leave the opinions about their "greatness" (or otherwise) to those who live there.

Nice cities in the FSU are like St.Pete's, Moscow, Kiev, Odessa, etc. The impression I get is that there are many Dumpsk type of cities and even in the nice cities outside the city centre there are many grotty areas.

This, on the other hand, I do actually agree with (even though I cringe at "St. Pete's").  You've been to a couple of these cities, and observed such places first-hand - that is the sort of comment that is actually worth noting, rather than the rubbish such as that which I've highlighted above.  Just as one example, I really like the central area of Odesa, but the eastern suburbs (which you pass through on the way to Mykolayiv) are as depressing as hell to look at from the outside.  That DOESN'T necessarily mean that they are bad places in which to live - I simply don't know enough about the area to comment.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2017, 05:07:34 AM »
Nice city in Russia......Stavropol......my wife's hometown. Beautiful, clean, nice people....lots of nice single women. Advice: A very wise agency owner (Tver, Russia) once said:
"Marc".......I have been with this agency for 8 years. The number one problem with men coming here to find a wife......is their inability to determine if the woman they are into..................is equally into them. You already have issues with this women.....keeping her on as an "interpreter".....is probably not a wise choice. The 10 commandments... 
.........(of finding, dating a FSU woman)........are located on this forum. Formulated over many years experience.....they still apply today. If her interest in you does not at least approach "yours".......I would move on and find someone else. Also.....you seem to mention "looks" an awful lot. Just an observation.

Capt B
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 05:24:45 AM by CaptB »
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2017, 10:21:54 AM »
The concept of 'smilie eyes' first came up with the first lady I met. Those of you that remember I was unsure of if she was into me, affection, etc. It was the case that she had 'smilie eyes' as one poster suggested (I think it was Father Time) Anyway, the last girl I was with had this too. I noticed it also with the terp girl in that you tube video I posted up 'Desperate Guys looking for Ukrainian Wives' with the bald ex-army guy, Art I think he is called.

During my time with the first girl poster told me it was a good sign that she was into me as his wife does that. It was an interesting and new phenomenon to me I had never hward it before nor come across it that I ever noticed. I think it is more a Ukrainian thing, it's not a UK thing. I thought afterwards that it may have been done deliberately to deceive ad I looked it up on the internet and apparently it can be faked. Now having seem more of it I don't think necessarily so. It would seem strange for lots of girls to fake it. Looking at the girl in the video it looks natural to me. I'm still no sure ithat is a sign that she fancies you, more perhaps she is pleased/excited and likes you a lot to some exert or for some reason. It probably is something girls that do fancy you do, but I think it may be mistaken for love where I'm not sure if this is necessarily the case. I am more used to western girls that eye you up and down, I'm not so so if Ukrainian girls do this or 'smilie eyes' replace this.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2017, 12:06:50 PM »
Love doesn't happen in a week or two. 

Don't assume anything is "cultural".  People are people, the world over.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2017, 02:00:59 PM »
The concept of 'smilie eyes' first came up with the first lady I met. Those of you that remember I was unsure of if she was into me, affection, etc. It was the case that she had 'smilie eyes' as one poster suggested (I think it was Father Time)

what the heck is "smile eyes"...man it really does seem like you haven't interacted with women that much...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2017, 02:34:55 PM »
what the heck is "smile eyes"...man it really does seem like you haven't interacted with women that much...

Lol, that's what I thought when this guy on here mentioned it. I was describing how she was when she was with me as I was confused - she seemed to like me but I did not pick up that she wanted to be affectionate. Anyway he reckoned it was a good sign that she was into me. It's when a girl smiles with her eyes apparently. She looks happy in the eyes, watery I guess but in a cheerful way and she smiles with her lips at the same time and lots away back & forth to either side of her, like that terp girl in the video I was saying about. Apparently if you look into her eyes a lot that will really crank things up a bit :D She will do it a lot more and that is apparently good territory to be in. Google 'Smilie Eyes' and it will come up with some stuff about it. I'll try to find the thead if I remember after the weekend but I've just got my mobile on me at the moment.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701