It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Kiev in January  (Read 13078 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Kiev in January
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2017, 12:36:54 PM »
Cypress is the plural of Cyprus.
It refers to the two parts of Cyprus, north and south.
The males there are referred to as Cypriots and the females as Cypresses.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2017, 01:20:01 PM »
 :ROFL:

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2017, 08:16:28 PM »
For instance, she suggested when I visit we stay at a hotel that I cannot find on any of the big sites (expedia/orbitz/etc) and you have to call to make reservations.  Is that weird?  I mean I look on google maps and don't see anything that looks like a hotel at the address, but who knows what the street view is.  I have been to hotels that look like a door and then it's amazing inside!  The website for the hotel is large and has many details but only like 6 rooms?  So it's like either a total shady deal, or a local secret.  If anyone wants to chime in here it is because maybe i'm just searching wrong.  :  http://dompavlovih.com/virtualnyy-tur/

Its not actually in the Odesa center itself, but outside the city a bit. Not an common destination to stay for most tourists.

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2017, 01:45:20 AM »
Cypress is the plural of Cyprus.
It refers to the two parts of Cyprus, north and south.
The males there are referred to as Cypriots and the females as Cypresses.

Gosh! I didn't know that!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2017, 01:46:12 AM »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2017, 08:32:06 AM »
He lived there,so think he finds more humor ,or humour, in MLs post.

;)

Offline Jumper

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2017, 08:45:34 AM »
Rent a flat.
There are many reasons why it's a better
option than a hotel.

And visit someone you have a connection with,the rest (logistics, plane ,trains,automobiles,weather, visas, hotels)
Is merely white noise.

:)

Offline msmob

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2017, 09:32:50 AM »

Gosh! I didn't know that!

Help......:slaps forehead:

Love you, Maxx,

ML was being deliciously ironic

Offline ML

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2017, 09:36:20 PM »
Rent a flat.
There are many reasons why it's a better
option than a hotel.

We even have a dedicated thread to Apts vs Hotels

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21752.0
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 06:27:38 PM »
The high here yesterdasy was 7F, today the high was 2F.
I dint check Kyiv, but it's doubtful it was much,if any,colder.
So if you had a hot date in Chicago you wouldn't  see her?
The girls here would drop you like a hot potato over such silliness. Same with
The *cough* delicate flowers of the fsu.

(No, not Florida State university)

Offline ML

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 09:53:25 PM »
It's Fresno State University.

Offline Yes

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 05:49:22 AM »
The high here yesterdasy was 7F, today the high was 2F.
I dint check Kyiv, but it's doubtful it was much,if any,colder.
So if you had a hot date in Chicago you wouldn't  see her?
The girls here would drop you like a hot potato over such silliness. Same with
The *cough* delicate flowers of the fsu.
Well, I lived in LA when I lived in the States, so in December she's flying my way and I'm sure she will have no problem with that suggestion. ;)

Flying only for a few days to Prague from Ukraine/Russia or Phoenix to Chicago is a bit different than flying/travelling from Phoenix/Chicago to Kiev/Sumy, no matter how horny you are.

I know you're a romantic Jumper, and women notice, no doubt about it. But, FSUW lean heavily on the pragmatic side in most situations and would certainly give you much leeway if you postponed until March/April. A much better time for them as well to entertain a foreigner all things considered (holiday travel, weather, etc.).

To the OP, waiting till March/April (unless you've bought the ticket already), especially given your circumstances, is your best option IMO as a January trip seems like it's forcing the issue.

I know you're chomping at the bit, and I get that, but a couple of months will not make or break any relationship and it seems that you'll be in better footing financially at that time also.

In the meantime, you were advised previously by some to make some contacts and build rapport; capital advise. March/April will be here before you know it. And airfare in March is no different than mid-late January.

Offline msmob

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2017, 10:20:18 AM »
He who hesitates can lose.

I've done it to a guy who waited for better weather!

Offline ML

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2017, 11:39:49 AM »
I've done it to a guy who waited for better weather!

I have never done it to a guy, regardless of the weather.

Offline msmob

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 12:49:51 PM »
I have never done it to a guy, regardless of the weather.

ML, I went to a gay night club in the gay quarter of Manchester with two Lithuanian Russian ladies on Christmas Eve.... Only got propositioned once..... must be losing it;)   

Seriously, don't assume another western guy can't start writing - be told by the lady she awaits another man with whom she has corresponded a long time - only to have the 'new' guy turn up  and nick the woman ....  while the other guy 'made plans' ...

Offline Jumper

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2017, 11:39:04 AM »
Well, I lived in LA when I lived in the States, so in December she's flying my way and I'm sure she will have no problem with that suggestion. ;)

Flying only for a few days to Prague from Ukraine/Russia or Phoenix to Chicago is a bit different than flying/travelling from Phoenix/Chicago to Kiev/Sumy, no matter how horny you are.

I know you're a romantic Jumper, and women notice, no doubt about it. But, FSUW lean heavily on the pragmatic side in most situations and would certainly give you much leeway if you postponed until March/April. A much better time for them as well to entertain a foreigner all things considered (holiday travel, weather, etc.).

To the OP, waiting till March/April (unless you've bought the ticket already), especially given your circumstances, is your best option IMO as a January trip seems like it's forcing the issue.

I know you're chomping at the bit, and I get that, but a couple of months will not make or break any relationship and it seems that you'll be in better footing financially at that time also.

In the meantime, you were advised previously by some to make some contacts and build rapport; capital advise. March/April will be here before you know it. And airfare in March is no different than mid-late January.

Agreed, and I told him previously to build communication until both truly want to meet.

He hasn't done that yet ,so later on is absolutely best.

If he had already built up rapport to the point of both really wanting to meet, I would advise go at that time,regardless time of year.

Generally Russians/Ukrainians  are pragmatic for sure, and oddly perhaps, they are also romantic souls.
If you don't win her heart, you have a short lived deal regardless your country ,or hers.

Offline gaspar227

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: Odesa in February
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2017, 03:15:01 PM »
So the new plan.  Odessa in February.  I know it's not ideal weather wise, but as I said I am going to be in Europe in May, with my family, so I'm stuck either before or after.  I have been spending a lot of time with a young lady in Odesa. 

I just need to see Ukraine, see this woman, see what this place is all about.  IF she's 1/2 as amazing in person, I'd be happy in Volgograd in Dec with her!  Odesa seems fairly mild regardless, with the Sea there, so seems like a good compromise. 

i'm pretty sure the other 'girls' were either fat Boris or just not serious. 

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2017, 03:25:21 PM »
Not too many "fat" Boris's in that part of the world.  Unless they are foreigners. :)
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jumper

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2017, 04:16:12 PM »
So the new plan.  Odessa in February.  I know it's not ideal weather wise, but as I said I am going to be in Europe in May, with my family, so I'm stuck either before or after.  I have been spending a lot of time with a young lady in Odesa. 

I just need to see Ukraine, see this woman, see what this place is all about.  IF she's 1/2 as amazing in person, I'd be happy in Volgograd in Dec with her!  Odesa seems fairly mild regardless, with the Sea there, so seems like a good compromise. 

i'm pretty sure the other 'girls' were either fat Boris or just not serious.

Main thing is never the weather, but  her interest level, that's on you to figure out.

Offline alex330

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2017, 08:46:15 PM »
So the new plan.  Odessa in February.  I know it's not ideal weather wise,

Odesa seems fairly mild regardless, with the Sea there, so seems like a good compromise. 

It gets pretty damn cold. The Black Sea has frozen over in Odesa several times in February. Not telling you to stay home, but be ready.

April you would see all the tulips.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »
I've got to say I think Odessa is one of those warm weather cities where good weather really sets it off well and it comes alive. I visited during summer and or was lovely, lots of open space, al fresco dining everywhere.

Kiev I think is not so, real bad weather may still be unpleasant though.

Gaspar I think you probably won't get Odessa at its best if you go in February but if it's really the latest you can go then go with that. With luck a hot FSW will warm you up nicely ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2017, 10:13:32 PM »
So the new plan.  Odessa in February.  I know it's not ideal weather wise,
Ukraine weather is not much colder than northern US.  I went thru 2 blizzards that shut down the trains in Poland and still had a good trip.  So cold my video cam battery froze up in some spots.  Go for it.  Remember a few walks across downtown Kyiv at 2am coming back from lady friends apartment.   Nobody on the streets to bug you when its freezing.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:17:33 PM by JohnDearGreen »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2017, 10:31:09 PM »
Odesa in February can be colder than Kyiv. When it is -1C there, it’s miserable because of the humidity. I live in Canada. It is -30C today. I would prefer that to -1C in Odesa. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2017, 10:50:50 AM »
Boethuis is in my opinion correct wet cold is the worst.

Kiev presently is just under freezing and it is snowing. Cold but I have seen far colder in Ukraine and New England.

To get to Sumy the fastest way is by private car (taxi) from either airport in Kiev. The roads are quite poor once you split off from the main road way to Kharkov.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline alex330

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2017, 11:34:21 AM »
I've got to say I think Odessa is one of those warm weather cities where good weather really sets it off well and it comes alive. I visited during summer and or was lovely, lots of open space, al fresco dining everywhere.

Trenchcoat is right. Odesa is much nicer with good weather since much of it is outdoors. You will miss the beaches and cafes strewn along the streets. Very romantic city when the weather is nice.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1911
Total: 1922

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM