It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Unexpected interface with Russians  (Read 3126 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Unexpected interface with Russians
« on: July 30, 2017, 09:15:01 PM »
Over weekend, we were invited to picnic hosted by Ukrainian couple to celebrate young daughter's birthday.

We were not at all happy when, after arrival, we were introduced to a couple from Russia.  Their child was in same day care.

I nevertheless shook hands and tried to be polite so as to not cause trouble for the hosts.

But sure enough, the Russians displayed arrogant behavior so we had to cut out early feigning some health issues.

Previously the Ukrainian husband had expressed disdain for Russians also, but seems desire to keep on good terms with other parents in the day care center over ruled.  Wish they had told us beforehand.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Goombah

Re: Unexpected interface with Russians
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 09:35:09 PM »
Such things are stressing out many communities and relationships.

My wife has 3 childhood lifelong friends that all participated in our Russian wedding (I got a belly dance from one of them!).

Anyhow, my wife and one of her Russian friends have broke up over Ukraine with her declaring that my wife wasn't there and didn't understand what was really happening.  My wife, of course, has open Internet access and friends in Ukraine who have been telling her the truth vs. the Russian media.

Parties here use to be combined Ukraine/Russian events, but not for the past 2 years.  This really stood out at New Years, when but a year or two ago it was a joint event and now divided.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 09:42:04 PM »

Lots of FSU people where I live. I notice more Russians and Ukrainians bad mouth each other when I ask for their opinions on what is going on over there. My wife has a Russian friend and everything is fine in her friendship except one time when her friend talked about Russia's rights over there.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »
In Sochi, ( which is in Russia - btw) SC has friends /  acquaintances from Ukraine - some of whom are from parts of which are not under Kyiv control, some from Kherson area.

The latter get papers from Kyiv to come to here, via Crimea - crossing on the Ferry to Krasnodarsky Krai ( region)  - They, mostly - hope for peace.

In the UK my ex - a Russian - and her UA friends agreed in March 2014 - that whatever their respective govts did / said - they were going to remain friends and have managed to do so.

Offline JayH

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 10:32:48 PM »
Over weekend, we were invited to picnic hosted by Ukrainian couple to celebrate young daughter's birthday.

We were not at all happy when, after arrival, we were introduced to a couple from Russia.  Their child was in same day care.

I nevertheless shook hands and tried to be polite so as to not cause trouble for the hosts.

But sure enough, the Russians displayed arrogant behavior so we had to cut out early feigning some health issues.

Previously the Ukrainian husband had expressed disdain for Russians also, but seems desire to keep on good terms with other parents in the day care center over ruled.  Wish they had told us beforehand.

ML -- what I see here-- a Ukrainian man acting with dignity and decorum with respect for their overall situation--regardless of what his gut tells him.As you also chose to do-- behave in a civilised way.
It mirrors how Russians visiting Ukraine are generally treated -- except when they attempt to not respect the surroundings .( my reference is to legitimate visitors -not occupiers).

As an aside - my ladies family  currently has relatives of her father from Moscow visiting - they had expressed concern for their safety in Ukraine  ( given that they basically are/were 100% believers of Putin BS). They are absolutely amazed at what the situation actually is and that they can speak Russian everywhere without ANY issues etc .
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 08:15:44 AM »

They are absolutely amazed at what the situation actually is and that they can speak Russian everywhere without ANY issues etc .

'Amazing'...  what language do you think most people in central and Eastern Ukraine speak  - without issue ?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:36:26 AM by msmob »

Offline JayH

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 10:43:03 AM »
'Amazing'...  what language do you think most people in central and Eastern Ukraine speak  - without issue ?

How many times do you need to keep proving what a dopey moron you are? No answer required.

The reference was at the surprise the Moscow Russians had at not being eaten alive by the flesh eating Ukrainian Nationalists   --now do I need to qualify every letter so you can "get it" ? Their comment was about how nice everyone is ! ( so Moby can "get" that comment- nice by way of comparison  to the Putin tribe).

Moby --please go find a road to play on somewhere.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 09:10:31 PM »
How many times do you need to keep proving what a dopey moron you are? No answer required.

You need to re-read your post. It reads as if Moscow Russians WOULD be surprised that Ukrainians would tolerate Russian being spoken in Ukraine

The reference was at the surprise the Moscow Russians had at not being eaten alive by the flesh eating Ukrainian Nationalists   --now do I need to qualify every letter so you can "get it" ? Their comment was about how nice everyone is ! ( so Moby can "get" that comment- nice by way of comparison  to the Putin tribe).

Then write it that way, please..  To remind you ...Here's what you WROTE..

They are absolutely amazed at what the situation actually is and that they can speak Russian everywhere without ANY issues etc .

Moby --please go find a road to play on somewhere.

Pretty std JayH.. when 'busted'

So, can we now agree that Russians needn't be 'shocked' - as speaking Russian - other than parts of in Western Ukraine - is what many Ukrainians do - daily - in  their lives ?

PS .. I see plenty of Donbas area number plates - without the 'DNR/ LPR' overlay and no-one stops the car to berate the driver ;)

When I catch the train to Moscow - it goes through Lughansk Oblast ... where the UA govt. remains in control and we aren't told to stay away from the windows - lest 'attacked' ...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM