It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12  (Read 110170 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2016, 04:11:22 PM »
Oh, and our daughter said she experienced the same in Italy, but it was gentler, just a "Ciao, bella", which I assume is flirty, nothing more aggressive.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2016, 04:14:56 PM »
Oh, and our daughter said she experienced the same in Italy, but it was gentler, just a "Ciao, bella", which I assume is flirty, nothing more aggressive.

Nice to know that when I smile and say "hi" to a woman, she thinks I am hitting on her. Seriously. I smile and say hi to men also. Maybe I am gay man hitting on him?

How did we get to this state that "North American Men" are either rapists or just haven't raped yet?

HDL
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:16:55 PM by HoundDaddyLee »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2016, 04:19:40 PM »
It depends on the context. 

If you smile at a woman you have met in a social setting, it's fine. 

I don't know what the social cues are where you live.  Where I live, and in the American cities I have visited, if a man smiles and says hello to a random woman walking down the street, it is, 99/100 times, because he wants to start a conversation with her.  Or he wants to ask for money. 

I think you are overreaching with your statement on NA men being rapists.  However, think of it this way.  You are on a deserted city street in DC.  You have $1000 in your wallet and are wearing your Rolex.  You are walking to your hotel.  You don't have a gun.  Half a block from you, walking toward you, are two large young African American men, late teens or early twenties, in jeans and hoodies.  Does it cross your mind that they may rob you, or do you automatically think they are a couple of students going home and present you no danger?  Do you duck into the closest bar, or walk confidently past them?  That is the snap judgment women have to make all the time.  99.99 times out of 100, the African Americans passing you will just be kids going about their daily lives.  Same with 99.99 of 100 men a woman encounters.  But if the wrong snap judgment is made, life can be altered, or ended, in an instant.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:45:21 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2016, 04:25:33 PM »

Nice to know that when I smile and say "hi" to a woman, she thinks I am hitting on her. Seriously. I smile and say hi to men also. Maybe I am gay man hitting on him?

How did we get to this state that "North American Men" are either rapists or just haven't raped yet?

HDL

Well, geeze, Lee, I dunno.

Maybe you shouldn't curl your hair and wear perfume.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2016, 04:27:26 PM »
Well, geeze, Lee, I dunno.

Maybe you shouldn't curl your hair and wear perfume.

What hair? And TMD has already called me smelly from not showering.  >:D >:D >:D

HDL

Offline Larry1

« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2016, 04:55:14 PM »
I had a female close friend who worked in the downtown area of a large city. she told me that she got catcalls regularly. But it was a phenomenon of the type mentioned in the fourth paragraph of reply 146 above. I won't mention it here so as to avoid triggering certain highly sensitive lefties.

she was a slender 6 foot tall (1.83) blond who had had a boob job. And before you howl in outrage, I don't think anyone should ever be catcalled. It's obnoxious.

Offline Gator

« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2016, 05:10:27 PM »
My daughter, who is almost above average....

So you are from Lake Wobegon.  :-)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2016, 08:37:07 PM »
He said 'almost.'

So they lived nearby Lake Wobegon.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2016, 01:31:22 AM »

HDL

3rd wave feminism buddy, welcome to Hell :devilish:
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2016, 04:59:22 AM »
Judging by some responds in this thread,  the answer to the title question is " AW are bad because 1) they do not want to starve themselves to look sexy, 2) refuse to devote their lives to serving men's needs and cleaning, cooking, raising kids and 3) do not agree with getting nothing in the case of divorce although doing the mentioned in #2, they did not work a day in their lives".

I am sure AW are grateful that men with these expectations and attitude took themselves off the US dating market.  :clapping:  On behalf of AW - "Good riddance!!!"
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline vwrw

« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2016, 05:43:31 AM »
There are just two answers to the title question:

1) AW the man wants to date do not want to date him, and since it is a free country, he cannot force them to date him.

2) The man is looking for an adventure. Building a relationship with a person from another culture is full of unexpected moments, and that is challenging in good way.

Offline vwrw

« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2016, 05:57:22 AM »

Kapitsa, the son of world renowned scientist physicist Pyotr Kapitsa, was a famous scientist in his own right.  When Putin came to power, Kapitsa was asked to examine the Russian educational system (higher learning).  His conclusion was that Russian education was "dead" and "useless".  In response, the Russian government started offering scholarships to study abroad to its brightest students, with the stipulation they must return to Russia.

I agree with Kapitsa. Russian higher learning  is focused on  facts-memorization instead of teaching people to think for themselves. Knowing many "facts" without a well developed ability to think, analyze, and synthesize is useless. 

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2016, 06:59:30 AM »
Judging by some responds in this thread,  the answer to the title question is " AW are bad because 1) they do not want to starve themselves to look sexy, 2) refuse to devote their lives to serving men's needs and cleaning, cooking, raising kids and 3) do not agree with getting nothing in the case of divorce although doing the mentioned in #2, they did not work a day in their lives".

I am sure AW are grateful that men with these expectations and attitude took themselves off the US dating market.  :clapping:  On behalf of AW - "Good riddance!!!"

My thoughts (or ramble) These are generalizations and my experience.

1. The reality is, men are attracted to beauty. But now there is a growing "fat acceptance" movement among WW and if men don't like it then they (men) have a problem. Tattoos aren't attractive at all and sweatpants and T-shirts (with muffin tops) aren't sexy. It's not about about starving yourself, it's a matter of looking good and being healthy. Many WW have just stopped trying to be attractive to men and expect them to accept it.

2. Young women who learn how to cook are a rarity anymore. I bet more AM know more about preparing a nice meal. Most of my male friends and I  actually enjoy cooking. The last AW I dated knew how to cook about 3 things and we ate them over and over and over. My niece is 16 and other than opening the package and placing the pop-tart in the toaster, she has no idea how to cook, neither does my sister-in-law. My brother does almost all the cooking.

They get degrees in art history, early childhood education, psychology or gender studies then complain about not making as much money as men (playing the victim is their new favorite game).

WW spend more time on their phones than they do breathing.

As HDL pointed out, ALL men are rapists or potential rapists.

WW are becoming less feminine and also becoming less happy. Coincidence? (I don't know)

Why do WM pursue FSUW? I think the answer is obvious to everyone but WW.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:24:48 AM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2016, 08:05:23 AM »
A man who is 24 years old can find a woman every bit as thin, attractive, educated,
etc. here in the West as he can find abroad. However, when a man is 40+ can find
a far superior woman in age, thinness, looks, education, etc. from the FSU.

Western women who 40+ are thin have become very picky because they can. None
of them could compete with my Russian wife. We went to a wedding several weeks
ago. I was eating at the reception savoring one of the cheese cakes spending a
little time trying to figure out who the second hottest woman was. I am married
to the first place girl and nobody including the bride would have disputed it.

I never reached a decision because Mini-me had decided that he needed to drive a
golf cart and I figured that he might need some help/supervision since he is only
18 months old and not very experienced at driving yet. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2016, 08:16:37 AM »

At what weight in this image, do you think a man should be happy with the girl?  197lbs?  124lbs? or something in between?

Do you think that a man should be exactly as proud of a girl at 197 as at 124? Assuming she was married to a man, would you say that she is putting in the same amount of effort in the relationship, at 197?

No one said "the woman gets nothing" in this thread.  But the division of assets always tends to benefit the woman (in 95% + of the cases).

The reason you are seeing a high amount of agreement with the men on this thread, is that every man either knows a friend or relative who was divorced and got "screwed over" ; or it happened in their own divorce.

(Men on this forum don't have the same level of agreement about politics, strategy to find an FSUW (WMVM / WOVO), Russia vs. Ukraine, guns, etc.)
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2016, 08:19:48 AM »

vwrw, are you still studying psychology in American institutions? Is this what they teach you and to go on attack towards people who think differently?

1) It's hard for me to get IT up for a woman that is overweight. If I can't get it up to insert it in 400lbs of fat, it's not fair to me or fair to a lady if I try to get into a relationship with her. Some people want me to accept that big women are beautiful. Won't happen. Also, nobody starves maintaining normal weight and looking sexy. Actually it's healthy physically and MENTALLY of one is at a normal weight. Men too can improve their looks and if they don't, they shouldn't expect to catch women.

2) How is a woman cooking, cleaning and raising kids taking care of a man's needs? It's her and the kids needs too? If a woman tells a man to go and work, is it a woman's need and she's selfish for telling him to do so? Everybody has a function in a marriage and it's best they not think the function they perform is an act of slavery but an act of love.

3) I know you're not always here but I always tell guys pay what is required by law and write in prenups language that follows the law and whether the wife works or doesn't work makes no difference. A guy should know what he's getting into before marriage. I told my ex's attorney our judge favors women based off his ruling. She told me all judges favor women and she recommends her male clients to settle and doesn't care how far her female clients take it. Judges have a lot of discretion to bend the law in family court. Feminists have also lobbied lawmakers to write laws favorable to women. If one or a few guys are bitching about the laws, we can dismiss them but there is a much bigger trend happening right now that we can't dismiss. Men are feeling marriage isn't worth it in this country. Although the population is growing, less people are getting married.  The more men feel marriage is a burden and the penalties for divorce are too great, the less motivated they will be to take a chance marrying a woman.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2016, 08:22:37 AM »
Is it really necessary for an American Woman to "starve herself" to stay thin / slender? I didn't know it was.  :( I have dated many women from the gyms I have gone to in every city I have  lived. The ones I dated were all very thin. None of them starved themselves. They did, however, go to the gym and workout vigorously at least 5 days per week, on average. Some went 6 to 7 days per week. All were very thin. None of them "starved themselves", most had a very healthy appetite, in fact, eating 5 small meals spaced throughout the day.

It is very disappointing that so few American Women are willing to eat small portions, as well as bust ass at the gym on a regular basis. And yes, that is why so many AW are overweight and not attractive physically, to me.

The other points you made, I cannot comment on as I have never walked down the aisle.

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2016, 08:28:58 AM »
Slumba, the woman at 124 lbs looks....."OK". But she'd look much better at 108 lbs, in my opinion. She does not look terrible at 124, but she'd certainly be much hotter at about 108. I would not date her at 124. But most guys would, I guess.

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2016, 08:30:38 AM »

As for a number of the men I have come to know on this forum and as a American man married to an intelligent, well educated (Russian University & American Post Graduate) woman. Who has a desire to stay trim and look her best. Someone who enjoys being a friend, wife and mother to our daughter and a true traditional Lady.

I find it interesting that you as a professed AW follow and post on a Russian/FSU discussion forum about seeking, finding, dating/courting, marrying and living with a Russian/FSU Lady.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2016, 08:33:05 AM »
Slumba, the woman at 124 lbs looks....."OK". But she'd look much better at 108 lbs, in my opinion. She does not look terrible at 124, but she'd certainly be much hotter at about 108. I would not date her at 124. But most guys would, I guess.

It seems in a later post, she felt 124 was "not maintainable".  So she went to 130:

Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline TigerPaws

« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2016, 08:42:22 AM »
It depends on the context. 

If you smile at a woman you have met in a social setting, it's fine. 

I don't know what the social cues are where you live.  Where I live, and in the American cities I have visited, if a man smiles and says hello to a random woman walking down the street, it is, 99/100 times, because he wants to start a conversation with her.  Or he wants to ask for money. 

I think you are overreaching with your statement on NA men being rapists.  However, think of it this way.  You are on a deserted city street in DC.  You have $1000 in your wallet and are wearing your Rolex.  You are walking to your hotel.  You don't have a gun.  Half a block from you, walking toward you, are two large young African American men, late teens or early twenties, in jeans and hoodies.  Does it cross your mind that they may rob you, or do you automatically think they are a couple of students going home and present you no danger?  Do you duck into the closest bar, or walk confidently past them?  That is the snap judgment women have to make all the time.  99.99 times out of 100, the African Americans passing you will just be kids going about their daily lives.  Same with 99.99 of 100 men a woman encounters.  But if the wrong snap judgment is made, life can be altered, or ended, in an instant.

Prudence would dictate to step into the bar thus eliminating the possible threat. The same applies if you have a firearm. There are always alternatives, cross the street, as you suggested step into an open establishment but more importantly plan ahead and be aware of your surroundings so you do not place yourself in a position such as you describe.

Offline BC

« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2016, 08:50:42 AM »
If ya want a woman who always looks good, won't gain a gram of weight, will look as young as the day you met, will always listen to you, never talk back, never spend a dime of yours, never have a headache and guaranteed to never divorce you....

Check out this agency...  http://tinyurl.com/gw85fkj

Offline Boethius

« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2016, 08:57:10 AM »
As for a number of the men I have come to know on this forum and as a American man married to an intelligent, well educated (Russian University & American Post Graduate) woman. Who has a desire to stay trim and look her best. Someone who enjoys being a friend, wife and mother to our daughter and a true traditional Lady.

Well educated at a Russian university=oxymoron.

I find it interesting that you as a professed AW follow and post on a Russian/FSU discussion forum about seeking, finding, dating/courting, marrying and living with a Russian/FSU Lady.

Perhaps it is because she grew up in Russia, lived in Russia until her late twenties, still visits her family in Russia, yet has embraced her new country, that she is interested in this discussion forum.  That is her right, as it is of any other poster here.

Offline TigerPaws

« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:58 AM »
If ya want a woman who always looks good, won't gain a gram of weight, will look as young as the day you met, will always listen to you, never talk back, never spend a dime of yours, never have a headache and guaranteed to never divorce you....

Check out this agency...  http://tinyurl.com/gw85fkj

I have been married to such a Lady for over 16 years, she came from Russia.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2016, 09:00:38 AM »
Young women who learn how to cook are a rarity anymore. I bet more AM know more about preparing a nice meal. Most of my male friends and I  actually enjoy cooking. The last AW I dated knew how to cook about 3 things and we ate them over and over and over. My niece is 16 and other than opening the package and placing the pop-tart in the toaster, she has no idea how to cook, neither does my sister-in-law. My brother does almost all the cooking.

That is your brother's fault (if the is the one who cooks).  He should have taught your niece how to cook.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541386
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3745
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3734
Total: 3744

+-Recent Posts

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:09:50 AM