It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What if AM is Hollywood gorgeous? RW please respond!!  (Read 35966 times)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
Re: What if AM is Hollywood gorgeous? RW please respond!!
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2009, 05:21:26 PM »
Average height of an AW:
Everything I have heard or read say 5'4.
http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/growthcharts2/f/avg_ht_female.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

The only thing I could find in regards to RW/UM heights came up on Google which led me to E/Ms where they did a demographic of women seeking marriage with AM. Hahahaha! Wouldn't ya know it :) Well anyway according to them the average height of a woman on their site was 5'6.

My personal recollection from visiting Krasnodar was that the women were both very attractive and VERY tall.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline OlgaH

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2009, 05:30:02 PM »
 Size of breasts, height, hair/eye color are all non issues for me, however, I don't even mind if a woman is a little overweight (not obese) BUT, I can't deal with a big honker of a nose.. if I can't kiss her without bruising my face or putting an eye out, then I have to move on! hehehehe

Daveman,

For example a man's hair/eye color is non issues for me either, but size of his breasts would be, though even I like when a man to be a little chubby. Robert is too far to be chubby... and I love him  ;), but I think if he would be much shorter than me... it would be too much for me, but if he had the same height as me and was a little chubby, like a little bear  ;D I don't think it would be a big problem for me.  :P About nose... I think that a big tall man with a big nose looks more proportionally than a short skinny man with a big nose. I don't remember me kissing a man with a big nose ::) or may be I did not pay attention and he was a master of kissing  :P  ;D In any case I can say nothing about it.

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »
Jolly.. I don't know.. maybe you are just tall and don't see all those short girls..???

One of the things i have enjoyed about dating in the FSU is NOT having an issue finding women shorter than me.. I am 5'9 and it has been really easy unlike here in Cali where a lot of women and people in general are taller than I am.  For the record I lived with a woman who was 5'10 for five years.. smaller is better for me.. ;)

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
FSU athletes on NBA and NFL teams
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »
I highly doubt 5'8 is the average height of women in Ukraine. As for me being defensive... I'm booking my flight as we speak to go take on the great... well not great... the tall Pavel Podkolzin. Gonna go posterize him.  ;D Get ready pavel!!!

As a Maverick fan, I had "high" hopes for 7 foot 5 Podkoizin!  But he let us down; or perhaps, was never given much of a "shot."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Podkolzin

Dallas strikes again with another FSU player.  This time it's the Cowboys, with defensive end Igor Olshansky.  Then Dnepr native is indeed an outstanding NFL player.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Olshansky

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »
Looks down his nose at sculpto and says "At 5'10 & 3/4 I am above the national average but no where near a giant. And yes, there are a lot of tall women here in SoCal, but then Cali is not really America is it? :)
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Simoni

« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2009, 06:06:38 PM »
Meanwhile, the OP, who has not posted at RWD in more than a month and was last seen here March 3, has taken his "good looks" to Hollywood, where he is appreciated... ?

Offline topofthekey

Re: FSU athletes on NBA and NFL teams
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2009, 06:28:56 PM »
As a Maverick fan, I had "high" hopes for 7 foot 5 Podkoizin!  But he let us down; or perhaps, was never given much of a "shot."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Podkolzin

Dallas strikes again with another FSU player.  This time it's the Cowboys, with defensive end Igor Olshansky.  Then Dnepr native is indeed an outstanding NFL player.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Olshansky

No Simoni Pavel really sucked. He's playing in the second division in Russia. Mark Cuban is/was obessed with finding a real big to put next to that pushover with a great jumper (dirk). Pavel was not nor ever will be an NBA caliber player.

The Jazz have a nice player in Andre Kirilenko (AK47) but IMO Jerry Sloan mismanages him. Sarunas Jasikevicius was in the league for awhile but went back to Lithuania. The best I can think of that ever came out of the FSU is Sabonis. Most of my favorite European basketball players came out of the former Yugoslavia. Drazen of course being my favorite. Pretty sure he is the only one in the hall of fame so far.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:33:56 PM by topofthekey »
Reporter: Any comment on the bar incident where it was reported that you threw a man out a window?
Charles Barkley: My only regret was that the bar didn't have a second floor.

The Round Mound of Rebound was later acquitted on all criminal charges.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2009, 07:46:59 PM »
Wouldn't ya know it :) Well anyway according to them the average height of a woman on their site was 5'6.

If you take first 50 profiles of Russian women you will get 5'7 - 5'8 (175-176 cm) as average height  ;)

Offline Misha

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2009, 07:51:08 PM »
If you take first 50 profiles of Russian women you will get 5'7 - 5'8 (175-176 cm) as average height  ;)

That is presuming of course that they are being 100% honest  :evil:

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2009, 07:54:57 PM »

Misha,

Honestly I don't know.  Is there any sense to lie about height?  ::)

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2009, 08:15:34 PM »
Olga dear they post fake and old pics.. lie about the age of men they are interested in.. and who knows what other fabrications.. so why not exagerate how tall they are?  99% of the men never show up anyway and they might think they make more money if they are taller.. i mean get more letters hahaha!

anyway.. I felt taller in Moscow than I do in SF, but, not nearly as tall as I feel in Mexico...

Offline Misha

« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2009, 08:23:33 PM »
Misha,

Honestly I don't know.  Is there any sense to lie about height?  ::)

Well, some will certainly lose a few years, lose a few kilos and add a couple of centimeters here and there  ;)

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2009, 08:33:52 PM »
Guys, I just can tell that you know better  :) I think if an agency wants to be considered as a honest agency the agency must take the biometrics of all clients and be fully responsible for all information  ;D   

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »
EM wrote that they took all the women who registered, did not break them down by country and put together some numbers, ie: height, weight , age, etc. I saw numbers for two different years, both showed average height as 5'6.

Yes women post fake photos, had it happen to me more than once. Yes men do the same, have heard from more than one woman (here in US) that this has happened. Men also lie about height, weight, hair, etc. It is easy to hide behind the internet and be what you think will attract attention. But the wool comes off when you meet. It's a little harder (ok, extremely ) to discern someone's motives, especially if you're thinking with Mr. Winkie :)

Offline mies

« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2009, 02:18:35 AM »
there are several dimensions in this discussion

1) do you men really think that women are made of different material than men are? do you think that a beautiful woman wants to have an ugly child from an ugly man, unless she absolutely has to choose this particular ugly man? (taking situation to the extreme) Would you think that a handsome and kind-hearted man will want to live his life with very ugly woman?

2) IMHO people who are weaker on a "looks" side, or lack self-confidence though their looks are ok - tend to look down on moral qualities of beautiful people - as a mean to compensate for own insecurities. Let's say average looking woman looks at the Hollywood gorgeous man and thinks "he must be a cheater so I don't need him" even though he was never an option for her anyway. Yet, she cannot know whether he's a cheater or not, he might as well be an ideal husband and father.  So in my opinion - real tolerance regarding looks means you not only tolerate people who look worse than you, but you also can appreaciate people who look better than you - without being jealous and calling them shallow and vain.

3) praising own outstanding "kind-heartedness" and "high moral values" and "nice character" in the pride-vanity sphere is no better than praising own looks. If you can't be humble about your heart of gold you should not critic the person who isn't humble about their beauty. In short - don't judge others.

4) yes - body does tell quite much about the individual, especially after 30yo - starting with his lifestyle, drinking habits, addictions, poor food quality, lack of exercise and passive lifestyle, and so on.

5) I understand that somebody may feel attached to his/her pounds, and i also believe this is rude to tell your spouse or gf/bf "you should lose your weight". BUT. If the person is clearly overweight - it would not harm if this person will start exercising and eating healthy. In the end - nobody wants a spouse to die from heart attack 10-15 years earlier than they would if they lose extra weight and start living healthy NOW. If your BMI is 29+ and you think that wife gives you salads because she's rude and shallow - caring only about looks and not about your wonderful inner world - well, maybe you are fooling yourself, and your wife only wants what's good for you.

Finally - if options were "good personality but ugly" and "sweet-faced a--" - most women will choose good personality. But the world is much more diverse than that. Between those two extremes there is a huge range of varieties, where you can find a good person with good looks, and a bad person with bad looks. So in the end "shallow person" is making a choice between "good looks and good personality" and "good looks and bad personality". What this shallow person chooses is a totally different story, unrelated to our discussion of looks or personalities. Psychoanalysis isn't my strength, but i'm pretty sure that Jung and Freud talk a lot about it.

P.S. what looks tell about the person:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x9C1Zutro-Y/R77P2wHuObI/AAAAAAAABPQ/EE0HEc2WlIU/s400/amy_winehouse3_300.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kate%2Bmoss/celebritybodygossip/kate-moss-party-picture.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YmujEDWi14U/SAiI4DpagnI/AAAAAAAAAUE/P3eTyMUGilg/s400/kabaeva_8_1.jpg
http://netdel.ru/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/malinovskaya.jpg
http://gdb.rferl.org/CA05F376-14CE-4DB8-8C1B-CFB992B8916E_mw800_mh600.jpg
http://www.idiot.ru/images/18590134_Bufer_obmena01.jpg
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:44:37 AM by mies »

Offline BCKev

« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2009, 02:59:04 AM »

Of course she was being honest - it was her height.

Women lie about their weight
Men lie about their height.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2009, 04:37:07 AM »
3) praising own outstanding "kind-heartedness" and "high moral values" and "nice character" in the pride-vanity sphere is no better than praising own looks. If you can't be humble about your heart of gold you should not critic the person who isn't humble about their beauty. In short - don't judge others.
That reminds me of a Dutch comedian.

An inaccurate translation of his work:

"It is not polite to tell someone they are ugly. I prefer to tell them they have a nice character......... (some time later)..... one of my friends had a baby recently. When I saw it I immediately said he has a nice character. He had the nicest character I have ever seen...."  :evil:
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Misha

« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2009, 05:38:52 AM »
So in my opinion - real tolerance regarding looks means you not only tolerate people who look worse than you, but you also can appreciate people who look better than you - without being jealous and calling them shallow and vain.

True, there are some people who are attractive, yet are modest and not arrogant. I respect that. The same can be said of some people who rich, intelligent, successful, etc... However, there are some people that are shallow and vain. I won't necessarily tell them that to their faces or tell everybody that I know, but I will certainly think it  :rolleyes2:

Offline mies

« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2009, 11:46:32 AM »
That reminds me of a Dutch comedian.

An inaccurate translation of his work:

"It is not polite to tell someone they are ugly. I prefer to tell them they have a nice character......... (some time later)..... one of my friends had a baby recently. When I saw it I immediately said he has a nice character. He had the nicest character I have ever seen...."  :evil:
:ROFL:

Offline mies

« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2009, 12:08:52 PM »
I do not think that in FSU looks were very important. At least not officially, and definitely not for women. FSU people do tend to feel somewhat sensitive about their looks - because they don't have a culture of feeling comfortable about their bodies and what they wear. I would say that official "policy" was to assure woman that being humble, "little grey mouse", hard-working, "natural beauty" is a true female's good virtues. If woman were bright and aggressive - she often became ostracized. If she even tried to look attractive - she was becoming target to massive criticism from members of her community. When the old rules in the society were broken in 1991 - people were breaking those rules to the extreme. So now the women do everything in order to emphasize their physical beauty.

Here is a bright example of the "old" approach.
In my high-school, when we were 15-16, it was approximately 1995, a girl came to class with nail polish (barely visible "nude" color) and just a little bit mascara. Personally - I did not even notice that the girl had a nail polish. Until the physics class - taught by the school principal, commonly gossiped about to be gay, and a real jerk. He was giving the lecture, then he stopped, went to her place, and told her "go wash yourself". She didn't understand what he meant. So he repeated again "go wash yourself. what are you - a whore? what does this dirt does on your face and nails? you are dirty. Go wash yourself. this is school, if i ever see you with make up again you will be expelled." The last phrases he was saying when she was already standing by the whiteboard and he was showing her to class.
needless to say we were shocked. Even most stupid boys were shocked and didn't try to make jokes about it.

I, myself, received hundreds of comments about my "doll face" and "my looks" from professors and colleagues in multiple variations, summing up to the idea that pretty woman should be stupid, or I should not concentrate on my looks and should try to look modest and that i "look bad because I am not modest enough". Even though i was the most modestly dressed/looking girl in my class during college years, and top of the class in grades - my parents are strict and they brought up me with "old values". So over years of "special training" i developed my own opinion of people who are giving me stories of "inferiority and vanity of beauty" and "superior moral qualities of modestly looking people". To my most active "teachers" I happily told "and who is fool now?" after i became independent, while they are still poor, progressively aging , and progressively unattractive.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:35:49 PM by mies »

Offline mies

« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »
when I was in Odessa a year and a half ago I met two ladies.. one purely as a friend and one as a potential love match. 

1) friend was envy/jealous?
2) advice for your ex-potential love match: "with such friends you don't need enemies" (old russian saying)
3) if your friend were from an agency I would think that you bring more profit to them when you correspond with multiple women, rather than with one "love match".
4) how can you be so pristine-ly naive?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:36:38 PM by mies »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM