It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: OTHER RACES  (Read 41768 times)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: OTHER RACES
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 11:58:28 AM »
Who gives monkey what parents think?   Nothing to do with parents!

If I want to marry a green lady and gave birth to mint green baby, then it is not my parents problem if they do not like the colour!!
Yeah but the mint green are always getting better jobs are the dark green ones...
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 12:02:23 PM »
I've noticed you don't give monkeys at all.
I belong to the category of people who think first, then do.

What if they said to jump off the cliff?   Will you do that?

You are old enough to do what you think - not what your parents think.

If I thought what my parents think, I wouldn't be HERE as they do not believe in long-distance relationships!  Neither do most parents!!

I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 01:32:07 PM »
Agree, but if I knew there is a chance of me going to Russia to live permanently why would I make their life and life of other people around me  harder on purpose?

As I said, when you meet a man, fall in love, etc it's one thing, when you  start looking at profiles of black men intentionally it's another. I can say I'd be able to fall in love with anybody but if I were looking for intentionally I'd avoid extra exotic things. Besides, more differences=higher risk of future problems.

See, that's something that always seems to be lost in these race type threads.  The crap a child may have to endure seems lost in the midst of people's desires.  Yes, the Mulatto look can be very beautiful... hispanic/black mixes, asian/black.  The white/black mixes often do not turn out so beautiful.. they can be gorgeous, or can look damn near like an alien life form.  Why should a child have to endure being so different?

I do believe in the right of people to love/marry whomever they wish but forcing another human being to live with the negative consequences of that decision is not a black/white issue...
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »

No,  her response does NOT prove your innuendo. Generalizing my own attitude and those attitudes that i observed among my Russian-speaking acquaintances toward black people, I would summarize it as the folowing sequence- curiosity -caution- compassion...

Sorry, vwrw, it was actually a joke - next time I'll put a smiley  :)  at the end.

Of course I don't think that her parents are anything other than Russian/Ukrainian - it's just exactly the same reaction as many other cultures where obvious colour differences occur (and we get the same reaction here with white/Maori or white/Asian couples).

It doesn't worry me from a child welfare point of view, as I won't be having any little ones running around in future, but there are plenty of my parents' generation who would look askance if I came home with a Maori, Samoan or Indian girlfriend.

Offline Vasilisa

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 07:38:05 PM »
What if they said to jump off the cliff?   Will you do that?

You are old enough to do what you think - not what your parents think.

If I thought what my parents think, I wouldn't be HERE as they do not believe in long-distance relationships!  Neither do most parents!!

I'd listen to your mom

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
Denzel Washington is one of my favourite actors

I loved his quote in a film called "Cry Freedom" when he played as Steve Biko.

A racist judge told him "Why do you call yourself black when you are brown?"

His reply to the judge  "Why do you call yourself white when you are pink?"

:D

Real life isn't Hollywood and you aren't Denzel Washington. You, your wife/partner will have to live in this not so Hollywood world we live in. As will your family, your children and your wife's family. Politically correct is an idea or a pipe dream that hasn't taken root in the FSU. You can believe you are Mr. Progressive all you wish but, that doesn't change the life realities in the FSU.

Offline Aloe

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 08:20:14 AM »
In my experience, many people will DATE people of other races, but NEVER consider them for a partner to have children with. In the west and in Russia, everywhere

Offline Misha

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 08:26:51 AM »
In my experience, many people will DATE people of other races, but NEVER consider them for a partner to have children with. In the west and in Russia, everywhere

I will have to tell my friend that his wives and children are and were fictional. He moved to the USSR from West Africa, studied there, got married and had a daughter now in her twenties. When she died in an accident, he then remarried in Belarus and now has a son  :popcorn:

Offline Boethius

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 08:38:56 AM »
She posted "many", not "all". 

There are always exceptions.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Misha

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 08:45:58 AM »
She posted "many", not "all". 

There are always exceptions.

No, she posted NEVER in allcaps, implying that there are never exceptions and that women will NEVER consider marrying and having a child with a man from a different race  :-\
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:47:49 AM by Misha »

Offline Shadow

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 08:53:02 AM »

I will have to tell my friend that his wives and children are and were fictional. He moved to the USSR from West Africa, studied there, got married and had a daughter now in her twenties. When she died in an accident, he then remarried in Belarus and now has a son  :popcorn:
Does sound fictional. Not a native speaker but it sounds like he remarried when his daughter died. :cluebat:

Offline Misha

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 08:54:33 AM »
Does sound fictional. Not a native speaker but it sounds like he remarried when his daughter died. :cluebat:

Me bad, he remarried when he became a widower after his wife died and had a second child with his second wife.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 08:55:35 AM »

No, she posted NEVER in allcaps, implying that there are never exceptions and that women will NEVER consider marrying and having a child with a man from a different race  :-\

Not all people, but many.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Misha

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 08:59:59 AM »

Also not true. A more accurate statement IMVHO would be: "Rather, many people will DATE people of other races, but MOST will not [or never if you will] consider them for a partner to have children with, in the west and in Russia, everywhere."

Though, in the West, it  would not be most IMHO but many as it is becoming increasingly common as the old taboos fade away...

It is incorrect to imply that women in the FSU will never marry and have children with men of different races as it did happen and it still does happen. It is far from the norm, but there are exceptions.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:03:43 AM by Misha »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 09:01:46 AM »

Also not true. A more accurate statement would be: "Rather, many people will DATE people of other races, but MOST will not [or never if you will] consider them for a partner to have children with, in the west and in Russia, everywhere."

Though, in the West, it  would not be most IMHO but many as it is becoming increasingly common as the old taboos fade away...

That was neither a statement, nor an opinion, expressed by me.   I was merely stating what Aloe posted, word for word, as it is not what you indicated she posted.

It is incorrect to imply that women in the FSU will never marry and have children with men of different races as it did happen and it still does happen.

Aloe never implied that.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:06:03 AM by Boethius »

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 09:05:36 AM »
"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated! - The Borg Collective

The other day I saw a beautiful Puerto Rican and an African-American couple. They looked very normal to me.  :P

Considering the Mongol rule, ain't it a bit too late for Russian to be racist/nationalistic? They reserve the 'right' to be racist, sure, but they would have to first 'hate' themselves. That can be a bit unnerving, I would think. So just face it, IT is 'IN' all of you.. ;)

Besides, if it isn't for the Mongols, Moscow (Russia) would never be what it is today, no?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 09:08:18 AM »
Ooh, very different topic, GQ.  Many historians say the authoritarian/despotic nature of Russia is the result of the Golden Horde.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated! - The Borg Collective

The other day I saw a beautiful Puerto Rican and an African-American couple. They looked very normal to me.  :P

Considering the Mongol rule, ain't it a bit too late for Russian to be racist/nationalistic? They reserve the 'right' to be racist, sure, but they would have to first 'hate' themselves. That can be a bit unnerving, I would think. So just face it, IT is 'IN' all of you.. ;)

Besides, if it isn't for the Mongols, Moscow (Russia) would never be what it is today, no?
The word racist is highly devaluted in the West and has become almost a synonym for not political correct. And as being political correct is an alien concept for most Russians, they are labeled as racist.  There are certainly true racists in Russia, like there are everywhere in the world. But most are just more freely expressing their thoughts as we are used or allowed to.

Offline Misha

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 09:24:54 AM »

That was neither a statement, nor an opinion, expressed by me.   I was merely stating what Aloe posted, word for word, as it is not what you indicated she posted.

Aloe never implied that.

Perhaps Aloe can clarify what she meant. Perhaps she meant to say say that many women will date and NEVER marry/have a child with a man from another race, while other women will date and will consider both marrying and having a child with a man from another race both in the FSU and the West.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
Ooh, very different topic, GQ.  Many historians say the authoritarian/despotic nature of Russia is the result of the Golden Horde.

I agree.

...it was also noted that the golden horde rule wasn't as oppressive as earlier thought. Matter of fact, the empire was very generous to it's collaborators which eventually gave ascension of power to Moscow.

But I do understand what you meant of 'it' being a different topic. I just find it ironic nonetheless.

The word racist is highly devaluted in the West and has become almost a synonym for not political correct. And as being political correct is an alien concept for most Russians, they are labeled as racist.  There are certainly true racists in Russia, like there are everywhere in the world. But most are just more freely expressing their thoughts as we are used or allowed to.

I agree as well Shadow. Which is why I inserted that 'slash' separation of racist/nationalist. IMO, there's a distinction although I realize western mainstream seem to have difficulty separating the two. I believe that people reserve the right to their own prejudices, whatever that may be, as that's just another way of saying folks are making their own choices - whatever they may be. As long as it's divorced from any type of violence or malice.

So I would agree there's absolutely nothing wrong with RWs having 'racial' preference. I am also acutely aware, based on my personal experiences, that that's all out the window every time they lay those sexy blue eyes on me. I can't say I blame them either...  :P
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Aloe

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2012, 09:44:18 AM »

Perhaps Aloe can clarify what she meant. Perhaps she meant to say say that many women will date and NEVER marry/have a child with a man from another race, while other women will date and will consider both marrying and having a child with a man from another race both in the FSU and the West.
I thought it was obvious what i meant, but ok. In the west and in Russia many people, men and women, will date people of other races, but those same many people will never consider other race people as someone to have children with. I am telling you this as an asian looking girl. I was strikingly unpopular on EM and foreign dating websites, getting about 1 max 2 letters a week, and that definitely not owing to my looks or profile. I find that tons and tons of men would gladly go to bed with me, but they would not consider me as marriage material based on my race. In spite of my gorgeous eyes and big boobs, which apparently lead the charts :P and small waist and etc etc etc :P

Offline Belvis

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2012, 09:46:01 AM »

Perhaps she meant to say say that many women will date and NEVER marry/have a child with a man from another race, while other women will date and will consider both marrying and having a child with a man from another race both in the FSU and the West.
I thought some time over the saying but failed to catch the message.  Just to complete the conception:
Perhaps she meant to say  that many women will never date a man from another race,  but may  have children with them.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2012, 09:53:49 AM »
I suspect the lack of serious men was based on your age, Aloe, not your looks.

Offline Misha

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:35 AM »
Aloe, had I been on EM when I was young and single, I would have both dated and married a woman who looked like you in a heartbeat ;) I don't believe race was the issue :)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 10:00:05 AM »
Danggit! I logged back on cause I saw Aloe had an image posted while speaking big kazoonkas, but no  :(

...oh yeah, eyes, too of course.  :P

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701