It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: So what do you think? "Avi's story"  (Read 154889 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
So what do you think? "Avi's story"
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »
One more: they said Yelena "met" Mike when she "already had her visa". So, there was NO initial intention to come to the USA to "mess with another man".

According to Zoya, Yelena met her husband Michael on the internet before she came to America on a fiancee visa. She came to America engaged to Avi. After Yelena got to America she met Michael while she was engaged to Avi. Then as I listened to the Russian translation unable to understand Russian I heard the words "Atlantic City" and "Palms". I know enough of the story I was told is that Michael went to Atlantic city where he met Yelena for a weekend together. This was less than two weeks after Yelena married Avi. The "Palms" was the restaurant were Michael worked and it was the reason that Michael claimed he had to go to Atlantic city. They were opening a new restaurant there. Michael had been acting depressed. Zoya said she wondered why. He would not tell her. So when he went to Atlantic city and wouldn't allow her to come with him she figured there might be something Michael was not telling her. Perhaps the reason for his depression. It was then that she asked her daughter to look into his computer. There she found Michael's emails to Yelena. In the emails I was told that they discussed Avi and the real reason why Yelena was coming to America and it wasn't for a long term marriage to Avi.  Just temporary. Zoya confronted Michael about this when he returned home. This conversation is in video in Part one.

According to Avi he was at work when he got a call from Yelena. She told him that she was on her way to Atlantic city to help a old girlfriend with a problem. That she would be back in a few days.

In the detective's footage (film) there is a scene where Yelena ducts into a car. This was at the back of the building in the service area where the garbage dumpsters are kept. She would meet Michael there when Avi was at home and she would have to go out for some reason or another. She did not use the front entrance where there are people at the reception desk.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:55:16 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »

Yelena came to the US on January 23, it was the time when Mike sent Zoya to Moscow to visit her parents, though Zoya always went to Russia in April, but it was Mike's idea that Zoya should go in January.

Hello Olga.

That was a detail that I had forgot up till now. Zoya told me that according to the emails Yelena arranged her first face to face meeting with Michael the second day after she got here. Also that Yelena continued with her online dating after she got here. Avi told me that Yelena asked him for a quality camera as a present. That she used this camera to take pictures of herself for the purpose of posting them on the net. Avi said to me "Can you image that?! She asked me to give her a camera so she could do this!"

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2010, 04:14:21 PM »
I think they immigrated.

No kidding. How?

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »
No kidding. How?

Judging by the time they arrived (approximately 20 years ago) probably the same why Avi and Ilana did.

Offline Doll

« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »
Ilana said she and Avi became more like relatives than a husband and a wife.
So this is the reason to divorce a man after 30 years of marriage?
We all are relatives.
Come on!  There has to be the reason.

Offline Doll

« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2010, 04:23:02 PM »
According to Zoya Yelena openly stated that she needed Avi just to come to the US.
According to Zoya. That's right.
You know how it is called? Assumicuide.

Offline Doll

« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2010, 04:27:02 PM »
Judging by the time they arrived (approximately 20 years ago) probably the same why Avi and Ilana did.
Ok, how?

Offline Doll

« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2010, 04:31:57 PM »
Ivy immigrated to Israel first, then he relocated to Germany, then he got the job  offer in the USA. So Zoya came same way? She and her daughter separately from Mike.
How?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2010, 04:47:38 PM »
Depending on when they emigrated, Doll, if they are Jewish, they could have emigrated directly to the U.S.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Doll

« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2010, 04:50:09 PM »
Depending on when they emigrated, Doll, if they are Jewish, they could have emigrated directly to the U.S.
They could, but how did it happen really?
Meaning what were the reasons?

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2010, 04:52:55 PM »
Ivy immigrated to Israel first, then he relocated to Germany, then he got the job  offer in the USA. So Zoya came same way? She and her daughter separately from Mike.
How?

I don't know Doll. It is a guess on my part that they were Jewish. I know that many FSU immigrants in the late 80's came on account of their being Jewish. I actually worked for a short time for a man who came to America this way.

Also I remember that Zoya was Armanian. She told me that when she went to court she met Yelena in the hallway and Yelena mentioned that to her plus some other rather unpleasant words.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2010, 05:02:27 PM »
The largest number of Jews emigrated in the early 1980's.  If one person in the family was Jewish (one spouse, for example), the whole family could emigrate.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Doll

« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2010, 05:03:56 PM »
Maxx, we can discuss this story forever, but something is missing. Too many assumptions and no "other side" reasons at all. Agree with GQ.

Yes, there are women who just use the AM as tickets, but the percentage is tiny.
The visa was gotten regardless BF, Mike was in the picture much later, age gap (20 years?), etc.
She (Yelena) had to count on some income, not so? She and 2 boys in this country with no job?

Offline Doll

« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2010, 05:10:20 PM »
The largest number of Jews emigrated in the early 1980's.  If one person in the family was Jewish (one spouse, for example), the whole family could emigrate.
Do we know the reason?
What I am implying is that both Jews and K-1 visa women were and are looking for the better life.
I hate it when Zoya is judging RW who marry AM. See what she said? Seeking for abuse is "on fashion". This is what she said.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »
They may have been looking for a better life, but they may also have wanted personal freedom.  RW emigrating now have the same freedoms as Westerners.  That wasn't the case in the USSR.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2010, 05:30:39 PM »
Maxx, we can discuss this story forever, but something is missing. Too many assumptions and no "other side" reasons at all. Agree with GQ.

Yes, there are women who just use the AM as tickets, but the percentage is tiny.
The visa was gotten regardless BF, Mike was in the picture much later, age gap (20 years?), etc.
She (Yelena) had to count on some income, not so? She and 2 boys in this country with no job?

The video "other side" on another completely different format is something I am going post soon on another thread. Let us see if the same level of criticism will be taken by you and GQ when the subject is somebody who would normally support your opinions.  :)

Just to let everyone know I have made arrangements with Daveman to put these videos into one thread as a video resource for this board. Each new subject will be on a separate thread and later merged.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:35:08 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline SFandEE

« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »
I scanned through the thread, but it does not seem to be mentioned very much.

Yelena is a bad person and did bad things.  Hope she is out of America or on her way out soon.  Good riddance.
"I don't feel tardy"

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2010, 10:15:47 PM »
According to Zoya. That's right.
You know how it is called? Assumicuide.

In the e-mail exchanges Michael had with Yelena that was read by Zoya he said to Yelena "I know this Avi. Why are you going to marry him?" Yelena's responce was "How else am I going to get to America with two kids?" to which Michael said "Avi should be easy to fool".

Just "to get to America" was  Yelena's initial plan.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2010, 10:22:53 PM »
So this is the reason to divorce a man after 30 years of marriage?
We all are relatives.
Come on!  There has to be the reason.

There can be different reasons. Some married couples can live like brother and sister, other couples decide that the separation would be better.

The most important despite divorce Avi and Ilana remain friends and relatives too, and Ilana still worries about Avi.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2010, 10:46:47 PM »
I hate it when Zoya is judging RW who marry AM. See what she said? Seeking for abuse is "on fashion". This is what she said.

You probably missed when Zoya said: "Such people like Yelena Mamedova..."

Offline Doll

« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2011, 06:34:55 AM »
They may have been looking for a better life, but they may also have wanted personal freedom.  RW emigrating now have the same freedoms as Westerners.  That wasn't the case in the USSR.
Let's not go there!  8)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:43:16 AM by Doll »

Offline Doll

« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2011, 06:40:53 AM »
You probably missed when Zoya said: "Such people like Yelena Mamedova..."
She said,"Первым делом, кто приезжает из России говорят, что бил". No reference to Yelena.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:42:55 AM by Doll »

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2011, 10:15:25 AM »
She said,"Первым делом, кто приезжает из России говорят, что бил". No reference to Yelena.

Actually there is reference to Yelena from the beginning.

Interviewer: She, Yelena, said that Avi beat her...
Zoya: What else Elena can say. It's "fashionable" today who come from Russia the first thing they say they were "abused", what else they can say. A man accepted her with two children, she did not work a day in the US living in his apartment and spending his money, he was working and he even did not have a clue what she was doing. What else she could say? What other charges she could press against Avi? Of course there are cases when they (women) were really abused, but in general such people as Yelena Mamedova who come to the US initially knowing the purpose the first thing they say they were abused. Why? Because it is the first law that is very punishable...

I took Zoya's sentence you quoted in the content regarding Yelena. You of course can take it differently  :)

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2011, 11:07:37 AM »

In English Zoya tells about Yelena's plan for marriage with Avi.
What Zoya thinks about Russian women marrying American men.
Her opinion of some Russian women's knowledge of the system and the use of women's shelters.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9wHPbq8xgA[/youtube]

Avi is asked "Are they vulnerable?"
Avi gives his opinion of Russian women on the Internet.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MDc6DTsPcw[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:10:32 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2011, 11:43:55 AM »
Thanks for your work and posting it, Maxx2. This is something interesting here with Zoya's view.

She opines that a woman's knowledge about her options in the US may be a pre-requisite to the woman's decision to marry an AM. Unfortunately, from Zoya's words either English or Russian, I could not draw any particular correlation about what results from what, starting 3:17. She says that people who know in advance what options will be available to them in the US, like shelter and others, may be willing to come to the US with an idea mainly to use these options, if I got Zoya's point correctly.

Would Zoya think that a naive woman without any knowledge about her rights in the US be by definition a honest foreign husband seeker?

If this would be correct, then we could assume that any woman who is well-informed about her rights, like myself, for example, would marry anyone in order to lie and betray him later, and to use the available legal options against him to her advantage.  >:(

As for Avi, I agree with what he said. He picked up a vicious and dishonest person. The only mistake he did was a wrong choice, that's it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:54:41 AM by Lily »
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1881
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM