It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Darth Confidential : Part 2 1/2  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Darth_Budda

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Darth Confidential : Part 2 1/2
« on: September 09, 2016, 09:14:32 PM »
Now we only have Green card and permanent residency.

When and how do we change her passport in Ukraine...

Is their any paper work in Ukraine I need to fill out....   
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
Re: Darth Confidential : Part 2 1/2
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 10:01:20 PM »
When and how do we change her passport in Ukraine...

I'm not sure you need to go to Ukraine for that. You can contact Ukraine consulates in USA to see if you can get it done there in the first link. If you're thinking you need to have the marriage registered in your wife's passport, Ukraine abolished that program 2 months ago according to the second link. If your wife does want to get a new passport in Ukraine instead of at the consulate, a general rule is a passport should be valid six months before expiration before leaving the country.

http://usa.mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-affairs/contacts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_passport

Is their any paper work in Ukraine I need to fill out....   

You're not needed for renewal of your wife's passport.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 10:22:16 PM »
I was thinking permanent resident status.. " For me in Ukraine "

I would like to buy a small amount of land in the future..
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 10:36:17 PM »
I was thinking permanent resident status.. " For me in Ukraine "

I would like to buy a small amount of land in the future..

For investment, now is a good time to buy. Prices are down and dollar is strong. My wife and I were looking at investing but putting my MIL's name on the property.

As an American citizen, you can buy a house but you can't own land. You can rent land. Only Ukrainian citizens can own land. Ukraine doesn't allow dual citizenship and I am not familiar if they offer permanent residency. My wife plans to become an American citizen so that is why we will use my MIL's name on any property we buy instead of hers.

Ukraine's government changes laws often. Rules on property ownership may change in a few years to allow foreign investment and change again a few years later to disallow foreigners to own property. It's one reason it's risky investing in countries like Ukraine.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 07:06:33 AM »
My wife plans to become an American citizen so that is why we will use my MIL's name on any property we buy instead of hers.

And when she passes away ?

How will you wife be able to own then through inheritance ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline alex330

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 11:21:54 AM »
Ukraine doesn't allow dual citizenship and I am not familiar if they offer permanent residency. 

Many countries do not allow dual citizenship, but fail to exchange information. I would think it better to put into your wife's name in case something happens like ML says. More paperwork involved and according to my wife it can be convoluted and a pita in Ukraine...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 11:59:16 AM »
And when she passes away ?

MIL is in her young 50's. Not planning for death but in the event of a death, property gets transferred to the nearest qualifying relative. In the even my wife is an American citizen and doesn't qualify owning land, the land will go to one of her aunts. The government is not supposed to take it. My wife trusts her family to give what is hers back.

If the property is a flat or a house without land, my wife can inherit even if she's an American citizen at the time but if we invest that way, we could put our names on it from the beginning or at least be co owners if my MIL invests some of her money in the same property.

My wife and MIL are not real estate experts but my MIL has a friend who works in that department and that is where she gets her information from. I hope it never comes down to inheritance to sort things out. Our plan to invest would be to get in when it's cheap and to get out when it's profitable. Nothing long term but we understand Putin influences what happens over there.

I would think it better to put into your wife's name in case something happens like ML says. More paperwork involved and according to my wife it can be convoluted and a pita in Ukraine...

Your wife is right there is a lot of BS going on in Ukraine pertaining to things like this. There can be lots of risk and headaches. The problem with countries like Ukraine is laws can change often, especially when government changes. What is legal for an American citizen to own in Ukraine now may not be legal next year. It may be better just to put everything in my MIL's name and risk the paperwork if she passes away early than to put things in my wife's name and redo the paperwork when she becomes an American citizen or if the government changes laws.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1995
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1981
Total: 1989

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Today at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Today at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM