It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anti-Putin March in Russia NOW  (Read 9663 times)

lordtiberius

Anti-Putin March in Russia NOW
« on: September 21, 2014, 06:52:37 AM »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Anti-Putin March in Russia NOW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 08:41:12 AM »

Here's an article on it. Organizers estimate tens of thousands marching. Police say it's only 5000. "No to war" and "Putin, stop lying", and "Ukraine, we are with you" are some of the things protesters are saying.

Based on some of the posts I've read on the internet from Russians, most Russians believe they have the right to be in Ukraine. This protest may get bigger but Putin still has the majority in his pocket. Putin wouldn't be pressured by what the majority thinks anyway compared to leaders of democracies that do have to answer to the citizens.

http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-march-moscow-against-kremlin-role-ukraine-strife-134404129.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

lordtiberius

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 12:26:03 PM »

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 02:35:09 PM »
Good photos.  I was surprised to see the protest on American TV, even though brief.

Isn't there another march planned for tomorrow (Sunday, Russian time)?   As I recall it was properly sanctioned by the government.
Doug (Calmissile)

lordtiberius

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 03:21:02 PM »
Idk, but the paid liars conceded that there may have been over 25,000 there:

http://rt.com/news/189472-moscow-opposition-march-ukraine/

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 12:10:31 AM »
Unsurprisingly, all the Putin sympathizers on this forum have gone silent regarding this topic...
 :ROFL:

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 01:42:08 AM »
Glad to see some sensible Russians over there with an accurate view of reality...

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 02:00:12 AM »
Up in smoke goes the illusion that the population is united behind the Kremlin regime...

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 02:40:23 AM »
These will be part of the approx decent 20% of the Russian population who are not Putin Zombies.

Interesting to see how their views conflict with the deluded anti-west pro Putin posters on here such as Fathertime,Manny,Shadow and GQ who live in the fantasy world that lays the blame for what is happening in Ukraine firmly on the USA and EU door.

Just saying it like it is.

Offline JayH

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 03:05:04 AM »
These will be part of the approx decent 20% of the Russian population who are not Putin Zombies.

My guess is that there are many decent Russians who if they knew the real truth( not the kremlin "truth")  would find putins actions abhorrent. That may well be a large marjority who are decent people-- but have no way to express that disapproval -even if they were in receipt of the facts. The whole thrust of putin closing off access to information is entirely designed to be able to control "opinions"--but as you can see on the forums-- where people who do have access to information still make idiotic conclusions !! :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 03:43:16 AM »
Unsurprisingly, all the Putin sympathizers on this forum have gone silent regarding this topic...
 :ROFL:
I am also against any kind if war and I am Putin sympathizer.
Any problems with conprehending it?
Plus people were having Sunday which is not hanging on the forums.
As a mother, I am against ANY war.

Offline Gylden

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 04:22:18 AM »
Most of those pictures are winter pictures (note the dress and no leaves on the trees).

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 10:46:08 AM »
I am also against any kind if war and I am Putin sympathizer.
Any problems with conprehending it?
Plus people were having Sunday which is not hanging on the forums.
As a mother, I am against ANY war.

Doll, you are in denial about Putin. Most of us can see his actions. Putin wants to create New Russia. His forces have killed many Ukrainians near the Russian border, and at border check-points. Putin has a long history of lying too. Putin has blood on his hands. It's obvious that Putin is paranoid about NATO. It is obvious that Putin is trying to control Ukraine, in order to keep Ukraine from favoring trade with the EU. Putin is acting like a bully. Putin preferred Yanukovych over Poroshenko. That's how crazy Putin is. Putin is ruining Russia.
Putin has placed many Russian troops along the Ukrainian border. This is pure intimidation.
Putin wants to control Russian media. His government is not allowing TV news stations to present a variety of opinions. Putin is trying to suppress news coverage of killed Russian troops who are sent back to Russia. .....Why do you support Putin???? Give me some examples please. Thank you.

Offline JayH

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »
Most of those pictures are winter pictures (note the dress and no leaves on the trees).

What are you suggesting?  That photos info above are not legitimate?   It was fairly cold in Moscow at weekend.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 04:26:56 PM »
What are you suggesting?  That photos info above are not legitimate?   It was fairly cold in Moscow at weekend.

Maybe I faked these pictures and hired actors or photo shopped it like RT.

lordtiberius

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 04:29:56 PM »
My guess is that there are many decent Russians who if they knew the real truth( not the kremlin "truth")  would find putins actions abhorrent. That may well be a large marjority who are decent people-- but have no way to express that disapproval -even if they were in receipt of the facts. The whole thrust of putin closing off access to information is entirely designed to be able to control "opinions"--but as you can see on the forums-- where people who do have access to information still make idiotic conclusions !! :)

The West keeps itself blissfully ignorant of these people so it can dodge its moral responsibility to them.  We can't even get consensus to block the second to the last dictator in Europe from the G20. As much as I like swift boating botox Tsar, we have a fifth column amongst us.

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »

glyden ,
only half mate , 2 are with green trees clearly , 2 with bare limbs , fair to guess half the pics are from st petes, half from moscow &yes they are experiencing a colder start to winter , their own gov has predicted a colder than normal winter this year ,

jay h My guess is that there are many decent Russians who if they knew the real truth( not the kremlin "truth")  would find putins actions abhorrent. That may well be a large marjority who are decent people-- but have no way to express that disapproval -even if they were in receipt of the facts. The whole thrust of putin closing off access to information is entirely designed to be able to control "opinions"

agree with you jay
most of the thinking russians we know here and there dont want war and dont think russia should have forces in ukraine ,

let me be clear the issue as i see it  is with the russian gov not its people ,

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »

Interesting to see how their views conflict with the deluded anti-west pro Putin posters on here such as Fathertime,Manny,Shadow and GQ who live in the fantasy world that lays the blame for what is happening in Ukraine firmly on the USA and EU door.

Interesting to see people giving so much credence to the minority population in Russia...yet when the minority here have a relatively unpopular opinion (here) and express it, it is seen as something that must be squashed!   hahah 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 07:41:44 PM »
it is seen as something that must be squashed!   hahah 

Not accurate.  Most of us on the pro-Ukie side will engage in debate and have been very patient with the Putinistas.  It is frustrating when  the Putinistas can't acknowledge the corn.

lordtiberius

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 07:56:28 PM »

Offline Drew

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 08:32:11 PM »

let me be clear the issue as i see it  is with the russian gov not its people ,

No, this is what we call a 'cop out.'

I have heard this forever concerning many countries.  Oh, we like Americans (put any country here), it just your leaders are screwed up.

Where the leaders of a country are more or less fairly elected, then the citizens of the country are fully responsible for government actions.

And in this specific case, Putin still has very high ratings (higher than most western leaders ever get) amonst the Russian people, so the Russian people are very much responsible for the war against Ukraine.

Offline southernX

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »

Interesting to see people giving so much credence to the minority population in Russia...yet when the minority here have a relatively unpopular opinion (here) and express it, it is seen as something that must be squashed!   hahah 

Fathertime!

FT, if you stop and think about it given the general experience /understanding / knowledge of how protests and the average fsu person thinks /behaves in regards to protests etc or any anti  gov push by individuals, you would realise why even a small % of people is quite  SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT  ;)

given that the recent polls for local  elections show up to 30% of people voting against the gov candidates in some areas it is quite a significant protest vote against russia being involved in a war in ukraine

% of election poll protests in russia certainly doesnt relate to a  %of diddly squat on here

SX
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:57:30 PM by southernX »
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 08:41:32 PM »
FT, if you stop and think about it given the general experience /understanding / knowledge of how protests and the average fsu person thinks /behaves in regards to protests etc or any anti  gov push by individuals, you would realise why even a small % of people is quite  SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT  ;)

given that the recent polls for local  elections show up to 30% of people voting against the gov candidates in some areas it is quite a significant protest vote against russia being involved in a war in ukraine

& of election poll protests in russia certainly doesnt relate to a  %of diddly squat on here

SX

Well SX, don't get me wrong, I wasn't disparaging the Russian minority at all. If a small % want to protest, then I think that is just fine, and clearly it shows some courage to do so, and they should be respected. 

Fathertime!         
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline southernX

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 08:52:07 PM »
No, this is what we call a 'cop out.'

I have heard this forever concerning many countries.  Oh, we like Americans (put any country here), it just your leaders are screwed up.

Where the leaders of a country are more or less fairly elected, then the citizens of the country are fully responsible for government actions.

And in this specific case, Putin still has very high ratings (higher than most western leaders ever get) amonst the Russian people, so the Russian people are very much responsible for the war against Ukraine.

drew, no copout at all mate, if you think myself or my family should dislike or even begin to hate our family friends in russia/ukraine  because the russian gov/kremlin /putin takes the country on a course of action many are powerless to stop then that is your choice,

russians voting , doesnt mean democracy as we might understand it here , the support for war among main stream russians is low , that is a different question/issue to  support for putins leadership

russian /ukrainians like anyone are pretty nationalistic /patriotic about their country , they tend to believe their gov generAly and even if not they as you should know dont see much sense in provocating or protesting to authority when it has little effect and may bring bigger problems to their door

Well SX, don't get me wrong, I wasn't disparaging the Russian minority at all. If a small % want to protest, then I think that is just fine, and clearly it shows some courage to do so, and they should be respected. 

on that we can agree FT

SX

Offline Gylden

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »
I am saying that three of the five pictures are not from this last week. There are still leaves on the trees in both Moscow and St. Pete.

I am also on the side of Ukrainians, just want to add a little balance to the propaganda, which is flying from both sides.

Must be a little more carefull of what is posted if one wants credibility.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1883
Total: 1894

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM