It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 4 dates via Agency in Odessa last week - have I been scammed, or is she legit?  (Read 48056 times)

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3

BTW the ' nine ' ..

is Irina Shayk 

Even this 'ol git knows she's a '10' ...'falsies' or not  :D

Which right thinking guy gives a stuff what others think about what makes a '10', any way ... ?

But please don't stop - This thread makes for hilarious reading - some of the 'advice / opinions' on here suggests quite a few posters need  check-ups from the neck up ..

i prefer rating a maximum of a 9, gives you room incase you see someone even more beautiful. I posted these women to give an idea on what rating is for me, i doubt OP follows the same standards. I hate the whole rating thing, guys always claim they hooked up with hbb 9, 10, or whatever bullshit, just exaggerated numbers.
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
i prefer rating a maximum of a 9, gives you room incase you see someone even more beautiful. I posted these women to give an idea on what rating is for me, i doubt OP follows the same standards. I hate the whole rating thing, guys always claim they hooked up with hbb 9, 10, or whatever bullshit, just exaggerated numbers.
Correct,
When newbies are writing a field report it's always about a 9 (they even speak about a 10), In the west very few 9 are hanging out, or in some places where the competition is so high that their level give them a very slim change to get a phone or kiss close.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection

BTW the ' nine ' ..

is Irina Shayk 

http://latestplasticsurgery.com/irina-shayk-plastic-surgery-before-and-after-photos/

Which right thinking guy gives a stuff what others think about what makes a '10', any way ... ?

But please don't stop - This thread makes for hilarious reading - some of the 'advice / opinions' on here suggests quite a few posters need  check-ups from the neck up ..

She is a beard for famous men.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:03:23 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia

The whole 'rating' thing is subjective tosh..

If one is happy with one's partner and the feeling is reciprocated... that is good enough ..

20 years ago my then wife used to mock an 'ugly' couple that used to walk everywhere holding hands .... they are still together and holding hands ...

They have my utmost respect ...unlike my first wife ...

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Boethius

20 years ago my then wife used to mock an 'ugly' couple that used to walk everywhere holding hands .... they are still together and holding hands ...

My husband has said that the ugliest people he has ever met were physically outstanding specimens.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member

The whole 'rating' thing is subjective tosh..

If one is happy with one's partner and the feeling is reciprocated... that is good enough ..

Yet you went to russia to find a woman, rather than date at home, where chances are the woman will be genuinely interested in you

Just admit it, you find fsuw attractive, which was one of the reasons why you began your search there. Dear god, i guess as you age you lie to yourself more to try and comfort yourself into thinking you are the perfect human being.

Offline Anotherkiwi

Think of yourself at 21, versus today.

Proves my point about not generalising!  ;D

You're grasping at straws.  Yes, I am still my parents' child, but they would not think of me as a "kid".  They treat me as an adult and an equal.  Except when it comes to disciplining my children, though the older two are now adults, so we don't discipline them anymore.

No, just making a different point.  I know full well the intent of the original post.

But a man of quality will recognize that a kid is chasing him, and resist the advances.  Muzh did just that when a physician he worked with wanted a relationship.  He has posted about it here.  The only impediment was her age, and she was older than 21!

From memory, though, wasn't Muzh already married?  If so, I would hope that most people would also be strong enough to resist that sort of temptation.  If both are single, though, why can they not be given the chance to find out if there is potential for a relationship?  It doesn't matter what you or I (or anyone else here) thinks about age gaps, or the relative maturity of the parties involved - May/December relationships happen.  Unless one of the parties is legally under age, it's nobody else's business.  If it's a crap relationship, they'll usually break up soon enough.

Offline GatoMoon

• Trips: 4 - 10

BTW the ' nine ' ..

is Irina Shayk 

http://latestplasticsurgery.com/irina-shayk-plastic-surgery-before-and-after-photos/

She is a 3 !!!  The only difference is that most of you only look on the outside while I see through her eyes.......

Offline JayH

She is a 3 !!!  The only difference is that most of you only look on the outside while I see through her eyes.......

Nah--it is your wallet on vibrate alert that has got your attention ! :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

From memory, though, wasn't Muzh already married? 

No.  He hadn't even thought of a Ukrainian woman at that point.

Offline Anotherkiwi

No.  He hadn't even thought of a Ukrainian woman at that point.

Thanks.  I stand corrected.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
Not so much the taking advantage, it is that it just doesn't work out long term.Once the woman gets her feet dug into the ground, gets stability, she will run as fast as she can. An older guy can be a good beta male to provide for her till she is ready for a more suitable person. If the woman is dependent on the male, e.g stay at home wife, chances are it will work out long term, as she won't have any other man to jump on.

It is really simple, but we make it so complex. Lets not mess about, after marriage a lot of the sex goes downhill, woman puts on weight, she feels comfortable, secure in a way. Once the fsuw gets that security, her true colors shine, get married out of love, it will last, if not, you can bet it will end a few years down the line. Please, if you really want to, beat the age gaps, go for the materialistic women, or women trapped in poverty, just don't moan when it goes bad, well you won't. you will do what others have done, never return again, or blame some other ludicrous reasons like language barrier.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:06:17 AM by dragonkid »

Offline msmobyone

Yet you went to russia to find a woman, rather than date at home, where chances are the woman will be genuinely interested in you ....

Just admit it, you find fsuw attractive, which was one of the reasons why you began your search there. Dear god, i guess as you age you lie to yourself more to try and comfort yourself into thinking you are the perfect human being.

As always, your youthful 'cluelessness' shines through ....I was living on the island of Cyprus - 13 years ago ..where Russians / Ukrainians / Belarusians, etc., arrived by the planeload.

I'm continually entertained by folks - whom I'm never met - nor likely to meet - 'telling' me where I went 'wrong'  :D

I have never denied finding FSUW more intriguing... nor has getting so 'old' been a disadvantage - as you toil to pay the rent / mortgage - or run to the bank of Mummy and Daddy...

I mostly went to Ukraine and occasionally Russia on biz... or to visit another Hero City of the Soviet Union - look it up

Get back in your box, laddie  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:33:50 PM by msmobyone »
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
As always, your youthful 'cluelessness' shines through ....I was living on the island of Cyprus - 13 years ago ..where Russians / Ukrainians / Belarusians, etc., arrived by the planeload.

I didn't ask how you found out about fsu women you old fart.

I'm continually entertained by folks - whom I'm never met - nor likely to meet - 'telling' me where I went 'wrong'  :D

2 divorces which i know you went through, god knows how many others i don't know about, i feel like your whole life was one big mistake.

I have never denied finding FSUW more intriguing...

But if you write a whole paragraph that beauty is within the soul rather than outer appearance, just because i said i prefer a certain type of appearance. Does make you a hypocrite.

as you toil to pay the rent / mortgage - or run to the bank of Mummy and Daddy...

Maybe you should tell this to your daughter also,seeing that you gifted her money. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:06:06 PM by AnonMod »

Offline msmobyone

I didn't ask how you found out about fsu women you old fart.

Exactly - you told us 'I should have stuck to the UK lasses'  when I  living in a city populated with 30 percent FSU folk... :D

2 divorces which i know you went through, god knows how many others i don't know about, i feel like your whole life was one big mistake.

Indeed  - divorce is nothing to be proud of .. It is noted you spotted THAT info - 2 is correct - yet failed to note where I lived when I first courted an FSU lady.. :popcorn:

My first wife is now happily married and we had two beautiful daughters together - I chose to leave her - not for anyone else  - just to be happier. Certainly, the palpable results of our union weren't 'mistakes..'  :D

My Russian wife - I loved deeply and she 'dumped' me .. Now, that did make me sad and I never thought I'd want anyone else.... at the time ...

Now, you can choose to read and learn by the wise 'old' sages experience or make your own mistakes..

With your current attitude - you will certainly be making a few..

Offline Boethius

I think that is unduly harsh.  It's usually our mistakes we learn from. 

Offline Muzh

From memory, though, wasn't Muzh already married?  If so, I would hope that most people would also be strong enough to resist that sort of temptation.  If both are single, though, why can they not be given the chance to find out if there is potential for a relationship?  It doesn't matter what you or I (or anyone else here) thinks about age gaps, or the relative maturity of the parties involved - May/December relationships happen.  Unless one of the parties is legally under age, it's nobody else's business.  If it's a crap relationship, they'll usually break up soon enough.

AK

I was recently divorced from my first wife when this very young sweet thing wanted to take advantage of me.  ;)  I just could not see her getting involved with a divorced man 20 years her senior AND with two kids to take care. And even though she let me know in no uncertain term my kids were not a problem, I knew better.

C'est la vie.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline ML

I was recently divorced from my first wife when this very young sweet thing wanted to take advantage of me.  ;)  I just could not see her getting involved with a divorced man 20 years her senior AND with two kids to take care. And even though she let me know in no uncertain term my kids were not a problem, I knew better.

Couldn't she and your daughter (if you had one) share clothes?

Think of all the savings.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None (yet)
Found out some devastating news about the young, 33 year-old woman in Belarus with a 7 year-old daughter I was really into and cared about. She has not been completely honest with me for the last 6 weeks of our communication about the situation with the Father of her little girl. Came to find out last night that he, about 6 weeks ago, filed court papers there in Gomel and hired two attorneys to attempt to gain visitation rights that would allow him to have his Daughter every weekend, all day Saturday and Sunday. She hired her own lawyers to try and block this, and only allow him to have supervised visits with her present when he is with his Daughter, for only 2 hours every week. Bottom line, I believed this girl with all of my heart, I put complete trust in her veracity regarding the ex-husband / father of her child situation. She lied to me. I never, ever thought Olya would lie to me.

I should have listened to FauxPass, BillyB, MsMoby, Jone and others who were trying to warn me I did not know this woman at all - simply being a skype buddy 5 to 6 times per week is no substitute for getting on a plane, flying to Belarus, and spending 24 days with her in person, all day every day. That face to face interaction is the only way you can even know if a woman is being genuine with you, or not. And even then, getting on a plane and meeting a girl who is a good actress / scammer gives a man no guarantee of success in finding love, a lifelong companion even when you do get on a plane and meet her in person.

My heart is broken right now and I am pretty down. I really thought / hoped Olya from Gomel, and her Daughter Veronica, were the ones for me. But I should not be heartbroken, this is just part of the "game", a very difficult and challenging "game"  of finding a woman to marry in the FSU, and I need to move on ASAP as luckily there are a TON of girls in both Kharkiv and Belarus who have shown a tremendous amount of interest in me, who I am friends with on VK and Mamba.

I am very good at learning from my mistakes. I usually do not make the same mistake twice. My mistake this time was not listening to men - FauxPas, BillyB, MsMoby and Jone, among others - who have a lot more knowledge and experience than I do in traveling to the FSU and meeting FSU women in person, in hopes of falling in love with them and eventually getting married to them. From this day forward, I am not going to make the same mistake and be so headstrong and overconfident in my own abilities to be successful in this game. If I am ever unsure of something, I am always going to ask the board a lot of questions, and this time, I am going to heed all the advice given to me when I ask these questions. I don't know very much about this endeavor. In fact, I know just barely enough to be dangerous to myself and get myself into trouble.

I am a good man. I have two extremely good parents who taught me right from wrong, taught me some very good morals and the proper way to treat a woman. I have a kind, loving heart. I have a lot of love to give to a young 29-33 year-old FSU woman.   I do not know if all of that is even enough for me to be successful in finding a wonderful woman in either Belarus or Kharkiv. All of those good qualities I possess, it still might not be enough for me to be successful. But I am going to be as persistent as I can be and I will not allow a few failures to deter me from continuing to fight.

I am very seriously considering Mordinson's Marriage Agency, specifically the city of Kharkiv now. I know Kharkiv is a wonderful city, it has more Universities than any other city in Ukraine. Lots of highly educated and intelligent Ukrainian women in Kharkiv. I have always been extremely attracted to intelligent women with Bachelors and/or Masters Degrees, and those are the types of women I have almost always dated throughout my life. For me, intelligence is so sexy in a woman, incredibly sexy. Kharkiv is loaded with intelligent women.....and also loaded with beautiful women. Michael Mordinson has a very honest, ethical agency with genuinely "good girls"....the women at his agency are sincere women who are genuinely looking for a Western Man  to Marry. I like Michael, I get along well with him in the very limited correspondence he and I have had (email, skype). I have complete faith and trust in Michael that he will do his very best (that's all I can ask for, I cannot expect him to work miracles or give me any sort of guarantee that I will meet a great woman) to help me meet a wonderful young woman in Kharkiv, and as a result of his agency and his assistance, eventually she and I will agree to marry.

There are some things about Belarus I really like a lot more than Ukraine. But there are some aspects of Belarus that I like a lot less than Ukraine. Lukashenko is a prime example, I do not really trust that guy at all. His government is not nearly as US-friendly as the Ukrainian government is.

On a completely different note, GuppyCaptain, whom I consider a friend, has not posted on RWD in quite awhile. I really hope we hear from GuppyCaptain very soon, and he can relate to us how events are transpiring with his lovely, sweet Irina he met at Michael Mordinson's agency. Guppy, if you are out there and reading this, if you have a few minutes sometime, please post and let us know how things are transpiring with Irina!! I am dying to hear of your success with Irina!! :)   

Offline treadmilldude

On a separate note, I am sorry for the long "War and Peace" novel I just wrote. I just got to typing, wanting to express everything that was in my heart and head...and that post was the result. It was a long one!

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
intelligent women with Bachelors and/or Masters Degrees, and those are the types of women I have almost always dated throughout my life. For me, intelligence is so sexy in a woman, incredibly sexy

I do not like this comment one bit. It is not a fair comment by you Treadmilldude. 99.9% of the time I agree with your comments and think you are very reasonable in your assertions. I guess this is one of those very rare instances I just do not agree with you. But it's cool, it is not possible to agree with someone 100% of the time.

I have a couple extremely close female friends who are divorced from pretty rotten men, and they have no degrees. My female friends are both wonderful women, the divorce was not their fault. They just happened to marry a couple of rotten men. I can say they are awesome!! I love their personality, I love spending time with them. If either of them were skinny/slender girls, I would have no problem dating and/or marrying either woman. Alas, both are a little on the heavy side, so we are just very good friends, no romantic interest there.

Anyways, I want each woman to find a good man the next time they get married. Whichever lucky man marries them ,Their new Husbands will be getting a top-of-the-line Wife.

I know you are a good man Treadmilldude, please do not take anything personally. I am just making an observation about your comment that I thought was very unfair and indicated a lack of understanding about the nuances of uneducated women

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=20916.msg433413#msg433413
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:12:39 PM by dragonkid »

Offline Gator

How many times after that did you wonder how sex with her would have been? 

I had a similar experience while with the UN.  Knew a few lady friends, yet spent much time with a proper British woman, a very young woman.  She 21, discovering the world; me 35, growing  tired of international work and returning soon to US.   Tall and voluptuous with a Russian surname (grandfather a Cossack officer who served the Shah's father a long time ago).  Dated many times but never kissed.  Never.  It was obvious she was a virgin, and I somehow relished the platonic life.     

One day in my apartment while making pasta and sipping wine, she whispers, "I need more experience with men."  (I summarize).  Long talk about first time, being in love.....  She kept her treasure. 

She wrote me every week for months and months.  I admit thoughts of those breasts tormented me......given a second chance life might be much different today.   Such decisions in total got me here, and I am happy.     

Offline Boethius

Found out some devastating news about the young, 33 year-old woman in Belarus with a 7 year-old daughter I was really into and cared about. She has not been completely honest with me for the last 6 weeks of our communication about the situation with the Father of her little girl. Came to find out last night that he, about 6 weeks ago, filed court papers there in Gomel and hired two attorneys to attempt to gain visitation rights that would allow him to have his Daughter every weekend, all day Saturday and Sunday. She hired her own lawyers to try and block this, and only allow him to have supervised visits with her present when he is with his Daughter, for only 2 hours every week. Bottom line, I believed this girl with all of my heart, I put complete trust in her veracity regarding the ex-husband / father of her child situation. She lied to me. I never, ever thought Olya would lie to me.

Without you filling in the details, it sounds as if the ex commenced this action after Olya started communicating with you.  That is not unusual, and FSUM have been known to do this out of spite. 

She may not have told you not because she was lying, but because she does not believe his action will go anywhere.  Of course, if he wants to be in his daughter's life, you must step back, because a girl having her father in her life is more important than a stepfather.  But if his action is to spite her, then he may not succeed.   Of course, in either case, it should not affect you, but this likely is the reason she didn't tell you.  Unless you specifically asked her about the father after he commenced the action, then she wasn't lying to you.  As you have not yet met, her failure to disclose this is normal.  You do not have a level of intimacy, at this point in your relationship, to demand more.
There are some things about Belarus I really like a lot more than Ukraine. But there are some aspects of Belarus that I like a lot less than Ukraine. Lukashenko is a prime example, I do not really trust that guy at all. His government is not nearly as US-friendly as the Ukrainian government is.

Unless you plan on having a relationship with Lukashenko, I don't see the relevance in who runs the government.

Offline ML

One day in my apartment while making pasta and sipping wine, she whispers, "I need more experience with men."  (I summarize).  Long talk about first time, being in love.....  She kept her treasure.     

My, my . . . such a cruel man to a woman in need.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline treadmilldude

Boethius, thank you for the reply. You are possibly the wisest member of this board and I always appreciate and respect your opinions on matters. There are many aspects of the process of an American Man marrying and, as a result, adopting a FSU woman's child and bringing the child to the US, that I do not understand and feel completely lost about. Rather than bother the board with my cluelessness on the topic, I will shoot you a PM later on today, if that is OK with you.

I appreciate the fact you are a lawyer, and a FSU woman yourself. I have a feeling you might be the perfect person to answer a few of the the basic questions I have on this matter. Maybe I am biting off more than I can chew by pursuing FSU women with Children. Perhaps I might be better served to follow Trenchcoat's path and only look for FSU women without Children. I dunno.

Regarding my comment about Lukashenko, I know that both Ukraine and Belarus are pretty much universally known for having two of the most corrupt governments in the world. But at least the Ukrainian government is more pro-Europe and pro-US than the Belarussian government seems to me to be. I always imagine Lukashenko to be in Putin's hip pocket. I always worry that at any time, if a Belarussian judge or government official, who does not like Americans very much, decides he wants to make my adoption of a child of a Belarussian woman, a very difficult experience, then he might decide to do just that. And suddenly, all that time, effort and money I spent on courting a Belarussian woman, winning her heart and the heart of her Daughter, is all for naught.

Thank you again Boethius and I'll PM you later today.  :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541559
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1864
Most Online Ever: 12701