It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1075561 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Blame for the Americans / Kerch Shooting
« Reply #5750 on: October 31, 2018, 10:45:40 PM »
Wow. 

Russia is now establishing that Western influence and the subculture based on violence was the greatest factor in the shooting at the school in Kerch.

Here's the story.....

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/18/europe/crimea-killings-aftermath-intl/index.html
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline DaveNY

Re: Russian Aircraft Carrier Suffers Damage While in Dry Dock
« Reply #5751 on: October 31, 2018, 10:49:35 PM »
Russia's only aircraft carrier, most recently posted to the coast off of Syria, was in dry dock in Murmansk when the dry dock sank and caused a crane to fall on the ship, damaging the deck.   This aircraft carrier has a history of unfortunate incidents, including an on board fire and mechanical mishaps.  It is rumored that the ship travels with its own seagoing tug so that if repairs are needed it can be towed into port.

Here is the article:

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/31/europe/russia-aircraft-carrier-dock-intl/index.html

I'm sure Putin will soon be saying the aircraft carrier will be rebuilt so that it's bigger and better than anything America has.

Offline DaveNY

Re: More Blame for the Americans / Kerch Shooting
« Reply #5752 on: October 31, 2018, 11:12:15 PM »
Wow. 

Russia is now establishing that Western influence and the subculture based on violence was the greatest factor in the shooting at the school in Kerch.

Here's the story.....

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/18/europe/crimea-killings-aftermath-intl/index.html

Jone, you and I both know the CIA did it in an attempt to destabilize Putin. Maybe NCIS and the FBI were also involved?

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Re: More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5753 on: October 31, 2018, 11:34:54 PM »
the REAL story about responsibility for the Kerch Shooting
will not ever be told in Russia

it's the same ole story
boy meets girl, oh wait no sorry, I mean
crazy guy gets a gun and shoots up a school
so how'd a crazy guy get a gun in Russia?
5 yr ago he might not have
but in 2014 Russia passed new gun laws
that basically stated that if you have all the correct paperwork
local cops MUST issue you a weapons permit
even if they know you are a right-wing nut case
who goes by the nickname "Reich"
and you know who was behind these gun laws?
well do ya?
it was Maria Butina!!!!
kid you not
go and ask google if you don't believe me

they will blame everything on America
avoiding all of their own responsibility
as usual...

you see comrades In Russia
America is perceived thanks to the kind information supplied by the Russian President
as a caravan that is slowly approaching its border
and can only be countered
by reinvigorating the Putin Jugend movement
at least it's not "build a wall" across the Bering Sea
so as f*cked up as this is
how is this country any better at the moment?

Offline msmob

Re: Russian Aircraft Carrier Suffers Damage While in Dry Dock
« Reply #5754 on: October 31, 2018, 11:44:27 PM »
   This aircraft carrier has a history of unfortunate incidents, including an on board fire and mechanical mishaps.  It is rumored that the ship travels with its own seagoing tug so that if repairs are needed it can be towed into port.

I read that there were casualties and a death involved in the dry dock's sinking ((

It is all very well mocking poor 'ol Admiral Smith (Kusnetsov) - the smoke she belches makes her easy to spot - but the British Destroyer sent to shadow her as the carrier passed through the English Channel was a Type 45 - which also needs a tug, frequently ..

http://www.savetheroyalnavy.org/final-cure-for-type-45-destroyer-propulsion-problems-announced/

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5755 on: November 18, 2018, 06:37:19 PM »

Moscow paper puts up and takes down article saying disintegration of Russia is ‘inevitable’

Putin Advisor Considers the Disintegration of Russia Inevitable

The third stage is certain; it will be accompanied by the separation of certain non-Russian ethnic territories from the present-day Russian Federation, the economist and political figure notes. “Such processes are usually accompanied by tragedies and blood. However, it is impossible to stop such tectonic forces of universal history.”

In Illarionov’s opinion, the disintegration of Russia will reduce military pressure on Ukraine depending on who will be sitting in the Kremlin. If the leader of Russia will be a responsible figure, then it is not impossible that democratic Ukraine will help Russia navigate this process in a way that will be less horrific for Russia itself as well as for the newly formed states.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2018/11/18/moscow-paper-puts-up-and-takes-down-article-saying-disintegration-of-russia-is-inevitable/
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #5756 on: November 18, 2018, 11:21:54 PM »
I wonder why it was takemn down ..

You missed this :

http://www.mk.ru/politics/2018/11/18/smi-soobshhili-o-gospitalizacii-obezdvizhennogo-yanukovicha.html

"The media reported on the hospitalisation of a paralysed Yanukovych . According to journalists, he suffered a spinal injury."

Must have been some Tennis game !

Offline JayH

« Reply #5757 on: April 10, 2019, 11:14:44 PM »
The myth of Putin's "popularity" is exposed by the reality . The article attempts to categorise  and explain  the situation in Russia.
Not that the fall in popularity will matter much to Putin-he could be at 1%  and still be "elected" with 80% of the "votes" !

According to a poll by the Russian Center for the Study of Public Opinion (VTsIOM), which was published in late January, the trust rating for Vladimir Putin has reached its lowest level in the last 13 years.

Currently, only 33% of respondents express trust in the Russian president.

At the same time, sociologists predict that Putin’s rating will continue to decline, primarily due to the decline in the standard of living and the popular disappointment with the “pension reform.”

The big question is at what point enough people with influence decide that Putin and his kleptocracy are finished .

Why some segments of Russian society still support Putin

In  general, it can be noted that, whatever the size of each of these conditional groups, against the background of a further decline in the standard of living of Russians, support for Vladimir Putin’s policy will continue to decline, and this process will become completely irreversible at a time when most Russians realize that Putin is solely to blame for those “external threats” from which he promises to protect his people.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2019/04/10/why-some-segments-of-russian-society-still-support-putin/
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #5758 on: April 11, 2019, 12:17:25 AM »
Not the smartest article to choose to 'make a point'..

1/ Putin's popularity is negative 70 percent and the 30 percent that still support him are too dense or have too much to lose by changing their minds

2/ No election is due to replace him or the Party he occasionally abandons as it suits... 'United' Russia

3/ The legal system is controlled by those with too much to lose

Indeed, this is bad news for Russians and Russia

The scary thing is any 'stunt' VVP may try to win back popularity ..( a la Crimea annexation )

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:19:43 AM by msmob »

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5759 on: April 11, 2019, 05:55:15 AM »

The scary thing is any 'stunt' VVP may try to win back popularity ..( a la Crimea annexation )

Or a false flag

Offline jone

« Reply #5760 on: April 11, 2019, 08:47:44 AM »
Anytime Putin's popularity flags, he can go back into Ukraine and create a populist movement through further conquest.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5761 on: April 11, 2019, 09:09:33 AM »
if you can read this image - does the writing style remind you of someone on this board?
BTW, former GRU officers, I am available to ghost write your memoirs, references provided and if your time is up we will protect your heirs just like we did Litvinenko's
me and Geoffrey Andrews are the best in the business!
c'mon I know you guys in the tower check this site

slovo

will be in Moscow this August getting ready for future events
blessed are the peace makers

I love the fact that NONE of you on this board know WTF is going on in Russia and Ukraine and have even the slightest clue of what's about to happen!!!

must...keep..mouth...shut...now...

just when I wanted to retire from all this
i'm confronted with the temptation that if I hang in there just a few more years I can end up with a nice piece of Odessa registered in the Russian Federation...
could live there part time running "bizness" as long as I keep it small and play well and share with others
it means my daughters will have to marry into a family as well

I dunno.....
but just the coin I'm gonna get for giving RT their next Samantha Smith translated into hectors makes me rethink things a little

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:57:45 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

« Reply #5762 on: April 11, 2019, 03:24:57 PM »
The myth of Putin's "popularity" is exposed by the reality .....Currently, only 33% of respondents express trust in the Russian president.

I posted in January my wife's dismay with the public criticism of Putin during her trip to Russia.  Even strangers such as taxi drivers complained about Putin and the economy.  I guess the momentum is building.

The big question is at what point enough people with influence decide that Putin and his kleptocracy are finished .

Ousting Putin would create much instability.  Putin would not go quietly into the sunset.  He would fight because if he were replaced, he would be imprisoned for corruption, etc.  For this reason, my wife does not want Putin ousted.  Instead, she hopes he takes measures to improve life for ordinary Russian people. 

Some RWD members above have hinted that Putin may make an aggressive move in Ukraine to increase his public support.  Such would not improve the economy, and instead could harm it if the West adds more sanctions against Russia.   One international event  that would help the Russian economy is political unrest in the Middle East.  The rise in oil prices would benefit  Russia,  Iran too.   

Offline jone

« Reply #5763 on: April 11, 2019, 04:49:14 PM »
I posted in January my wife's dismay with the public criticism of Putin during her trip to Russia.  Even strangers such as taxi drivers complained about Putin and the economy.  I guess the momentum is building.

Ousting Putin would create much instability.  Putin would not go quietly into the sunset.  He would fight because if he were replaced, he would be imprisoned for corruption, etc.  For this reason, my wife does not want Putin ousted.  Instead, she hopes he takes measures to improve life for ordinary Russian people. 

Some RWD members above have hinted that Putin may make an aggressive move in Ukraine to increase his public support.  Such would not improve the economy, and instead could harm it if the West adds more sanctions against Russia.   One international event  that would help the Russian economy is political unrest in the Middle East.  The rise in oil prices would benefit  Russia,  Iran too.

I inserted my tongue firmly into my cheek when I made that observation.   Am wondering how much money Putin dumped into Krim and Eastern Ukraine?  Maybe 100 Billion?  He can't be too happy right now about the sinking ship called Venezuela and all the cold hard Rubles he is going to lose there.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5764 on: January 03, 2021, 04:21:42 PM »

The preview button doesn't work Sandoro.  I tried.

I haven't seen Mike post in a while, I'm going to send him a PM
to see what's up.

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5765 on: February 25, 2021, 09:40:57 PM »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1972
Total: 1982

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM